**********WORLD CUP IN-GAME***********

Are England and Belgium sitting anybody since they both got 6 points and they've both advanced already?

Not sure how soccer teams do and if they just sit people to prevent an unneccesary injury.
They're both sitting key players. It behooves each team to actually lose...a 2nd yellow card means miss the next match so no reason to risk that, but the irony here is that if it's a draw, it will come down to total cards as to who wins the group....the group winner ends up on the tough side of the bracket, group 2nd place gets a smooth path to the semis. So backups play and I'm kinda wondering how it plays out. Both want to lose really

fake news, it goes goal differential then goals scored. head to head doesn't play a part

It does, I got it's ranking position wrong...

1. Points obtained in all group matches;
  2. Goal difference in all group matches;
  3. Number of goals scored in all group matches;
  4. Points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question;
  5. Goal difference in the matches played between the teams in question;
  6. Number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question;
  7. Fair play points in all group matches (only one of these deductions shall be applied to a player in a single match)

I dont think england nor belgium care about the r16 matchup

Its about brazil in a potential qf instead of swiss or swedes

I think Marcelo injury will hurt brazil a lot.

They still have a ton of talent but haven't put it together whatsoever this WC.

If I were to make a pick right now I would be picking from England, Croatia or Uruguay

England and Uruguay haven't played anyone. England looked poor vs Tunisia IMO and obviously manhandled Panama but Panama are poo. I'm reserving judgement on those two teams still.

My top form teams are Spain, Croatia, Belgium (who also haven't played anyone but I think look more impressive than England).

wait, people think Spain looks good? Why?

I’m pretty distressed about my future

ESP hasn't looked great besides the POR game, but there's a reason everyone was ceding best GK in the game to De Gea pre-tournament and Iniesta is still terrifying for 65' each match.

In a tournament that has been so defensive, ESP can hold the ball and break people down then set people up to score while all the other teams rely on set pieces/PKs/OGs

The flip side of all this finish 2nd in group G bullshit....

England and Belgium are both better than the teams in the good bracket anyway

England and Uruguay haven't played anyone. England looked poor vs Tunisia IMO and obviously manhandled Panama but Panama are poo. I'm reserving judgement on those two teams still.

My top form teams are Spain, Croatia, Belgium (who also haven't played anyone but I think look more impressive than England).

I really have to disagree that England looked poor against tunisia, I think they got really unlucky not to score a bunch more

The fact that Uruguay hasn’t given up a goal in a year really impressed me

ESP hasn't looked great besides the POR game, but there's a reason everyone was ceding best GK in the game to De Gea pre-tournament and Iniesta is still terrifying for 65' each match.

In a tournament that has been so defensive, ESP can hold the ball and break people down then set people up to score while all the other teams rely on set pieces/PKs/OGs

I just think de gea looks awful

I've got no time for teams who think they can nurse home their current scoreline 30+ mins out from f/t, unless of course they're down a man thus have no choice but to get defensive.

I really have to disagree that England looked poor against tunisia, I think they got really unlucky not to score a bunch more

The fact that Uruguay hasn’t given up a goal in a year really impressed me

fair, just the way they got their chances didn't impress me, specifically the build up and possession, which i dont think will translate against better competition.

How did england look poor against tunisia. So many chances in front of goal two unlucky post hits from lingard stone fucked up majory once etc. Kane got tackled in box no call

Back