2016 NBA Playoffs: First Round Discussion

well fitting considering how bad they played they being KD and westbrook...... they didnt deserve to make that hoop not to mention KD just drove and threw it up not even a good shot

OKC is one of the worst coached teams in the NBA...Westbrook taking that three off a timeout is just horrendous.

They're fucking clueless. Their talent matches up against anyone in the NBA and has for years now...maybe not THIS season with GSW...but the only reason they don't have a title or at least more opportunities is their coach.

Put Popovitch/Kerr on OKC and they're so much better

I like montejunas in the game
he is tough n does not back down
toughen these boys up

The NJ Emergency Alert System is being tested NOW? For ONE HOUR? During the NBA & NHL playoffs? Are you for real?

All three teams that were down 0-1 (Toronto, Dallas, Houston) covered the line today. Boston tomorrow? Memphis is getting a shit ton of points but I don't think it'll matter how banged up they are.

All 3 of those teams lost ATS, Boston didn't. That's the fly in the ointment of that theory for me.

Joe Schmoe has seen Boston cash without winning. They only lost by a point, why can't they take the next step & win SU (therefore cash ATS again)? will be Joe S's thinking. Lost in that particular train of thought is the fact Atlanta dominated the 1st half (by 15 pts), and Boston only came back in the shadow of Atlanta coasting on that lead.

Are you calling me Joe Schmoe

Think they win by 12+ tomorrow but I do suck at this sport

Yes think it's a blow out, only one bet on it

Tbh I hoped they had won game one and would be pretty big on Atlanta but that didn't sort itself out like I'd hoped so treading lightly

OK, well I wouldn't say Boston can't win, but by 10+? that's a brave call along with what should be a very nicely paying one. BOL:shake:

Foster & Brothers IN DA HOUSE

[TABLE="class: table table-striped table-bordered table-hover, width: 100%"]
<thead style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]James Williams[/TD]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]Tom Washington[/TD]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]Mike Callahan[/TD]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]Away Record(ATS)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[0].RecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]174-161 (51.94%)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[1].RecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]266-291 (47.76%)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[2].RecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]262-249 (51.27%)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Under Record[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[0].TotalRecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #DFF0D8"]191-148 (56.34%)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[1].TotalRecordPercent > 52.38}"]284-274 (50.9%)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[2].TotalRecordPercent > 52.38}"]264-243 (52.07%)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: table table-striped table-bordered table-hover, width: 100%"]
<thead style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]BOS @ ATL(-6.5-110)[/TD]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]Scott Foster[/TD]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]Tony Brothers[/TD]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]Josh Tiven[/TD]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]Away Record(ATS)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[0].RecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #DFF0D8"]309-241 (56.18%)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[1].RecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #DFF0D8"]296-234 (55.85%)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[2].RecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]183-179 (50.55%)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Under Record[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[0].TotalRecordPercent > 52.38}"]260-300 (46.43%)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[1].TotalRecordPercent > 52.38}"]264-273 (49.16%)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[2].TotalRecordPercent > 52.38}"]172-189 (47.65%)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

4/20/2016

It shocks me how much Durant struggles against strong, but small defenders. CP3 gave him hell in the playoffs few seasons ago and now Matthews...

I hope Dallas somehow manages to win the series. Send Durant packinnnn. Durant's growth has been stunted by Westbrook.

p:margin = 1 and playoffs = 1 and o:team = po:team and 2007 <= season
SU:8-15 (-2.17, 34.8%)

<tbody>
</tbody>
teams like ATL and OKC fall in this spot. i like both of them for different reasons. with foster+brothers + the 1 pt margin loss for BOS i'm glad to take 6.5 pts in what should be a coin flip today

@nbafan, brothers seems to have changed his way of officiating this year since home teams win by 4.4 pts. or perhaps the sample is too small and he officiated strong home teams

Toronto a one point favorite @ Indy for game 3. Without looking at any stats or trends, I kinda like Indy. This is a game I think Paul George will carry his team to victory.

Pacers +210 for the series. They've taken HCA and have the best player on the floor in PG. I'm tempted to buy it. Wondering what others think about Indy? I'm just not feeling this Raptor team.

Story of my gambling life:

Sports reporter on the local channel says Mavs gonna win gm2.
I said this guy has spiked his koolaid. No way n heck they win.

There it is

Pacers +210 for the series. They've taken HCA and have the best player on the floor in PG. I'm tempted to buy it. Wondering what others think about Indy? I'm just not feeling this Raptor team.

As long as the raptors continue to move the ball they'll be just fine. This team is much better than last year. And the pacers can go into offensive slumps. I fully believe if that game 1 was a normal time the raptors would be 2-0.

@nbafan, brothers seems to have changed his way of officiating this year since home teams win by 4.4 pts. or perhaps the sample is too small and he officiated strong home teams

Tony Brothers will never change his ways. He loves the attention and he loves getting the crowd riled. I will never back a home favorite with him officiating.

Curry cut short his customary warm-up routine, clearly bothered by the ankle. He did his two-ball dribbling drill and took layups and shots in the lane. He ended the workout after some perimeter jump shots, and the look on his face did not hide his disappointment.

All 3 of those teams lost ATS, Boston didn't. That's the fly in the ointment of that theory for me.

Joe Schmoe has seen Boston cash without winning. They only lost by a point, why can't they take the next step & win SU (therefore cash ATS again)? will be Joe S's thinking. Lost in that particular train of thought is the fact Atlanta dominated the 1st half (by 15 pts), and Boston only came back in the shadow of Atlanta coasting on that lead.

I disagree. The game I saw was a 1st half of missing wide open shots by Boston and they will feed off the 2nd half of that game. If you looked at the box score of that game you wouldn't believe Boston lost. If I remember Atlanta shot 16 more FT's or something like that but don't take it the wrong way I'm not blaming FT's for the loss. Boston just happen to find themselfs wide open and took jump shots that just didn't go down.

I also disagree with your theory that Atlanta coasted in the 2nd half. I really don't believe teams coast in the playoffs because these teams are good enough to come back (That's why you see 40pt wins) and win and this is the playoffs were you can't afford to give a game away. I like Boston tonight took the +6.5 and also ML. I think the team steps up tonight and Bradley being out you'll see a team that will work harder with a main guy is out and will possibly win this game. As for the series if he's out now there in trouble. Usually you can get by a game without a key player but in the end it comes back to hurt you.

Good Luck BC and thanks for all your work this and every year.

p:margin = 1 and playoffs = 1 and o:team = po:team and 2007 <= season
SU:8-15 (-2.17, 34.8%)

<tbody>
</tbody>
teams like ATL and OKC fall in this spot. i like both of them for different reasons. with foster+brothers + the 1 pt margin loss for BOS i'm glad to take 6.5 pts in what should be a coin flip today

can you please type out what the queries you post mean in english?

teams coming off a one point win in the playoffs are 8-15 SU in their next game?

tia

I disagree. The game I saw was a 1st half of missing wide open shots by Boston and they will feed off the 2nd half of that game.

There's another side to that coin: Atlanta shot 5-26 from downtown, that's a pathetic 19%. Their overall season average was 35% (which includes road games, I imagine it was even higher at home since their overall ppg was higher at home), and Boston's defensive average was 33.6%. You say Boston missed their shots, but it's not like the Hawks didn't either = the implication being that if Boston can't be that bad (at missing their wide open shots) again, then the same surely applies to the Hawks re their downtown shooting.

I also disagree with your theory that Atlanta coasted in the 2nd half. I really don't believe teams coast in the playoffs because these teams are good enough to come back (That's why you see 40pt wins) and win and this is the playoffs were you can't afford to give a game away.

Here I take the opposite view. IMO the big blowouts in playoffs come due to the team trailing giving up. There's no point in choosing to pour energy into a game they're obviously going to lose (when it's only 1 game of many in a series), and inevitably that's why the score gets away on them: to me the teams leading big in the playoffs in games that are not elimination games betray the usual arrogance witnessed in the reg. season: coaches see it as a chance to rest stars, while NBA players imo overall are generally lazy (cue that article nba posted about MJ's thoughts while he was at the Wizards) hence it's routine to see a 20 point lead eaten into before you see it turned into a 30+ point lead. Classic counter example was yesterday when by all rights Indiana should've ended up losing by 15-25 pts, but for some strange reason kept fighting when it was obvious they were losers (possibly they were choosing to send some sort of message with their home games to come) - Toronto never took their foot off the pedal, it was Indiana's attitude that decided whether they got blown out or kept the margin reasonable. Typically road teams up 1-0 and down by a decent amount late in game 2s simply give the game away.

Of course this is a subjective chicken & egg thing (did the home team put the foot down or did the road team give up?) sort of deal, but the one thing you can objectively look at, is did the star players on the team doing the blowing out stay in for longer than they needed to (indeed, did they stay in until the final buzzer) despite the ever-increasing margin indicating they weren't needed (because if they stayed in then naturally that's a clear pointer to the margin being bigger than it otherwise would've been). OKC didn't keep Westbrook & Durant in for any more minutes than they needed to to make sure the score was run up: cue OKC scoring only 15 pts in the 4th.

Anyway, differing opinions are what keeps the site humming along. I didn't see a lot of that Hawks game so my ability to gauge what happened overall is more readily resting on box score stats. GL tonight:cheers3:

Back