2016 Tennis Season - Discussion Thread

Woke up in time to see the last 2 games. Good for Garbine.

She seems to actually have some killer instinct in a sport that's been basically lacking it (with one exception obv) for years. Hope she can keep it going, tend to agree BC.

Evert just played Captain Obvious and said she feels that Muguruza is the most mature of all the new wave of WTA talent: makes perfect sense therefore she's the first one to win a Slam.

serena could at best tie graff slam record but don't think she is gonna win 2 more slams. there are better players from baseline now (azarenka,muguruza,kerber,halep,etc...)

the most surprising today was her serve that used to be awesome at most critical time in the past (break points to save,etc..) but not today. i was a bit tense with mugu serve you could feel how tense she was. i was saying if she start serving like azarenka/dementieva she is done even if serena has some issues

Just watched some highlights, Mugu's BH pretty much won her that match. Absolutely lethal, she was fearless with it. Let her down at crucial times in the Wimbledon final against Serena, but not today.

------

serena could at best tie graff slam record but don't think she is gonna win 2 more slams. there are better players from baseline now (azarenka,muguruza,kerber,halep,etc...)

the most surprising today was her serve that used to be awesome at most critical time in the past (break points to save,etc..) but not today. i was a bit tense with mugu serve you could feel how tense she was. i was saying if she start serving like azarenka/dementieva she is done even if serena has some issues

grats on the wins, edou1x:cheers3:

BC gun to head u think it goes 3 or 4 sets.. The U is callin my name cuz i see one blowout set n this goin 4 max.. Always wanted to sprinkle some novak 3-0 for some +

Honestly I think Murray has shown enough thus far to go close to winning 1 set. Plus as my stats say 3 posts back, Nole has rarely won a Slam final in straights. I can see it happening, but I wouldn't bet big on it.

It pays less but better u39.5 than 3-0. The historical numbers say the Under at this number is north of a 70% chance if the match doesn't go to 5 sets.

Ya i sawthat.. My real concern is if novak who has been at this stage countless times maybe presses a bit cuz we all know how bad he wants this one

Im hittin under 39.5 for some + my book has O juiced... Just think u see one set 6-1, 6-2 score line esp if murray wins set 2 n loses set 3

Well that is one reason why I like the no tiebreak, outside of what the stats say. Nole coming hard in all sets has the potential to clean out Murray, for sure. But 2 easy sets up, there's still a chance he mentally gets complacent. 10 of the 20 finals decided in 4 sets have seen the loser win the 3rd set for their only set win. 50% of the time.

When Murray won Wimbledon, he was the first British player since 1936 to do so.

If he wins here today, he'll be the first British player to do so since 1935.

Back