Your top 4 before 'Selection Sunday' and a personal take as well...

Jesse Palmer made some good points. Oklahoma State would win the Big Ten division Wisky won. Wisconsin did not even play Michigan State. Literally Wisconsin played a regular season schedule of sucky big ten minus Ohio State and Michigan State. Wisconsin SHOULD of been undefeated going into the championship if they were any good.

How many wins does Minnesota have in the big twelve ? I don't care if they have 8 wins they are not as good as West Virginia or Oklahoma

Stonger conference supercedes weak nonconference. You play more teams in your conference. But in fairness this is not a fluke for Baylor they don't even attempt to schedule nonconference.

Wake forest is Baylors strongest non conference opponent in the last decade

Jesse Palmer made some good points. Oklahoma State would win the Big Ten division Wisky won. Wisconsin did not even play Michigan State. Literally Wisconsin played a regular season schedule of sucky big ten minus Ohio State and Michigan State. Wisconsin SHOULD of been undefeated going into the championship if they were any good.

How many wins does Minnesota have in the big twelve ? I don't care if they have 8 wins they are not as good as West Virginia or Oklahoma

Stonger conference supercedes weak nonconference. You play more teams in your conference. But in fairness this is not a fluke for Baylor they don't even attempt to schedule nonconference.

Been saying it for the better part of the season . . . Wisconsin and Minnesota are waaaaaaaaaaay overrated.

And as I said previously, there are 4 or 5 teams in the Big 12 that are better than any conference opponent Ohio State faced this season.

Baylor and TCU are better than Ohio State, and quite frankly it's not very close.

Good reasons on why large conferences where teams do not play everyone are flawed.

I love Melvin Gordon, but thought this year I would have liked to see him play vs the better Big Ten Ds. LSU was very green when they played week 1. The fact that Wisconsin did not play Mich St is something to hold against Badgers. Even Penn St who has good run D. By the numbers Wisconsin did not face the 3 best run Ds in their own league enroute to their 1st place West finish. They played a top 5 B1G run D last night and we saw what happens to Wisconsin when they can't run. No Aberdarous (sp) at WR this year = big difference.

Not 100% sure that Ok St wins that division though, atleast with the year they've had at QB. If Walsh or Rudolph was QB healthy QB all year then yes I'd say. But as the season unfolded I'm not sure. They feel better than a 6-6 team and I do think WVU is pretty good, which is why I can't hold Baylor's loss to WVU too strongly against them even though Baylor did not compete well in that game at all.

What would Mizzou's record be if they had to play Miss St, Ole Miss and LSU from the west? Maybe they win 1 of those.
What would Georgia's record be if they had to play Miss St, Ole Miss and LSU from the west? Good chance they atleast win 2 out of 3.

I do like the concept of everyone playing everyone in the league vs divisional winners playing for title, but that is not where the sport is and after today, I think now more than ever the large conference with league title games will be something all the leagues that matter has sooner rather than later.

When you don't play the best teams in your own league and win a weaker division as a result you really just don't get a true representation of who the best teams actually are.

tcu and Baylor would both be favored over tosu/fsu.... and both have a better resume than tosu. I won't watch the playoffs. I will watch the other bowl games.

Disgraceful.

They still schedule like a team trying to get to a bowl game. As the program has elevated they need to change that approach. I'm sure they got the message after today.

btw I am a native of Ohio ... I tend to cheer for tosu along with most of my family over the years.... this is just silly.

In 3rd,win 55-3,get dropped to 6th
+clueless-1+.gif

Remember in the initial CFP show where they had OSU like 16 or 17 and they were chided for the VT loss?

Win by 50 and drop 3 spots

Neither Mich St or Miss St play, but Miss St jumps 3 places to jump over Mich St

Excellent work guys :shake:

Whole fucking thing is funny. I told you guys last week, and last year, and other guys 30 years ago.

Play. The. Games. Off. Like. Every. Other. Division. Of. The. Same. Sport. And. Like. All. Sports. At. All. Levels. Are. Decided.

Now all the other 1-loss teams have to win their bowl games convincingly to prove they had been even worthy of the conversation.

tcu and Baylor would both be favored over tosu/fsu.... and both have a better resume than tosu. I won't watch the playoffs. I will watch the other bowl games.

Disgraceful.

Stop spewing your bullshit because you are 100% wrong. Just two weeks ago potential payoffs lines were released and FSU was -1 over both Baylor and TCU, Ohio State was -2.5 over both. Now that was before Barrett went out, but still don't believe they'd be a dog to either. After this weeks win, a pk would be about right

Imagine clown's despair had Marshall not tripped. Whole thing is a joke. You know why I know TCU and Baylor and Marshall wouldn't beat Ohio St. and FSU and Alabama and Oregon? I have no reason to think that, not a good one. Neither do you.

Just change your name to jimmydaOhioStatehater

Please tell me the 5 teams from the Big12 that are better than Michigan State????

I will note that I'm not the only poster to point out the absurdity of Ohio State being selected for the playoff.

As a fan of Alabama and free money, I'm ecstatic that Alabama drew a 1st round bye. If Alabama had to play a real team like Baylor that wouldn't be the case on either count.

Teams in the Big 12 better than anyone Ohio State played:

TCU/Baylor
Kansas State
Oklahoma
West Virginia

A lot, and I mean a lot, thought Hudson would knock off St. Ed's on its way to an Ohio big school state title. St. Ed's beat 'em like a million to nothing. Good thing they played the game.

I will note that I'm not the only poster to point out the absurdity of Ohio State being selected for the playoff.

As a fan of Alabama and free money, I'm ecstatic that Alabama drew a 1st round bye. If Alabama had to play a real team like Baylor that wouldn't be the case on either count.

TCU/Baylor
Kansas State
Oklahoma
West Virginia

Absurdity compared to what, lol?

TCU/Baylor
Kansas State
Oklahoma
West Virginia

Lol

TCU/Baylor
Kansas State
Oklahoma
West Virginia

Just LOL at all of that

Am I the only one who thinks the elephant in the room is that TCU/Baylor aren't big brands with history? If the Big 12 teams in question were Texas and Oklahoma with similar resumes as TCU and Baylor, I can't seriously see them getting shut out of the dance in lieu of Ohio St.

Common football sense. By common football sense, ladies and gents, I present the TRUE 1968 NFL champs. The Colts.

I want Ohio St. to win, 25% because it'll like my peeps happy (I'm blue and gold), but mostly because it would explode minds. Play the games, for Christ's sake. I'm in bizarro world. People argue that this system is fair. Would Vilanova have been "voted" #1 in NCAAB? Nope, they had to beat Georgetown. No votes required after that.

So Wisconsin would be -6.5 vs tcu and Baylor? What crack pipe were those linesmakers smoking? you realize they were 4 pt dogs to Wisconsin right?

Am I the only one who thinks the elephant in the room is that TCU/Baylor aren't big brands with history? If the Big 12 teams in question were Texas and Oklahoma with similar resumes as TCU and Baylor, I can't seriously see them getting shut out of the dance in lieu of Ohio St.

you are correct

If we knew that Cardale Jones was = to JT Barrett than the line would not have been Wisky -4 in that game.

While I had Baylor over OSU close at 4, I don't believe that Baylor would've been a huge challenge for Bama. Offensively they would cause problems for Tide, yes, however Baylor did have a stretch where their O was slowed down vs Tex ans WVU...Bama D is better. The big difference is the Baylor D vs this Alabama O...it would be no contest. But we'll never know. In terms of point spreads wouldn't it be about the same Alabama vs OSU and Alabama vs Baylor? Maybe just a couple points lower against Baylor perhaps.

Baylor and TCU and surely some others deserve to be in. So do the other 4 that are in. See a problem?

Baylor and TCU and surely some others deserve to be in. So do the other 4 that are in. See a problem?

Either Baylor or TCU deserve to be in - I'd say Baylor since they beat TCU straight up. But everyone doesn't always get what they want.

Really have to ask who these other teams are who surely deserve to be in?

If we knew that Cardale Jones was = to JT Barrett than the line would not have been Wisky -4 in that game.

While I had Baylor over OSU close at 4, I don't believe that Baylor would've been a huge challenge for Bama. Offensively they would cause problems for Tide, yes, however Baylor did have a stretch where their O was slowed down vs Tex ans WVU...Bama D is better. The big difference is the Baylor D vs this Alabama O...it would be no contest. But we'll never know. In terms of point spreads wouldn't it be about the same Alabama vs OSU and Alabama vs Baylor? Maybe just a couple points lower against Baylor perhaps.

Why is what anyone thinks, bettors, fans, viewers, why do you think that matters?

Either Baylor or TCU deserve to be in - I'd say Baylor since they beat TCU straight up. But everyone doesn't always get what they want.

Really have to ask who these other teams are who surely deserve to be in?

Marshall earned it. Michigan St could win a tournament.

Marshall earned it. Michigan St could win a tournament.

Marshall earned it going 11-1 in CUSA? What was their nonconference schedule by the way? 3 MAC teams and a IAA, that and 1 loss in CUSA play? That too you is a National Championship caliber resume? And Michigan State who already lost to TWO teams in the top 4, they deserve it too? If that is your position we can't have a constructive conversation.

Ohio State plays MAC teams. At home. People look at these schedules and they laugh. I'm suggesting we no longer crown the NCAFF champion by guess.

Back