2016 Tennis Season - Discussion Thread

frankly, I don't like Joker being ahead a solitary break given my bet, I do not trust anything I'm seeing from him. Murray was due a lull after the energy he put in the 1st set, imo Nole is only traveling well currently because Muzza's suffering an enforced breather. Of course this lull may get Nole into the match/back into form, but as it stands his play still isn't all there.

Historically the set least likely to deliver a tb @RG in the Open era is the 3rd.

4 players have won a final via tiebreak success in the 4th set.

I looked at Murray +450 to win the 1st & lose SU, but their record in Slams of the 1st set winner being 8-1 (7-0 when the 1st didn't incl. a tb) put me right off it.

Ady body languageclooks that of a defeated opponent... Not capitalizing opening of 2nd set to break changed it all around

'76, '87, '00 & '06 are the 4 finals that have been won with a tiebreak win in the 4th.

'01 was won with a 6-0 4th.

'72, '94 & '11 were finals won with a 6-1 4th

'68 & '85 were won with a 6-2 in the 4th

These 2 have completed 16 sets on clay playing each other, and not one has ended up 6-4.

Set number 17 doesn't look like it's going to finish at that score either.

Joker 5-2 up, will serve to win the French Open.

Nole is the GOAT. Think he goes for 20+ slams.

lol it's easier than ever to win grand slams for him vs injured roger and rafa who are older than him. He will never be the greatest clay player(it's rafa) He won't be the best grass/indoor player (it's Roger), so he is the GOAT of what?? No matter if he wins 25 slams he will never got the artist/genuis shots of Roger that are out this world There is no more del potro who could steal him a grand slam like stan/cilic/nishikori/soderling. The new generation is pretty weak. raonic/thiem/goffin/nishikori are slow to grow mentally/physically.

like TOni nadal said in recent interview if he has the best version of rafa and roger he would still be number 1 and wins some slams but not as dominant as he is right now.

He had an easy draw this year and didn't had to play rafa to win like roger in 2009

You can say that with rafa and in general regarding sports he is one of the most physical/mental sportsmen of all time , but tecnically speaking whit a racket in hand , there are players more gifted than him. He has not the best first serve/volley/forehand . never made tweener or incredible defense passing shot like rafa. doesn't have the extraordinary one hand back hand of stanimal. And perhaps as an estern player like sharapova, we will realise he used drugs like her in forthcoming years.

Murray recently said he doesn't understand that sometimes he faces players that look never tired like djoko. He doesn't eat gluten and have a personal artificial oxygen device that could be considered artificial drug (http://www.outsideonline.com/1930416/secret-science-novak-djokovics-training-pod)

he can win more than 17 slams but there are some records that will be out of his reach for ever both from rafa/roger

The discussion of who is the GOAT is not gonna happened till he doesn't break roger's record.

Had to save & post this, because these 9 straight games are the epitome of women's tennis when it comes to serving...

View attachment 41053

6 breaks, and in every instance the server was down 30-40 (highlighted red): neither server was capable of winning a 3rd point before losing a 3rd. Yet the 3 service games outside the 6 nightmarish attempts to hold? The server didn't lose a single point in any of them (highlighted in blue).
Pure twilight zone stuff.

Around +250. He had won something like £200 in prize money until now this year, guaranteed to earn £50'000 at Wimbledon now. Plays Federer next!

lol, 772 in the world vs. a player barely outside the top 50, and the latter never looks like winning a set? Calling shenanigans.

Back