2013 'Bankrupt Ain't Gun Stop Us-But Jimmay WILL' Detroit Tigers Thread...

Disagree with Stubbs being a better defensive player. Big time.
That being said I wouldn't undo the trade either tho.
stubbs is one of the better center fielders in the game range wise...he'll drop a ball over his head once in a while but gets to a ton.

Choo isn't in Stubbs' league running down a deep fly. He's got a better arm.

I thought Choo airmailed it a few too many X last couple years. Strong arm, wasn't on the money.

STEED thats my man looking good my brother . I love that hat I should let you have my cowboy hat

jCZ49.gif

It's no longer a race. More of a chase. Detroit needn't worry, plenty of wild cards available.

thought this bullpen was unhittable

must be tired from all the covering for starters they do, cant wait til july

nope of course not, cuz papa is automatic

good game cleveland maybe usucko wont throw 100 pitches in 4 innings or is that kazmir i think of...well same thing

have to say I'm a bit shocked by the sparse crowd for the 1st place tribe. Place looks empty

have to say I'm a bit shocked by the sparse crowd for the 1st place tribe. Place looks empty

i actually give those fans credit, they know this is just false hope, why waste their $$ on gas can pitching that is going to sap their amazing pen within the next 60 days.

he got hit up pretty decently but had more working last night than previous two starts....seemed like in the 5th he was trying to rush to beat the rain and Santana ripped him pretty good. his 9ks show he still has some stuff and the fact that he went out after an hour rain delay and got two guys out for the Dub should be confidence building. pretty sure he could have went another inning. tribe can hit, no doubt, fun team to watch play, their weakness is huge though.

nevertheless, brooms.....

Not a baseball town, and the fans are jaded. Season ticket base has dropped from 20,000+ to 5-6000 over the last 15 or so years. Crowds weren't TERRIBLE on that homestand, lower deck and bleachers were pretty full, but lots of Tiger fans in town, as usual. Remember, last year the Tribe was within a couple games of first at the end of July and the crowds were still bad even that late in the season. Then August happened.

Verlanders going back out for 2 outs so he could get a W was fucking stupid. Risk an injury in a game in May for a stupid stat

I was awfully surprised when he came back out there, that was what, an hour rain delay? Not sure I've seen that before. Worked out though.

far from unprecedented though i cant say i agree with it at all....tim hudson did something similar night prior though he was about 60-70 pitches in after a 90 minute rain delay.

i know because i had to play both in fantasy and said figures

Back