2012 - 2013 Offseason Thread

Hamilton is a slightly faster Stubbs with a worse bat who has played CF for about a month

most overrated player in minor league baseball until they change the rule about being able to steal first

slightly faster lol

thats silly come on now, no power but scouts say he will get on base and his hitting can is stilll improving

with that speed he can be a singles hitter and have a huge impact

but this trade makes no sense

he's Boras so like you said, no extension is being done, they aren't in a win now either

that being said, losing Stubbs is a gain, I thought he would have at least 2-3 less of his 1.3 WAR last year

Didi could be good though

if that happens too

there will be a rush on average and below average LHP in the NL, 2 auto outs in him and Howard

Heyman said the Phils talked about Dom Brown for Alfonso Soriano but appear to be settling on Cody Ross

kill me now
why the fuck would anyone want Alfonso Soriano?!? He is a brutal outfielder, is getting way up in age, K's a ton.. fuck him

Indians, Reds, D'Backs discussing mega-deal

315.jpg

According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, there's a three-team trade currently being discussed between the Indians, Reds and Diamondbacks.

Shin-Soo Choo would be headed to Cincinnati. Drew Stubbs, Didi Gregorius and Asdrubal Cabrera are also thought to be involved. It's not clear what the Diamondbacks would give up, though it's been rumored that they're open to trading young pitcher Trevor Bauer and he would fit nicely into Cleveland's current list of needs. There should be more information soon.
Source: Paul Hoynes on Twitter
Dec 11 - 5:22 PM

Good god am i ecstatic..... i won't have to hear " Votto at the plate, nobody on and two outs" every freakin day....excited as hell about Choo

@MissEnquirer: RT @Ken_Rosenthal: Source: #Indians to send #Reds approximately $3.5M to account for differences in projected salaries between Choo, Stubbs.

Choo really hasn't been quite the same player since 2010. Couple injuries to the fingers and wrist, DUI in 2011 affected him, seemed a little frustrated here, head not in the game. Even his defense suffered. Still a young guy, maybe a change of scenery and contract year will light a fire. Seems they got more for him now in the three-teamer than they could have at last year's deadline and he was as good as gone after 2013, so not too sorry to seem him go. Gonna miss Tony Sipp.

Back