2016 NBA Offseason Discussion

I just do not get nba gm's, u do not have to spend money just cuz u have it. Wtf are the Bulls doing? Wade is done, u are not competing in the east in the next yr or two. Same with "can't shoot a jumper" rondo. I wouldn't have touched him. You can flip Lopez and Gibson during the season where a "contender" will overpay. Then your roster would have butler at 26 yrs old as your oldest player, play a bunch of young guys. Mirotic, McDermott, Valentine, snell, portis . See if they can play

thats LeBron giving a big FU to Riley tho isnt it?

Dunleavy isn't going to get minutes for Cleveland, he did that to allow them the cap to sign Wade

thats LeBron giving a big FU to Riley tho isnt it?

Dunleavy isn't going to get minutes for Cleveland, he did that to allow them the cap to sign Wade

He may not get a ton of minutes, but it's not a secret that Bron has wanted to play with Dunleavy for quite some time. He'll play enough.

over 10 mill?

The spite runs deep in that one. He gave up about 25mm total in not receiving the max deal over the last number of years. Bosh got a max to come back, Dwade recognized that the heat aren't winning a championship in the next 2-3 years and said "fuck you, pay me." Also, Riley hasn't given into any players demands at least with the
Heat, and it became a battle of wills. Riles and wade never even spoke during the negotiations

I just do not get nba gm's, u do not have to spend money just cuz u have it. Wtf are the Bulls doing? Wade is done, u are not competing in the east in the next yr or two. Same with "can't shoot a jumper" rondo. I wouldn't have touched him. You can flip Lopez and Gibson during the season where a "contender" will overpay. Then your roster would have butler at 26 yrs old as your oldest player, play a bunch of young guys. Mirotic, McDermott, Valentine, snell, portis . See if they can play

Lots of these teams, Dud have to hit the salary floor of $84.7 Million don't forget...the cap is $94.1M...with losses of guys like Rose and Gasol, I'm guessing Chicago had to spend the cash somewhere...not 100% positive though b/c I don't know the status of their other contracts on their roster right now.

Although I think there isn't any penalty for not qualifying for the floor...I suppose it's hard to sell your fans on what Philly is doing in tanking and that has to hurt revenue...not any other teams really seem to follow that unique philosophy as the Sixers do.

Although I think there isn't any penalty for not qualifying for the floor...I suppose it's hard to sell your fans on what Philly is doing in tanking and that has to hurt revenue...not any other teams really seem to follow that unique philosophy as the Sixers do.

I think I read they just have to pay the rest of the cash out evenly to the players on the team? Im only 25% sure that I read that and am not making this up lol.

It would not even be a "tank" in Chicago.. Simply, don't pay old over the hill cats.. Bulls have some talent, wait til nex year for crying out loud.

Pistons swipe Boban from the Spurs at 3 years $21 million. Spurs then sign Dewayne Dedmon for 2 years $6 million.

Boban a big fan favorite here but Dedmon at that price really a better fit.

LMFAO what a joke of a contract. Way to go, Nets. Mike Conley no longer the most overpaid player in the league...

<button type="button" class="user-dropdown dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-link js-tooltip btn plain-btn" title="More user actions" style="color: rgb(102, 117, 127); font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; font-weight: bold; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid transparent; padding: 4px 0px 0px 5px; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; position: relative; height: 35px;">User Actions</button>
<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; font-weight: bold; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)); background-color: rgb(245, 248, 250); border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"> Follow </button>

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account@WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Portland RFA Allen Crabbe has signed a four-year, $75M offer sheet with the Brooklyn Nets. Bonuses could reach $83M.

David West 21 months ago...

CmrBmV9XYAENYTM.jpg

bunch of ring chasers...team has beaten one legit team in 2 years, OKC, and who knows maybe KD threw that series to join em...Blew up their entire bench, lets see what happens. lets see...My money is on a motivated Lebron

IF you are LEbron you must feel like the greatest human athlete that has ever walked the earth. You made the greatest regular season team ever, that was 50 seconds away from winning a title blow up their team

Lots of these teams, Dud have to hit the salary floor of $84.7 Million don't forget...the cap is $94.1M...with losses of guys like Rose and Gasol, I'm guessing Chicago had to spend the cash somewhere...not 100% positive though b/c I don't know the status of their other contracts on their roster right now.

yea, they gotta spend the money

The NBA is not getting rid of the hacking. Thank goodness they didn't make a radical change. Bravo.

Jumping on another players back during a free throw to try to get an intentional foul will now be a flagrant foul

The NBA is not getting rid of the hacking. Thank goodness they didn't make a radical change. Bravo.

Jumping on another players back during a free throw to try to get an intentional foul will now be a flagrant foul

well they used their heads. No need to protect guys paid millions and can't make a freaking free throw.

The Warriors are so dumb. I just took a look at the current roster.....

Over the past two seasons the Warriors have been very very fortunate on the injury front and that is partially luck but mostly it's because of depth. They're fucked if one of the 4 starters is out an extended period of time.

Who ever laid - odds for them to win it all is foolish.

Last edited:
3 team trade rumor... Blake Griffin to BOS, Rudy Yag to LAC, Jae Crowder to SAC with other pieces involved, presumably a bunch of Boston draft picks.

I know it's summer league but what the lakers are doing is very promising.

If he can adjust to living in America Ivica Zubac could end up being the steal of this draft class. I saw him play in the U19 Championships last summer and he held his own against a very athletic team USA in both meetings.

The Warriors are so dumb. I just took a look at the current roster.....

Over the past two seasons the Warriors have been very very fortunate on the injury front and that is partially luck but mostly it's because of depth. They're fucked if one of the 4 starters is out an extended period of time.

Who ever laid - odds for them to win it all is foolish.

Sad but true. Go OKC

If he can adjust to living in America Ivica Zubac could end up being the steal of this draft class. I saw him play in the U19 Championships last summer and he held his own against a very athletic team USA in both meetings.

hes looked so so good in summer league. Size, timing, touch. 19years old. It's too good to be true. I'm fully expecting his knees to fall apart smh

I love Denzel Valentine. 15/1 for ROY is enticing

He is not going to play as much with Wade/Butler

its Ben Simmons to lose. He will fill the stat lines. I hope philly uses their head n lets him run the show. He is a point guard no doubt.

ohh and KJ, I watch the Suns a bunch in summer league, that bender kid is a bust
7 footer who stands at the 3 pt line.

Agree with Dud, not enough playing time.

Well let's hope Philly continues to tank and limits Ben Simmons to avoid injury. :)

Denzel needs to work on his jump shot but his rebounding and passing skills are excellent IMO. And I agree the Bulls roster is much deeper than last season.

Well let's hope Philly continues to tank and limits Ben Simmons to avoid injury. :)

Denzel needs to work on his jump shot but his rebounding and passing skills are excellent IMO. And I agree the Bulls roster is much deeper than last season.
Tank? For what? Philly will be a 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs

I watched most of the PHX games and Bender wasn't disappointing to me, he's just so young and lanky, needs a couple years to develop a bit and is ridiculously athletic for 7'1" but it's a project. This Suns blog piece pretty much summed up what I saw although my opinion isn't quite as high. Tyler Ulis looks like the real deal and I have no idea why Devin Booker was even there for the first couple games.

The Celtics need star power and scoring punch upfront, and they have the defensive personnel on the perimeter to mitigate Okafor’s lack of rim protection. With their vast collection of assets, the Celtics would be able to piece together an attractive package without sacrificing Jaylen Brown, their pick swap with the Nets next season, or the 2018 first-rounder Brooklyn will be sending them. There’s a lot for the Sixers to choose from: Terry Rozier, Demetrius Jackson, James Young, R.J. Hunter, Marcus Thornton, Guerschon Yabusele, Ben Bentil, Jordan Mickey, Ante Zizic, and future picks. The Celtics are as well positioned as anyone to take a gamble on Okafor without jeopardizing their present or their future.

Read online and whoever wrote this should be fired... Yeah philly take whatever of these bums u want, give us okafor..

Russel signed an extension that will keep him in Oklahoma till summer 2018 at least...

Ty Lawson remains an unsigned free agent....1 season removed from averaging 15.5 and 9.5 assists per game with Denver.

With the escalation in salaries this guy cost himself 10's of millions.

Bledsoe thinks the Suns will finish in the top 5 in the West.
:cheers3:. I have reservations

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/5wJFlLmAZZW/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Back