2016 U.S. Open Draw and Discussion

Just getting back in, only have tsonga in early action (-3.5), looking to play something live

Anyone on CiCi tonight? If so, how are you playing it?

Long time no talk gents. Good to see you all

Kerber should have too much polish for Bellis. The American is in no way helped by the fact Kerber got basically a 1R bye. Her one/only chance was Kerber having been put through the ringer at least once through the first 2 rounds, yet outside a solitary set the opposite has occurred.

6-1 1st set, I notice Bellis not hopping & shaking with delight at it's end. Hard lessons coming from the pro on the other side of the net.

You're not playing tennis in Kansas anymore, Dorothy.

Gonna be really windy today. Who does that help/hurt?

andy should demolish.... 10.5 -130 is scary though.

As soon as I saw how windy it was, I felt an anxiety creeping over me. Far too many errors by the Russian, she's not taking to the conditions. Butchered her BP opportunity for a 3-1 lead and on weak 2nd serve to hit.

0-30 in the 10th game, prime chance to get back in the set...3 UE out of the next 4 pts, with 2 of them down to wind factors. Set lost. So frustrating to have conditions screw a bet.

Looking at Sock as small dog over Tsonga.. Any thoughts... Home slam for Sock he playin great has stopped doubles to focus on singles.. Looks like a good move.. N Tsonga i dunno if he can be trusted .. Inj prone and alot of his game is built on power n athleticsm didnt really think he has looked all that impressive and mentally he can become very unstable with his shot selection.... If sock plays to current form think the small + money is worth it.. Thoughts/ ideas reasons for tsonga?

Delpo playing very well very right now... and even with Thiem's success this year I would be very surprised if Thiem pulled off more than one set

Ya i agree.. Think he is worn down he came out flat to start last match...... Even though ashe plays slower think delpo power will be too much

Konjuh was astounding tonight as more than a +400 dog... hadnt seen her play before.... so hot too :tiphat:

Del potro being favored over Wawa is funny but I can't go against him. The over looks really good there. Should be a great match as long as delpo's shoulder is ok

Ya I hate vinci, and have faded her, but of course, now I want to and am backing her as well :/

hope my tenny boys are doing good been real slammed at work gonna try to get back on some plays

hard to go against del potro he seems hot right now

i love monfils and was wanting to back him didnt realzie the line was going to be 500s

lol vinci has won and lost me so much money i always seem to bet her but as you say that +5.5 looks pretty nice

Kerber is too good right now for Vinci to beat IMO. Kerber with much more to gain as well going forward.

Nishikori is playing well but he is abysmal vs top competition. Andy should win easily after his cakewalk match last night

Del potro being favored over Wawa is funny but I can't go against him. The over looks really good there. Should be a great match as long as delpo's shoulder is ok

I've been watching all of Stan's matches, he has been really erratic since the beginning of the US Open and benefited from playing average opponents so far. If he's not more consistent and mentally better I can't see him winning tomorrow. But in 5 setters Wawrinka is tough to win against as he is very good physically, could be a really good and long match so I like the over as well

Yes I've seen he's struggled a bit but he gets better in the 2nd week.

Usually yes but not always, he has been really inconsistent his whole career and he is better in slams because it gives him more time to adapt and gets better each game slowly and also because he is well prepared to last long if necessary, but what I've seen so far in this tournament has been worrying; if he doesn't get way better tomorrow I think Delpo wins easily, but Stan surprised quite a few times in slams so in all cases it should be a very interesting match

They just said on french tv that Pouille played 5 more hours than Monfils, could be a factor. Also quite windy it seems outside but inside Arthur Ashe should not be a problem especially with the added structure of the roof

it was hard looking at their match history with a withdraw and a 6 game spread the match before

Back