Week TWO Lookahead and Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Great job guys so far this summer. I get more impressed each summer around here. It's a wealth of knowledge in this forum and I know their are many members and lurkers who appreciate it. One thing I like to do during the season is getting to cap the next week during the current week. This has many benefits. It can still help current week capping as we may have missed something small. It gets a head start especially for situational players not only on the next week but the week after(sandwiches, letdowns etc.) But most important, when the lines come out Sunday night some of us like to play games off the bat to get what we hope is the best line.

Use this thread anyway you like. The key is too get familiar with the following week and help each other. RJ does a Sunday morning line projection and discusion thread as well that usually goes up late Saturday night. That is a very useful thread as well.

So, let the discussion begin.

Obvious first game that comes across my radar is the Ohio @ Ohio State game. Hopefully for us Wyoming backers Ohio looks terrible in week one. Ohio State I would think will play it pretty vanilla in both the first two weeks. Why? For obvious reasons. Tressel doesn't beat up on in-state competition for most part. More importantly though is leave Petey and the Condoms wondering what to expect come September 13th.

Could be a good dog spot in a lookahead and hopefully slightly inflated line.

Louisiana-Monroe gets their second straight OOC road game in the SEC at Arkansas. The following week they open at home against Alabama A&M. Arkansas is in a lookahead spot to the old Texas rivalry.

Both Scary and Vandy start he season with B2B Thursday games. They meet in the backhalf at Vandy. Depending on week one this line could be somewhat inflated as well. Will it matter though? Lookahead is to UGA at home the following week for Cocks.

If Wisky embarasses Akron, I say stick with the Cuse fade regardless of their results vs. NW and take Akron as a small road fav or dog vs. the Orange.

POW potential... Northwestern @ Duke.

Rematch from LY and NW should get their stud DT back for that one.

Mia @ FLA... could be FLA's 1st "real" game. I think this line will jump over 3 td's and it should MIA just still a couple seasons away.

I like Troy if I can get 21 on the road at LSU.

Wow, didn't think I replied this many times already. My bad.

Alot of AA vs. A games on slate... which probably won't see a line.

Oky St. back home vs. Houston after @ Wazzou... will watch that entire game and have alot of thoughts about Oky St.

I agree BAR... TT should be up 2 td's in that one. The line should say it all but I'm guessing 25.5

ok lookaheads that i see .... and i am still a little buzzed from the fantasy football draft.......

LOOKAHEAD GAME
Georgia is hosting Central Michigan and follows the next week with a revenge game on the road at South Carolina. South Carolina by most accounts on this board is going to put a hurt on NCSTATE on national television in first big game of the year and Georgia players will be watching. Might get value in the line with C mich there.

REVENGE GAME

south carolina suffered humiliating loss at home to vandy last year and get vandy in week 2

LOOKAHEAD
Arkansas hosts ulm after a likely auburn bashing and faces texas the following week

TOSU obviously

REVENGE

Northwestern travels to duke after 14-20 home loss last year

thats a start

Totally looking at the Chips in that spot as well Kyle. It's the start of a three game road triop for them(Ohio then Purdue).

Had totally forgot about the 'Dores winning last year down there.

If NW wins 34-20 this week VK, and Duke wins vs. JMU by 3 per say.... what line you got on that matchup?

I know USF toasted UCF so you can cry revenge all you want... but UCF loses like half their offense with K Smith's departure... I don't see how they keep up vs. a top 20 team and a favorite to win the BE

I know USF toasted UCF so you can cry revenge all you want... but UCF loses like half their offense with K Smith's departure... I don't see how they keep up vs. a top 20 team and a favorite to win the BE
Yeah, he carried that team last year.

If NW wins 34-20 this week VK, and Duke wins vs. JMU by 3 per say.... what line you got on that matchup?

Last years line was around 15.5

If this was NFL and they were playing same season you could flip it 6-7 points or so.

I am not a great linemaker. So basically factor in each teams additions and subtractions and go from there.

I agree BAR... TT should be up 2 td's in that one. The line should say it all but I'm guessing 25.5
If thats the case I can prolly get a flat 14 when the first half lines come out. Just got to hit it quick. No messing around. They get pumped up pretty quick.

Last years line was around 15.5

If this was NFL and they were playing same season you could flip it 6-7 points or so.

I am not a great linemaker. So basically factor in each teams additions and subtractions and go from there.

yup add improvement foir nw and perception of duke ...:smiley_acbe:

It honestly sucks, no offense Carolinablue, but the only things that I can possibly play in Week 2 are favorites. Like Utah to return the favor against UNLV, Wyoming should run all over AFA, and I (along with Horses) see Notre Dame making a statement versus SDSU. Need to look at Washington a bit more, but I'll be looking for a an over against BYU. Lastly I have no idea about the A&M/NMU matchup.

JPicks is correct, really hoping for a solid Aztec showing this wknd against SLO to keep the notre dame line within reason...no way the aztecs stay in the game at touchdown jesus...just no way; their offense won't be able to score against bcs caliber athletes...there is just no way...throw in a new P after 4 yr starter hughes graduated and things start looking ugly...notre dame 35, sdsu 10...really hoping for something below 17 at this point.

ND opener....if anyone likes the play it's def. a Sunay night grabber...

don't you think?

Yes, definitely a line to grab early..notre dame as a HF vs a team I can't imagine anyone could be looking to bet...

No bookmaker here though...decided to roll with the greek for early lines.

If Wisky embarasses Akron, I say stick with the Cuse fade regardless of their results vs. NW and take Akron as a small road fav or dog vs. the Orange.

I can't see this Inspekdah. 'Cuse opens -7 at least. Akron is awful and it's no secret.

For Northwestern I see something in the -7 range, so there's one for ya.

Now way in hell UF opens 3 TDs. I'm guessing 12-14 just based on the nature of the game, but hard to figure.

You should also get TTU well under 24. That's a road game, so lets not get carried away with our projections.

Finally, Notre Dame at just -17 is a pipe dream, I think. The Aztecs losing to Cal Poly Saturday isn't going to help the cause either. Irish -21+.

you guys got me horny for the mac here...

agree with matador on akron line...at least is right. i think it will be more than a td, and i still wouldn't touch akron. they will score about 12 ppg this year. they might be a good bet as dogs later on in the year, but not yet imo

i also can't see central michigan hanging within 30 pts of georgia lookahead or not...maybe georgia will just be completely distracted, but i still see a definite blowout here. unlike many, i don't think cmu will even be as good as the team they were last year, that lost by 56 at clemson...they'll score a couple of tds that's for sure, but i see no way possible they hold georgia under 50, even if georgia is doggin it

speaking of blowouts, mich st should beat emu by 50...no lookahead or anything and i'm expecting a beatdown...might even actually consider laying the heavy wood to this game...

minnesota revenge on bg at their place so should get a decent looking line on minny even if pitt spanks bg in week one...over may be worth a look too...

another revenge game iowa st at home vs kent st...be interesting to see the line there, but i think kent st has a good chance to get it done again with what will probably be a similar looking line

i will be very interested in ohio, miami oh (and the under again), and temple...all should have favorable numbers here, and in addition to the buckeyes lookahead, michigan has a lookahead as well, and uconn i believe will be overrated anyways has a much higher profile out of conf game vs virginia the next week and i think temple matches up well (only lost by 5 last year in this game on the road, and now have revenge at home)

interesting mac week

i would make syracuse a -9 without checking for matchups and dependent on week1.

i would make texas tech a -12 without checking for matchups and dependent on week 1

i would make notre dame -19.5 - 20 without checking for matchups and dependent on week 1.

you guys got me horny for the mac here...

agree with matador on akron line...at least its right. i think it will be more than a td, and i still wouldn't touch akron. they will score about 12 ppg this year. they might be a good bet as dogs later on in the year, but not yet imo

i also can't see central michigan hanging within 30 pts of georgia lookahead or not...maybe georgia will just be completely distracted, but i still see a definite blowout here. unlike many, i don't think cmu will even be as good as the team they were last year, that lost by 56 at clemson...they'll score a couple of tds that's for sure, but i see no way possible they hold georgia under 50, even if georgia is doggin it

speaking of blowouts, mich st should beat emu by 50...no lookahead or anything and i'm expecting a beatdown...might even actually consider laying the heavy wood to this game...

minnesota revenge on bg at their place so should get a decent looking line on minny even if pitt spanks bg in week one...over may be worth a look too...

another revenge game iowa st at home vs kent st...be interesting to see the line there, but i think kent st has a good chance to get it done again with what will probably be a similar looking line

i will be very interested in ohio, miami oh (and the under again), and temple...all should have favorable numbers here, and in addition to the buckeyes lookahead, michigan has a lookahead as well, and uconn i believe will be overrated anyways has a much higher profile out of conf game vs virginia the next week and i think temple matches up well (only lost by 5 last year in this game on the road, and now have revenge at home)

interesting mac week

that temple game is a major revenge game.

FLA is going to be well over 10+ vs. MIA. Anyone have GOY lines on that one?

TT will open at 13.5 or higher IMO.

I mentioned this in another thread: if Bama loses to Clemson in Wk1, I will look for Bama to blowout Tulane in Tuscaloosa. I'm sure the spread will be double digits, but hopefully it will be reasonable. After losing to Clemson, Saban will have to pacify the Bama fans. He will have to build their confidence in him. A good way to do this is to blowout Tulane, then having the media make some comment about how Bama didn't overlook this small school from Louisiana.

that temple game is a major revenge game.

only thing is that if they win vs army and upset uconn and that does nothing for us when they travel up to buffalo...

as it lies, i think we can get a -5.5 or -6 from buffalo, which would make for a good +200 or so ml bet, but if they win big this weekend then upset uconn that could turn into a -3 or so...i probably wouldn't be interested in temple unless they are getting 4

where do you see the uconn/temple line opening assuming a 10 pt win or so vs army??

Back