World Series Chat

Sitting on a Nats +4000 future, obvi wishing I hedged after game 2, but do I try to find an opportunity to middle live, take pregame, or just let it rideeee

This is his 6th career start in a potential clincher. He has a 3.03 ERA in those games and 47 K in 38 2/3 IP

Yeah you can usually find a good spin, but in the World Series he has started 7 times and his team has loss 7 times plus his ERA is 6.39. That's what I'm speaking of, WORLD SERIES STARTS. Great pitcher no doubt, but also seems to fade in the biggest game(s)...kind of like a "Kershaw Syndrome"

Career World Series Starts
  1. 2006 World Series Game 1: 5 IP, 6 H, 7 R, 8 SO, 2 BB
  2. 2006 World Series Game 5: 6 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 4 SO, 3 BB
  3. 2012 World Series Game 1: 4 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 4 SO, 1BB
  4. 2017 World Series Game 2: 6 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 5 SO, 2 BB
  5. 2017 World Series Game 6: 6 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 9 SO, 0 BB
  6. 2019 World Series Game 2: 6 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 6 SO, 3 BB
  7. 2019 World Series Game 6: 5 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 SO, 3 BB
Total= 38 IP, 33 H, 27 ER, 39 SO, 14 BB
ERA = 6.39
WHIP= 1.24
K-BB = 2.78-1

Stats not terrible other than ERA, but wins is what matters and he was unable to keep his team in the game for the most part. Last 4 starts for the very powerful Astros who won championship in '17 and may still win tonight. Unfortunately Justin just has not been able to factor in them wins.

Just my opinion , but I really don’t believe that Max is healthy here

how can a guy be scratched for a vital G5 where reports are he couldn’t lift his shoulder be ready to pitch in the biggest game of his life 3 days later against this lineup

I guess the equalizer is Grienke could really suck , but I’m on the Astros here

Last edited:
Greinke will not suck but when Washington is 20-8 on Wednesday I wonder how accidental Max being kept out to play today was

Blindly taking Nats and over....road team has won every game..WOW!

Both teams are unloading everything tonight, great series!

how can a guy be scratched for a vital G5 where reports are he couldn’t lift his shoulder be ready to pitch in the biggest game of his life 3 days later against this lineup

Maybe they over exaggerated his injury? I don't know. Just thinking out loud...

Sitting on a Nats +4000 future, obvi wishing I hedged after game 2, but do I try to find an opportunity to middle live, take pregame, or just let it rideeee

On something like that if I didn't have a strong feeling I'd bet enough on Astros to cover my original wager and maybe a little bit extra. Basically get myself a free bet on Nats

Probably an exaggeration. Plus those cortisone shots are magical sometimes. Really can make a pinched nerve/bulging disc miraculously go away. May not be a permanent fix but its enough to get through one game.

On something like that if I didn't have a strong feeling I'd bet enough on Astros to cover my original wager and maybe a little bit extra. Basically get myself a free bet on Nats
I agree here, cover your investment. That's what I did on my Astros future. Now I can live bet tonight and hopefully guarantee a profit. Either way, at min no risk is always nice.

Probably an exaggeration. Plus those cortisone shots are magical sometimes. Really can make a pinched nerve/bulging disc miraculously go away. May not be a permanent fix but its enough to get through one game.

They def pump some torodol in him as well

I would be surprised if he went past 100 pitches, but who knows, those drugs do amazing work

Assuming every pitcher except JV and stras is a go for tonight?

If max can only go like 60-80 throws couldnt corbin come in after?

And if game is close at all, cole goes a few ip, and in relief what might he hit? 103?

Yeah you can usually find a good spin, but in the World Series he has started 7 times and his team has loss 7 times plus his ERA is 6.39. That's what I'm speaking of, WORLD SERIES STARTS. Great pitcher no doubt, but also seems to fade in the biggest game(s)...kind of like a "Kershaw Syndrome"

Career World Series Starts
  1. 2006 World Series Game 1: 5 IP, 6 H, 7 R, 8 SO, 2 BB
  2. 2006 World Series Game 5: 6 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 4 SO, 3 BB
  3. 2012 World Series Game 1: 4 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 4 SO, 1BB
  4. 2017 World Series Game 2: 6 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 5 SO, 2 BB
  5. 2017 World Series Game 6: 6 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 9 SO, 0 BB
  6. 2019 World Series Game 2: 6 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 6 SO, 3 BB
  7. 2019 World Series Game 6: 5 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 SO, 3 BB
Total= 38 IP, 33 H, 27 ER, 39 SO, 14 BB
ERA = 6.39
WHIP= 1.24
K-BB = 2.78-1

Stats not terrible other than ERA, but wins is what matters and he was unable to keep his team in the game for the most part. Last 4 starts for the very powerful Astros who won championship in '17 and may still win tonight. Unfortunately Justin just has not been able to factor in them wins.

I really only see 2 bad starts there

3 of his last 4 ws starts he has 17 ip, 8 hits, 5 walks, 17 k

That's nowhere near kershaw

Last edited:

They take 24-48 hours to set in, too.

He might be feeling better than ever tonight.

Max was hurt pretty good, no doubt about that, and he will be able to go tonight but drugs or no drugs he won't be 100%, I've had that injury and it can heal quickly and treatment does help a lot but your body is out of sync for a while so I don't see him being vintage Max. But he is one tough guy, he got outpitched by Cole in game 1 for 4 innings and gutted his way to a win for the team. I think it will be Max, Corbin, Sanchez and Doolittle Hudson as his last choices. Stras may come out for 10-15 pitches as well but my feeling is Max and Corbin will try to get them to the 8th or 9th. If they don't I think the Stros will win

I've had similar back locking issues. It's very possible.

i don't have a good feeling about Max, but i don't feel good about Greinke either and if we get good Max then he should be around even money tonight.

Neither pen has blown a game yet and I think HOU is just as likely to do it late

baseball reference says Max has been about equally as lucky with Suzuki (16 starts) as unlucky with Gomes (12), but obviously this is concerning

here are the games: starter = Max Scherzer and YGomes:position = C

Went 0-7 in the first 7 pairings and 4-2 L6, so they started out shitty but got better.. maybe. Scherzer's runs allowed in those games: 2,2,3,7,2,3,2,2,1,3,5,4,0

Scherzer pitched 7 scoreless innings in St. Louis in their only game together in October. So maybe they put it together finally.

Got this all set for now...

Astros win = 300 net from future back on July 31st

Nats win =195 with hedges (just did one live)

Tough to imagine them not keeping Greinke in the 7th, right?

Regardless of low or high pitch count, theyve been typically pulling him in the 5th or 6th, even during gems.

I kinda wish they didn't show the strike box and where the ball goes. Makes you realize when an ump is not calling them right. How accurate is it?

Back