Yao is out for the year

Reports: Yao done for season with stress fracture in left foot
ESPN.com news services
<!-- end page tools --><!-- begin story body --> <!-- template inline -->
Yao Ming's season reportedly is over.

KRIV-TV in Houston and The Houston Chronicle are reporting that Yao has a stress fracture in his left foot and the Rockets are expected to announce he will have season-ending surgery later Tuesday.

The team has scheduled an afternoon news conference.

Houston, currently on a 12-game winning streak, is in fourth place in the Southwest Division. The streak followed a loss in the one game that Yao has missed all season.

The 7-foot-6 Yao is averaging 22.0 points and 10.8 rebounds in 55 games this season.

This Franchise is cursed ever since they won those championships in the mid 90's. Wow that's just terrible...

Time for Scola to step up

Not accusing Yao or TMac of not working hard, but sometimes these "curses" are just a factor of certain teams having vulnerable players.

Yao getting injured doesn't surprise me, and would anyone else here be at all shocked if TMac got injured again?

Shame though, because they were playing so well. I guess I'm just saying that this kind of thing seems more or less inevitable. I'd expect something like this to happen to the Suns this year as well. So don't be surprised when Nash, Amare, Shaq, or especially Grant goes down with an injury. Again, it's more likely an inevitability than anything else.

Yao Out For Season!!! So Depressing!

The rockets in my opinion will stake make the playoffs but what a blow to a team that was the hottest team in the league. They were just getting to know new system brought in by Adelman and probably get over the first round hump. MAN THIS SUX!!! I DONT THINK IVE FELT THIS SICK SINCE THE GOOD OL OILIERS BLEW A 35-3 LEAD. Anyone have any ideas of who they can sign?

I think this will give a chance for their other big bodies to develop, namely Scola. But yes this does suck!

it's going to be tough to stay ahead of golden state and denver now...they will be lucky if they get the 8th seed...

They did ok without him last season going 20-12 but this guy just cannot seem to stay healthy for an entire season. Big blow to a team especially one playing in the tough West.

fvckkk!!!!!!! cant believe that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm soooo pissed right now!!!!!
the best damn center in the league goes down!!!!!

we were having such a great run right now with them playing soo well together!!

Back