2016 NBA Offseason Discussion

Brandon Jennings to the Knicks for 1 year. Good pick up in case Rose gets hurt. That's a good move by Phil Jackson.

And did his stock really drop that far? Only $5 million. That means Dellavadova is making double him. Wow.

wow.....what happened to that guy

Fantasy football ruined the sport

The aftermath is just for armchair QBs to dissect

you think fantasy football did?

i think Goodell has done a pretty good job of ruining it......but also all these terrible rules that have made it flag football have hurt big time.......if you think fantasy did that, then i agree with part of what you say.

I can't really get mad at KD....not sure why. Media driven 'good guy' maybe helps? Dunno.......

will be fun to watch

was there a line on where he would go? ( i am sure there was, shit @BarstoolBigCat was lined for hotdogs today at 11.....he ate 12 btw. how in the FUCK can they get that line so right? amazing )

Lowe wrote the only good reason in my eyes, why it's a good move for the Dubs:
In the end, that is the best reason for choosing Durant over Barnes, Ezeli andAndrew Bogut: He is a hedge against an ill-timed injury to Curry, Thompson or Green in a way no seventh or eighth guy ever could be. The cruel irony is that the post-James Harden Thunder know better than anyone the importance of a hedge against superstar injuries. The Warriors can engineer depth when things really count by keeping two of their four stars on the floor at all times.

Best rumor I've heard so far...Russ to the Spurs, either via a trade this year, or just next year when he's a FA.

Please, please, please let this happen. Not sure if it's even something SA would entertain, but it makes perfect sense for them, and if ever there was a coach who could get Russ "in check" (for those who think he needs to be put in check, in a way), it's Pop.

That would be a pretty nice team. Russ, Kawhi, and Aldridge are a nice big 3 if it could happen.

[h=1]SAN ANTONIO SPURS TEAM SALARIES. 2016-17 SEASON[/h][TABLE="class: tblsal responsive, width: 620"]
<thead style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-weight: bold; background-color: rgb(26, 93, 140);">[TR="class: tdhead"]
[TH="class: tdl, bgcolor: #1078B9, align: right"]PLAYER[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #1078B9, align: right"]2016-17[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #1078B9, align: right"]2017-18[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #1078B9, align: right"]2018-19[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #1078B9, align: right"]2019-20[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #1078B9, align: right"]2020-21[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #1078B9, align: right"]2021-22[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]LaMarcus Aldridge[/TH]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$20,575,005[/TD]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$21,461,010[/TD]
[TD="class: tds3, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$22,347,015[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: tra"]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]Kawhi Leonard[/TH]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$17,638,063[/TD]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$18,868,626[/TD]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$20,099,189[/TD]
[TD="class: tds3, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$21,329,752[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]Pau Gasol[/TH]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$15,000,000[/TD]
[TD="class: tds3, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$15,000,000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]Tony Parker[/TH]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$14,445,313[/TD]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$15,453,126[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]Danny Green[/TH]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$10,000,000[/TD]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$10,000,000[/TD]
[TD="class: tds3, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$10,000,000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]Boris Diaw[/TH]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$7,000,000[/TD]
[TD="class: tds2, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$7,500,000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]Tim Duncan[/TH]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$5,643,750[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]Patrick Mills[/TH]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$3,578,948[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]Boban Marjanovic[/TH]
[TD="class: tds6, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$1,500,000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]Kyle Anderson[/TH]
[TD="class: tds1, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$1,192,080[/TD]
[TD="class: tds5, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$2,151,704[/TD]
[TD="class: tds6, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$3,227,557[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]Jonathon Simmons[/TH]
[TD="class: tds2, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$874,636[/TD]
[TD="class: tds6, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$1,214,746[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]Ryan Arcidiacono[/TH]
[TD="class: tds2, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$525,093[/TD]
[TD="class: tds2, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$874,636[/TD]
[TD="class: tds6, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: right"]$1,214,746[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody><tfoot style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-weight: bold; background-color: rgb(26, 93, 140);">[TR="class: tdheadp"]
[TH="class: tdl, align: right"]TOTALS[/TH]
[TD="align: right"]$97,972,888[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$92,523,848[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$56,888,507[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$21,329,752[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$0[/TD]
[/TR]
</tfoot>[/TABLE]
<footer style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Open Sans&quot;, Arial, Helvetica, Garuda, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13.75px;"></footer><figure class="leyenda" style="display: table; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px; margin: 10px 0px; width: 620px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Open Sans&quot;, Arial, Helvetica, Garuda, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13.75px;">
Guaranteed
Non guaranteed
Player option
Early termination option

Team option
Qualifying offer
Retired
Amnestied
</figure>

That would be a pretty nice team. Russ, Kawhi, and Aldridge are a nice big 3 if it could happen.

Yep, for sure. If the salary cap info is accurate, they certainly may have enough room to sign him after this upcoming season as the cap is going to go up again, and it's supposed to go up close to $20MM more isn't it?

There would be a few moves they'd have to make, but you'd have to assume they would do whatever they needed to do in order to make it work. I don't see Ginobli on that list, and I think he just re-signed for one more year...but that wouldn't have an effect on 2017-18, when they would seemingly be going after Russ. This is all hypothetical, and was just a rumor in the first place, but it's pretty interesting and does make a lot of sense for SA.

Yep, for sure. If the salary cap info is accurate, they certainly may have enough room to sign him after this upcoming season as the cap is going to go up again, and it's supposed to go up close to $20MM more isn't it?

There would be a few moves they'd have to make, but you'd have to assume they would do whatever they needed to do in order to make it work. I don't see Ginobli on that list, and I think he just re-signed for one more year...but that wouldn't have an effect on 2017-18, when they would seemingly be going after Russ. This is all hypothetical, and was just a rumor in the first place, but it's pretty interesting and does make a lot of sense for SA.
For the 2016–17 season, the salary cap will be set at $94.14 million and the luxury tax limit will be $113.29 million.[SUP][2][/SUP] For the 2017–18 season, the latest projection is $107 million for the salary cap and $127 million for the luxury tax limit.[SUP][3][/SUP]

For the 2016–17 season, the salary cap will be set at $94.14 million and the luxury tax limit will be $113.29 million.[SUP][2][/SUP] For the 2017–18 season, the latest projection is $107 million for the salary cap and $127 million for the luxury tax limit.[SUP][3][/SUP]

Thanks.

So it's not quite $20MM, but it's going up over $15MM for the luxury tax limit, which is pretty substantial.

Not having a hard cap is just stupid though. Why bother having a cap if you're not going to have a hard cap? I know, teams pay a luxury tax when they go over, but that limit is higher than the cap, and lots of teams see it being worth it to pay a luxury tax if you're going to potentially win a title.

you think fantasy football did?

i think Goodell has done a pretty good job of ruining it......but also all these terrible rules that have made it flag football have hurt big time.......if you think fantasy did that, then i agree with part of what you say.

Yes, fantasy football led directly to everything else we want to talk about that's changed the game (negatively). Once the NFL realized that fantasy football was such a huge hit with casual fans, diehard fans, and anyone in between, they've done everything they've done with fantasy football in mind. All of the rule changes were to increase scoring, and there's only one reason to really want to do that...to increase/maintain the fantasy football contingent.

guys durant announced yesterday. its way too early to be discussing realistic championship options for Russell to go to. Let us laker and knicks fans have our fun pls.

its going to be really interesting to see how presti is gonna handle this. he had to play things out with durant since they were trying to win a ship. that problem doesn't exist with Russ anymore BUT there's no way he gets a fair deal if Russ doesn't commit to extending with the new team.

<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" data-tweet-id="750096236452024320" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></twitterwidget><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Oladipo got traded from the Magic to the Magic&quot; is the funniest tweet I've seen today</p>&mdash; Henny Dee Williams (@Scott_CEOofSUH) <a href="https://twitter.com/Scott_CEOofSUH/status/750096236452024320">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lmaooo<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" data-tweet-id="750096236452024320" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></twitterwidget><iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" data-tweet-id="750096236452024320" title="Twitter Tweet" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 181.171875px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lmaooo<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Huh?

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

did the embed not show up?

it says "oladipo got traded from the magic to the magic" aka the thunder are ass now

This talk of Wade signing with Cleveland seems to be gaining some traction.

did the embed not show up?

it says "oladipo got traded from the magic to the magic" aka the thunder are ass now

Oh no, I understood the tweet, it just wasn't funny.

The Thunder are still better than the Magic. They still have one of the top 5 players in the league, and Adams, who should see plenty of all star games in his future. Not to mention one of the few decent players who was on Orlando to begin with. Obviously they aren't the title threat they were with Durant, but they still aren't the Magic.

Unless it was funny because of how ridiculous it was...then I'd agree...hilarious in that regard.

:tiphat:

Oh no, I understood the tweet, it just wasn't funny.

The Thunder are still better than the Magic. They still have one of the top 5 players in the league, and Adams, who should see plenty of all star games in his future. Not to mention one of the few decent players who was on Orlando to begin with. Obviously they aren't the title threat they were with Durant, but they still aren't the Magic.

Unless it was funny because of how ridiculous it was...then I'd agree...hilarious in that regard.

:tiphat:

thank you for the feedback literal larry.

the Asik shit is so terrible.....I know we weren't the only ones who wanted him. wtf happened?

is hill really that good? i know i cannot look at the money for 'worth' in what is going on now.....

Asik spent a lot of last season injured with calf issues, he honestly looked better towards the end of the year but he still is a liability in anything that requires being up tempo. Hopefully with better perimeter D, he wont be in such bad positions.

Not sure you can call Hill a good signing since he has been inconsistent with his shot throughout his career. He fell out of the rotation at times last year. We're banking on his end of season production and ability to play D at multiple positions. Hopefully he follows in the footsteps of a Bazemore and Carroll since Danny Ferry saw something in both of them.

Wade not liking that 2 year $40 million deal. That's gotta be awkward for him and Pat Riley to have this rift between them. But I agree with Riley. I wouldn't do more than a two year deal. He's 34 and you don't want him at 37 and above making that kind of money. It's a business.

Wade not liking that 2 year $40 million deal. That's gotta be awkward for him and Pat Riley to have this rift between them. But I agree with Riley. I wouldn't do more than a two year deal. He's 34 and you don't want him at 37 and above making that kind of money. It's a business.
The heat do not owe him shit.. I am tired of hearing what he did yada yada, it's business.
i would cut him loose right now, re fucking build

Warriors just stole the ring now 99%.

Zaza is a 10 million plus talent at the C position. Extremely efficient and not afraid to brawl.

West, the same can be said.

Their weakest position is now above average w/ Jones, Zaza, and West.

Warriors just stole the ring now 99%.

Zaza is a 10 million plus talent at the C position. Extremely efficient and not afraid to brawl.

West, the same can be said.

Their weakest position is now above average w/ Jones, Zaza, and West.

The same David West that you and everyone else (me included, he was pretty much useless) dogged all playoffs long when he couldn't hit a shot or provide many quality minutes? Lol. When the narrative changes so does the quality of the player huh? The same could have been said about West maybe like 3-4 years ago....sure.

Zaza averages 6 rebounds per game in his career, and close to one block every 3 games. Sure, he's a decent center, but let's slow our roll with him being the missing piece. We know damn well GS, if they could afford it, would have gone with a handful of better options (at least). Zaza somehow averages more steals than blocks in his career.

David west is a dead man walking, can't wait to see him try n get up n down the floor with the Warriors.
but I do like zaza, saw him play a lot with Dallas last yr. he boarded like crazy there. Didn't realize his boards numbers are that weak over his career.
he def is serviceable
watch the Warriors luck out n find some young big off the street that can block shots n rebound

Ray Allen saying he might come back to either the Cavs or dubs. Fuck I hope GS doesn't pick him up, he's going to be 41. And being out for two years I want no part of him.

No-one is more desperate for a ring than David West, he's half the reason the Spurs lost their most recent playoff series.

Dude gonna look stoopid if the Dubs don't win it all next season, he'll be in the trailer park in 2018.

Warriors should trade dray green to philly for Nerlens Noel and a draft pick

Blame LeBron for the 'new' NBA.

Not too long before the 'banana boat' becomes a reality.

over 10 mill?
He got "disrespected" by his long time team that ponied up and bought him 2 titles by opening the checkbook. No more loyalty in sports.

But if you need to get paid, you need to get paid. D Wade probably broke inside of 5 years of retiring so he better save that extra cashola.

That's an interesting backcourt that the Bulls are putting out next season, is McBuckets now their best shooter?

Back