• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

2015 Coaching Carousel Thread

Schrute

Assistant __ ___ Regional Mod
Shaffer out at Cuse

Schad reporting Les Miles will be fired by the end of the day. Les is gonna get a $15 million buyout and go make more money being awesome on television

I don't trust Schad

It is coming, but it will be on his terms. They will ice him gracefully.

The list:

Jimbo
Patterson
Gruden

I think Jimbo is a real possibility....silky doesn't, we been on twitter......he thinks Lame Kitten, I say no way

I have said Patterson for years.....I will take it

Gruden.....who knows. He is always out there in these things

I could see Jimbo or Patterson and they would both be great hires. Jimbo will either go or force FSU to pay his assistants more

Look I like Gruden but do you really want to fire Miles and hire a guy who hasn't coached football in 8 years and hasn't recruited since 1991? Seems like a pretty big gamble

I don't know if I believe Grueden is going to coach any football again. He likes being a voice for the league and one of ESPNs highest paid employees.

So many openings at this point.

I agree Gruden isn't going anywhere. Look at how many coaches go to TV and never ever go back. They work maybe 2-3 days a week prepping and can have a more consistent life while getting paid close to equal if not more.

I don't trust Schad

The list:

Jimbo
Patterson
Gruden

I think Jimbo is a real possibility....silky doesn't, we been on twitter......he thinks Lame Kitten, I say no way

Would be the worst possible hire LSU could make

Kiffin to Baton Rouge. Watch!

And unless LSU is willing to up Jimbo's already 6m salary to a prohibitive level like 8.5m+, why on earth would wo he leave to get basically the same job, but at a school where doing what Les did gets you the boot?

maybe it's me but I'd take playing Dabo yearly vs Saban & the SEC West bagmen

I don't trust Schad

The list:

Jimbo
Patterson
Gruden

Gruden earns 6.5 million doing MNF. he's not going to LSU

I think the Jimbo name is being thrown arounf to get him a raise

the university brass is about to blow the recruiting class that will enable them to beat Saban. Maybe they know the dark with is out soon, but doing this now without an ace in the hole is disaster

Think that Strong to Miami had been closer than reported. But during preliminary talks, the school squashed the idea of hiring back noted Strong bagman, Clint Hurtt. Seems to be a sticking point for both. Hurtt did a lot of recruiting dirty work in the FLA during Strongs time at Lousiville.

the university brass is about to blow the recruiting class that will enable them to beat Saban. Maybe they know the dark with is out soon, but doing this now without an ace in the hole is disaster

That is what makes me think they got a plan in place. Are we to really believe they are willing to blow up the number one recruiting class in the nation and the best one in LSU history AND commit 15 million dollars to a buyout and NOT have 1 or 2 people that they feel they want and are worth it?

I just cannot see them knee jerking this thing, even though TAF and boosters for LSU are pretty damn powerful........I have to think they got something in motion.

I am not a big ESPN basher, but the way Shad and a few ESPN reporters went about a normal 1230 presser that Miles woulda had anyway and play it like he was gonna say he was fired/resigning etc...was just goofy.

They aren't going to treat him like a 3 legged dog. He has earned a clean kill. One behind the ear.

Think that Strong to Miami had been closer than reported. But during preliminary talks, the school squashed the idea of hiring back noted Strong bagman, Clint Hurtt. Seems to be a sticking point for both. Hurtt did a lot of recruiting dirty work in the FLA during Strongs time at Lousiville.

So you think Strong is gonna go to UM? If not him, who you think?

Also, with all due respect to Tenny fans and other on the outside looking in. It seems folks are coming with the "careful what you wish for" deal now.....this situation is unique and I highly doubt this is a Fulmer kinda blow up.

I feel like most of the country thinks LSU fans are crazy for wanting this guy gone....."Likeable Les" "The Mad Hatter".....He is an ESPN highlight reel and a great interview by virtue of being just kinda a half wit......LSU and their fans are probably being shed in a poor light nationwide if I had to bet.....

I don't. Strong wants one of the two of his best Florida recruiters hired as well. They are randy Shannon, which ain't happening for obvious reasons, and Hurtt who has been on show cause recently. The school wants none of either. So strong doesn't seem like a fit.

This is getting worse and worse for Miami if Georgia and lsu come open. Southern cal and possibly gamecocks are already better jobs. Smells like scrap heap city for the canes.

Also while butch Davis enjoys support among former players and some bigger money boosters, school wants no part of him after unc academic scandal. Rumors are they want an established proven winner, no more taking chances on an up and comer. Seems like they are willing to spend more than at any part in the last ten years for a big time coach

Also, with all due respect to Tenny fans and other on the outside looking in. It seems folks are coming with the "careful what you wish for" deal now.....this situation is unique and I highly doubt this is a Fulmer kinda blow up.

I feel like most of the country thinks LSU fans are crazy for wanting this guy gone....."Likeable Les" "The Mad Hatter".....He is an ESPN highlight reel and a great interview by virtue of being just kinda a half wit......LSU and their fans are probably being shed in a poor light nationwide if I had to bet.....

Well to be frank, not a precedent out there for firing a 75% winning % coach and having the replacement do better.

The Fulmer deal shouldn't carry weight, b/c you will get someone better than D Dooley.

Can't argue with the desire. But outside of Bama, not many SECw teams are doing much. I suppose AU could be mentioned, but not seriously. Just better hope you hit a homerun. Anything less could set the program back a decade.

The Fulmer deal shouldn't carry weight, b/c you will get someone better than D Dooley.

Can't argue with the desire. But outside of Bama, not many SECw teams are doing much. I suppose AU could be mentioned, but not seriously. Just better hope you hit a homerun. Anything less could set the program back a decade.

The important thing is retaining the staff we want.....Ed, Frank and Corey. These men must be retained, or should be.

Send Cam, Steele and Peveto out the door.

Well, they did get Kiffin 1st......he just fucked them

The important thing is retaining the staff we want.....Ed, Frank and Corey. These men must be retained, or should be.

Send Cam, Steele and Peveto out the door.

The type of coach LSU hopes to get will want to bring in their own people. If Les goes, they all go

If the new coach doesn't want to retain Frank Wilson, I do not think that would be smart.

Next, I would retain Ed Orgeron if I could as well....

Next Corey Raymond.

The 1st 2 extremely important.....all 3 preferably, but not likely

Do you know who these people are?

If the new coach doesn't want to retain Frank Wilson, I do not think that would be smart.

Next, I would retain Ed Orgeron if I could as well....

Next Corey Raymond.

The 1st 2 extremely important.....all 3 preferably, but not likely

Do you know who these people are?

Orgeron wants a HC job. Already put his hand up for Syracuse

Yes I know know ed orgeron from his cuse days prob back when u didn't have a nice car...
He actually recruited my friend who signed at cuse

Cause may.. hell the program blows.
They were a top 10-15 team back into 90's under Paul P

I know that coaches bring in their own guys

I am just saying, trying to retain those 3 wouldn't be the worst thing

I see they also throw Dabo in there for the LSU job

That would be like hiring Les Mile's retarded kid brother

no way

No way he would go either but I could see him using it for a raise. Only place he leaves for is Bama

I don't think he goes to anywhere but Bama and I don't think LSU wants him either

I don't think they want that type at this point. And I don't mean disrespect, just Miles and he are kinda the same

Also while butch Davis enjoys support among former players and some bigger money boosters, school wants no part of him after unc academic scandal. Rumors are they want an established proven winner, no more taking chances on an up and comer. Seems like they are willing to spend more than at any part in the last ten years for a big time coach

Then ur Univ is a bunch of dumb asses who refuse to do one ounce of leg work if they think Butch had anything to do with the UNC mess. keep burying your head in the sand, Miami regents and BOG.

Back