****2014 Recruiting Thread*****

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Some LSU News per Don

As I mentioned previously, Coach Miles picked up his 7th commitment for 2014 in Tony Upchurch (WR, 6'1", 220, Pearland, TX) after Friday’s practice, and I've heard that yesterday he extended an offer to another out-of-state prospect taking in a practice, Jakell Mitchell (TE, 6'3", 215) of Opelika, Alabama. Earlier in the week, LSU offered another prospect from the state of Alabama in middle linebacker Deshaun Davis (6'0", 230) of Vigor High School in Mobile. Speaking of Alabama, Louisiana's prize prospect, running back Leonard Fournette of St. Augustine, who is No. 1 on my list of top LA prospects and widely regarded as one of the nation’s top players, visited Alabama Thursday. According to reports, he visited along with his teammate Jermaine Roberts and their head coach, Cyril Crutchfield. As one would expect, the prospects were very impressed with the visit, but I still feel good about the relationship Fournette has with LSU and the chances of him being a Tiger when it's all said and done.

If Bama pulls Fournette, I will be beyond shocked. We need to offer his girlfriend ASAP

• LSU 2013 commit Quantavious Leslie, the big 6’4" JUCO wide receiver from Hinds Community College, tweeted, “Done heard the best news this semester. FINALLY got cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse. Now all is left is this Algebra class.” Getting Leslie cleared and on campus for fall camp would be huge for LSU.• LSU 2014 commit Sharieff Raheed picked up an offer from Alabama this weekend but is still solid LSU. A lot of folks questioned LSU for offering Raheed who had been flying under the radar, but evidently Coach Miles is not the only big-time recruiter who recognizes his potential • Five-star linebacker Kain Daub (6'3", 230, Jacksonville, FL) has committed to Florida State. You may recall that Daub committed to LSU last summer and then de-committed and opened up his recruitment in November.

Michael Ferns will be one of the best linebackers to ever play at michigan.
tumblr_mju2541EBV1s4pi7to1_400.gif

im real interested to see where jabril peppers ends up.

he will make a hell of a cb (position he wants to play) or rb (position he could play), been the best player in NJ for the last 3 years

Dude take the maize and blue goggles off lol.

you know i just messin, but for real Drake is the best high school WR i have seen in the state of michigan since, rogers or edwards maybe. he tore my boys up in that state champ game, as a junior. we just need a qb to get him the ball. so glad he ditched sparty.

Jabril Peppers decision coming soon, looks like its Michigan or Penn St as final two...oh boy think we got this one boyz

still has visits lined up and announcement next week, i will feel a lot better when thats finalized and we can put him on the board.....no pun...well u know what i mean

Asked about the recruiting process and the tendency fans have to take things above and beyond acceptable and respond negatively to recruits, McDermott talked about a time when a fake Urban Meyer account tweeted at him. That story led to this story about the time he turned down Coach Meyer in person...

AK: What's the Urban Meyer story?
KM: The Urban Meyer thing was just funny to me. He came to my school a week after I told his assistant that I wasn't even interested in them. I told him no to his face, and it's got to be one of the top five reactions of someone ever. His facial expression was just so funny. My coach was tearing up and had to go in his office to laugh.

AK: Talk more about coach Meyer's face when you told him no. Was he mad, upset?
KM: More like the state of shock where the guy has literally never been told no in his life. It literally looked like a kid the first time you tell him 'no, you can't do something.' It looked like he was a baby about to cry. It was so funny.

UCLA landed two of the top JUCO tackle prospects in the country.

Dominick Jackson and Jermaine Eluemenor. Both have an offer from Bama.

Also, I heard from my best source on Trey Quinn and learned that he visited Clemson last week and then stopped by Auburn on the way back home. I don’t know exactly what's going on with LSU's recruitment of Quinn, but it appears that schools like Clemson, Auburn, Texas Tech, Ole Miss, Texas, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma State are recruiting him very hard right now. In my opinion, it would be a big mistake to let Quinn, who comes from family of big Tiger fans, slip away. The 6-1, 200 wide receiver from Barbe had over 2,100 receiving yards as a junior and is on pace to break several state records as a senior

blank.gif
blank.gif
[video=youtube;ROAI2BSdLUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ROAI2BSdLUo[/video]

wassup with malachi dupree?

does LSU consider him in the bag? he keeps visiting UCLA so im hoping we got a shot

Quarterback Brandon Harris (6'2.5", 193, Parkway) has committed to LSU! The four-star dual-threat signal caller chose LSU over offers from Auburn, Ohio State, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Mississippi State and several others.

Jump called it, but official

Quarterback Brandon Harris (6'2.5", 193, Parkway) has committed to LSU! The four-star dual-threat signal caller chose LSU over offers from Auburn, Ohio State, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Mississippi State and several others.

Jump called it, but official

LSU has some major recruiting momentum right now. Looks like a couple more commits on the horizon.

Back