2016 U.S. Open Draw and Discussion

SURPRISING to see milos struggle this much 1st 2 matches.... maybe the hype of him trying to win his first slam or him putting the pressure on himself is hurting his game..... he was the sexy pick at the Open with joker struggling and his run to the finals at Wimbly.....

Yeah he usually doesn't get broken these first two matches. Doesnt usually win pretty a couple 7-6s but hes broken a couple times already.

Kerber is danger of dropping a set to a woman who on any normal day would lose in straights easy. German hasn't got enough gas in the tank to make the final imo.

Down 0-3 in the 2nd set, Mugu now down 4-5 & serving.

Some guy who won the first 2 sets is about to be bageled in the 5th:rofl:

Ya good call on harrison, raonic just wasn't moving at all from the 2 sets I saw, unless it was an occasional rush to the net

Some good looking plays today

I like Lopez/Pavly in a ml parlay

Don't know why Delpo is such a big favorite. Maybe because he breezed through round 1 and Johnson had to fight his way back? I think Johnson just took his opponent for granted and I think he's the better all around player here.

Why is troicki favored against Donaldson?

Karlovic should be too much for young.

today should be less humid due to the rain... Not sure if there will be any rain during the scheduled matches

Last edited:
Janko Tipsarevic notched his first win in three years at a major on Tuesday when he defeated No. 29-seeded American Sam Querrey, 7-6(4), 6-7(0), 6-3, 6-3. It might as well have been three decades. That’s how long Tipsarevic’s journey has felt like to a man who suffered a foot injury and then so many complications in the prime of his career.

“I had a very turbulent career, you know,” Tipsarevic said. “Good junior, bad junior, great junior, good senior, bad senior, up and down, up and down. I never had a comeback. I was, up until 2013, generally a very healthy player.”

He was also generally a very good player, particularly in 2012, when he won 57 matches, reached four finals and notched a win over world No. 1 Novak Djokovic. But the following year a freak foot injury pulled Tipsarevic far from his potential. It eventually—after he spent several months trying to continue on painkillers and prayers—pulled him from the game, and three surgeries and three years later, the Serb, now 32, is finally beginning to feel that he can play the game the way he used to.

“Being mobile like I was in my prime was the toughest thing,” Tipsarevic said. “A big part of that is my new fitness coach, Professor Dusch Covilic, who is a professor of biomechanics. We are working on very specific movements. He has helped me a lot to improve my defense. We have only been working for a month, so he hasn't had a lot of time. I am injury-free for quite a while now, so I am finally starting to feel confidence in my body to defend in some of the more crucial moments of the match.”

<iframe class="instagram-media instagram-media-rendered" id="instagram-embed-0" src="https://www.instagram.com/p/BJv_OsOA1PK/embed/captioned/?v=7" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" height="537" data-instgrm-payload-id="instagram-media-payload-0" scrolling="no" style="color: rgb(2, 36, 60); font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Verdana; font-size: 11px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; border-width: 0px; margin: 1px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% - 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.498039) 0px 0px 1px 0px, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 10px 0px; display: block; padding: 0px;"></iframe>
Since 2013, Tipsarevic has only earned five tour-level wins, but after a Challenger title in China a few weeks ago, he says he’s getting some confidence back.

“I know this sounds very bad, but I was really having bad draws,” Tipsarevic said. “Even challengers, I was playing against like first round Jiri Vesely, who beat Djokovic in Monte-Carlo… On big events I end up playing first round Raonic, first round Cilic, first round Simon, guys who even if I'm playing well I don't like playing. I feel like I needed a few of the wins to get the confidence back. I was even offered to play a wild card [at the Challenger], I refused, I wanted to grind and win my way through quallies. So it really did help a lot.”

Next up Tipsarevic will face Spain’s Pablo Carreno Busta of Spain. It’s a an opportunity for another big win, no doubt, but the Serb still seems to think he’ll need to wait to next season to reach the fullest of his potential.

“Hopefully I will be the old Janko next year at the Australian Open,” he said. “I mean, only in the last three or four weeks I'm able to do stuff even on fitness without thinking what might happen with the knee or with the hip or with the foot or whatever. So this gives me a lot of confidence towards the end of the year where I'm highly motivated to hopefully make enough points not to be needing wild cards or protected rankings for next year.”

took granollers +9.5 before game time. he lost twice vs murray but 7-6 6-4 on hard courts so slight value to my mind. would have taken Fognini vs Ferrer in decline if fognini didn't played 5 sets and nearly 5 hours on 1st round

not sure if i take julia goerges vs venus williams . she is 36, has an immune disease and spent 2h44 minutes on court in 1st round

think del potro, wawrinka and perhaps Cilic are long shots value bets to win it all. in a good day they can beat/hang tough vs murray/djoko/fed/nadal.

djoko might not be 100% due to wrist,murray might got a burn out later in the tournament after playing so much previous months and rafa seems to be back in good form wut hard court not best surface and should spend lots of energy if he beats djoko in semi finals.

Anyone watching the busta/tips match? Busta live ml is +126 right now. Not sure how he won 5 straight games

NBA, looks like we both cashed on the Garcia match, although your sweat was a lot bigger than mine considering she was down 4-1 in the 3rd set and came back to win 6-4.

amazing how Lorenzi serving up 4-1 in the 4th set, blows 4 straight games, breaks Simon to force a tiebreak....then loses 7-1, lol....I didn't feel like cashing that fat ass dog anyways

Might play fognini to win the 4th down a break, after the first set he has gotten to ferrer serve A LOT

Back