What have we learned after 3 weeks?

Much like the NBA, you have to cap the spot in the NFL as much as the two teams.

P Rivers is Jeff George Redux. He will make some nice throws and some nice plays but he will never be a winner. Heard someone mention his name for the hall of fame on the radio and spat out my drink. There is no "it" factor to this guy at all. He does not breed a winning a team.

0-2 teams playing at home were 3-1 SU and ATS (jets, Indy, chi...SD only loser). Arz still to go tonight.

Detroit and Atl are both really good - what a great game.

Big Ben and the Steelers road woes continue.

Penalties continue to ruin these games. The taunting call on Von Miller was ridiculous.

NE defense is bad. Over or nothing in their games.

Media loving every minute of the kneeling bs. I agree with what Pittsburgh did...I would rather them stay in the locker room than be disrespectful and kneel. NFL is a joke and has let this get way out of control.

West coast teams also tend to struggle in the east coast. Arizona playing in Indy last week and Raiders in Washington last night.

College is more worth watching than the anti-American garbage that the NFL produces. Goodell should be fired.

Much like the NBA, you have to cap the spot in the NFL as much as the two teams.

P Rivers is Jeff George Redux. He will make some nice throws and some nice plays but he will never be a winner. Heard someone mention his name for the hall of fame on the radio and spat out my drink. There is no "it" factor to this guy at all. He does not breed a winning a team.

Interesting take on Rivers who I don't mind, I don't believe the owner of that organization will ever breed a winning team. I think Spanos is one of the worst owners in all of sports and mind you I lived through a decade of the Bill Bidwill era before he passed it off to Michael so I know a shitty owner. Spanos is exactly that. A loser.

its been said but yeah, cap the spot. Line reading is a skill, it usually tells you all you need to know if you can do it. When I'm at a tailgate with about a dozen drunk jabronis, all of them talking about how they emptied their accounts on Denver, Miami, etc, that is proof that the lines are set to deceive the public. That is not to say the lines are bad, but just so many ppl don't understand concepts like let down spots, time zone travel, looking past bad teams, stuff like that. Just need zona to close out a real good week for me.

Watson may be the QB Texans have needed.

Cam is distracted, hurt or something is not right there

You have to give Cousins credit, he's been attacked as bad etc and keeps ticking

Stafford & Detroit seemingly play from a script...get behind & mount a comeback.

Last 2 years under Fox the Bears do not give up

Vikings are a good team

I saw a few guys point out that the saints were jumping panther routes and cam didn't notice

Olsen loss hurts but that team just needs a new OC, they have plenty of weapons and have the biggest running an option threat in the league

Their offense isnt unique in anyway

Raiders I would treat as an anomaly For now, they lost the game at oline

Carr had the quickest release in the league in weeks 1/2 so getting rid of the ball fast isn't an issue, but he has no time

Penn gave up 1 sack last year and got beat twice alone in the first half last night, osemele is the best guard in the league and he was getting housed. First time that's happened to them as a group in 20 games so I'd want to see it again before I'm worried

Cooper is back to year one with the drops, it's on the front facing stuff too, on long routes he seems fine. His strength is his route running, but he needs to focus on the hands this week in practice

Mike Glennon's last win was in September 2014, with the 0-3 (on their way to 2-14) Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The team he beat? Mike Tomlin's Pittsburgh Steelers.

Steelers looked like they spent more time figuring out how they would handle the anthem than they did preparing for the Bears ground game. The Bears gashed them repeatedly with the same counter run off-tackle both left and right. Major props to Justin Howard for grinding out 138 yards while getting helped off the field twice with his bad right shoulder. Best performance I've seen from an injured back since Emmitt Smith vs. the Giants to win the division.

The Bears showed that they still have a pretty good defense, as Pittsburgh's last two scoring drives were only16 and 7 yards. Glennon just isn't in sync with anything other than RB dumpoffs. Numerous throws were made to spots where the receiver either sat down and Glennon expected them to be moving, or the receiver was moving and Glennon was expecting them to sit down.

Marcus Cooper....still on the roster after what he pulled....John Fox coached team....'nuff said.

I saw a few guys point out that the saints were jumping panther routes and cam didn't notice

Olsen loss hurts but that team just needs a new OC, they have plenty of weapons and have the biggest running an option threat in the league

Their offense isnt unique in anyway

Five skill guys played 100% of their team's offensive snaps:

Antonio Brown - no surprise
Hopkins - no surprise
Kelce - no surprise
Jack Doyle - slight surprise, but he's mostly proven
Ed Dickson, Carolina

The last one is a big problem for Carolina. I want to blame Cam for the most part but when a full 20% of your weaponry is spent on a backup TE you're not putting your QB in the best position to succeed.

Leon Lett? Jesus that Thanksgiving game against the Dolphins will live forever in history, I mean he went missing for a few days after that I think lol

Oh Leon

Leon Lett, although he didn't stop running, he's just not fast and got run down while celebrating early.

Desean Jackson has dropped the ball at the one, but he didn't stop running either.

Cooper's a CB, and went to a slow walk, just bizarre.

What was the story in New England? Is Watson that good? Was the pats defense that bad? Did Houston catch a lot of breaks that makes the score flatter them?

Don Beebe made a name for himself which makes my buddy happy that played football at Chadron St

And how old is Marv Levy, man what a run he had w/o winning a trophy

What was the story in New England? Is Watson that good? Was the pats defense that bad? Did Houston catch a lot of breaks that makes the score flatter them?

First FG aided by a 34 yard PI.
First TD was set up by Texans D forcing Pats to punt from the 8. Texans took over at Pats 44. Watson hit a good deep shot to Ellington for the score.
2nd FG drive Watson hit Hopkins a couple of times and Pats had a 15 yard roughing penalty
2nd TD scored by defense
3rd TD helped along when Watson hit a 35 yard throw to Griffin on 2nd and 22.
3rd and 4th FG set up by dumps to Foreman that broke for 30+ yards.

I'd say a little more bad Pats D than good Watson play, but at worst it was 60-40.

Great info, thanks.

Setting up the offense with short fields is part of Houston's game with that defense for sure but it sounds like they caught a few breaks too.

Pats overs and 2Hs might be a theme for me this year.

Miami and Tampa I want to chalk up to week 2 (at least for them) letdowns off of big opening season wins, then heading on the road.

Was impressed with the Titans and Jags against two marquee defenses.

Bills looked like they did a great job squeezing points out of short drives aided by field position, while keeping Denver in long field scenarios.

I'd think team totals against NE should be looked at every week to help mitigate those ridiculous lines they're gonna get

And that's coming from someone who bet on NE yesterday. That defense is very generous

Looks like Sproles has a broken arm AND a torn ACL. What's the story on Wendell Smallwood?

Looks like Sproles has a broken arm AND a torn ACL. What's the story on Wendell Smallwood?

Hes fine. A lot of people think that hell lead the Eagles in carries when all is said and done. Hes unspectacular but seems like he can play a little bit, staying on the field is just the key for him. Fantasy-wise I would not want any part of any Eagles running back, they seem to be a full on committee with Corey Clement getting some work and with Sproles out it would not surprise me if they bring up Bryan Marshall. Eagles are in that spot with RBs you don't want to see your team in; if you have 4 rbs you have 0 rbs.

He's fine? wtf?

Actually after reading that my shit comprehension thought you were talking about Sproles, one of my favorite RBs to watch possibly ever

Toss out the trends in the NFL as this is a week to week league, and try and avoid betting heavy ML favorites week in and week out, as it likely won't be profitable.

I learned that the Saints talent evaluation is the worst in the league......no team misses more than the Black and Gold

I would love for someone to tell me how Devante Harris started over Ken Crawley before yesterday......and how many UDFA's cathe Saints trot out.....that they NEED to because they fire team doctors for misdiagnosis or just whiff over and over at the draft

for every Terron Armstead and Colston we have 50 Stanley Jean Baptistes

I learned that the Jets are going to probably screw things up and not land the number one overall pick and Sam Darnold. All I want is that elusive franchise QB and this idiotic franchise is finding a way to mess it up.

I learned that the Jets are going to probably screw things up and not land the number one overall pick and Sam Darnold. All I want is that elusive franchise QB and this idiotic franchise is finding a way to mess it up.

And Jets get us post-London :/

Yes can't trust Cutler

Have we learned that Cam just isn't any good at this point. If they couldn't score against the Saints defense who will that offense be productive against.

Have we learned that Cam just isn't any good at this point. If they couldn't score against the Saints defense who will that offense be productive against.

Similarly, the Saints played a reeling Panthers team, but after seeing DeShaun Watson dismantle the pats defense after Alex Smith did Week 1, its kind of crazy that Brees and co couldn't do more at home last week. Might be a sell high spot on the saints next week (haven't looked at the schedule yet though)

Similarly, the Saints played a reeling Panthers team, but after seeing DeShaun Watson dismantle the pats defense after Alex Smith did Week 1, its kind of crazy that Brees and co couldn't do more at home last week. Might be a sell high spot on the saints next week (haven't looked at the schedule yet though)

Saints play the Dolphins in London and I have no clue who to pick in that one.

Leaning Miami in that one. Double reversal from Week 3 results for two average teams. Dolphins have a ball control attack that can keep Brees off the field.

Drew Brees and the Saints are 14-0 ATS vs undefeated teams after Week 1.

Football isn't football anymore, there are rules to counter rules.

Political shit shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a sports stadium,

Sports is an outlet for the crap we endure week to week from the fools that run our country.

Drew Brees and the Saints are 14-0 ATS vs undefeated teams after Week 1.

Football isn't football anymore, there are rules to counter rules.

Political shit shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a sports stadium,

Sports is an outlet for the crap we endure week to week from the fools that run our country.

I support the kneelers but the level to which it has become a distraction is crazy. Maybe just stop having the anthem played before games completely; why is it even played? Sports are entertainment. You don't see the anthem played before Game of Thrones episodes. Whether you agree iwth my side or not, I'm ready for that to stop being the first thing talked about.

I support the kneelers but the level to which it has become a distraction is crazy. Maybe just stop having the anthem played before games completely; why is it even played? Sports are entertainment. You don't see the anthem played before Game of Thrones episodes. Whether you agree iwth my side or not, I'm ready for that to stop being the first thing talked about.

I've said the same thing about removing the anthem all together. I'm sick of it being the only thing talked about. I am a military member and it is frustrating to say the least. I respect their right, but don't have to agree with the platform in which they choose to demonstrate.

Does it really matter the platform? They could do it on a Wednesday and folks will still find something wrong with it. Why's there a need to play the anthem at sporting events anyway unless it's the Olympics?

Does it really matter the platform? They could do it on a Wednesday and folks will still find something wrong with it. Why's there a need to play the anthem at sporting events anyway unless it's the Olympics?

I don't know many people (if any) who have issues with a peaceful protest. I know a lot of people that have issues with people kneeling during the anthem - doesn't matter what day of the week it is.

This may be just a coincidence, but the teams who all knelt, stayed in the locker room, etc lost yesterday (exclude games where both teams did the same thing as someone had to lose). Is it an issue with team chemistry?

Huge New England fan here to preface what I'm going to say.
The defense is bad - real bad. I think it has the potential to be solid, but there is absolutely no pressure whatsoever getting to the QB. On top of that, Hightower being out leaves a huge hole in the middle. I think the secondary is better than they've played, but it's easy to get beat when the qb has all day to throw.
The offense also isn't clicking as we've seen in the past. It's easy to look past that with Brady hanging ridiculous numbers, but it really isn't what we've come to expect. Timing routes are off and relying on bailouts from Gronk too often. They've seen to go away from the quick hitters to the backs which opens things up.
All that being said, I do think they figure it out, but my guess is it won't be this week. Will be interesting to see how they play against Cam, who I always worry about because they simply cannot defend dual threat QBs. Just my 2 cents on the situation in NE.

Cam is soft, remove Olsen aka his safety blanket and he reverts even further.

Poor Cam always needs a cuddle.

Unfortunately the Panthers are as good as Cam makes them.

Dude sets the mood for the entire franchise.

I really don't see how it's Cam's fault. Dude has nobody blocking for him and everyone is hurt. Have a feeling they come back strong next season but realistically how do they even compete this year?

Bills defense will be able to keep them in games, but the offensive playcalling and overall talent (outside of shady) will ultimately be their demise. A couple situations in the Denver game left me wondering how tf dennison got an oc job. On the first Bills td drive they move the ball with big passes to Matthews and kClay- Shady gets a first down at the 4, then they take shady out. Tolbert run (nothing), play action to wide open Tolbert (he drops it), then a Zay deflection for a td. They were beyond lucky to get that score, for the life of me I don't see how you take your only weapon out of the game in that situation. Tyrod played as good as he is ever going to play lw, had some really nice moves to elude Von Miller. I have a feeling Atlanta beats the breaks off of them

Back