who's better Scottie Pippen or Lamar Odom?

Who's better?

• Pippen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Odom

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Gotta go with Odom right now. Think Scottie is struggling with his jumpshot right now.

]
images

i saw scottie's face on tv somewhere recently but forget where it was.

It was at the allstar game/skills comp when he was sitting courtside with his son. Still looks like he is in decent shape but is going a little grey on top.

And ya, it's like comparing a porche to a pontiac. pippen was the fucken man.

Two people voted for Odom?

Release those names! Or, if you voted for him as a joke, reveal yourself.

This thread isn't relevant till Sammy comes on here and writes us 3 pages on why Odom is better, and then somehow relates all of it to the Piston's struggles. :hang:

Two people voted for Odom?

Release those names! Or, if you voted for him as a joke, reveal yourself.

I voted for Odom .

Scottie Pippen is the most over rated player in the last 30 years in the NBA.
His whole career was spent taking wide open shots and layups because Jordan was being double and triple teamed.
Pippen wasn't a great player he was an average player that was made to look really good by Jordan (Think Penny Hardaway and Shaq)

As soon as Jordan retired and Pippen went to Houston and Portland he went from a 20 PPG player to a 11 PPG player .He was only 33 when Jordan was no longer able to support him so it wasnt like he was past his prime the truth is he should have been in his prime. The thing is he went from shooting wide open shots his whole career to being the one people actually guarded and it showed how average of a player he actually was .The stats don't lie

But you guys keep thinking Pippen was a great player and an all time top 50 player that's what the media has told you for 15 years over and over again so it must be true

The truth is Pippen was just an average player who was the luckiest person on earth to get teamed up with Jordon .Pippen was no better than the Shane Battier's on the NBA

I voted for Odom .

His whole career was spent taking wide open shots and layups because Jordan was being double and triple teamed.
Pippen wasn't a great player he was an average player that was made to look really good by Jordan (Think Penny Hardaway and Shaq)

As soon as Jordan retired and Pippen went to Houston and Portland he went from a 20 PPG player to a 11 PPG player .He was only 33 when Jordan was no longer able to support him so it wasnt like he was past his prime the truth is he should have been in his prime. The thing is he went from shooting wide open shots his whole career to being the one people actually guarded and it showed how average of a player he actually was .The stats don't lie

But you guys keep thinking Pippen was a great player and an all time top 50 player that's what the media has told you for 15 years over and over again so it must be true

The truth is Pippen was just an average player who was the luckiest person on earth to get teamed up with Jordon .Pippen was no better than the Shane Battier's on the NBA

I guess you make some good points and hopefully you are not pro-odom. Your above argument would be just the same for Odom (Bryant). Bryant should make Odom better, but he hasn't really gotten better.

I guess you make some good points and hopefully you are not pro-odom. Your above argument would be just the same for Odom (Bryant). Bryant should make Odom better, but he hasn't really gotten better.

No I am not pro Odom I think they are both average players .I just wanted to point out Pippen wasnt as great as everyone tends to remember

I voted for Odom .

Oh my god. What the hell Bulls team did you watch? Shane Battier? Is that a joke? And since when is 33 years old not past one's prime?

But don't take my word for it. Take MJ's word for it. No person was a bigger fan of Pippen's game than him.

Is this a bad joke?

Could be how the question was interpreted?

Are we talking about walking out onto the court tomorrow? Or we talking about 1996 when Lamar was at Rhode Island or whatever? Or, are we talking about both in their prime?

I interpreted it as going out on the court tomorrow, hence my vote of Odom. I am sure the author wouldn't put up a ridiculous question such as for span of careers. I won't get started on my Scottie thoughts right now, those come later.

Oh my god. What the hell Bulls team did you watch? Shane Battier? Is that a joke? And since when is 33 years old not past one's prime?

But don't take my word for it. Take MJ's word for it. No person was a bigger fan of Pippen's game than him.

Are you even old enough to have watched the Bulls teams of the 90's ? I seen everyone of them .I also watched Pippen play without Jordan and know he was only an average player.

33 is past someones prime :36_11_6:

Jordan was 36 when he won his last championship and was playing his best ever,Reggie Miller played his best season ever in 1997 at what age? 33

Kobe is 31 and just getting to his prime but I guess he'll be past his prime in two years:36_11_6:

But Pippen was past his prime at 33 LMAO . Wrong man he was past his Jordan at 33

I also watched Pippen play without Jordan and know he was only an average player.

You cannot be serious. The first year he played without Jordan, he averaged 22 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals, 1.9 three-pointers, and 0.8 blocks per game, while shooting 49.1% from the field. He came in 3rd in the MVP voting, made the first team all NBA and first team all defense. AND they shoulda beat the Knicks that year and went to the finals, but the refs screwed them...he also was first team All NBA and first team all defense the next year without Jordan for 80% of the season....

I think people talk about age far too often when it comes to basketball players. You should look more about games and minutes played in their career.

that being said you will never be able to quantify just how great of a defender pippen was. He could guard positions 1 through 4.

I'll go inbetween the Killa-Capone debate here.

Pippen was both underrated and overrated. Sounds kinda dumb but I'll get to that.

First of all, he is one of the biggest chokers/worst big-game players I have ever seen. The infamous ones are the Game 7 migraine(1990) and the pouting about Kukoc getting the last shot in '94. Everyone knows about those. I just saw it throutout the years. He would be at bottom of the list of players I would take for a big game.

Second, he was helped by Jordan obviously. Everyone should be. His jumpshot was below average most of his career. He was a very good teammate though for most part. From 1992-1995 was his best time and he deserves credit there. Jordans first year out he was in MVP discussion all year long and was fantastic. But, I always look at his fantastic years as a short period of time and the rest were MJ inflated somewhat as far as being a super second option.

Lets talk about the defense. Thats why he needs to be talked about as a great player. At least part of the discussion. He was a great defender. Now, did he get a lot of breaks defensively? Absolutely. No tandem like him and MJ got away with more on the defensive end in the past 25 years I have watched hoops. Those guys could get away with rape. The officials were so afarid of Jordan that they wouldn't make calls. Jordan used to throw his fist in disgust and berate the refs after they called him for a foul. Would he get a tech? Hell no. He ran the league man. Scottie would get same respect at that point too. Was a he a great defender? Yes, but he also got away with a lot.

Lets put Scottie on his own team from inception. He prolly would have developed into a more accomplished offesnsive player due to room to grow but would be looked at as nothing but a here and there all-star if he was the one man band somewhere else. He was drafted at a perfect time to a team with the G.O.A.T. on its side. He played the role of sidekick pretty well...

I think I put some nice things in there about my most despised player of all time:36_11_6:

Wait, BAR, you thought the question was about who was better RIGHT NOW, Odom or middle-aged Pippen?

LOLOLOL

You cannot be serious. The first year he played without Jordan, he averaged 22 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals, 1.9 three-pointers, and 0.8 blocks per game, while shooting 49.1% from the field. He came in 3rd in the MVP voting, made the first team all NBA and first team all defense.

Case closed.

Thanks Smoke.

its also like saying who is a better nba capper bar or steed...whne the obvious answer is steed

I never thought Pippen was one of the 50 greatest players of all time, especially considering some of the guys left off, but Pippen vs Odom is not even a legit question.

I'll go inbetween the Killa-Capone debate here.

Pippen was both underrated and overrated. Sounds kinda dumb but I'll get to that.

First of all, he is one of the biggest chokers/worst big-game players I have ever seen. The infamous ones are the Game 7 migraine(1990) and the pouting about Kukoc getting the last shot in '94. Everyone knows about those. I just saw it throutout the years. He would be at bottom of the list of players I would take for a big game.

Second, he was helped by Jordan obviously. Everyone should be. His jumpshot was below average most of his career. He was a very good teammate though for most part. From 1992-1995 was his best time and he deserves credit there. Jordans first year out he was in MVP discussion all year long and was fantastic. But, I always look at his fantastic years as a short period of time and the rest were MJ inflated somewhat as far as being a super second option.

Lets talk about the defense. Thats why he needs to be talked about as a great player. At least part of the discussion. He was a great defender. Now, did he get a lot of breaks defensively? Absolutely. No tandem like him and MJ got away with more on the defensive end in the past 25 years I have watched hoops. Those guys could get away with rape. The officials were so afarid of Jordan that they wouldn't make calls. Jordan used to throw his fist in disgust and berate the refs after they called him for a foul. Would he get a tech? Hell no. He ran the league man. Scottie would get same respect at that point too. Was a he a great defender? Yes, but he also got away with a lot.

Lets put Scottie on his own team from inception. He prolly would have developed into a more accomplished offesnsive player due to room to grow but would be looked at as nothing but a here and there all-star if he was the one man band somewhere else. He was drafted at a perfect time to a team with the G.O.A.T. on its side. He played the role of sidekick pretty well...

I think I put some nice things in there about my most despised player of all time:36_11_6:

I agree with everything you wrote

Well done BAR:shake:

Back