2016 NFL Draft

Yeah, it would make sense to be able to see over the line a bit easier, but for whatever reason there haven't been too many successful QB's over 6'6". Could be there haven't been too many of them to begin with, that's quite possible. Flacco is the best on that list, and that's not a bad aspiration for a young, tall QB.

I read somewhere that the defense can easily see/read the eyes of a tall guy. Don't know how true that is. Maybe they are an easier target

Wonder how CaptSlap is doing?

His troll about Grind a few months back was hilarious

I forget what that was ... how can you troll grind? He's so calm and pleasant all the time, lol.

After listening to Vernon Adams on Dan Patrick this week I can't wait to see who takes a flier on him, sounded like a chip on his shoulder

I read somewhere that the defense can easily see/read the eyes of a tall guy. Don't know how true that is. Maybe they are an easier target

You'd imagine they wouldn't be as agile, but many of the guys on that list were/are.

I read that defenses can read a tall quarterback's very soul through his clearly visible eyes.

wear colored contacts so they can't read them

abd19904a1113af27093e1acbc6ae4da.jpg

"I guarantee you [Norv Turner] will make him the Michael Irvin of the Minnesota Vikings." — Michael Irvin, just now, on Laquon Treadwell

Yeah, he snuck that puck in like Steed sneaks into your fucking hotel room late at night if you don't deadbolt the door. Goddamnit, Steed.

They definitely need goalline technology. Those soccer replays now are the best.

I was watching a prem game this year, and I was confused how the ref called it a goal so quick, it looked 50/50, didn't realize there is some type of beep that goes into the ref's ear when it crosses

Could be right Lar, obviously the culture is here but man how much can a program take on and we've now lost Darryl Washington pretty much for good too. It's risk/reward no doubt

I was watching a prem game this year, and I was confused how the ref called it a goal so quick, it looked 50/50, didn't realize there is some type of beep that goes into the ref's ear when it crosses

its the big watch they wear, it buzzes

The other tough thing would be the goalie's pads obscuring it. It's easier with soccer in that generally there's not a lot in the way of something seeing the ball cross the line.

So the technology does exist? Why isn't the NHL using it, or talking about it?

the cameras can pinpoint the round footballs shape and know where it is

because the puck is a different shape

you could hold it sideways and its on the line, flip it around without moving it so its vertical flat and its in

Ahhh, that's for soccer.

There still has to be a way to make it work with a puck.

The other tough thing would be the goalie's pads obscuring it. It's easier with soccer in that generally there's not a lot in the way of something seeing the ball cross the line.

England could have used it in 2010 against ze germans

the cameras can pinpoint the round footballs shape and know where it is

because the puck is a different shape

you could hold it sideways and its on the line, flip it around without moving it so its vertical flat and its in

I'm thinking more along the lines of the watch technology. No need for cameras. Sensors on the puck and the goal line. When there is a gap between the sensors, it's a goal.

Braves you hear that news about 2-3 weeks ago that the MLS agreed to fold after the 2001 season ? Jesus I hate to begin to think how disastrous that would have been for the future of USA soccer.

Back