2016 NBA Offseason Discussion

Right. That's why anyone who wasn't a Laker fan didn't think they were going to magically win a title because they added 2 guys 35+ and well past their prime.

Plus Steph Iggy and KD are all close friends.

Kobe and Shaq hated one another.

I'm worried about the Center position. Need a solid inside presence to rebound and protect the rim. Bogut and Ezeli gonna be gone. That leaves Varajao who if anything should only be coming off the bench.

Did they have to get rid of Bogut ? They could have filled out the roster on the cheap and still have young talent on the end of the bench. Now who are they gonna get to play center...Jordan Hill ?

Ezeli basically will be replaced by Damien Jones but they better find a replacement for Bogut's D and rebounding if they move him. Fully believe if Bogut plays in game 7 they win that game.

Looney could help on the boards if he can come back healthy.

I know the warriors have that 7-6 guy out of UC-Irvine on the summer league roster but I can't imagine he is NBA ready.

Guy i would go after if just as a backup center would be Dewayne Dedmon. Dude didn't start playing basketball until his sophomore year in junior college.

Who is going to overpay for Ezeli is my question.

Did they have to get rid of Bogut ? They could have filled out the roster on the cheap and still have young talent on the end of the bench. Now who are they gonna get to play center...Jordan Hill ?

Ezeli basically will be replaced by Damien Jones but they better find a replacement for Bogut's D and rebounding if they move him. Fully believe if Bogut plays in game 7 they win that game.

Looney could help on the boards if he can come back healthy.

I know the warriors have that 7-6 guy out of UC-Irvine on the summer league roster but I can't imagine he is NBA ready.

Guy i would go after if just as a backup center would be Dewayne Dedmon. Dude didn't start playing basketball until his sophomore year in junior college.

Who is going to overpay for Ezeli is my question.
No yet. But reports are a deal is all but done for Bogut to go to Dallas. I was looking at who they have for Center who could possibly come back and I'm seeing Javale McGee, not sure if he comes over. Can't wait to see who they get in return.

Available free agents are: ZaZa Pachulia, Nene, Roy Hibbert. Your boy Boban is a free agent also. Not sure he can play big minutes though. Might need to give Jermaine O'neal a call. Whoever plays the 5 for them, they might have to just do center by committee. And that wouldn't be too bad as its gotta be people who don't command shots. Kaman, Amare, and the dude from rockets available too Montiejunas.

I would sign montejunas if possible. He can play, not sure he was given a chance in Houston

Cog are you happy?
Yeah I'm happy. You must not have read the last few pages. If you have a chance to grab a top 5 player in the league, and add him to another top 5 player in the league, you do it. In the end, we're going to lose Barnes, Bogut, and Ezeli. Well Durant believe it or not will only be making $2.5 million more than Barnes. That's crazy. We lose Bogut too, but he's injury prone as we saw at the end of the series and he's only going to get older. Ezeli though I would like to keep but somebody will overpay for him so he's gone.

The core of the team is there: Curry, Klay, Durant, and Draymond. That's a monster team. Livingston for sure will be there also. Most likely Iggy, which is good. He'll be on an expiring contract and that's just in time for him getting up there in age. Just need a serviceable big guy. A few of them. I'd keep Varajao and let him play off the bench.

The bench guys like Speights and Barbosa might be gone too but guys like that you can find.

Kerr is going to have to keep these guys fresh throughout the season. No matter if they're trying to set another record. I don't think they'll come close though. I can see Kerr being like Pop and giving guys a bunch of games off throughout the season.

In my opinion, the five best guys in the league are Lebron, Curry, Kawhi, Durant, and Westbrook. In whatever order. We now have two of them on the same team. I don't see how anybody can not like that.

Post 282 this morning I was praying for Durant to pick the Warriors and luckily it happened lol.

I want to see how the whole team looks like when it's done. They got a couple rookies too that they drafted so we'll see if they make the team or practice squad or whatever.

http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Warriors-set-to-deal-Andrew-Bogut-to-Dallas-8340161.php
After all the moving and shaking, the Warriors will have the league’s best top-six rotation with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala, Durant, Draymond Green and Shaun Livingston. The Warriors decided to pick up the final $2.8 million of Livingston’s $5.8 million 2016-17 salary.
The rest of the Warriors’ roster includes 2015 first-round pick Kevon Looney and this year’s draft selections Damian Jonesand Patrick McCaw, leaving the Warriors with only the $2.9 mid-level exception and minimum contracts to fill out the final five or six spots.
The Warriors believe that Curry and Durant, two of the NBA’s top player magnets, will persuade some experienced players to sign for minimum contracts in exchange for the opportunity to chase a championship.

Brandon Jennings to the Knicks for 1 year. Good pick up in case Rose gets hurt. That's a good move by Phil Jackson.

And did his stock really drop that far? Only $5 million. That means Dellavadova is making double him. Wow.

I would sign montejunas if possible. He can play, not sure he was given a chance in Houston

Not what they need. He doesn't rebound very well for a 7 footer and doesn't guard the rim though he has a nice offensive game.

Are they going to try and keep Ezeli ? Golden State probably pays any luxury tax they want with what this team will do. All they need is 15-20 minutes of interior D and rebounding...basically dude just has to play vs San Antonio, LAC, OKC, and in the rematch vs the Cavs. But they need somebody or LeBron and TT are going to own them again in the paint in the Finals.

Based on that article Cog posted only the $2.9 million exemption and vet minimums leaves me thinking maybe Jermaine O'neal is coming back lol. Think Dedmon worth offering since Orlando picked up Ibaka and Biyombo he is expendable to them.

I saw earlier today on 5dimes Golden State to win the Title was -175 LMAO and season win total of 69.5....that is just insane.

Not what they need. He doesn't rebound very well for a 7 footer and doesn't guard the rim though he has a nice offensive game.

Are they going to try and keep Ezeli ? Golden State probably pays any luxury tax they want with what this team will do. All they need is 15-20 minutes of interior D and rebounding...basically dude just has to play vs San Antonio, LAC, OKC, and in the rematch vs the Cavs. But they need somebody or LeBron and TT are going to own them again in the paint in the Finals.

I saw earlier today on 5dimes Golden State to win the Title was -175 LMAO and season win total of 69.5....that is just insane.

Birdman is available, so is Henry sims who wasn't bad when he was in philly.

Interesting point. But the NFL peaked a couple of years ago. Less and less kids playing the sport. It's a tough "future" buy 20 years out. As more studies come out the sport will essentially become banned through lawsuits.

And it needs extreme popularity to survive. 100s of players and staff on each team and only 8 home games.

Ehhh, I was talking nba?

[h=3]THE BIG ONE[/h][FONT=&quot]KEVIN DURANT: 2 years, $54.5 million with Warriors[/FONT]
[h=3]ALL OTHERS (IN ORDER)[/h][FONT=&quot]BRADLEY BEAL: 5 years, $128 million with Wizards
TIMOFEY MOZGOV: 4 years, $64 million with Lakers
DEMAR DEROZAN: 5 years, $145 million with Raptors
ANDRE DRUMMOND: 5 years, $130 million with Pistons
NICOLAS BATUM: 5 years, $120 million with Hornets
JORDAN CLARKSON: 4 years, $50 million with Lakers
HASSAN WHITESIDE: 4-years, $98 million with Heat
ISH SMITH: 3-year contract with Pistons
D.J. AUGUSTIN: 4-years, $29 million with Magic
JEREMY LIN: 3 years, $36 million with Nets
AL JEFFERSON: 3 years, $30 million with Pacers
JERRYD BAYLESS: 3 years, $27 million with 76ers
MIRZA TELETOVIC: 3 years, $30 million with Bucks
CHANDLER PARSONS: 4 years, $94 million with Grizzlies
EVAN TURNER: 4 years, $70 million with Blazers
EVAN FOURNIER: 5 years, $85 million with Magic
MATTHEW DELLAVEDOVA: 4 years, $38 million with Bucks (Cavs can match)
SOLOMON HILL: 4 years, $48 million with Pelicans
JEFF GREEN: 1 year, $15 million with Magic
DARRELL ARTHUR: 3 years, $23 million with Nuggets
DWIGHT HOWARD: 3 years, $70 million with Hawks
MIKE CONLEY: 5 years, $153 million with Grizzlies
JUSTIN HAMILTON: 2 years, $6 million with Nets
JARED DUDLEY: 3 years, $30 million with Suns
E'TWAUN MOORE: 4 years, $34 million with Pelicans
JOAKIM NOAH: 4 years, $72 million with Knicks
KENT BAZEMORE: 4 years, $70 million with Hawks
JOE JOHNSON: 2 years, $22 million with Jazz
LUOL DENG: 4 years, $72 million with Lakers
JON LEUER: 4 years, $42 million with Pistons
ARRON AFFLALO: 2 years, $25 million with Kings
BISMACK BIYOMBO: 4 years, $72 million with Magic
TREVOR BOOKER: 2 years, $18.5 million with Nets
RYAN ANDERSON: 4 years, $80 million with Rockets
MARVIN WILLIAMS: 4 years, $54.5 million with Hornets
ANTHONY TOLLIVER: 2 years, $16 million with Kings
AL HORFORD: 4 years, $113 million with the Celtics
COURTNEY LEE: 4 years, $50 million with the Knicks
IAN MAHINMI: 4 years, $64 million with the Wizards
AUSTIN RIVERS: 3 years, $35 million with the Clippers
ERIC GORDON: 4 years, $53 million with the Rockets
WESLEY JOHNSON: 3 years, $18 million with the Clippers
JAMES ENNIS: 2 years, $6 million with Grizzlies
ANDREW NICHOLSON: 4 years, $26 million with Wizards
TYLER JOHNSON: 4 years, $50 million with Nets (Heat can match)
COLE ALDRICH: 3 years, $22 million with Timberwolves
GARRETT TEMPLE: 3 years, $24 million with Kings
TOMAS SATORANSKY: 3 years, $9 million with Wizards
JAMAL CRAWFORD: 3 years, $42 million with Clippers
RAJON RONDO: 2 years, $28 million with Bulls
MALCOLM DELANEY: 2 years with Hawks
MATT BARNES: 2 years, $12 million with Kings
DWIGHT POWELL: 4 years, $37 million with Mavericks
DERON WILLIAMS: 1 year, $10 million with Mavericks
TARIK BLACK: 2 years, $12.5 million with Lakers
RAMON SESSIONS: 2 years, $12.5 million with Hornets
SHAUN LIVINGSTON: 1 year, $5.8 million option picked up by Warriors
SERGIO RODRIGUEZ: 1 year, $8 million with 76ers
HARRISON BARNES: 4 years, $94 million with Mavericks
PAU GASOL: 2 years, $30+ million with Spurs
BRANDON JENNINGS: 1 year, $5 million with Knicks
LUC RICHARD MBAH A MOUTE: 2 years, $4.5 million with Clippers
[/FONT]

[h=3]TRADES[/h][FONT=&quot]TREY BURKE: Traded to Wizards for future second-round pick
ANDREW BOGUT: Traded to Mavericks into cap space
[/FONT]

Kevin Durant@KDTray5 <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 4h4 hours ago</small>
Kevin Durant Retweeted Stephen A Smith
Get your head out of your ass. It's a business decision. Just like your buddy Skip is leaving you for Fox.

Kevin Durant added,
Stephen A Smith @stephenasmithDon't give a damn what anyone says: weak move by KD. You go to GSW, the team who beat you, when you're already on a title contender? Please!

5,292 retweets4,944 likes
<b class="QuoteTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target" style="display: inline-block;"><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative;">
</button></b>

The kid from Vandy they drafted will be good and fit right in.

??

Ezeli part 2...if that's all they wanted. He sure looks like a player but his production never matched and I'd say he didn't progress this past season...would have been better off long term drafting Deyonta Davis.

<button type="button" class="user-dropdown dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-link js-tooltip btn plain-btn" title="More user actions" style="color: rgb(102, 117, 127); font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; font-weight: bold; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid transparent; padding: 4px 0px 0px 5px; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; position: relative; height: 35px;">User Actions</button>
<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; font-weight: bold; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)); background-color: rgb(245, 248, 250); border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"> Follow </button>

Shams CharaniaVerified account@ShamsCharania
Vertical Sources: Free agent center Zaza Pachulia has agreed to a one-year, $2.9M deal to sign with the Golden State Warriors.

I just find it funny that they're still going after each other. Remember Steven A challenged him basically to a fight, lol.

<button type="button" class="user-dropdown dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-link js-tooltip btn plain-btn" title="More user actions" style="color: rgb(102, 117, 127); font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; font-weight: bold; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid transparent; padding: 4px 0px 0px 5px; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; position: relative; height: 35px;">User Actions</button>
<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; font-weight: bold; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)); background-color: rgb(245, 248, 250); border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"> Follow </button>

Vertical Sources: Free agent center Zaza Pachulia has agreed to a one-year, $2.9M deal to sign with the Golden State Warriors.
I like that. Hope it's true.

Wow that's a steal
zaza is tough, can rebound, play physical.

Yep. Averaged 8.6 points and 9.4 rebounds. For the price it is a steal. He's durable too, played 76 games last year.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I love the Internet. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KevinDurant?src=hash">#KevinDurant</a> <a href="https://t.co/vGuQIZvTPq">pic.twitter.com/vGuQIZvTPq</a></p>&mdash; Obsev Sports (@ObsevSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/ObsevSports/status/750082830319837185">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" id="undefined" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 100%; height: 100%; padding: 0px; border: none; top: 0px; bottom: 0px;"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LMFAO that is awesome. Russ' face is priceless.<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Dubs gonna have the best offense we've ever seen.

KD don't give 2 fucks about Stephen A and the rest of the Disney clowns.

As long as he doesn't stand on a podium and promise 8+ 'ships I can live with it.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/tangelaekhoff">@tangelaekhoff</a> Sorry my <a href="https://twitter.com/warriors">@warriors</a> broke up <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KevinDurant?src=hash">#KevinDurant</a> &amp; RW <a href="https://twitter.com/okcthunder">@okcthunder</a> <a href="https://t.co/r5Mj3EyU1w">https://t.co/r5Mj3EyU1w</a></p>&mdash; Cynthia L. Frybarger (@CynthiaLFrybarg) <a href="https://twitter.com/CynthiaLFrybarg/status/750021337448521728">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Had it been any other team like Boston or whatever, dudes wouldn't be going in for the kill on Durant.

Because it's the Dubs peeps consider it a bitch move.

KD basically guaranteed money and a 'ship, why not.

Of course the only team in the league to be able to sign someone for pennies in this market would be the Warriors.

And as a Cards fan I love how it's changed the game mind you

Just a different animal

I actually like the moves we've made this off season. Still lots of work to do but we need to stengthen our defense and seems we are filling the needs of players who can '3&D'. hill and Moore should fit within Gentrys offensive scheme and Ermans defensive philosophy.

Now if we can find a way to unload Tyreke and Asik...

the Asik shit is so terrible.....I know we weren't the only ones who wanted him. wtf happened?

is hill really that good? i know i cannot look at the money for 'worth' in what is going on now.....

we have 5 Kentucky guards here, disaster is imminent

I'll say that the Suns somehow could make out on the Nash trade, so there's that

Had it been any other team like Boston or whatever, dudes wouldn't be going in for the kill on Durant.

Because it's the Dubs peeps consider it a bitch move.

KD basically guaranteed money and a 'ship, why not.

I don't know man. This is not a good look for KD imo. You were so close to beating them this year so why not come back and give it another shot? It would be like Jordan leaving the bulls for the pistons because they couldn't get past them for a few years in the playoffs. You don't jump ship imo.

Last edited:
KD has Dubs on ropes, can't finish them off up 3-1...goes and joins them 30 days later lolz.

Egg nailed it, ruining the NBA. All ring-chasers that instead of wanting to beat them, they join them. Bron included (difference with him is he already actually went and won them...in MIA and CLE both).

All I know is he better go there and win all kinds of titles with eye-popping numbers...there aren't enough basketballs to go around in the whole city of Oakland now.
Dubs win a title, set an NBA record with 73 wins, goto Finals AGAIN, lose one championship series, and dismantle a roster like that. Absolutely mind-blowing. Sure hope everything they did well -- the ball movement, sharing, chemistry, role players dirty work, etc. doesn't come to a crashing halt because of this. That'd be a shame.

Nonetheless, congrats #DubNation and the NBA...I guess.

:shake2: 100% agreed.

Well yeah, that's because you're a Lakers fan. People looking at it objectively thought it would turn out exactly how it did.

Not really Lar.....to be fair, they did make the finals. I thought they were gonna win. I am no fan. I get your point, cuz comparing this to KD is apples and knives lol...Still, I think many non Laker fans expected a 'Ship.....I hate LA and I was pulling for them so Malone and Gary could get a ring..

Hell, what was the line on the Ship series? Couldn't have been high either way, right?

No yet. But reports are a deal is all but done for Bogut to go to Dallas. I was looking at who they have for Center who could possibly come back and I'm seeing Javale McGee, not sure if he comes over. Can't wait to see who they get in return.

Available free agents are: ZaZa Pachulia, Nene, Roy Hibbert. Your boy Boban is a free agent also. Not sure he can play big minutes though. Might need to give Jermaine O'neal a call. Whoever plays the 5 for them, they might have to just do center by committee. And that wouldn't be too bad as its gotta be people who don't command shots. Kaman, Amare, and the dude from rockets available too Montiejunas.

is hibbert that bad now? why not him? too much money?

Who is playing center? It definitely matters.

Agree with this a bunch, and like AZ kid said (i think) if Bogut is playing I think they win( Dray BS suspension be damned )

you saw what bigs can do (OKC) to a team like GS......yea the NBA has changed, but teams that play smart with size can still do damage

point being, your point is well taken

Back