2012 - 2013 Offseason Thread

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
Toronto_Blue_Jays_1977.png

Chooch suspended 25 games for Adderall

Dodgers are gonna blow everyone away for Greinke

2 things about that - thank god we signed Hamels last year or hed be getting $200 mil from them this week and I cant wait until our TV contract gets redone next year....

Phils traded 2 as of yet unknown prospects to HOU for Wilton Lopez (pending a physical)

Braves sign BJ Upton (pending a physical)

im ok with that. A. i never wnat to see them pay for relievers, whether its with prospects or with big bucks. Look at the saves leaders last year. These guys are so inconsistent and come out of nowhere. Three ways to build a pen, imo:

farm system
small contracts on guys who had a bad year but who your organization thinks is better than the #s showed
failed starting pitching prospects

Also, I don't like guys who were relievers on shitty teams and did well. Look at Melancon last year for Boston. You gotta wonder how many times these guys were in games with the opponents up 4 or 5 so they arent 100% focused every at bat.

This wont kill the offseason, and not signing Upton was huge. I wouldnt hate Hamilton as much as some, but Pagans the guy I want, and Id try like hell to pry Denard Span from Minny

They lost like 12 games they led in the 8th inning last year

Lopez would have been huge - he was proven, scouts love him and he would be making like $1.5 million

especially for 2 guys who will have zero impact on the major league team at any point during their careers

So apparently the fall back options are Mike Adams (would probly take something like 3/21) or Brandon Lyon (who sucks)

Still cool with that trade falling through??

jesus christ Lyon is qualls 2.0. Adams is good but so pricey. There have to be better options out there. Talent for relievers isnt always in big names.

Nats get Span for Alex Meyer

Brings Bourns price down a bit Id say?

Dexter Fowler is supposedly available in a trade...

David Wright signed his 8 year extension.

Russell Martin a pirate

Jason Grilli apparently drawing interest as a closer

Nats interested in Greinke? That would be a ridiculous staff

David Wright signed his 8 year extension.

Russell Martin a pirate

Jason Grilli apparently drawing interest as a closer

Nats interested in Greinke? That would be a ridiculous staff

the problem with sports today ....signing like martins ....declining avg 6 straight seasons , hit .211 and gets a raise! 5.5 mil over 2 years......so out of touch w reality.......guy should be happy to get 2 yrs 6 million............was just 25 years ago the highest player made 3 million....

and of course the blockbuster signings usually are terrible

Ruben Amaro Jr. talks about Josh Hamilton without talking about Josh Hamilton
"We didn’t really a Plan A," Amaro said. "We had like 10 Plan B’s because, to be frank with you, I just didn’t think that the marketplace was all that strong in the beginning. There was not a comparable to Papelbon out there. There really wasn’t. There were some good players out there, and there still are some good players out there, but I don’t know there’s a difference maker. Maybe one.

Is he on that difference maker?

"Come on," Amaro said. "Next question."

LMAO - and I want a blow job from Kate Upton

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- ESPNBoston.com's Joe McDonald reports that Red Sox GM Ben Cherington met with Sandy Alderson on Monday, and that the Mets have asked for top Red Sox prospects Jackie Bradley Jr. and shortstop Xander Boegarts in a trade for R.A. Dickey.

LMAO - and I want a blow job from Kate Upton

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- ESPNBoston.com's Joe McDonald reports that Red Sox GM Ben Cherington met with Sandy Alderson on Monday, and that the Mets have asked for top Red Sox prospects Jackie Bradley Jr. and shortstop Xander Boegarts in a trade for R.A. Dickey.

lol I saw this

absolutely hilarious

Cherington must have been so pissed off he just released the offer

Rumor mill has Hamilton going back to Texas, Victorino going to Boston or Cleveland and Bourn going to Seattle

We be fucked.

that Lee/Upton trade is crazy, Philly doesn't even have any prospects they could throw in to make it interesting

although after looking at the trades Zona has made so far this winter they probably throw in Bauer to push it through

Mariners interested in Dee Gordon

Wilton Lopez traded to the Rockies for Alex White

Scutaro 3 years/20 mil to stay with Giants

Rays acquire Yunel Escobar

Indians, D-Backs talk Asdrubal-for-Bauer swap

4013.jpg

Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com reports that the Indians and Diamondbacks have talked about a possible Asdrubal Cabrera-for-Trevor Bauer swap.

The two clubs have been in talks for about two weeks and they appear to have escalated at the Winter Meetings, though it's not clear if a deal is close. However, both sides would get want they want here, as the Diamondbacks want a shortstop and the Indians would love to turn Cabrera into some younger pieces with upside. Bauer struggled in his first taste of the majors in 2012 and some in the organization appeared to have soured on him, but he has a chance to be an impact arm.

Back