2016 Eastern Conference Finals Discussion: Raptors vs Cavaliers

I hope jv is healthy for st least game 6

Cavs can't play Frye if jv is healthy they would get too punished down low

It still amazes me how Delly has progressed. His defense is pretty good. I remember seeing him play for the first time and I didn't know shit about him.

The first seven minutes of the 4th were ridiculous. The cavs were playing tough defense and credit Toronto for executing in situations that they normally don't.

Great point on the post game. 82 3PA and 25 FTA attempt the last two games. They tried to "copy" the Warriors with this personnel. Cleveland needs to change things drastically and attack the rim and put the onous on the refs. Refs can't help you if you don't do your part

Tied up....
No one expected this...Toronto comes with house money , we IN this shit attitude?
Anyone goin VK style back in CLE and get that plus money ?

Since 2005, teams receiving less than 40% of spread bets have gone 28-11 ATS during the NBA Conference Finals.

sample size seems like it should be bigger

Last edited:
Lebron was happy with his individual game plan though

I agree with lebron's playing style. Very magic like. Gotta keep the role players involved. He understands the big picture. That comment was a slight jab at his coach though. Also think he was a bit winded in the 4th quarter

I agree with lebron's playing style. Very magic like. Gotta keep the role players involved. He understands the big picture. That comment was a slight jab at his coach though. Also think he was a bit winded in the 4th quarter

Agreed, he's a great facilitator and gets everyone involved. However last night, especially in the 4th quarter, he should have been taking it to the rack when he had the ball on the low block a couple of times instead of simply
looking to pass. He got everyone involved and they got all the way back and even took that 3 point lead...at that point he should have taken the game over by himself.

Lue panicked and overplayed LeCramps, screwing up the rotations.

Needed a fresher LBJ in those final 5 minutes.

Agreed, he's a great facilitator and gets everyone involved. However last night, especially in the 4th quarter, he should have been taking it to the rack when he had the ball on the low block a couple of times instead of simply
looking to pass. He got everyone involved and they got all the way back and even took that 3 point lead...at that point he should have taken the game over by himself.

He couldn't takeover, he was tired. Blame Lue.

He couldn't takeover, he was tired. Blame Lue.

That certainly may have factored into it...but he had good position a couple of times and simply had to make a post move...at the very least he would have been fouled and sent to the line.

The one possession in particular I'm thinking about happened right when nbafan made the comment about former Knicks and shots late in the game...JR Smith took that awful 3 with Biz right up in his grill...LeBron had a weak defender on him and was 3-4 feet from the rim, yet decided to pass it out to the perimeter...it may have been Delly he passed it to at the top of the arc, and then Delly quickly sent it to JR for the bad shot with the shot clock winding down.

If he is/was too tired, at the very least he needs to distribute the ball quicker and not get them caught with 5 seconds left on the shot clock, which obviously leads to more rushed shots.

Lue panicked and overplayed LeCramps, screwing up the rotations.

Needed a fresher LBJ in those final 5 minutes.

I also think Lue erred by not getting Love back in there in the last 3-4 minutes of the game. I figured his ankle wasn't good to go (and maybe it wasn't, they were a bit cryptic after the game in their comments), so Lue wanted to play it safe with him. Lue mentioned that Frye was doing a great job and he didn't want to mess with the crew on the floor, but Frye missed a couple/few shots in a row, and Love could have been getting the rebounds that Toronto ended up grabbing at least twice on the offensive glass.

That certainly may have factored into it...but he had good position a couple of times and simply had to make a post move...at the very least he would have been fouled and sent to the line.

The one possession in particular I'm thinking about happened right when nbafan made the comment about former Knicks and shots late in the game...JR Smith took that awful 3 with Biz right up in his grill...LeBron had a weak defender on him and was 3-4 feet from the rim, yet decided to pass it out to the perimeter...it may have been Delly he passed it to at the top of the arc, and then Delly quickly sent it to JR for the bad shot with the shot clock winding down.

If he is/was too tired, at the very least he needs to distribute the ball quicker and not get them caught with 5 seconds left on the shot clock, which obviously leads to more rushed shots.

LeBron is rarely clutch in those situations, even worse when fatigued.

It's an errant pass, dribble off the leg, passing up of an open shot or a loosely shot brick.

The first few minutes of the 2nd quarter killed the Cavs, minutes LBJ should never have played.

I also think Lue erred by not getting Love back in there in the last 3-4 minutes of the game. I figured his ankle wasn't good to go (and maybe it wasn't, they were a bit cryptic after the game in their comments), so Lue wanted to play it safe with him. Lue mentioned that Frye was doing a great job and he didn't want to mess with the crew on the floor, but Frye missed a couple/few shots in a row, and Love could have been getting the rebounds that Toronto ended up grabbing at least twice on the offensive glass.

Lue panicked plain and simple, got lost with his rotations, played guys with guys they aren't used to playing with and when the moment came to wrestle the game away from the Raps he'd overplayed his closer and ended up losing.

And yes he was too scared to play Love, lack of confidence maybe but not hard to do when said dude shot 4-14, cannot defend and got blocked on every drive to the cup.

Lue panicked plain and simple, got lost with his rotations, played guys with guys they aren't used to playing with and when the moment came to wrestle the game away from the Raps he'd overplayed his closer and ended up losing.

And yes he was too scared to play Love, lack of confidence maybe but not hard to do when said dude shot 4-14, cannot defend and got blocked on every drive to the cup.

He was bad in the first half for sure, mentioned it last night too...but he was playing really well in the 2nd half with some great passing and hitting 2 or 3 shots in a row. He's also a damn good rebounder, and that's what they missed in the last few possessions when Tor got 2 or 3 offensive rebounds and then scored.

When you use a guy like Frye, who was shooting lights out, you have to know when to get him out, and Lue didn't. Once he missed 2 shots in a row, feel free to put Love back in and shore up the boards, if nothing else. Love is also just part of the core group who has been so good at moving the ball and getting open shots/lay ups. You also take a little more pressure off of LeBron with another option like Love on the floor.

My god the hate for Kevin love is hilarious

Lol, yeah. I don't get it at all. And if you even suggest that the hate is pretty foolish (most of the time), then you're automatically a Love supporter or dick rider.

A few days ago it was the cavs have not lost a playoff ga,e that Kevin love plays
now they lose and its "Kevin love sucks"

A few days ago it was the cavs have not lost a playoff ga,e that Kevin love plays
now they lose and its "Kevin love sucks"

Yep.

He has definitely played much worse in the last 2 games than he has all postseason, but so has the entire roster. Nowadays though, everyone has to have one person, or one play to blame for losses. It's just how it goes these days whenever anyone is discussing sports.

Want to talk about no respect...

The Cavs series price is now higher after B2B losses than it was before the series started.

There is no way in hell the Cavs drop this series via them sorting their collective shit out or via the league and Stern's ghost and/or both.

One thing I do know... Someone will yell "fix" by the second qu tonight on here

What has a better shot at hitting tonight?
Lowery Over 21.5 +105 or
DeRozen Over 23.5 -110?
Just looking to play some props tonight

Lowry I'd think but I don't like either. Think I expect a shitfest but I'm now down so much in this playoffs...both will hit.

Back