****2014 Recruiting Thread*****

I hate twitter. Our 2 recruits complaing like little girls about their number

<article>
Willis "#8 or #2
huh.png
?"

Clark "@geee_90 nah homie, that #2 is mine"

Willis "“@khairiclark: @geee_90 nah homie, that #2 is mine” You can have that big homie I'm not bout fight over a number plus don't mention me
huh.png
?"

Clark "@geee_90 what's up with you bro? I was just saying ? We about to be future teammates and you getting mad ? Alright
huh.png
"

Willis "“@khairiclark: @geee_90 @geee_90: @khairiclark boy idc you don't know me plus you not my teammate yet freak boy"

Clark "@geee_90 bruh like honestly chill"

Willis "“@khairiclark: @geee_90 bruh like honestly chill” chill for what mannn stop mentioning me"
</article>

That's cute...

Natty win, playoff, & ACC dominance guarantees access to top recruits for years. If anything this hurts UF recruiting. Same guy that sold 5*s on eschewing SEC can now say "Come to UGA, we are SEC". Plus if Muschamp wants a job in a year FSU may let him kiss the rings.

FSU DC interview: hey we got $750k, no state tax, loaded on D, an offense with Jameis & 10 other future NFLers, want it?

I think it will be even. T-Rob for us is one of the best as well. BTW we flipped #3 DT Thomas Holley from Penn State today. With Bill O'Brien & Larry Johnson leaving. After such a shit season we had Champ is doing a pretty good job on the recruiting trail.

Gotta hand it to the gators, y'all coming through big on the recruiting trail late. Coach Boom's D is always gonna bring in top kids.

Got Roderick Johnson on campus...silk u guys still a lock or y'all full
Got 1 spot left that's for Ermon, then about 2-5 recruits won't end up in Tally. Namely CJ Worton, JoJo Robinson & Dexter Wideman. Think FSU pulls Roderick, Lane of course, Harrison (4* VT commit) & 1 more top tier. It's been a whatever you want deal so far, but 2015 could be bonkers

[h=1]LSU defensive tackle board is getting very interesting[/h]
14119026-mmmain.jpg

Malik McDowell (67) is one of several defensive tackle prospects being pursued by LSU. ((Amos Morale III, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune))

Print
By James Smith, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on January 20, 2014 at 12:10 PM, updated January 20, 2014 at 9:25 PM

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1389999802.html#_=1390341419318&count=vertical&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2014%2F01%2Flsu_defensive_tackle_board_is.html&size=m&text=LSU%20defensive%20tackle%20board%20is%20getting%20very%20interesting&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2014%2F01%2Flsu_defensive_tackle_board_is.html" class="twitter-share-button twitter-tweet-button twitter-count-vertical" title="Twitter Tweet Button" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="border-style: none; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; width: 59px; float: none; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; background-image: none; display: block; height: 62px;"></iframe>

<iframe id="f3cb366f18" name="f3b70efcb8" scrolling="no" title="Like this content on Facebook." class="fb_ltr" src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?action=like&api_key=&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D28%23cb%3Df1e70dcaf8%26domain%3Dwww.nola.com%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.nola.com%252Ff21be2a038%26relation%3Dparent.parent&colorscheme=light&extended_social_context=false&href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2014%2F01%2Flsu_defensive_tackle_board_is.html&layout=box_count&locale=en_US&node_type=link&ref=s%3DshowShareBarUI%3Ap%3Dfacebook-like&sdk=joey&send=false&show_faces=false&width=55" style="border-style: none; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; width: 49px; float: none; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; background-image: none; position: absolute; overflow: hidden; height: 61px;"></iframe>

<iframe frameborder="0" hspace="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" tabindex="0" vspace="0" width="100%" id="I2_1390341422550" name="I2_1390341422550" src="https://apis.google.com/u/0/_/+1/sharebutton?plusShare=true&usegapi=1&bsv=o&action=share&annotation=vertical-bubble&height=&width=&hl=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2014%2F01%2Flsu_defensive_tackle_board_is.html&gsrc=3p&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en.mQ-EBSVZaA4.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DIQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTN774MwQK5MjLey4U-dL-iXmjwang#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cdrefresh%2Cerefresh%2Conendinteraction%2Conload&id=I2_1390341422550&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com&pfname=&rpctoken=26881764" data-gapiattached="true" title="+Share" style="border-style: none; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; width: 57px; float: none; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; font-size: 10px; background-image: none; position: static; top: 0px; left: 0px; visibility: visible; height: 60px;"></iframe>

[COLOR=#777777 !important]0

<tbody style="border: none; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; width: auto; float: none; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; background-image: none;">

</tbody>

[h=3]LATEST RECRUITING NEWS[/h]

The defensive tackle position is one that the LSU Tigers have made a priority on the recruiting trail as National Signing Day draws near.
The last three weekends in January will bring a large contingent of visitors to Baton Rouge as the Tigers look to close out their recruiting class with a bang. On January 24, LSU will host a pair of mammoth defensive tackle prospects inTravonte Valentine and Malik McDowell. This past weekend, the Tigers brought in a pair of prospects in Breeland Speaks and TreyLealaimatafao. There is also a new name to monitor as the Tigers will look to flip a SEC foe's commit. Here is an inside look at how the defensive tackle board will shake out down the stretch.
Ole Miss defensive tackle commitmentBreeland Speaks spent his weekend with family in Baton Rouge. Speaks spoke very highly of the Tigers' program fresh off his visit on Sunday. Sources at LSU feel they made a lasting impression on the 6-4, 285-pound prospect that could keep them in the race until the end. Speaks is a major want at this stage of the process as his physical stature and intelligence really stand out to the staff. It's a two team race between LSU and Ole Miss with Arkansas being the dark horse. I will stop short of calling LSU his leader, but they are certainly a major player.
14063838-large.jpg
Trey Lealaimatafao runs a drill during U.S. Army All-American Bowl West practice. Lealaimatafao picked up an offer from LSU Thursday.
BOWSTRING STUDIOS
The other visitor this past weekend at the defensive tackle position was Trey Lealaimatafao. The 6-0, 300-pound lineman from Warren High School in San Antonio, Texas really enjoyed his visit according to just about everyone that was contacted on the situation. His next stop is Oregon and they figure to be the biggest threat to LSU down the stretch. LSU didn't push for a commitment we are told, but they certainly let him know that he is very high on their board.
A new name to watch out for is Wilkinson County High School defensive tackle Johnny Dwight. The 6-3, 300-pound Alabama commitment from Rochelle, Georgia has been a target of LSU's for some time, but things cooled off once he committed to the Crimson Tide. Well, the door may be opening again as we have learned that he has been reaching out to LSU's staffers regularly as his contact with Alabama dwindles. From what we have gathered, he hasn't set up an official visit to LSU, yet, but it's very likely that it will transpire soon. Multiple sources in Georgia feel that LSU will land Dwight, which would be somewhat of a shock to most fans because his name has been rarely mentioned in regards to LSU. From all the info I have gathered, expect him to be in the LSU class if everything works out as planned.
14025796-large.jpg
Miami commitment and LSU target Travonte Valentine runs a drill at practice Tuesday for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. (Andrew Lopez, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)
Andrew Lopez, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Champagnat Catholic, Hialeah, Fla. defensive tackle Travonte Valentine has been linked to LSU for quite some time now. The 6-3, 338-pound behemoth is set to visit the Tigers on January 24 in what could be the end of his recruitment. He took an unofficial to Miami this past weekend, but as they pressured him for a commitment, he made it known that he wasn't in a position to give them one at that time. In fact, we have learned that Miami trails LSU significantly at this stage of the process with those close to him calling it a done deal for the Tigers. As we have all learned this recruiting cycle, there is no such thing. However, LSU appears to be in great shape at this time.
Malik McDowell, a 6-6, 300-pound defensive tackle,will be taking his official visit to Baton Rouge on January 24 as well. The Southfield High School star from Southfield, Michigan is one of the nation's top uncommitted prospects. LSU defensive line coach Brick Haley has been spearheading the recruitment and has done a good job up to this point. With that said, it will need to be another of Haley's late miracles to sway this prospect. His mother has dug her heels in on doing her part to keep him close to home and Michigan State has benefited from that stance. McDowell does have family in Louisiana, but the distance factor may be too much to overcome. The Tigers have a shot, but it has closed quite a bit over recent weeks, according to multiple sources on the ground.

[/COLOR]

no room for Johnny Dwight on Bama team, saw a report LSU is in play

bama guys?

Last I saw Kirby had an in-home and he's shutting down his recruitment. Think he has potential, but not a slam dunk by any means.

Silky, thought I heard Kamara going to Clemson?

Silky, what are your guys saying about Dexter Wideman? He is hands down the best prospect in SC this year and we were all shocked when you guys got him to commit there in the summer as SCar had a huge lead for him. I don't like FSU having the last OV right before signing day and while the USC sites are saying he will flip on NSD, I don't think its over by any means.

I think FSU is making last second pushes to grab Derrick Nnadi and/or Malik McDowell. Wideman if smart knows he's a fallback right now at FSU & may want to lock in with SoCar. Would be nice to keep him, but somebody has to go to make room for the late push on the other 2 tackles. I think McDowell stays home but Nnadi comes, pushing Wideman to y'all

Interesting year for the Tigers....lotta open spots left

they either get some nice flips, or wind up offering kids late that are back up plans

MSU commit (4* QB) Jayru Campbell's D1 college career might be over before it started... already suspended first game of 2014 for punching a player after the last game of 2013.... then this today. Body slammed a security guard
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_JKYkekqsso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MSU commit (4* QB) Jayru Campbell's D1 college career might be over before it started... already suspended first game of 2014 for punching a player after the last game of 2013.... then this today. Body slammed a security guard
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_JKYkekqsso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Wow, can't fathom a coach at a major D1 program wanting to put up with that.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_JKYkekqsso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

2015 guy fwiw...

and as Hunt pointed out Sparty does like them thugs but cannot fathom even Dantonio not pulling his 'ship...

Not a shock, but Jacob Coker expected to transfer to Alabama. Better talent than what we have on campus presently, but won't get to Tuscaloosa until May, not sure how much he'll be able to pick up before August. Don't think he can work with the coaches (except for the off the field guys) until practice officially begins. Silk, what were y'all hearing this time last year? I know Jameis was always the expected starter and it wasn't necessarily as close a competition as Jimbo said in the media, but Coker has some big time measureables. He'll have weapons at Alabama. Think it's a good fit

Not a shock, but Jacob Coker expected to transfer to Alabama. Better talent than what we have on campus presently, but won't get to Tuscaloosa until May, not sure how much he'll be able to pick up before August. Don't think he can work with the coaches (except for the off the field guys) until practice officially begins. Silk, what were y'all hearing this time last year? I know Jameis was always the expected starter and it wasn't necessarily as close a competition as Jimbo said in the media, but Coker has some big time measureables. He'll have weapons at Alabama. Think it's a good fit

You getting a stud, prototypical pro style QB & he can run. A lil slow on decision making but was a legit neck & neck race for #1 into the start of season. Guy makes all the throws, big, strong, smart, athletic. After some early mistakes you will love him, especially with Lane coaching him.

UCLA guys, yall think yall get Kenny Young?

The scout guys think he's a silent commit

but this has been rumored for a while. Whitley's flip from bama, Dwight Williams verbal as well as the possibility of Rashaan Evans could change things.

I really just want dupre.

Malachi will be LSU I think

I have heard some people say he isn't super impressive

he does hold that 5 star status tho...

Dupree LSU all the way, Humphrey Bama, Nnadi FSU, Prince I'm going with Mary. Adoree flirting hard with UF, don't think he will though

Y'all get Tabor, Adoree & Prince and I'm calling the NCAA lol. Though I will say there's a lot of grumbling that Adoree may come

That's what a lot of the talk is, I still think he chooses SoCar. But won't be surprised by UT, they're doing an excellent job selling the program. Well that and telling everyone who'll listen SOS is old & won't be around much longer lol.

In other news, I won't get my hopes up for this, Dupree ain't leaving the boot

@MalachiDupre: #FSU #Noles http://t.co/CsmCHiA8Pw

Back