2015 nba offseason

Wait what did the sixers do besides stink? NBAPA pissed they won't sign jeremy lin or some shit for 12 mill per year....Fuck outta here. The people should be pissed are the fans getting shitty products for full price but I don't know many who are pissed....

It's part of the bigger picture AK!

i feel like the sixers organization just said fuck it.... The next 5-7 seasons are lebrons.... No point competing. Let's regroup once his game starts declining.

i feel like the sixers organization just said fuck it.... The next 5-7 seasons are lebrons.... No point competing. Let's regroup once his game starts declining.
Thing is, the team they had a few years ago would have easily been top 4 in the East (Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, Nick Young, Thad Young, Jrue Holliday). Really have no clue what the thought process was behind blowing it up.

2 things.....
1. Hawes, holliday, young, young, turner is like 30 wins with no defense that would be horrendous. If that's what you think is fun to root for then we like different things in/about the nba.

2. 4th in the east can't win the championship. The nba is a star driven league (obviously)....if you don't have a top 10 player paired with another 15-20 guy or 2 then you can't win and if you aren't trying to win what are you doing?

Is it fun being a Raptors fan? A Nets fan? The 4 through 8 seed for a few years with no chance to ever really win?

Did the sixers do it the right way? I don't know, but it's better then .500 forever with no real shot to win.

Get the young core together hope a superstar will join them and you got a shot hopefully.

Not sure why the NBAPA would need to investigate that.

The Kings would be stupid to trade Cousins. He could be the anchor of that team if he stays. To try and draw others over but if he's gone, who would want to come there. Last weekend I just drove by the new arena they're building and it's right in downtown. You would think management would want to have some kind of star player to draw crowds. After him, who comes next, Rudy Yag? WTF.

Maybe they believe that Okafor/ Towns will be that player.

Cousins is not an easy player to coach. I really can't believe that a team can win NBA title with Cousins being their best player. But he is amazing player that I really want to see in Lakers uniform. If they got Cousins, it will be so much easier for them to convince other superstars to sign with them - especially if they get also pick number 6 (and that appears to be the case).
Even without Randle, Cousins, Clarkson, who ever they draft - decent core to build on...

Maybe they believe that Okafor/ Towns will be that player.

Cousins is not an easy player to coach. I really can't believe that a team can win NBA title with Cousins being their best player. But he is amazing player that I really want to see in Lakers uniform. If they got Cousins, it will be so much easier for them to convince other superstars to sign with them - especially if they get also pick number 6 (and that appears to be the case).
Even without Randle, Cousins, Clarkson, who ever they draft - decent core to build on...

What core would the lakers have left?

It's a lot to give up for Cousins, but I agree that it will attract other big name players ands that's really the key. Plus , the Lakers are really not a franchise that rebuilds , so this would speed up the process to a degree.

Cousins has matured A LOT from what I have seen. I don't know how you could trade him to another team in your own state. That would be a joke.

What core would the lakers have left?

It's a lot to give up for Cousins, but I agree that it will attract other big name players ands that's really the key. Plus , the Lakers are really not a franchise that rebuilds , so this would speed up the process to a degree.

Kobe, if he is healthy, will ease the process and next summer, they will have Cousins + two spots for two max players (or close to two spots)

Yeah nba that's what they said. Moronic statement

cousins is the most talented C in the association and #2 overall behind Marc but christ trading for him would be the worst.

it's finally fun to be a laker fan again. randle clarkson okafor and the other two picks are going to be a fun young core to watch grow. with plenty of cap room available to snatch a couple studs via free agency.

they better not fucking ruin this with a retarded trade.

If embiid is healthy and they draft a guy that can play the sixers might be fun to watch even next season. I think saric is coming over from Europe this season. But if embiid can't play who knows what to make of the team.

If embiid is healthy and they draft a guy that can play the sixers might be fun to watch even next season. I think saric is coming over from Europe this season. But if embiid can't play who knows what to make of the team.

Saric definitely not coming this year.....Sixers can only pay like 600k of buyout and Saric would have to pay the rest....he only has 1 year left on his deal in Turkey so that plus the difference in contracts between this year and next in nba make it financially smarter to stay in Turkey this year....

Love opts out of contract. Not only do Cavs lose a top flight player, they traded away a future monster to get him. Thanks Cleveland!

And with Batum traded today I bet Portland will be in on the Love sweepstakes as well, but Love wanted to go to Cali for the past couple seasons from someone I talked to, so you can bet Lakers are in the drivers seat if they want him.

Cavs are still the front runner to sign him although they'd be dumb to do so

much rather have thompson starting at the 4

I've heard Celts, Lakers, Suns, and Blazers are all in on Love. Probably be another 15 more teams tomorrow

The NBA is a fucked up league. The have and have nots is getting really really bad...

Golden State was a have not just 3 years ago. Had not made the playoffs but once in the past 18 seasons but had hired a defensive minded coach in Mark Jackson 4 years ago to change the mindset of the team. They drafted what many thought was a risky pick in Steph Curry in 2009, blew their lottery pick in 2010 taking Ekpe Udoh at #6 when Greg Monroe, Gordon Hayward, and Paul George were 3 of the next 4 picks, then took Klay Thompson at #11 in the 2011 draft. Slowly but surely under the guidance of new ownership the Warriors changed their losing ways and became NBA Champs without the benefit of having a #1 overall draft pick or signing a max contract free agent.

The Lakers, Celtics, and 76ers are historical Haves in this league...hasn't prevented them from all sucking the past few seasons.

Looks like Monta is gone. I hope some of these guys go to the east to strengthen that side up a little.

Hornets are looking better and better. Hawes, Lamb and Batum - exactly what they needed. Will be a lot better from behind the arc next season.

I'm all for the Cousins trade, no matter who Lakers have to give, to get him, but Randell, Clarkson and number 2 pick?! Kings are fleecing the Lakers...
I think Lakers got some leverage to keep at least Clarkson on their roster.
Right now, it appears that Karl and Cousins won't be on the same team, so Kings aren't in the best spot...

I'm all for the Cousins trade, no matter who Lakers have to give, to get him, but Randell, Clarkson and number 2 pick?! Kings are fleecing the Lakers...
I think Lakers got some leverage to keep at least Clarkson on their roster.
Right now, it appears that Karl and Cousins won't be on the same team, so Kings aren't in the best spot...

What at leverage do they have to keep clarkson ?

Would be surprised if there are t more established players going to kings in any trade.
dont think Karl wants to go through a youth movement, not saying picks and a young guy can't be involved but would expect at least 1/2 vet players.

I believe that Okafor and Randle or Okafor + Clarkson should be enough to make it happen.
Basically, Okafor can be the corner stone for the future and Clarkson is a nice fit with the Kings, but if Karl wants Lawson, they can trade for Randle and trade Randle for Lawson and they will still have room in their cap space and a decent roster.

We will see how things will work out.

Would be surprised if there are t more established players going to kings in any trade.
dont think Karl wants to go through a youth movement, not saying picks and a young guy can't be involved but would expect at least 1/2 vet players.

Denver offered their services.
Denver would have zero problems, sending Gallo + Lawson to Sacramento and maybe Faried as well and get Randle and Clarkson from the Lakers...

Denver offered their services.
Denver would have zero problems, sending Gallo + Lawson to Sacramento and maybe Faried as well and get Randle and Clarkson from the Lakers...

Dont think Denver wants that, maybe a start but that is not enough for what they are giving up....

Golden State was a have not just 3 years ago. Had not made the playoffs but once in the past 18 seasons but had hired a defensive minded coach in Mark Jackson 4 years ago to change the mindset of the team. They drafted what many thought was a risky pick in Steph Curry in 2009, blew their lottery pick in 2010 taking Ekpe Udoh at #6 when Greg Monroe, Gordon Hayward, and Paul George were 3 of the next 4 picks, then took Klay Thompson at #11 in the 2011 draft. Slowly but surely under the guidance of new ownership the Warriors changed their losing ways and became NBA Champs without the benefit of having a #1 overall draft pick or signing a max contract free agent.

I'd say Jerry West is pretty good.....tough thing to do.

The NBA is a fucked up league. The have and have nots is getting really really bad...
Just about every team in the league has made the playoffs the past three seasons, with the exception of probably the T-Wolves and Kings, so not sure where you're going with this.

Just about every team in the league has made the playoffs the past three seasons, with the exception of probably the T-Wolves and Kings, so not sure where you're going with this.

right

just curious, how many can win it next year you think

the best thing the NBA has done is allow teams that draft a player, be allowed to offer the most money

That helps getting guys to sign the 2nd contract....should they make it even more lucrative?

The guys that work in the back office and fool with the caps and offers.....hope they get paid well, cuz it is some confusing shit.....guys bounce the fuck around ALOT

right

just curious, how many can win it next year you think

How many realistically have a chance to win a title in any professional sport?. Even with a cap some teams have better coaches, scouts, front offices, etc.

It will never be an equal chance for every team, and some destinations are just more attractive than others

How many realistically have a chance to win a title in any professional sport?. Even with a cap some teams have better coaches, scouts, front offices, etc.

It will never be an equal chance for every team, and some destinations are just more attractive than others

I feel like NFL has the most. I am not as versed in hockey...

NBA would be before baseball however..

This.

The Hawks had the 4th lowest payroll in the league this season, the Knicks the 4th highest. Guess which one had the 2nd best record in the NBA, and which one had the 2nd worst?

It's the east. That's not saying very much. Boston is gonna win the division next season I think.

All depends on what the heat do, if bosh healthy, wade returns , drajic, deng, whiteside, and a lottery pick....lots of ifs...
and IF Hawks get favors possible S&t with Hawks for millsap

I don't get that. If they want Okafor, why not make an offer to the Lakers, unless they tried and Lakers refused...
The Boston Celtics are rumored to be interested in moving up to the third overall pick in Thursday's NBA Draft if Jhalil Okafor slips past the second spot.

While it's an unlikely scenario that Okafor slips to the third pick, the Celtics are reportedly ready to offer a "monster package" to the 76ers if slips. We'll have to wait and see if Celtics president Danny Ainge is able to pull off a big move that he's been promising, but any package would likely be centered around Marcus Smart and draft picks.

I don't remember a draft, where so many teams were looking to trade down and not up...

It appears that Randle is what stands between Causins and the Lakers...

The Lakers are unwilling to part with Julius Randle in a potential trade that would net them DeMarcus Cousins.

Randle has reportedly lost 20 pounds, and his outside shot is much improved, so the Lakers are very high on their 2014 draft pick. There's a lot of rumors swirling around Cousins right now, with the Lakers and Celtics both trying to pry him away from Sacramento. For now, it appears that if a deal were to go down, Randle would not be included.

Back