World Series Chat

Stras most-profitable day in his career has been Sunday. Stras career on Sunday: 30-6 +$2,178. His second-most profitable day has been Wednesday. Stras career on Wednesday: 27-9 +$1,405. I probably shouldn't have even said that, but I been using the "Stras on Sunday" angle for a couple years now. I'm guessing it's more closely tied to which specific series game he likes to pitch in during the regular season and likes getaway days.

Nats 15-3 in Stras career road starts looking at a day off, including his two playoff road wins in LA this season..

The line is way too high tonight, as a couple of you have already mentioned. Anything over +150 seems like a must play on the Nats.

Seems to vary. 2 years ago 28.2 innings 5.65 ERA but in this spot he is dealing with that and his ERA with Eddings at the same time 40.1 innings 5.58 ERA. Strasburg is a GREAT pitcher but that combination is pretty tough especially on the road

Just read Cleveland Sports 12-3 on the playoffs and Big Al Houston minus 170. I like support unfortunately if this wins we are still looking at Greinke next game who has problems on 6+ and ump. I might think about a bet on Washington if it goes that far

I hope they start Strasburg,. It is a bad spot for him with that 5.58 ERA with Eddings a clear homer ump and his problems on 6+ and Verlander 3-1 with Eddings and a 3.23 ERA. Houston has put themselves in real jeopardy though. Springer not just running to third cost them a run. The team was stunned by Cole losing it and even if Verlander wins Greinke is sitting with a bad ump and bad history on 6. They are on the right side of Wednesday as well

3.23 is not a good ERA for Verlander, basically average for his career and significantly higher than his time in HOU. Eddings is the best pitcher's umpire in the game, that correlates to home team but i doubt he's going to favor anything but calling strikes

That totally undercuts the 6+ angle, and I apologize. It's only a two-game sample, so you can totally take that as an opportunity for myself to sound smart. There were two games he started on exactly 6 days rest that he kinda got blowed up in (Apr 16th and Jun 4th - two home games with 9 runs allowed in 11 innings). So that's the other side to that coin.

6+ also means before the season starts, returns from the DL and other factors that skew that data, plus this is the best Strasburg has pitched in his life

I mentioned the Wednesday angle. and Thursday has not been a good day for Houston but thinking the Ump is not good for Houston seems a little silly

There's show on ESPN where they talk about wagering sports. One on CBS too I think. Anyway, the cat's out of the bag on Eddings' strike zone. They had a graphic of his heat map on the screen and everything. Even blankets tweeted about it, mentioning the k%, but their tweet was more about how he is a big homer ump this season. It felt real sharp the first time I heard about it, but feels stepped-on at this point. It's built into the line already.

I Was HOPING...Houston Would Be A Big Dog...Leaning Washington...They Are On A Roll... BTW... Whomever Was The Home Plate Umpire In Game 2?! He Is The SHIT! Called Obvious Balls And Strikes... Good Job...

Houston AstrosZ Greinke - R -121
Washington NationalsA Sanchez - R +110

o7.5-115
u7.5-105

Houston -1.5+139
Washington +1.5-159

I thought the guy behind the plate was bad personally. It was beat to death before the game, but some of those Stars pitches were tough to call balls

My take anyway

Officially have bought off all of my investment in the Astros. I did half yesterday and the other half just now. So, freerolling an improbable comeback for +260. Shall see...

Very inprobably. Hinch is just too stupid. When they took Strasburg out he should have talked to Verlanderi nstantly. Verlander was trying not to lose to Stras not to simply win the game. So bang home run and hit
Bottom line the better team is going to win

Impossible for me to pass up playing the Astros to win the series at this price. Their offense is just too good. I’m not suggesting the price is incorrect, rather I’m not convinced this series is over.

Its what bookies do, make tough lines

I've been so wrong about Nats this postseason, but I believe Hou is done. I really doubt the series gets back to Texas. Greinke not himself and nats bats much hotter right now. What Cole back on 3 come Saturday vs Corbin...even if they win that one then they're looking at Max/Stras again. I'm glad my Hou future was on the pennant.

Yes it was a breath of fresh air to see how well he called the game after being primed to expect a pitchers' duel + ump's tendancy to own a larger than normal strike zone. He did great and was consistent on both sides. Those sinkers at the bottom of the zone were fucking crucial. I don't know how he even saw those, much less called them correctly.

Its what bookies do, make tough lines

I've been so wrong about Nats this postseason, but I believe Hou is done. I really doubt the series gets back to Texas. Greinke not himself and nats bats much hotter right now. What Cole back on 3 come Saturday vs Corbin...even if they win that one then they're looking at Max/Stras again. I'm glad my Hou future was on the pennant.

Again I want to bring up how horrible and foolish the 2-3-2 format is. It’s completely unfair to the higher seeded team, as there should never be a series that ends in 5 games with the higher seeded team playing more road games than home games.

What is the point of being the higher seeded team if you can lose a series playing 3 road games and only 2 home games? I have no idea how the format was approved to be used, and it’s beyond me how it hasn’t been changed back to 2-2-1-1-1.

Again I want to bring up how horrible and foolish the 2-3-2 format is. It’s completely unfair to the higher seeded team, as there should never be a series that ends in 5 games with the higher seeded team playing more road games than home games.

What is the point of being the higher seeded team if you can lose a series playing 3 road games and only 2 home games? I have no idea how the format was approved to be used, and it’s beyond me how it hasn’t been changed back to 2-2-1-1-1.

Don't they do the same thing in NBA? Personally I don't mind it so much, home field means less in bases than any other team sport imo. I think their reasoning is allows an off day when travelling. With the 1-1-1 I don't think they want that many off days. But really I'm fine either way, not a biggie in my mind. Team didn't earn home field advantage anyways, it goes off allstar game

Greinke would normally pitch a good game anytime he pitches off a loss. He is on 6+ very bad for him. The ump is a strong homer ump who Greinke has 6.86 ERA with .

Baseball-ref is showing Anibal 21 innings no runs. It is not true though

DateHome - RoadHome StarterRoad StarterLineResultO/U
10/05/18 LAD 3 - ATL 0 C. Kershaw A. Sanchez -248/7 Home U
03/09/15 DET 6 - TOR 4 A. Sanchez D. Norris -/- Home -
09/28/13 MIA 2 - DET 1 N. Eovaldi A. Sanchez 177/6.5 Home U
05/08/11 MIA 8 - WAS 0 A. Sanchez L. Hernandez -163/8 Home P
07/29/10 SF 0 - MIA 5 M. Bumgarner A. Sanchez -149/8 Road U

Very inprobably. Hinch is just too stupid. When they took Strasburg out he should have talked to Verlanderi nstantly. Verlander was trying not to lose to Stras not to simply win the game. So bang home run and hit
Bottom line the better team is going to win

what are you talking about

Don't they do the same thing in NBA? Personally I don't mind it so much, home field means less in bases than any other team sport imo. I think their reasoning is allows an off day when travelling. With the 1-1-1 I don't think they want that many off days. But really I'm fine either way, not a biggie in my mind. Team didn't earn home field advantage anyways, it goes off allstar game

It doesn’t go off of the AS game anymore. And yes, I think the NBA still has the 2-3-2 format. It’s just as dumb there, it’s dumb in any sport.

There is just zero reason that the higher seeded team should ever be in a position where the series ends and you played 3 road games and only 2 home games.

It doesn’t go off of the AS game anymore. And yes, I think the NBA still has the 2-3-2 format. It’s just as dumb there, it’s dumb in any sport.

There is just zero reason that the higher seeded team should ever be in a position where the series ends and you played 3 road games and only 2 home games.
NBA switched back to 2-2-1-1-1 about 5 years ago.

The 2-3-2 format was designed by the NBA in the mid-eighties because of travel. It was always LA vs Philly or Boston.

NBA switched back to 2-2-1-1-1 about 5 years ago.

The 2-3-2 format was designed by the NBA in the mid-eighties because of travel. It was always LA vs Philly or Boston.

I know why it was originally adopted, and glad to see the NBA went back to how it should be. I thought they switched back, just didn’t want to look it up...I knew someone here would know.

And the NBA couldn’t possibly keep the 2-3-2 format and then use travel or days off as an excuse when the playoffs are as spread out as they are anyway. It’s a joke how long it takes for the playoffs, they have 3 off days after a game in the 1st round sometimes.

I said the best team is going to win and have no doubt Eddings tried to help Houston. Houston has in my opinion 0 chance of winning tomorrow and I took 25 cents now I also said the Houston manager is not very smart not to anticipate the problem because Verlander was not thinking well and I absolutely thought he would lose focus after Strasburg left. But it goes deeper. Houston has a talented team but their bats went away along with their concentration and they have to accept their failure

it's insane to say an opposing pitcher in an AL park who wasn't even out of the game yet (he earned the win when Verlander gave up the leadoff HR) affected a HOFer's mindset. At least blame it on Hinch pinch-hitting for Chirinos and having a new catcher, that might make a little sense

with that said, opening 110 and climbing 20 cents already makes me wonder if people who bet this sport even pay attention. Might be par for the course though after those hilarious lines in game one and two

Zack Greinke: 5 Home Runs Allowed in 2019 Postseason his ERA is 6.43

Anibal Sanchez is the 4th guy in the rotation for Washington, but he has been the best guy this postseason as he is posting a 0.71 ERA in 2 starts

Last edited:
with that said, opening 110 and climbing 20 cents already makes me wonder if people who bet this sport even pay attention. Might be par for the course though after those hilarious lines in game one and two
Seeing the exact same thing and harboring the same opinion, makes me wonder if that's a result of so many rookie gamblers entering the market after all the recent legalization in different states. It might be the first time a lot of people have had the opportunity to bet on an out of market MLB game with so much national exposure. Movement square as fuck tho, I agree.

I Was HOPING...Houston Would Be A Big Dog...Leaning Washington...They Are On A Roll... BTW... Whomever Was The Home Plate Umpire In Game 2?! He Is The SHIT! Called Obvious Balls And Strikes... Good Job...

Houston AstrosZ Greinke - R -121
Washington NationalsA Sanchez - R +110

o7.5-115
u7.5-105

Houston -1.5+139
Washington +1.5-159

Hou -139
Was +129

THAT's What I Was Waiting For. I like getting Was at this number at home and on a roll.
O/U To 8... Should Have Seen That Coming...

Seeing the exact same thing and harboring the same opinion, makes me wonder if that's a result of so many rookie gamblers entering the market after all the recent legalization in different states. It might be the first time a lot of people have had the opportunity to bet on an out of market MLB game with so much national exposure. Movement square as fuck tho, I agree.

they don't have enough money to matter

Nats' bullpen has allowed 1.5 runs per game (18 total) in these playoffs. Astros' bullpen has allowed 1.92 runs per game in these playoffs (25 total). Teams whose bullpens allowed less than 2 runs have gone 25-9 in these playoffs so far. Teams whose bullpen allowed 2+ runs in a playoff game this season: 7-23

It has hit twice in a row in Hou, So Wash TT Over 3.5 -120 (Chance they only get 8 at bats if leading after 8.5)
Wash +140 ML. Keeps going up. Hou HAS To Win! I Heard The Cry, "Houston Will Show Up In Game 2! They HAVE To! Can't go down 0-2 going back to Wash! This whole, HAVE TO is blown out of proportion. Simple as this. Washington is loose and relaxed. Houston's buttholes are puckard up and tight.

Greinke looks like either a scared little puppy...or a guy completely zoned in. Which one...we shall see.

Back