2016 Eastern Conference Finals Discussion: Raptors vs Cavaliers

Sunday is their money day. Exactly. Saturday is a terrible TV day. Same reason why the NFL won't move the superbowl. Also... The distance from Cleveland to Toronto is less than 300 miles. Oakland to okc is over 1600 miles.

unforunate for the Warriors. Sunday in okc..... Maybe that has something to do with it? Okc Sunday. Warriors Tuesday.

That has ZERO effect on scheduling.

gsw/port, played 5/3 then 5/7
tor/heat, played 5/3, then 5/6

They just want the more attractive game for TV ratings on Sunday.

Can see this game going one of 2 typical ways.

(1) Cavs go out fast & do so easily, which inspires inevitable complacency = backdoor opens late for the Craptors.
Cavs cover the 1st half/Craptors cover 2nd h & go close to covering FG.

(2) Cavs fuck around for 24-30 mins, then pull out the knives and a quick slaughter ensues.
Craptors cover 1st h/Cavs cover 2nd h & prob. FG.

Heard it said in the previous round that by playing Game 6 against Miami, Toronto had broken their previous record of most playoff games played in a single post season (12). So all the inexperience angles are against one franchise here, on top of their poor road record these playoffs (2-5 SU: average losing margin of 12.0 ppg in their 4 losses prior to Game 1 vs. CLE). After leading at h/t in 3 of their first 4 road games these playoffs, they have failed to come within less than 9 pts of their opponents by h/t in their last 3 road games. The deeper they get into these playoffs, the more they're seemingly in over their heads.

That has ZERO effect on scheduling.

gsw/port, played 5/3 then 5/7
tor/heat, played 5/3, then 5/6

They just want the more attractive game for TV ratings on Sunday.

IMO its naive to think the NBA isn't aware of how well the Thunder play in Sunday home games... so conspiracy theorists can use that to feed their egos. I'll be on them on Sunday. Warriors the rest of the series after that

Added: a wee statistical quirk for the Craptors road games:

No 1st period winner has failed to win the 2nd period

Here are the margins for the team who won each period (Craptors' wins bolded):

7-10
12-3
2-2
4-5

4-5
1-8
5-17

How much are the Cavs gonna be favored in Toronto? -6?

-7 probably.

Kevin love is playing like an all star finally. Truly exceptional play on both ends

val would have made the games a little closer but I don't think it would matter that much. The raps didn't really utilize him as much as they should regardless

You can the Craps just want the game to be over. Not looking to close the gap, just let the clock wind. Won't take the Raps in any fashion again. Hopefully Cleveland doesn't let up and blow the over.

These outcomes are never in doubt. Only thing this series needs is Sweet Georgia Brown playing in the background and Lebron clowning the crowd with a bucket of confetti.

These outcomes are never in doubt. Only thing this series needs is Sweet Georgia Brown playing in the background and Lebron clowning the crowd with a bucket of confetti.

Can't wait till they have to play a real team

I think people like the other two teams more, so LeBron can get his villain role on.....they certainly are rolling

The cavs are going to be in for a rude awakening in the finals. Might take a game or so for them to even know what hit them.

Cavs own OKC, Bron owns KD, Golden State's limping. Lebron's playing with something to prove, with help. I like their chances.

They're embarrassing a 56-win team from a much deeper conference than the west. Lowry had to leave the game last night to privately weep.

What rude awakening? I think the CAVS know their opponent will be a lot better than anyone they have played ..

Lebron will be very rested and ready to go 45 each game. Advantage Cavs to me

People seem to forget a Cavs team not playing particularly well took the Warriors 6 last season without Kyrie and Love. That's like playing the Warriors minus Thompson and Green.

It took two full seasons and a gimpy playoff run in between, but the Cavs we anticipated in the summer of 2014 have meshed and arrived. West shmest.

The "playoff undefeated Love" stat is no joke. Sure, he's riding along with Superman, but Love's contributed to and played well in pretty much all 14 of those wins. Dude can play.

Very little discussion on Cavs game days. Deep thinkers of the CTG NBA forum are sick of suggesting match-ups and sites that will give them a problem. Nothing to discuss, really.

I watched River Monsters on Thursday night and didn't see one second of the game. It's oh so interesting.

This will be the easiest cover of the series for the Cavs, game three.

Teed's key to the series and only Cav he's worried about, Delly, is questionable tonight.

With the series in hand, I think Lue should draw up some new plays for the Cavs to practice tonight in half court possessions.

The "playoff undefeated Love" stat is no joke. Sure, he's riding along with Superman, but Love's contributed to and played well in pretty much all 14 of those wins. Dude can play.
It's the Tyronn Lue factor lol. He hasn't lost either.

Man I'm just going to put in a Cavs bet then see if it cashes later. This series is so boring if you're not a Cavs or Raps fan. Fuck watching this game.

I am going to be betting TORONTO 1H ... Possible big bet.

This is what I like to call a "balls bet". Similar to ATL 1H gm 3 last series vs. Cavs. Throw out talent level for these first 24mins. If TOR has any balls, they will come out juiced up in this one especially behind a very good group of home court fans.

Then I'll hope to bring Cavs 2H at a discounted rate.

Good luck folks!

I'm pretty big on CLE 1h, Toronto would only be a 1Q bet if you were holding me at gun point and made me bet it

When's this game, 8:30 again? Story of the series if you ask me, Toronto hates playing at 8:30 every other day, I believe Tuck has some numbers.

That minute right there is why Lebron is so hated. He knows he's hit by his own player and he's flopping like he got punched by Carrol.

Embarassing

Back