2013 'Bankrupt Ain't Gun Stop Us-But Jimmay WILL' Detroit Tigers Thread...

Cabrera 4 for 4

Singles & solo shots.

How about these bullpens, both of 'em? I don't trust anyone in a Cleveland uniform on the mound right now. To turn that Detroit line-up over 5X and win the game was a miracle delivered by the patron saint of Albuquerque.

Tigers are 2nd in the majors in runners reaching base (behind Red Sox). They are 7th in percentage of baserunners that score. 4th in majors in productive outs. They have actually hit well with runners in scoring position.

http://deadspin.com/hey-its-jose-va...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

ku-xlarge.jpg

Tigers are 2nd in the majors in runners reaching base (behind Red Sox). They are 7th in percentage of baserunners that score. 4th in majors in productive outs. They have actually hit well with runners in scoring position.

Thank you for disspelling my notions. Just seems as much, hehe.

Tigers seem to run into problems when it's close and late ... Do the numbers back me up?

Yes. Late and close they are hitting .215/.299/.299

The late pitching, tied or down after 6 or 7, can't be good either. Almost no one is pitching worse than Cleveland for ALL innings though, 1 thru 9. 28th in MLB in ERA, I believe? Probably going to be their undoing.

The issue I see on the outside from Cleveland is they are giving up too many homers. And it appears somewhat related. their xfip (which normalized hr rate) has them about league average. They are worst in baseball in home run per fly ball ratio. Well, that and walks, which they are last in. Good strikeout numbers tho.

In layman's terms they let too many guys hit it a long way and they walk too many guys.

Been telling people to give Vmart half the year to get into rythm. It's coming. This series was very indicative. Loved the emotion Prince showed after scoring towards Victor.

Have a feeling the tigers are gonna put together a little streak here before the break. No value to be had at all, but I expect them to get 5 of these next 6.

Have a feeling the tigers are gonna put together a little streak here before the break. No value to be had at all, but I expect them to get 5 of these next 6.

Hope your right. Haven't looked at the probables yet but that be nice. Finally see CWS for first time. Prolly gonna head down Friday night. Finally be a warm Friday night home game for me.

heading down sunday myself for JV

worried about tonights game cause of let down, hopefully JV stuff carries over tho

The issue I see on the outside from Cleveland is they are giving up too many homers. And it appears somewhat related. their xfip (which normalized hr rate) has them about league average. They are worst in baseball in home run per fly ball ratio. Well, that and walks, which they are last in. Good strikeout numbers tho.

Too many walks & too many homers. They are Detroit's dream.

[TABLE="class: data stacked"]
<tbody>[TR="class: subtitle"]
[TD="colspan: 12"]American League Central
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: label"]
[TD="align: left"]Team
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]W
[/TD]
[TD="width: 5%, align: right"]L
[/TD]
[TD="width: 7%, align: right"]Pct.
[/TD]
[TD="width: 7%, align: right"]GB
[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]Home
[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]Road
[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]East
[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]Cent.
[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]West
[/TD]
[TD="width: 6%, align: right"] L10
[/TD]
[TD="width: 6%, align: right"]Strk
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="align: left"]Detroit
[/TD]
[TD]61
[/TD]
[TD]45
[/TD]
[TD].575
[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[TD]34-19
[/TD]
[TD]27-26
[/TD]
[TD]15-11
[/TD]
[TD]24-16
[/TD]
[TD]13-13
[/TD]
[TD] 9-1
[/TD]
[TD]W 5
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row2"]
[TD="align: left"]Cleveland (54)
[/TD]
[TD]60
[/TD]
[TD]48
[/TD]
[TD].556
[/TD]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[TD]37-19
[/TD]
[TD]23-29
[/TD]
[TD]10-20
[/TD]
[TD]27-20
[/TD]
[TD]16-4
[/TD]
[TD] 8-2
[/TD]
[TD]W 8
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="align: left"]Kansas City (51)
[/TD]
[TD]54
[/TD]
[TD]51
[/TD]
[TD].514
[/TD]
[TD]6½
[/TD]
[TD]27-24
[/TD]
[TD]27-27
[/TD]
[TD]14-12
[/TD]
[TD]27-19
[/TD]
[TD]8-14
[/TD]
[TD] 9-1
[/TD]
[TD]W 9
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Gotta give the Tribe credit, Tip. I thought they would've faded by now. Going to be a fun couple of months.

Shaping up as a huge four-gamer starting Monday in Cleveland, should be fun. Hoping the Tribe just got a clunker out of the way last night in Miami.

Miggy out of the line-up again Sunday, resting up for Cleveland probably ... or do you really think he can't go yet?

Also, Indians are skipping Ubaldo on Wednesday, no injury, pretty odd move in early August. Not sure I like it, but Tito's been pushing a lot of the right buttons lately. Will be Danny Salazar on Wednesday.

Tentatively ...

Sanchez-Kluber

Verlander-Masterson

Fister-Salazar

Max-McAllister

Miggy will go. Tigers have had easy schedule last 8 or so. Extended all star break rest.

I personally think both teams are best in AL now. Kc 3rd.

It's on. Can't win a division in August, but you can lose one. (Made that up myself.)

The top contenders in the AL Central have been flexing their muscles lately with the Detroit Tigers winning eight straight and 12 of 13 while the Cleveland Indians have won 10 of 11.
The Tigers have been winning even without Miguel Cabrera and they won't have Jhonny Peralta in the lineup for Monday night's opener of a four-game set in Cleveland.
Peralta, the former Cleveland shortstop, has accepted a 50-game suspension from Major League Baseball for his links to the Biogenesis of America clinic, which was accused of distributing banned performance-enhancing drugs.
Batting .305 with 11 homers and 29 doubles, Peralta's loss could spell trouble for Detroit (64-45), which has a three-game lead over the Indians (62-49).
The Tigers, though, tried to prepare for the expected suspension by acquiring Jose Iglesias from Boston at the trade deadline. He is 2 for 11 with a homer in three games for the Tigers.
Cabrera has started three times in Detroit's last 11 games due to hip and abdominal problems, with the Tigers losing once in that span. He returned from a three-game absence Sunday with a pinch-hit single in the 12th inning and Detroit went on to score the winning run in that frame for a 3-2 victory over the White Sox that capped an 8-0 homestand.
The Tigers haven't been able to gain much separation on the Indians, who have won 11 straight at home for their best streak since a 14-game run April 3-May 10, 2011. That's the same year the Tigers last won nine in a row overall Sept. 2-14.
"They've got a real good team. You know they led the division more games than we did last year," manager Jim Leyland told the Tigers' official website.
Cleveland is one-half game ahead of Texas for the AL's second wild-card slot entering the Tigers' final 2013 visit to Progressive Field.
"I'd rather be 10 up,'' Indians manager Terry Francona said. "But this makes this really exciting. We get to play the best team in our division and see how we can do."
The Tigers have taken nine of 12 meetings, with Cabrera leading the way with five homers and 14 RBIs. Torii Hunter has added 10 RBIs, Victor Martinez is hitting .370 and Andy Dirks has scored a team-high 11 runs.
Michael Brantley leads the Indians with 11 RBIs in the 12 matchups, but no other Cleveland hitter has more than six. Jason Kipnis has struggled in going 10 for 49 (.204) with 17 strikeouts.
"We've got to defend our home territory,'' Brantley said. "We'll see where we stand."
The pitching matchup between right-handers Monday could favor the Tigers based on their history against Cleveland scheduled starter Corey Kluber (7-5, 3.77 ERA), who is 0-2 with a 6.75 ERA in three 2013 matchups
Cabrera is 4 for 8 with three homers against him this year. The Indians have won six straight home starts by Kluber, who is 3-0 with a 2.55 ERA in that span.
Anibal Sanchez (9-7, 2.59) seeks his first three-game win streak for Detroit after allowing two runs over 19 innings over his past three outings. He won his lone start against the Indians on July 6 by allowing one run over five innings in a 9-4 victory to improve to 3-1 with a 1.76 ERA in five outings against them.

Anybody's guess, speculating about the attendance for this series is actually a topic on sports talk radio, lol. I have a feeling the crowds will be pretty good this week. Plus the 5,000+ Tigers fans that always seem to ooze in there.

I'm going down tonight and Thursday night ... I like to bookend 4-game sweeps of the Tigers.

Miggy is back.

Tonight's Tigers lineup

1. CF Austin Jackson
2. RF Torii Hunter
3. 3B Miguel Cabrera
4. 1B Prince Fielder
5. DH Victor Martinez
6. LF Andy Dirks
7. C Alex Avila
8. SS Jose Iglesias
9. 2B Ramon Santiago

Miggy still limping. Stranded guys early. Two great plays by the tribe outfield. 3 outs left...

One game, I yawn at you like Lions yawn at bugs. (That one stung a bit though.)

Back