2015 nba offseason

Divol fails to see that part of Blatt"s job is to get Lebron to buy in, and he has failed miserably at that....most of these superstars are a pain in the ass to coach, but they can be coached and managed.

Allen Iverson said that working in the 76ers' front office would be a "top honor" for him.

"I may not know everything about physical talent or anything like that," said Iverson, "but I have a sharp mind when it comes to that look, being able to look into somebody's eyes to tell if they are going to be in the foxhole with you tonight or if they are not. To me, I am a basketball genius and I really believe that, so at any capacity I could help this franchise, that is what I am going to do, whatever they ask me to do." Larry Brown has been pushing for Iverson to earn a front office role with the Sixers, and Iverson is clearly interested. It'll be interesting to see if Sam Hinkie would like to bring him into the fold.

WOW

Coaches that Lebron would not disrespect:

Popovich, Jackson, Rivers and possibly Brad Stevens if he thinks he's a genius. That's it. I would say maybe Mchale with the rings and because he's a players coach, but he might not be a fan of his in game.

I don't think Lebron is disrespecting Blatt. But he's just not respecting him. There is a difference. We'll just wait and see what happens.

Divol fails to see that part of Blatt"s job is to get Lebron to buy in, and he has failed miserably at that....most of these superstars are a pain in the ass to coach, but they can be coached and managed.

I agree that it's part of his job and that he failed at it badly.

But, one, he really didn't get a fair chance from LeBron, that came biased and doesn't matter what Blatt tried, Bron never was happy and second, it can't be the only measure for a coach. He did get respect and very big respect from most, if not all, other players and he really did a hell of a job at you know... actually coaching...

I also not sure what LeBron wants. He left Miami because he wanted a bigger say, so you can forget about Jackson, Riley, JVG and all others. He wants someone that will lick his ass and someone that he can have fun with and Blatt is neither. Blatt does what he can to please Bron, but when he doesn't agree with him basketball wise (like playing Marion in the Finals), he doesn't play him.

I think it is also time to admit that the fact that Blatt may not be in CLE next year is a real possibility and the few that brought it up are not crazy either.

This is a real possibility.

I think it is also time to admit that the fact that Blatt may not be in CLE next year is a real possibility and the few that brought it up are not crazy either.

This is a real possibility.

I think there is very very very very very little chance that he won't continue.
Again, all the so called reports didn't come from within the team. It's not like someone gave some quote or something that can lead to believe that it's the case.
It's all outside sources that keep telling us that.
Obviously we seen stranger things happen, but me personally, don't see any real chance of that.

Lue isn't a better coach than Blatt. You have to be nuts to really believe that Lue gives Cleveland a better shot at the title.
I also doubt that Lue will want that. Blatt is a guy that usually gets big love from his assistants. He always gives them credit (in Europe he was the same) and always makes sure people know that it's entire coaching staff, not just him - and not for nothing. He always gives free hand to his assistants, mostly because he came up under Gershon, another great coach that always does the same, starting with Blatt 20+ years ago.

Right now, Cleveland found the perfect (almost) formula and were two wins away from the title, playing without Love and Kyrie. Why mess with that?
Also, many many reports, by Windhorst, but also others, are saying that Bron learned to appreciate Blatt in the playoffs and while there is no love lost between the two, I do think he got some respect from Bron.

We can speculate till the tip off of the next season or till Blatt gets fired before that, but we will have to wait and see.

Right now, inside the team, everyone is talking about Blatt as next year's coach. With Tibs for example, Chicago never got his back, as Cleveland exec are backing Blatt, so maybe I'm too naive, but I see no reason to think it's not true.

Give us an honest answer divol.... If David Blatt wasn't Israeli, would you love him this much?
Yeah divol. And while we're at it, where's the love for Omri Casspi and Gal Mekel?
icon7.png

Give us an honest answer divol.... If David Blatt wasn't Israeli, would you love him this much?

Because I watched him so much, I know him as a coach and what he is worth.
It got to do something, with him being Israeli, but even more, with him being European basketball coach.

Just think if the Cavs let blatt go and the Lakers hired him as HC. Divols head would explode

According to a source of the Washington Post, Paul Pierce is leaning towards playing in the NBA next season.

While this is obviously great news for the NBA, it is still unclear if Pierce wants to return to the Wizards or if he wants to reunite with Doc Rivers in Los Angeles. The Clippers can only offer Pierce the mini-midlevel exception of $3.37 million, while he can also opt in with the Wizards for $5.5 million. Pierce has until the end of June to decide if he wants to stick around in Washington, but it looks like this story is far from over. The Clippers do have a serious need at small forward, and the idea of finishing his career in his hometown of Los Angeles may be too tempting to pass up.

Allen Iverson said that working in the 76ers' front office would be a "top honor" for him.

"I may not know everything about physical talent or anything like that," said Iverson, "but I have a sharp mind when it comes to that look, being able to look into somebody's eyes to tell if they are going to be in the foxhole with you tonight or if they are not. To me, I am a basketball genius and I really believe that, so at any capacity I could help this franchise, that is what I am going to do, whatever they ask me to do." Larry Brown has been pushing for Iverson to earn a front office role with the Sixers, and Iverson is clearly interested. It'll be interesting to see if Sam Hinkie would like to bring him into the fold.

WOW
lmao

Lakers interest in Cousins really isn't anything new, but giving up Randle, whomever kings want at #2, and Clarkson seems a little risky..

Lakers interest in Cousins really isn't anything new, but giving up Randle, whomever kings want at #2, and Clarkson seems a little risky..

I would do that without a doubt. Cousins is a star and while a headcase, he is one of the best players in the league. Clarkson is a point guard - such players as him - league is full of them. Randle? Who knows what he is worth. Right now, he is coming off a season long injury...
Okafor and others - huge gamble. Other than WCS Towns, don't see any player I really like in this draft...

As Suns fan, explain to me trading Bledsoe. They traded Thomas and Dragic in the last day of the trades deadline last season and now try to get rid of Bledsoe as well.
Really don't get it...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....e-offered-to-knicks-in-package-for-no-4-pick/

I can understand the fact that maybe Bledsoe turned out to be cancer in the locker room, but why, in that case, they didn't trade him and kept Dragic and Thomas or at least Dragic?!

he is american as well.. was born and raised here in the Boston area......, i know what you are asking , i was just sharing random info ;)

I think there is very very very very very little chance that he won't continue.
Again, all the so called reports didn't come from within the team. It's not like someone gave some quote or something that can lead to believe that it's the case.
It's all outside sources that keep telling us that.
Obviously we seen stranger things happen, but me personally, don't see any real chance of that.

Lue isn't a better coach than Blatt. You have to be nuts to really believe that Lue gives Cleveland a better shot at the title.
I also doubt that Lue will want that. Blatt is a guy that usually gets big love from his assistants. He always gives them credit (in Europe he was the same) and always makes sure people know that it's entire coaching staff, not just him - and not for nothing. He always gives free hand to his assistants, mostly because he came up under Gershon, another great coach that always does the same, starting with Blatt 20+ years ago.

Right now, Cleveland found the perfect (almost) formula and were two wins away from the title, playing without Love and Kyrie. Why mess with that?
Also, many many reports, by Windhorst, but also others, are saying that Bron learned to appreciate Blatt in the playoffs and while there is no love lost between the two, I do think he got some respect from Bron.

We can speculate till the tip off of the next season or till Blatt gets fired before that, but we will have to wait and see.

Right now, inside the team, everyone is talking about Blatt as next year's coach. With Tibs for example, Chicago never got his back, as Cleveland exec are backing Blatt, so maybe I'm too naive, but I see no reason to think it's not true.

They got lucky in who they had to play and the opposing teams injuries, your dammed if you dammed if you don't but lets not get Blatt all the credit for the PERFECT formula....

They have no reason to sign Love for next year unless they want to save face on trading the pick for him...

next year
Kyrie pg, lebron, sf, TT, pf, Mozgov, C, bench Varajo and shumpert --.. need to find a veteran shooting guard who believes he has a chance to win a ship with this team... and a legit backup pg, someone who can handle the ball....

maybe a sign and trade for love with someone or he can just walk away.. sign a shorter contract and resign for max when cap goes up

They got lucky in who they had to play and the opposing teams injuries, your dammed if you dammed if you don't but lets not get Blatt all the credit for the PERFECT formula....

They have no reason to sign Love for next year unless they want to save face on trading the pick for him...

next year
Kyrie pg, lebron, sf, TT, pf, Mozgov, C, bench Varajo and shumpert --.. need to find a veteran shooting guard who believes he has a chance to win a ship with this team... and a legit backup pg, someone who can handle the ball....

maybe a sign and trade for love with someone or he can just walk away.. sign a shorter contract and resign for max when cap goes up

If Wade goes to Cleveland.... Ugh

Time to get Miami 2.0 going in Cleveland...Sign Ray Ray who had a year off and if Wade does go lol

Sacramento is a mess...how could you possibly think of trading Cousins ?

There was talk of Cousins not liking Karl being hired because Cousins doesn't fit the type of offense Karl likes but I think that philosophy is dumb. Cousins is a phenom. Any team that is able to get him should do whatever it takes to do so. He is no longer the immature cry baby (even though the refs treat him like he is). I think cousins loves playing in Sacramento but a change of scenery wouldn't be the worst thing for him.

"Celtics were looking to trade Marcus Smart and #16 & 28 to Philly for Nerlens Noel & #3 pick."

"but the Sixers weren't interested".

lol

Seems like teams are looking to move down in this draft.

Can't say I blame them after watching last years highly touted rookie class flame out in it's first year in the league.

I think porzingis is a bit too hyped up. Kaminsky will somehow turn into a steal in this draft lol

Chris Mannix ✔@ChrisMannixSI
Boston has discussed a trade with at least one top-ten team. Described by a rival exec as "aggressive, one of the few teams thinking big."
8:40 PM - 22 Jun 2015

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg
Danny Ainge: “We’re having discussions to move up with both of our picks in the 1st round. We’re trying to move up with at least 1 of them."
10:52 AM - 23 Jun 2015

Seems like teams are looking to move down in this draft.

Can't say I blame them after watching last years highly touted rookie class flame out in it's first year in the league.

Flamed out and/or hurt... 4 of the top 10 got hurt and missed most of the season..... wiggins and payton had very good years and smart and exum had decent years..

Flamed out and/or hurt... 4 of the top 10 got hurt and missed most of the season..... wiggins and payton had very good years and smart and exum had decent years..

Exum looked lost. Smart can play. Yes injuries played a key role. Not writing off the class yet but it had a lot of hoopla coming into the season. Only 4 rookies averaged double digit points last season, and out of the lowly 2013 rookie class they actually had 5 guys score 10+ a game as rookies.

Exum looked lost. Smart can play. Yes injuries played a key role. Not writing off the class yet but it had a lot of hoopla coming into the season. Only 4 rookies averaged double digit points last season, and out of the lowly 2013 rookie class they actually had 5 guys score 10+ a game as rookies.

gotcha,

some of these players ended up in bad situations, no chance to develop....

I would lose some respect for Karl if he's the reason Cousins gets traded. Who knows what the real
story is though

Boston has a million picks at their disposal. Use them to somehow get cousins. The draft is a crapshoot anyway.....

Cousins goes to Denver or Boston if he gets traded imo

<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"></p>&mdash; DeMarcus Cousins (@boogiecousins) <a href="https://twitter.com/boogiecousins/status/613225835365949440">June 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like philly wants the kid from Latvia. Ughhh.I would trade down if I was Philly. But I can't take another fucking tank year. Who knows if embiid will ever play.

Back