2013 'Bankrupt Ain't Gun Stop Us-But Jimmay WILL' Detroit Tigers Thread...

still think they would have been better off signing kevin gregg of the cubs, we will get a closer, not worried, just hope we dont have to give up too much like castellanos

Yep. Won't take players, just insane contract absorption to get Pap or Cliff Lee out of Philly if the Phils fade. They'll take Toledo's worst 30-year-old bum and some Little Caesars coupons.

give them credit for the deep deep dish though, its halfway decent

and the hammer at red wings games is the best lil caes pizza around, even if its $13

Out of all the cardboard pizzas, they might be the cardboardiest. Obviously sold a lot of 'em though.

overall, they are terrible, i cant remember the last time i had the hot n ready $5...5 years plus i would assume, garbage

They Finally DFA Valverde...Thought Dombrowski said they're going to try and fix him:dunno:

Last edited:
Disappointed by this sensible move. Benoit will probably be fine. Any rumblings of Smyly getting closing opportunities, or do they like him more in that multi-inning role?

He's going to be a late inning guy now. I think they said Downs moving to middle relief.

from Free Press:

Leyland made clear today that he now considers Smyly a late-inning reliever. He said Darin Downs, who has been used in some late-inning spots, is more likely to be used earlier in games as a long man

Just like the beginning of the season, Leyland has the perfect opportunity to unshackle himself from bullpen roles. Just tell those guys to be ready, don't call us, we'll call you.

Overdue for a standings update in this thread ...

[TABLE="class: data stacked, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: subtitle"]
[TD="colspan: 12"]American League Central[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: label"]
[TD="width: 19%, align: left"]TEAM[/TD]
[TD="width: 5%, align: right"]W[/TD]
[TD="width: 5%, align: right"]L[/TD]
[TD="width: 7%, align: right"]PCT.[/TD]
[TD="width: 7%, align: right"]GB[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]HOME[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]ROAD[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]EAST[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]CENT.[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]WEST[/TD]
[TD="width: 6%, align: right"]L10[/TD]
[TD="width: 6%, align: right"]STRK[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="align: left"]Cleveland[/TD]
[TD]44[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD].537[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]24-15[/TD]
[TD]20-23[/TD]
[TD]8-19[/TD]
[TD]17-13[/TD]
[TD]12-2[/TD]
[TD]7-3[/TD]
[TD]W 4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Detroit[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]43[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]38[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"].531[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]½[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]26-16[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]17-22[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]12-11[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]16-10[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]11-12[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]3-7[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]L 3[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Overdue for a standings update in this thread ...

[TABLE="class: data stacked, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: subtitle"]
[TD="colspan: 12"]American League Central[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: label"]
[TD="width: 19%, align: left"]TEAM[/TD]
[TD="width: 5%, align: right"]W[/TD]
[TD="width: 5%, align: right"]L[/TD]
[TD="width: 7%, align: right"]PCT.[/TD]
[TD="width: 7%, align: right"]GB[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]HOME[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]ROAD[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]EAST[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]CENT.[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%, align: right"]WEST[/TD]
[TD="width: 6%, align: right"]L10[/TD]
[TD="width: 6%, align: right"]STRK[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="align: left"]Cleveland[/TD]
[TD]44[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD].537[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]24-15[/TD]
[TD]20-23[/TD]
[TD]8-19[/TD]
[TD]17-13[/TD]
[TD]12-2[/TD]
[TD]7-3[/TD]
[TD]W 4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Detroit[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]43[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]38[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"].531[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]½[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]26-16[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]17-22[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]12-11[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]16-10[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]11-12[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]3-7[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]L 3[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Lol

I wonder if Verlander's extra pitches the last few seasons are beginning to catch-up to him as he doesn't look the same as he did a couple seasons ago?

At least the Tiger's have a stopper and true ace in Maxx.

never noticed the miggy nod to pitchers after a strike out until he did it do Dickey yesterday and then the showed other times he had done it

pure class

Dickey-Miggy-1.gif

8W4zKgR.gif

I wonder if Verlander's extra pitches the last few seasons are beginning to catch-up to him as he doesn't look the same as he did a couple seasons ago?

At least the Tiger's have a stopper and true ace in Maxx.
Verlanders said he thinks he found his issue in his latest bullpen session

First time in I can't remember, Tribe misses Verlander in a series in this one on deck if the Tigs stay on rotation. Big 4-gamer coming up this weekend, boys, still early but should be fun.

Porcello gets to sit out six games for beaning Ray's Zobrist. I didn't see this play and if anyone has a link to view it, it'd be appreciated. The problem was this started with Rodney going upstairs and nearly adding a welt to Ka-boom's face. When I saw that, I was thinking there's going to be payback. Don't get me wrong, I love my Florida teams but what he did was 100% WRONG!

Verlanders said he thinks he found his issue in his latest bullpen session

schilling laughed this off, citing in 2009 75% of verlanders fastballs were 95mph or higher, this year his rate is at just 25%. said its just a mental thing, but bottom line is he has lost a lot off of it over the years. should be interesting to watch.

never noticed the miggy nod to pitchers after a strike out until he did it do Dickey yesterday and then the showed other times he had done it

pure class

if you notice as well, he will often nod or tip his cap to the pitcher in his first at bat of every game and at times will tip his hat to the dugout of the opposing team in his first at bat quite often. dude is awesome.

remember, anibal sanchez and his great season has been injured during this slide.
Sanchez is a really good pitcher and the Tigers should thank the idiots of Miami for sending him to them along with Omar.
Detroit got to fill two spots while the Marlins, are well ... you know.

if you notice as well, he will often nod or tip his cap to the pitcher in his first at bat of every game and at times will tip his hat to the dugout of the opposing team in his first at bat quite often. dude is awesome.

ya I had always seen the first one, just never noticed the K one

like he's basically saying "you got me" just love that he does it, made me like him more than I all ready did

schilling laughed this off, citing in 2009 75% of verlanders fastballs were 95mph or higher, this year his rate is at just 25%. said its just a mental thing, but bottom line is he has lost a lot off of it over the years. should be interesting to watch.
Verlanders specifically said he found out what he was doing that was making him not have control of his fastball which is probably why his rate is down -- he doesn't have his control and knows it.
also schilling is an assclown

Verlanders specifically said he found out what he was doing that was making him not have control of his fastball which is probably why his rate is down -- he doesn't have his control and knows it.
also schilling is an assclown

agree schilling is an assclown, but he did state facts about the speed of his fastball and the regression over the years. lets see what he brings not just tonight, but going forward. i have faith.

Fireballers always burn out a little faster (except for Nolan Ryan), but not this fast. For whatever reason, Kate Upton maybe, JV hasn't been on his game. I bet he comes around. As an Indians fan, I'll confess to a literal sigh of relief we're missing him this weekend. I'd rather take my chances against Mad Max on Monday.

Back