2008 CTG Fantasy FB League I ONLY

definitely fractional points. as bad as ties are, whats worse is that someone with 100 yards ties someone with 109 yards

Couple quick questions
  1. How is the point system, i.e. 6pts for every td, 1pt for ever 10 yards after 100,100,300. Is this a PPR league?
  2. Are trades allowed during the draft?
  3. Have we settled on a FA/Waivers P/U's yet?
  4. Does the league vote on any/all trades made?
  5. Flex player means, I can start a RB/WR/QB at that position correct?

1. The point system was posted in another thread from last year. I dunno if Jump changed anything. I think it's 4 points per passing td and its not ppr.

2. You could agree on a draft day trade, it just needs to be finalized on the website.

3. Dunno

4. Yes league votes on all trades. Last year I think we may have had 1 trade, that's it.

5. Flex is anything but a QB, K, or D.

OK..this league is set up...PM w/payment details will go out in a few to all 11 of you..I have to have payment by the 27th for you to compete..

Because I'm such a nice guy
icon6.gif
, I purchased the plus addition for the league...I'm playing poker later tonight so I'll win back the 125 then..lol

Please everyone respond that you received the pm w/ the payment details and send me your yahoo ID's....once I get a response and I'll send the league invite.

Cool, thanks. What's some of the extra features?

I vote for option 1. With reverse draft order and then losing your waiver position after each successful claim.

If more than one manager claims the same player, the team that's highest on the Waiver Priority List is given the rights to the player. The priority list is initially set based on the reverse of the draft order. However, each time you add a waived player to your roster, you're pushed to the back of the list, so the team with the lowest waiver priority will always be the team that completed the last successful waiver claim. This "rolling" list stays in effect for the entire season.

All unowned players will be placed on waivers at 9:55 am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59 pm PT on Tuesday. This setting applies only to players who are free agents when games begin Sunday morning. All players dropped to waivers will be subject to the league's normal waiver process.

I vote for option 1. With reverse draft order and then losing your waiver position after each successful claim.

If more than one manager claims the same player, the team that's highest on the Waiver Priority List is given the rights to the player. The priority list is initially set based on the reverse of the draft order. However, each time you add a waived player to your roster, you're pushed to the back of the list, so the team with the lowest waiver priority will always be the team that completed the last successful waiver claim. This "rolling" list stays in effect for the entire season.

All unowned players will be placed on waivers at 9:55 am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59 pm PT on Tuesday. This setting applies only to players who are free agents when games begin Sunday morning. All players dropped to waivers will be subject to the league's normal waiver process.

I don't like this rolling list. There's a lot of luck involved. It's possible the #1 team in the league could land a huge waiver player if they are first in the order.

I like option 3:

Waiver priority is determined in reverse order of the league's standings. Under this option, all waiver claims will be processed based on the league's standings with no rolling effect. This allows teams lower in the standings to successfully claim multiple players.

This keeps the league competitive. There's always a few teams that get killed by injuries. So, they should have first dibs on waivers.

no way believe. screw keeping it competitive. why would you want to punish somebody for doing well?

waivers should be set opposite draft position and then only changed on a waiver aquisition. hold your #1 spot as long as you like, or give it up early for a certain player

case in point. i went 13-0 last year but lost the 1st round of the playoffs because i couldn't ever pick anyone up off the wire. at the end of the season, my closest competitors were picking up guys just so i couldn't.

case in point. i went 13-0 last year but lost the 1st round of the playoffs because i couldn't ever pick anyone up off the wire. at the end of the season, my closest competitors were picking up guys just so i couldn't.

My live league solves this problem easily. Absolutely NO TRANSACTIONS after the final week of the regular season. The roster you take into the playoffs is your final roster no matter what injuries occur.

I'm not opposed to option 2 either:

There's a weekly rolling waiver priority list based on league standings. This means that waiver claims will be done in reverse order of standings, but each successful claim moves the team to the end of the waiver priority list.

So you can only get 1 player.

I don't think that we should punish people who have done good. What happens if your #1 back goes down in week 9 and somebody grabs the back up and you have waited all year to make a pick up. Don't punish bad play, we should reward good play.

I guess ultimately we can take a vote......

yep in the beginning you reward the worst draft positions... from there on out, you reward patient managers that don't make so many transactions.

there's no way to keep luck out of it. if pick #5's top RB goes out week 1, he's probably not gonna get the backup. but pick #12 will be at the back of the line all year because he picked up the backup for 3 weeks.

Whoe is interesed in pre determining the draft position....That way we can introduce trade offers and no where we stand in the draft order. This would further facilitate more appropriate researcing.

If so, how do we predetermine? Random number generator based on the list of teams. The commish could do it and maybe we watch on the message board?

Whoe is interesed in pre determining the draft position....That way we can introduce trade offers and no where we stand in the draft order. This would further facilitate more appropriate researcing.

If so, how do we predetermine? Random number generator based on the list of teams. The commish could do it and maybe we watch on the message board?

It's not possible on the regular YAHOO! leagues. I don't know about Plus leagues. Regular YAHOO! drafts are pre-determined about 30mins before draft time. Most of the guys are usually in the chat room 15-30mins before the draft anyway, so you can discuss trades at that point.

I Think in the plus leauge you can probably set the draft order. If so is anyone interested in predetermining to draft order?

Lets get with Jump then and set up a method.....I wonder if the yahoo plus allows you to set it randomly now....I'll send him a pm and see what he says.....

Everyone needs to send their email to jump to set it up if he approves....It shouldnt be a problem as far as yahoo goes, its a customizable option within the commish's settings........Should be cool....

I talked with jump and we can do it. Everyone needs to send him your email address so he can use the draft generator, if not he can just post the results on the message board.

Everyone wants a Snake draft correct?

My email is troutman3000@yahoo.com

It's an option with the plus league...

Looks like we have a majority already...Once everyone registers in the league with the info I've sent you, I'll use your yahoo ID's/email addy's in the generator.

I think I should automatically get first pick. I've been in five CTG leagues and have gotten last pick in 4 out of 5 leagues.

Two of those baseball leagues had 14 guys in it.

What are the freakin odds of that?

OK,

Sure Horn......If I get the first pick we can work a trade or something....I think this year its almost better to be 1-5 or 10-12...thats just my opinion..Good Luck.

def snake, and i'd like to get my pick early.

can't register at work, as they blocked all yahoo fantasy. will do it after 5

well I meant players are put on waivers immediately after games start on sunday, making them only avail. after waivers clear on tuesday...Same thing, different way of saying it.

waivers mean they are not free agents, which means everybody when they are playing over the week end...Free agents do not affect your waiver position.

right. so you can put in your claims at any time after the game start before tuesday. then on wednesday or thursday or whenever, all non claims are free agents. anyone dropped is put on a waiver wire for another couple days, right?

that's the best solution i think.

thats right....Thats the way it will probably be set up if there is a majority interest, which there seems to be..

Back