08/09 Preseason thread

so just to get it out there before my computer fucks up: leans are: Charlotte (hoping for 5- if I get it I'll be on it 1 unit), New Jersey (if I really get 5 I'll go 2 units, other-wise likely a small dog- 1 unit) Stons (guestimating -3, will play up to -5 which it won't be, a dog will be 2 units, so likely just 1 unit on stons)

actually come think, and after tuck's thread reminder, Boston may not even play their starters. Last time when they had a b2b the big 3 had each less than 10 minutes each- with rondo getting 13 minutes. from that game:

I really hadn’t planned on playing Kevin and those guys at all tonight,” Rivers said. “But I thought because we’re right here down the road the fans needed to see them a little bit. And they got a chance to see the other guy, LeBron, who is pretty good, too. I thought they got their money’s worth.”

now on the road, not sure he'll feel obligated to let the fans see the big 3.

last yr oct 20: vs philly: KG and PP sit, Ray played 30 minutes. Next game Oct 22 at NY: Big 3 and Rondo each play 40 minutes in a loss which created the rivalry- which was followed by the 50 pt beating boston put on NY, followed by the mini-brawl

well fuck. Sat around waiting... And got fucked. Plays for the day:

Charlotte +3.5- 1 unit
Detroit -4- 1 unit
New jersey +2.5- 3 units

May buy back a unit when big 3 are anounced out :)
Got fd by charlotte line
Done for day- need some sleep

yahoo:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left> T. Allen </TD><TD class=player>G </TD><TD>0:00</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=player align=left> R. Rondo </TD><TD class=player>G </TD><TD>0:00</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left> K. Perkins </TD><TD class=player>C </TD><TD>0:00</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=player align=left> J.R. Giddens </TD><TD class=player>F </TD><TD>0:00</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left> L. Powe </TD><TD class=player>F </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ok well fuck me. Yesterday Memphis +2.5 down 1 with 10 ticks left- wafer hits a fallaway three at the shot clock buzzer. Today, Detroit up 3 with ball, 4 secs left- 90% ft shooter billups splits em giving me a push. Then, a whole minute later, +2.5 down 2 with the ball and 8 secs left- cdr loses it sending giddens to the line who can't make a ft for his life his preseason, but he makes it to beat me. Fuck

ok hm well only leans are Wash, Indiana, Sacramento. Sac's preseason is half over- meaning the starters will start playing more. A team of Udrih, Martin, Salmons, Moore, Miller, Garcia, Hawes gettoing 30+ minutes should do the trick and be able to beat Houston who got reallly lucky last game shootin 60+% from 3. If no Tmac/Yao- may play Sac. Sac may also give a little revenge on bailout Artest.

Washington was absolutely embarassed last game, look for them to bounce back with a purpose for playing.

Everyone for Indiana should be back, so that lineup is solid (Ford, Dunleavy, Granger, Murphy, Foster- bench of Jack, Rush, Daniels, Rasho, Hibbert.)

Dunleavy, Murphy and Daniels wouldn't have played many minutes in the first four preseason games because that time would have gone to young players such as Brandon Rush, Roy Hibbert and Josh McRoberts.
Things are about to change, though.
O'Brien plans to treat the final four preseason games more like the regular season because he wants to settle on a playing rotation. He acknowledged that will be "difficult" if players are still out with injuries.

As far as expected lines:
New Orleans -6.5
Indiana -4 (will play up to 6)
Boston -6.5
Denver -3.5 (depending on who's in for Phoenix-nash, barbosa, amare)
Utah -2
Houston -5 (pending tmac/yao)
GS -4

honestly dont know what to expect regarding Barbosa. I read reports that he missed out on a lot and has a lot to catch up on. Especially since there is a new system in place don't think Barbosa will know much what to do, and considering he'll be playing floor general, don't think that bodes too well for Phoenix. Also, with SHaq out? as far as proven players phoenix has: Barbosa, Bell, Hill Diaw, with Lopez, Barnes, Dragic, Amundson likely getting backup. I think Nene is back. As far as minutes before the Utah game, Karl was quoted to saying he'd be trying to get his players in regular rotation with players getting around 30 minutes per. Don't see why we wouldnt do the same today. However, I do not know about AI.

ugh despite ugly record, from the past I still fully expect to get into the + by tip. a missed/made FT here and there and I'd easily be up. ie: If chauncey/CDR scored I'd already be up on the season. went out of control going 3 on NJ. Real surprised no line move on Jersey by tip with the big 3 announcement. Hopefully ball bounces my way the remainder of this X-season

NBA
NBA - Oct 17
NBA PRESEASON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17TH
501]HORNETS VS 502]WIZARDS GAME BEING PLAYED AT PALAU SANT JORI - BARCELONA, SPAIN
12:35 PM
501 NEW ORLEANS -6-110

502 WASHINGTON +6-110

4:05 PM
503 MEMPHIS +3½-110

504 INDIANA -3½-110

4:35 PM
505 NEW YORK +7½-110

506 BOSTON -7½-110

507]SUNS VS 508]NUGGETS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE CARRIER DOME - SYRACUSE, NY
4:35 PM
507 PHOENIX +5-110

508 DENVER -5-110

509]JAZZ VS 510]BULLS GAME BEING PLAYED AT ASSEMBLY HALL CHAMPAIGN, IL
5:35 PM
509 UTAH -2-110

510 CHICAGO +2-110

5:35 PM
511 SACRAMENTO +5-110

512 HOUSTON -5-110

513]BUCKS VS 514]WARRIORS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BEIJING OLYMPIC BASKETBALL ARENA-BEIJING, CHI
8:35 PM
513 MILWAUKEE +1½-110

514 GOLDEN STATE -1½-110

As far as expected lines:
New Orleans -6.5
Indiana -4 (will play up to 6)
Boston -6.5
Denver -3.5 (depending on who's in for Phoenix-nash, barbosa, amare)
Utah -2
Houston -5 (pending tmac/yao)
GS -4

not too bad. only line I'm glaringly wrong on is the GS game which is expected homerism. Denver line and Boston line higher than I thought a bit

and like magic! all the lines that I had as off, move by 1/2 point so far:

Spread Money Line Total Points More
Fri 10/17 501 New Orleans Hornets -6.5 -102
12:35 PM 502 Washington Wizards +6.5 -108
Fri 10/17 503 Memphis Grizzlies +3.5 -105
04:05 PM 504 Indiana Pacers -3.5 -105
Fri 10/17 505 New York Knicks +7 -105
04:35 PM 506 Boston Celtics -7 -105
Fri 10/17 507 Phoenix Suns +4.5 -110
04:35 PM 508 Denver Nuggets -4.5 +100
Fri 10/17 509 Utah Jazz -2 -112
05:35 PM 510 Chicago Bulls +2 +102
Fri 10/17 511 Sacramento Kings +5 -105
05:35 PM 512 Houston Rockets -5 -105
Fri 10/17 513 Milwaukee Bucks +2 -103
08:35 PM 514 Golden State Warriors -2 -107

"The Suns will likely be missing three starters when they conclude their two-game preseason road trip tonight in Syracuse, N.Y., against the Denver Nuggets. Suns general manager Steve Kerr said both Shaquille O'Neal (preventative) and Steve Nash (sprained ankle) would join Amaré Stoudemire on the sidelines for the fifth of eight preseason games. O'Neal didn't play in Wednesday's 102-100 win over Atlanta Wednesday and Kerr said O'Neal needs rest after taking part in every practice and game for the first 2 1/2 weeks of camp. "His legs are a little beat up and we don't want to run the guy into the ground in October," Kerr said. "He's done every drill and every scrimmage and he needs a break. ..."

I can't go against how deep NOK is... and how bad and banged up Washington is... likely last play on pre-season if it loses but I'm going w/ cp3.

wow. Pinny has 194.5 as a total for Memphis and Indiana. That is EXTREMELY LOW. wooooow

503 Memphis Grizzlies +3.5 -105 +144 OVER 194.5 -110

I thought it would be set at 203ish and took it play list. wowz... i'm horrible with totals, but this one seems just off

and of course- not having pinny fucks me again: in a matter of minutes:

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="LINE-HEIGHT: 1.5em; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(243,243,243); FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: none" class=AD2><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 3px">Memphis Grizzlies</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 3px">+3.5 -105</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 3px">+144</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 3px">OVER 200 -105</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Chris Quinn practiced Wednesday after missing both games in Europe because of an injured ankle.
Spoelstra said Quinn made an immediate impact in 5-on-5 drills. ''You could see it right away,'' Spoelstra said. ``There's a tempo to when he's out there.''
Spoelstra said Dorell Wright and Haslem also practiced and should be ready for Saturday. James Jones did not practice and is listed as day-to-day.

Turkoglu left in the first quarter with a sore right groin and did not return. He is listed day-to-day.

Wilks appeared to have some sort of right leg injury, being helped off the floor in the fourth quarter.
We don't know exactly but it doesn't look good," Coach Stan Van Van Gundy said of Wilks. "It really puts a damper on the day."

The Magic were already playing without Johnson (eye abrasion) and Battie (fractured finger).

Van Gundy almost immediately pulled starters Rashard Lewis and Mickael Pietrus to avoid furth attrition.

My guess- Orlando starters do not play much while Miami plays its asses off- sad thing is- will that make a difference? Guessing we see a line somewhere along the lines of Orlando -5.5. lean miami, but not sure

In the final three games of the preseason, Popovich methodically will extend the playing time of all his veteran players, including Duncan.
“I wanted to get Tim into the third quarter tonight,” he said. “Next week we'll get him into the fourth quarter.”

ok semi- breakdown:
Atlanta @ Charlotte: Atlanta not too good with Acie in starters lineup esp not with Smith as SF. However against charlotte him matched up against Wallace may not hurt them too much. Looks like Bibby may play. Charlotte lost to them in buzzer erarlier this week.. Charlotte showed some ability to get things done in their loss to Orlando. However, with them idgging so deep in the 2nd H, have to think they have 15 players playing again, and each starters getting like 20 minutes. No Play. gun to head atlanta if bibby plays. Guessing Atlanta -1.5

Philly @ Cleveland
Cleveland has not been playin anyone any serious minutes, while Philly looks like they set into their rotation only playing 9 players last game with starters getting 30+. AI may be able to contain Lebron for a quarter. Liking Philly. I think I'd play em up to -3.5, but doubt it gets that high. Guessing line comes out Philly -1

Toronto @ LAC
The room for experimentation in the Clippers' preseason lab expanded a bit more when point guard Baron Davis sprained the ring finger on his left hand at practice Friday.

Davis will sit out both of the Clippers' preseason games this weekend at Staples Center, starting with this afternoon's game against Toronto. The finger was not broken, according to X-rays.

I don't know how but the Clips are 3-0 in preseason. Toronto has more talent and dont thin ktheyll play starters much. toss up imo. guessing spread toronto -1. no lean

Orlando gainst Miami in Veterans Memorial Arena (jacksonville)
Orlandos talent has been extremely showin. Miami just finding ways to lose, so although 0-3, have been very competitive all 3 and each came down the the last seconds. Orlando may be cautionary after two injuries last game. Wanna see the line. Expect around Orlando -4, but Miami at +5 or higher may just get me to bite

Utah @ Chicago
Like Utah. Don't think Chicago shoots 91% from the line and Utah shoots 60%. Rose is ? Simply, just want to fade Chicago at a short number until they show me that I shouldn't. expecting Utah -2.5/3

Indi @ SA
SA to play starters a bit more which should mean oqnage. however, indiana is a very surprising team. Indi on a b2b, DUnleavy should play over 12 min, Murphy back. Should be a good game, and I'm guessing a line of around SA -6.5 in which I I'd like Indiana. However, likely won't be on it as SA has been dominating. 2 losses to Houston and NO with pretty much no one playing, but kept it closish. Then two kills over detroit and cleveland. expect SA -6.5. no lean

Sacramento @ Dallas
Sac should play rotation playersa more, but on a b2b dunno if they pack it in if they get down. Dallas should roll here imo. Estimating Dallas -6, and I may lay it. Unsure

Dalembert, and Brand expeected to miss tonights game. FYI. Funny thing is only Ind standsout for me tonight. And maybe orl under.

Btw, any word on Gerald Wallace and turk? both of them got injured the last game.

Back