2009 Thursday Night College Football Lineup

trainwreck42

Pretty much a regular
There are a couple Saturday night games mixed in and there are a few Thursday night games to be determined. Looks like the Big East doesn't own Thursday nights anymore. To their credit they did put up some really good games the last couple years. However this schedule looks pretty good. No offense to S. Carolina fans but I'm so sick of starting off the season watching your team. Spurrier is overrated and it's a game against a boring team. They could put this game on week 4 or something like that and I wouldn't care. I wish they bring back the days of the Kickoff Classic where they had 1 game the 1st week of the season against 2 top notch programs.

ESPN's 2009 college football schedule

<table><thead> <tr><th>Date</th> <th>Game Matchup</th> <th>Time (ET)</th> <th>Network</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="last"> <td>Thu., Sept. 3</td> <td>South Carolina at NC State</td> <td>7 or 7:30 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Mon., Sept. 5</td> <td>Miami at Florida State</td> <td>8 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Thu., Sept. 10</td> <td>Clemson at Georgia Tech</td> <td>7:30 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Sat., Sept. 12</td> <td>USC at Ohio State</td> <td>8 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Thu., Sept. 17</td> <td>Georgia Tech at Miami</td> <td>7:30 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Sat., Sept. 19</td> <td>Texas Tech at Texas</td> <td>8 p.m.</td> <td>ABC</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Thu., Sept. 24</td> <td>Ole Miss at South Carolina</td> <td>7:30 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Thu., Oct. 1</td> <td>Colorado at West Virginia</td> <td>7:30 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Thu., Oct. 8</td> <td>Nebraska at Missouri</td> <td>9 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Thu., Oct. 22</td> <td>Florida State at North Carolina</td> <td>8 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Thu., Oct. 29</td> <td>North Carolina at Virginia Tech</td> <td>7:30 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Thu., Nov. 5</td> <td>Virginia Tech at East Carolina</td> <td>7:30 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Thu., Nov. 19</td> <td>Colorado at Oklahoma State</td> <td>7:30 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Thu., Nov. 26</td> <td>Texas at Texas A&M</td> <td>8 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Thu., Dec. 3</td> <td>Oregon State at Oregon</td> <td>9 p.m.</td> <td>ESPN
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Thanks for this post , trainwreck.

i think ncstate is going to be a decent club next year so i am not unhappy to see that game ....it's watching games like colorado getting butt-raped by okie st that will bore me..... o rtexas stomping tamu.

looks like a lot of ACC football this year.

schedule looks pretty decent all in all so far ....

interesting road revenge game for vatech

I don't have a problem with that game being on Thursday night primetime. I agree with you NC state will be good, this should be a more competitive game than last year. I'm just sick of seeing the same team on the CFB primetime opener for 4 years in a row. I don't see the problem with having some variety. I think if they put for example the BYU/OK game at the Cowboys stadium in that slot it would get a bigger rating.

I'm glad they put the Civil War on ESPN. Always a good game.

ESPN didn't do Ole Miss any favors by making that game @ South Carolina on Thursday Night.

I wouldn't mind seeing NCST/SC moved to Sat and UGA/Ok St being Thurs
Thank you.

Georgia has a mean looking schedule this year.

09/05 -at Oklahoma State
image-990594-10282122

09/12 -South Carolina
image-990594-10282122

09/19 -at Arkansas
image-990594-10282122

09/26 -Arizona State
image-990594-10282122

10/03 -LSU
image-990594-10282122

10/10 -at Tennessee
image-990594-10282122

10/17 -at Vanderbilt
image-990594-10282122

10/31 - Florida
11/07 -Tennessee Tech
image-990594-10282122

11/14 -Auburn
image-990594-10282122

11/21 -Kentucky
image-990594-10282122

11/28 -at Georgia Tech
image-990594-10282122

true but wvu taking a big step backwards next year.

Right, but don't you think unless Colorado takes like four steps forward that game has trainwreck written all over it for the Buffs?

It's one thing to go in there on a Saturday, but at night on national TV?

I think WVU is going to be better than expected but that was before Jock Sanders got his latest DUI.

Well WV's head coach makes as many stupid decisions as he did in last years game it won't matter that he has home field advantage on a Thursday night game.

I think WVU is going to be better than expected but that was before Jock Sanders got his latest DUI.

Naming your kid "Jock" really sets him up for failure.

I hope like hell for Colorado's sake that they have a bye the week before WVU. Talk about a horrible spot. Traveling across the country on a short week for a Thursday night game? They have to have a bye I'd think

Naming your kid "Jock" really sets him up for failure.

Growing up I played on a traveling baseball team with twins named Jock and Spike

Back