2013 'Bankrupt Ain't Gun Stop Us-But Jimmay WILL' Detroit Tigers Thread...

Ahh, the old wind tunnel theory. And all weekend I thought they just had crappier pitching than Texas.

You guys have to admit, once a Detroit starter exits, all bets are off. That bullpen is awful.

No doubt tip. If its the 6th innning and someone's pc is over or near 100 I'm sweatin. Especially on the road.

Nah steed I think u guys are legit. No jinx either.

Tigers get desperate in July I can see them dealing Porcello or high level minor league guy for relief pitching. I'm with guys that want relief help.

I like Al, smyly, benoit sometimes. Coke is strictly for lefties.

Sinkerball, ground ball pitcher..fit in the NL much better imo. But boy when that sinker is off against a power team its lights out.

He's only 22 I believe.

Quite a few outfield prospects omonk. Always trade prospects for proven players anyways imo.

John Smoltz for Doyle Alexander was an exception rather than the rule.

Vazquez, Moya, Collins. Few dudes down there. Tuiassasopo, Garcia, Dirks. I'm talking a prime seller at trade deadline. Dump prospects, get some solid relievers, maybe a closer.

I am tip. I believe in the Indians unlike last year. Good coaching changes the whole culture.

I'll buy the Indians, Hunt, but I think it's 99% new players and 1% Tito.

You do realize that last year's opening day left fielder was Shelley Duncan, last year's opening day 1B was Casey Kotchman, last year's opening day 3B was Jack Hanahan, and last year's opening day DH was Travis Hafner? Bullpen was also less fortified. Tito wouldn't have won with that team either, amazing what Acta squeezed out of that bunch.

I know its a new team tip. What I meant was new players...solid players I might add are meshing well together with a good coaching staff who has a winning culture.

Kind of like Leyland when he first started in Detroit before the payroll went thru the roof.

Stubbs has been pretty good. Effortless outfield play and good production in the 9 hole. That trade is a landslide in Cleveland's favor, considering they weren't going to sign Choo. Albers, Shaw, Stubbs and Bauer. Antonetti earned his stripes this past winter. Aviles and Yan Gomes for Esmil Rogers, that didn't suck either.

Hunt, I will concede that bringing Tito in may have drawn some free agents. Not sure Swisher, Bourn or Reynolds would have come to play for Sandy Alomar.

Stubbs has been pretty good. Effortless outfield play and good production in the 9 hole. That trade is a landslide in Cleveland's favor, considering they weren't going to sign Choo. Albers, Shaw, Stubbs and Bauer. Antonetti earned his stripes this past winter. Aviles and Yan Gomes for Esmil Rogers, that didn't suck either.
lol I think the Reds are OK with their end and his .473 OBP in the 1 hole.

Some trades work out both ways. Choo seemed a fan favorite on my visit to Cincy. That was not the guy we had in 2011-2012, he had something rattling around upstairs.

Other than a breather against the Yankees, bit of a gauntlet over the next month or so ...

[TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: row1"]
[TD]DET
7:05
DET
@BOS
7:10
@BOS
@BOS
1:35
@BOS
1:35
@CIN
1:10
@CIN
CIN
CIN
TB

<tbody>
[TD="colspan: 1"] [/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[TD="width: 335"][TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: title"]
[TD="colspan: 7, align: left"]June 2013[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: label"]
[TD]S[/TD]
[TD]M[/TD]
[TD]T[/TD]
[TD]W[/TD]
[TD]R[/TD]
[TD]F[/TD]
[TD]S[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="colspan: 6"] [/TD]
[TD]1
TB
1:05[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2
TB
[TD]3
@NYY
7:05[/TD]
[TD]4
@NYY
[TD]5
@NYY
[TD]6
[/TD]
[TD]7
@DET
7:08[/TD]
[TD]8
@DET
4:08[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]9
@DET
1:08[/TD]
[TD]10
@TEX
8:05[/TD]
[TD]11
@TEX
[TD]12
@TEX
[TD]13
[/TD]
[TD]14
WAS
[TD]15
WAS
7:15[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]16
WAS
[TD]17
KC
[TD]18
KC
[TD]19
KC
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Yeah, they're not scary. When they get those old goats back, they'll be even less scary.

Don't like that 2-and-2 back-to-back home-away with Cincy in the middle of the week, that's sort of unprecedented. Used to like the three here, three there, both series on weekends.

Don't like that 2-and-2 back-to-back home-away with Cincy in the middle of the week, that's sort of unprecedented. Used to like the three here, three there, both series on weekends.
yea....basically battle of ohio is dead it appears....maybe the I-71 World Series will liven that back up

The I-71 Series has crossed my mind in recent days, I'd be in 7th heaven. Would attend every game. OK, even I have to say I'm getting ahead of myself here. Go Kluber.

I like his speed and athleticism but the fucker needs a better OB% than .300 to maximize any way he can help.

Wouldn't take that trade back. Choo and his agent had big eyes. We get Bauer. Bullpen's fortified. Stubbs is a better defensive player.

Disagree with Stubbs being a better defensive player. Big time.
That being said I wouldn't undo the trade either tho.

Back