2016 Tennis Season - Discussion Thread

Shvedova +110? Yes please.

Also looking at Cibulkova +115 and o21.5, Fed/Johnson o35 and Mahut -145. Nishikori -130 on my radar too but Cilic seems to be rounding in to better form so laying off in this spot. Kei good H2H record tho.

and Coco gonna roll IMO. Just not sure I want to lay that price and -4.5 side is tricky. Could see a tiebreak which would really fuck it up.

On Monday, I like Mahut a lot. Playing great on grass, 2-0 vs Querrey in the h2h, Querrey off the biggest win of his career maybe not that easy to re-focus

That was my initial thought as well after the win vs joker but i don't think Querrey is the type to get too hyped after the win he had. Also being 0-2 vs your next opponent and just losing to him recently should mitigate his loss of focus. It's not like he's saying to himself that it'll be a cakewalk.

plus joker citing possible injury after the match can't make him too thrilled either

I think a bigger issue for Querrey is the fact that (1) this is only his 3rd ever 4R match in his 38th Slam appearance (he lost his first 2) and (2) the fact that he had a somewhat mammoth 1R match, which are factors that - when combined with his effort vs. the Joker - add up to maybe this being one rung too high on the ladder for him to climb. But beating a big name in and of itself imo doesn't necessarily automatically lead to a next match letdown. It can equally send someone into a mindset that sends them "over the top" where they're infused with the belief that since they beat the best, they can beat anybody. To me that's what happened to Lisicki during her final run in '13 after she beat Serena. Of course being in the Final snapped her out of her 'high' and we all know what happened next. But she had no letdown after beating Serena, undoubtedly the biggest win of her career.

Pavlyuchenkova wins the 1st set, fantastic for those of us who wanted to bet her +1.5 sets but couldn't. Grats to those who did.

Kerber 6-3 in the 1st, Doi proving incapable of pulling 2 matches in a row out of her ass.

Cibulkova just has too much power on the grass for pop-gun Fraudwanska.

Kerber & Pavlyuchenkova rolling in their 2nd sets. Doi can't fuck off soon enough as far as I'm concerned. Friedsam would've pushed Kerber to the limit.

For the 3rd time in the 2nd set, Cibulkova will serve to consolidate a break. If she holds this time, she wins. The last 2 times she's gone down 15-40 in failing to hold.

Fraudwanska won 48% of her 1st serve points, and yet won the set. Eastbourne inertia in full force on Cibu's game. She's delivering a classic WTA meltdown.

Fraudwanska's getting too many easy service games now. Cibu can't be bageled, but it's clear as day her chance to win came & went in the 2nd set. Fraudwanska's just way too expensive to put $$ on.

Agree but the way Cibulkova celebrated like she won the whole fucking thing after that last match was a huge red flag

Unbelievable. Cibu had a smash to win the game and a completely open court, and she hit it straight at Fraudwanska.

Fraudwanska wins 4 straight points to hold.

I do not believe the shot Cibulkova just pulled off. She's done everything in the last 3 games. Sucked the biggest cock possible to shoving her own cock right up Fraudwanska's asshole.

at 15-all she suffered a second time violation, which cost her a 1st serve. So she only had 1 serve for the point, and from there her service game just fell to pieces.

Back