2016 Tennis Season - Discussion Thread

Muguruza is down 5-1, and her opponent will serve for the set.

Cepelova is, from what I've seen, garbage. French Open hangover in full effect.

Babos is having a bit of a breakthrough year, I think she's overpriced considering I believe she has a better ground game than hit-or-miss Coco does. Only reason I'm not biting is she really doesn't have any grass court pedigree, whereas Coco is 25-7 on grass since 2014. But I certainly wouldn't pay the price an American win is asking.

Bouchard had 3 BP, and Konta holds. 3-2 down & serving for Genie becomes 4-1 down & now needing to hold to stave off losing the set. Huge game, could've decided the match when seen in hindsight.

Konjuh served for the match at 5-4 up in the 3rd against Fraudwanska and managed 2 match points; she's now serving to stay in the match at 6-7 down.

Djoko saved by the rain again this year, let's see if he can do the exact same as last year tomorrow will be interesting :popcorn:

Cibulkova playing out of her mind but Bouchard owns matchup 2-0 including one from earlier this year when Bouchard was in much worse form. She might be starting to get her mojo back but +135 might not be enough for me to nibble.

Friedsam had 5 set points in the 10th game, on top of having served for a 4-1 lead. Frustrating effort from the better player on this surface.

Wow, nice job.

Joker never even close to exhibition form in that match. Quarry played solid but Joker was terrible.

Event the GOAT will lose once in awhile.

Joker announces he's out of Davis cup.

Futures still available with Serbia at +185 eating up the favorite money.

I would consider France at +275 now. Who will move close to even IMO

Cibulkova hasn't even finished her 4th service game, and already Bouchard has 9 return errors. Showing nothing like her Konta form so far.

Keys wins 3 straight games, 5-all in the 2nd. Cornet just another mental midget. Quite how she beat Serena here a few years back is as unfathomable as Serena's loss to another Frenchie (Razzano) in the 1st round of the French.

Good luck if you play it. I think I will just watch it, good chance of a tie-break in the 4th and if Tsonga can go to the 5th he still has to take Isner's serve it won't be easy..

I like Zverev (vs Berdych), Berdych won both match-ups this year but both in the deciding sets and close ones, think it will be a close match again. Undecided on how to play it yet, mix of ML/handicap and over maybe.

Not an expert in women tennis, but Boserup might be worth a small shot. She beat Vesnina in straight sets a few months ago and is around +350 here.

I'm on Kuznetsova -145 and Boserup +5 games. Boserup already beat Vesnina this year in straight sets - she's worth a shot on the ML too.

On Monday, I like Mahut a lot. Playing great on grass, 2-0 vs Querrey in the h2h, Querrey off the biggest win of his career maybe not that easy to re-focus

Back