****2014 Recruiting Thread*****

just killer we're losing mike mitchell...sux to lose mike but if he wasn't good enough to play last year with how awful the LB was that says he may not be so hot...but damn I hate to lose Mickey in hoops

Mike Mitchell has the sickest measurables ever...that i've ever seen at least for a HS senior. I'm sure they are even better now.

lol mom

Today, Greg McDowell told Rivals that Malik is “open” to taking additional visits to OSU and FSU, who were his other finalists, along with Michigan. Greg McDowell said U-M is still in the picture, too.
"We plan on doing some unofficials and see if he and his mom can resolve this,” McDowell said. “It's possible she'll be open to Michigan State as well, so we'll have to see.

[h=4]On McDowell...[/h]
Spoke to the family a number of times this weekend and I'll have a piece coming up that clears up many of the rumors that have been going around.

One extremely notable development is Malik and his mom have really mended fences. What was clearly a strained relationship has healed rather quickly.

My OPINIONS based on those conversations...

There is very little chance Malik goes to Michigan State in my opinion. I think the talk about how to do an end run around mom after the commitment as opposed to talking about how to resolve the divide was really the final straw.

I think Ohio State and Florida State are currently the co-favorites. The big hindrance for FSU isn't distance (mom would move down to the Sunshine State and dad may too), it's the heat. With Ohio State it's getting to know the coaches better (specifically Larry Johnson) in a very short period of time. The upcoming visits to both schools will allow those factors to be further assessed.

Michigan is in third, and they'll only make up ground if they can get him back on campus (ideally for an overnight stay).

More coming in the story later. I have a few loose ends to tighten up with mom before posting.
Follow me on twitter @SamWebb77

Sparty pulled Jayru Campbell's offer...being charged with two major crimes..presser is at 2pm to say what he's being charged with

no way, sparty pulled his offer, for a qb that isnt even that good being charged with multiple felonies....what has the world come too? sparty got lucky actually, kid would never play

This woman just can't get enough..."my supporters" lol

[TABLE="width: 60%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]By Sam Webb
Managing Editor
Posted Feb 10, 2014

<tbody>
[TD="class: storytitle, colspan: 3"]Clearing the Air re Malik McDowell
premium.gif
[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3"][/TD]

[TD="class: primaryimage"]
1236020.jpg
Malik McDowell
[/TD]
[TD="width: 3"][/TD]

</tbody>

Share on twitterShare on facebook|More Sharing ServicesMore

There have been a number of stories on Malik McDowell in the past week, many of which have included a great deal of false information. The family has come together to debunk many of those falsehoods.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 3"]
Last week was a challenging one for Malik McDowell. The Southfield (Mich.) star and his parents saw their disagreement about his commitment to Michigan Statesuddenly become fodder for public ridicule. It was an unforeseen consequence of their understandable inexperience when dealing with the media.
“We were deluged with requests for information,” McDowell’s mother Joya Crowe explained. “We accept responsibility for our part in the debacle. We have used this as an opportunity for growth and feel our ties have been strengthened because of it.”
“I would really like to thank my supporters for their words of wisdom and positive thoughts. Malik’s transition to adulthood weighs heavy on my mind. I just want the best for my son. Now we will continue to evaluate his options with an open mind.”
In the days since pledging to Michigan State things have calmed considerably in McDowell’s circle. The close relationship he has always enjoyed with his mother is intact. With their tears of joy and reconciliation now behind them, the attention of the family is now focused squarely on what the talented youngster will do next. The possibility of revisiting his other finalists has been discussed, but thus far no firm plans have been made. Determining what path he will eventually take could days, weeks, or maybe a month. Whatever the case, the family thought it prudent to clear up a number of erroneous rumors immediately to stop them from spreading any further.

• On the report that Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio was thrown out of Ms. Crowe’s home after a disagreement: “That is totally false,” said Ms. Crowe. “Never happened. Coach Dantonio has never been to my house. We met at a Starbucks and that went fine.”
  • On the report that Malik was thrown out of his house: “That is not true. I never put him out. We were both upset about things, but that is in the past. My son told me he loves me and we are moving past last week’s events.”
  • On the rumor that Michigan players bad-mouthed the program to Malik: “That never happened. Malik said they’ve had nothing but positive things to say about Michigan.”
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

this the kid that body slammed the security guard?

yea it was all over the news here last week. he's done. though someone at work was saying they cant officially pull his offer yet because of some dead period, which didnt make much sense but i dont know. perhaps grambling will take him on and make a man out of him.

Back