Week 7 What Have We Learned

Maybe in a tough loss the titans will get some respect. Something has to be done with the kicking game tho, they play a ton of close games and can’t be missing kicks every week. It hadn’t but them until today but when you line up for a fg and you’re expecting a miss it’s a problem. Not putting it all on gostkowski bc they missed an nfl high kicks last year so something is a miss w that unit but they gotta figure it out

Patriots fans will finally experience pain after almost two decades of being carried by Brady.

$-$-$cam Newton...

Maybe in a tough loss the titans will get some respect. Something has to be done with the kicking game tho, they play a ton of close games and can’t be missing kicks every week. It hadn’t but them until today but when you line up for a fg and you’re expecting a miss it’s a problem. Not putting it all on gostkowski bc they missed an nfl high kicks last year so something is a miss w that unit but they gotta figure it out

Kicking is a problem. But I think their defense is what will keep them from making another run. Particularly their 3rd down defense. They were giving up 57.8% on 3rd down going into today and Pitt went 13-18. I like the team, I like Vrabel. This team is fortunate not to be 3-3. They gotta tighten up on D which is what largely powered that playoff run

Cowboys need to get a couple of guys catch Covid this week to get the league to move their game out of the Sun night block. They are beyond salvageable at this point and if Gase does his usual 2nd half run with the Jets they could be in prime position to have first overall. There are few opportunities for success left on their schedule. They are the last years of Landry/1st year of Johnson bad.

Steelers got their luckbox back this year. Titans dominated the 2nd half. Ben with a 5.5 YPA and 3 picks, its all underneath crossers and quick slants at this point. They were heading toward a loss and then Gostkowski choked.

Chargers RB duo of Jackson and Kelley rushed 17 for 41 (2.4 YPA) against a Jags team that had been getting it rammed down their throats the last few weeks.

Was it Brady or Belichek? We're learning the answer.

League could start the playoffs in November if they'd like. Think the top 6 or 7 in each conference are pretty evident.

Cowboys need to get a couple of guys catch Covid this week to get the league to move their game out of the Sun night block. They are beyond salvageable at this point and if Gase does his usual 2nd half run with the Jets they could be in prime position to have first overall. There are few opportunities for success left on their schedule. They are the last years of Landry/1st year of Johnson bad.

Steelers got their luckbox back this year. Titans dominated the 2nd half. Ben with a 5.5 YPA and 3 picks, its all underneath crossers and quick slants at this point. They were heading toward a loss and then Gostkowski choked.

Chargers RB duo of Jackson and Kelley rushed 17 for 41 (2.4 YPA) against a Jags team that had been getting it rammed down their throats the last few weeks.

Was it Brady or Belichek? We're learning the answer.

League could start the playoffs in November if they'd like. Think the top 6 or 7 in each conference are pretty evident.

Let me start by saying I’m extremely biased and 1000% believe it was Belichick. So this shouldn’t be surprising.

But would Tom Brady have a winning record with the team NE has put out there? No, no he wouldn’t. They can’t run, they have nobody to catch, and they can’t block. Meanwhile he has an all star squad in Tampa that might make LeBron blush.

Kicking is a problem. But I think their defense is what will keep them from making another run. Particularly their 3rd down defense. They were giving up 57.8% on 3rd down going into today and Pitt went 13-18. I like the team, I like Vrabel. This team is fortunate not to be 3-3. They gotta tighten up on D which is what largely powered that playoff run

3rd down d was the problem today. They played way more zone than usual and gave up those 8-10 yd routes. The secondary really needs Jackson back. That being said despite that they still had a chance to win that game. Took that shot to Davis in the end zone, good play call, just missed, and you expect your kicking unit to be able to send the game to OT w a 45 yarder. The promising thing is we are still 5-1 without having played our best football or the d being consistent for a full game, minus the one against Buffalo. Today we got blitzed in the 1h but then pretty much had pitt under control until they had that long drive where we were fortunate to get the hooker pick in the end zone. I fully expect this team to only get better as the season progresses

Let me start by saying I’m extremely biased and 1000% believe it was Belichick. So this shouldn’t be surprising.

But would Tom Brady have a winning record with the team NE has put out there? No, no he wouldn’t. They can’t run, they have nobody to catch, and they can’t block. Meanwhile he has an all star squad in Tampa that might make LeBron blush.

any game tb doesn’t put up 30 w those weapons is shocking

No one will run away w the nfc east, its that bad. That being said, if I’m Dallas, it’s clear after 2 weeks Andy Dalton isn’t the answer in that offense. Obviously their issues extend beyond offense but if I’m them I make the following calls to trade for a qb bc the division is winnable

1. Saints. It’s clear Jameis won’t see the field w brees healthy and I’m not sure they have plans on him long term. Yes he’s a turnover machine but he’s put up massive numbers w TB and Dallas has even better weapons on offense and he’d provide protection if Dak doesn’t recover as well as expected.

2. Bears. Trubisky is clearly done there. He’s young. Still has talent. Bears never surrounded him w a legit offense. Take a flyer and see what he can do w zeke, Cooper, Gallup, lamb etc. worst case he sucks and let him walk

3. Raiders. Mariota has been a starter. Granted he had an awful year last year he’s had success in the league and might give you some offense.

4. Jets. See if they might move on from Darnold as most expect them to take a qb in draft

No one will run away w the nfc east, its that bad. That being said, if I’m Dallas, it’s clear after 2 weeks Andy Dalton isn’t the answer in that offense. Obviously their issues extend beyond offense but if I’m them I make the following calls to trade for a qb bc the division is winnable

1. Saints. It’s clear Jameis won’t see the field w brees healthy and I’m not sure they have plans on him long term. Yes he’s a turnover machine but he’s put up massive numbers w TB and Dallas has even better weapons on offense and he’d provide protection if Dak doesn’t recover as well as expected.

2. Bears. Trubisky is clearly done there. He’s young. Still has talent. Bears never surrounded him w a legit offense. Take a flyer and see what he can do w zeke, Cooper, Gallup, lamb etc. worst case he sucks and let him walk

3. Raiders. Mariota has been a starter. Granted he had an awful year last year he’s had success in the league and might give you some offense.

4. Jets. See if they might move on from Darnold as most expect them to take a qb in draft
Fitzmagic?

Unless some team is willing to throw in three starting caliber offensive linemen and a ball hawking strong safety there are no QB trades for Dallas that will do them any good. They are cooked and so are the fantasy prospects for Lamb, Gallup and likely Zeke (trade now while there is still some value). This was also the last week you'll get a chance to lay less than 7 against them.

Leave it to Baker to sling five TDs after helping get his star WR put on IR. There might be a sense of relief in Cleveland to not have to scheme up specific plays for OBJ anymore, they can just spread it around to the open guy now. Browns have still only lost to Balt and Pitt, badly yes, but they are a wildcard playoff team.

PS - I didn't know Todd Gurley went to Penn State.

Patriots fans will finally experience pain after almost two decades of being carried by Brady.

$-$-$cam Newton...

Oh please, any lifelong Pats fan over age 40 already knew what pain was.

This may sound stupid but I find it easier to route for them now that they suck. Something about going into a game as a 3 pt fave, or even a dog, versus being a 7+ pt fave all the time makes a win that much more meaningful...and rare.

Additionally, when they suck as badly as they did yesterday it's easier to bet against them. SF in-gaming was just free money.

Something that shocked me yesterday; three faves of right around 7-ish - KC, LAC & NO. I thought surer than shit at least one of them would lose SU because it's never THAT easy to just tease down to -1.

Oh please, any lifelong Pats fan over age 40 already knew what pain was.

This may sound stupid but I find it easier to route for them now that they suck. Something about going into a game as a 3 pt fave, or even a dog, versus being a 7+ pt fave all the time makes a win that much more meaningful...and rare.

Additionally, when they suck as badly as they did yesterday it's easier to bet against them. SF in-gaming was just free money.

The Pats of old were so much fun to root for in the area even as KC was my team. Much like 2004 with the Sox, so many people “became Pats fans” during that run. And that completely ruined it for anyone on the fence with them. All the Niners, Cowboys and Raiders fans here suddenly were lifelong fans. Some of these fans truly have never experienced this feeling. Those of us who sat on the metal bleachers to watch Rod Rust go 1-15 do not feel bad for the current state of the Pats.

Rod Rust, man that was an experiment gone bad. Good ole Schaefer Stadium.

He was no Dick McPherson, I can assure you that...

Haha No he was not. MacPherson was beloved here. The transition from 90 to 91 was huge. Got some asses back in the seats. But when parcells And Bledsoe got here it was a madhouse. Truly did love those teams while I watched Marty get us close over and over.

Haha No he was not. MacPherson was beloved here. The transition from 90 to 91 was huge. Got some asses back in the seats. But when parcells And Bledsoe got here it was a madhouse. Truly did love those teams while I watched Marty get us close over and over.
Explain how you at Chiefs fan again please

Explain how you at Chiefs fan again please

Born and raised in New England. Most sports my father told me who my team was. In particular, I was told I had to be a Yankee fan. My first poster in my room was Thurman Munson and he had died months before I was born.

Fell in love with football at an early age. My father was a Packers fan but had season tickets to the Pats through his work. My first ever team was actually the Browns. John Elway broke my heart twice (foreshadowing future misery) but as only a nerdy 8 year old could I loved Coach Schottenheimer. I already really liked Christian Okoye and loved those damn jerseys and when Coach left the Browns and joined the Chiefs I was in. We got Derrick Thomas that first year and I was smitten with the team and I am in season 32 of fanhood.

Along the way id still go to Pats games and I saw some great ones in person AFC Championship against Jax in 96 and the Tuck Rule game to name a few but when the teams faced off I always rooted for KC.

My senior year of college my roommate repeatedly would scold me and tell me you can’t be a fan of two teams. Over and over lol. So I was like fuck it, I’m never leaving the Chiefs so that’s that. That season the Pats won their first Super Bowl and proceeded to begin an unprecedented dynasty lol. So you’re welcome New England.

Made my first trip to Arrowhead in 09. And I go every year now and have a crew I tailgate with that are local. The city itself is awesome, the food is ridiculous and the gameday experience is wild. I have even had a CTG meetup at Arrowhead.

So there ya have it. I enjoy telling the story and while I love handicapping and football, I love my team from all these miles away.

TL: DR Marty Schottenheimer, Christian Okoye and Derrick Thomas. Put Marty in the HOF

I was a Chiefs fan growing up bc of Joe Montana. As years progressed i decided to hone in on just my Bears... Mitch > Mahomes

Born and raised in New England. Most sports my father told me who my team was. In particular, I was told I had to be a Yankee fan. My first poster in my room was Thurman Munson and he had died months before I was born.

Fell in love with football at an early age. My father was a Packers fan but had season tickets to the Pats through his work. My first ever team was actually the Browns. John Elway broke my heart twice (foreshadowing future misery) but as only a nerdy 8 year old could I loved Coach Schottenheimer. I already really liked Christian Okoye and loved those damn jerseys and when Coach left the Browns and joined the Chiefs I was in. We got Derrick Thomas that first year and I was smitten with the team and I am in season 32 of fanhood.

Along the way id still go to Pats games and I saw some great ones in person AFC Championship against Jax in 96 and the Tuck Rule game to name a few but when the teams faced off I always rooted for KC.

My senior year of college my roommate repeatedly would scold me and tell me you can’t be a fan of two teams. Over and over lol. So I was like fuck it, I’m never leaving the Chiefs so that’s that. That season the Pats won their first Super Bowl and proceeded to begin an unprecedented dynasty lol. So you’re welcome New England.

Made my first trip to Arrowhead in 09. And I go every year now and have a crew I tailgate with that are local. The city itself is awesome, the food is ridiculous and the gameday experience is wild. I have even had a CTG meetup at Arrowhead.

So there ya have it. I enjoy telling the story and while I love handicapping and football, I love my team from all these miles away.

TL: DR Marty Schottenheimer, Christian Okoye and Derrick Thomas. Put Marty in the HOF
Incredible

Thanks for posting

What I've learned.
I was wrong about Pitt... they are for real.

And get another big test this weekend.
Eagles have the most fight in them in the NFC Least.. i think they will be dangerous IF they somehow get and stay healthy.

I might have been right about the Bears being fools gold. Their offense is pretty limited.

Cincy, though bad, plays really hard.

I have many friends saying Seattle will win the NFC. I still believe, though Russ is ridiculous, their D will be their downfall

Lastly. Is Buffalo in trouble? This is now at least 3 weeks in a row where they have looked less than impressive...

Last edited:
I was too distracted all week to share why I was so high on the Rams this week and it boiled down to the Bears offense. This is my team and I know it well. Losing Daniels was a huge deal because half the reason why the offense has sucked for 1.5 seasons is the OL. The Panthers could not take advantage of this (why I bet the Bears last week) but I knew the Rams would obliterate the Bears on offense. Had no doubt in my mind what happened last night would happen. I had forms of nerves on a "what if the Bears defense shows up and does the same" but the Rams have McVay and a talented offense top to bottom so felt pretty confident.

All to say the Bears are the same team week 1 as they are week 7. There is too much talk about records and are they as good as blah blah. Same goes for most teams honestly. It boils down to matchups, injuries, and who has an advantage that can take over a game.

The Bears vs. Saints.... on paper it seems like the Saints should kill the Bears but..... it is supposed to be very bad weather. Fair warning to hold off on hammering Brees just yet.

Patriots. My god. I liked their spot this week against some of the renewed injuries by the Niners but holy shit was I off. Not gonna lie I planned on 1u but I got coerced into 3u haha. I've always been a Cam hater saying he is vastly overrated for years and loved fading him. Not sure how I forgot this myself and that offense just looks lost.

Now I'm sitting here looking at week 8 like... Patriots a good bet. Someone stop me.

Patriots. My god. I liked their spot this week against some of the renewed injuries by the Niners but holy shit was I off. Not gonna lie I planned on 1u but I got coerced into 3u haha. I've always been a Cam hater saying he is vastly overrated for years and loved fading him. Not sure how I forgot this myself and that offense just looks lost.

Now I'm sitting here looking at week 8 like... Patriots a good bet. Someone stop me.

When the Chiefs ran all over the Bills, my first inclination was I will be on the Patriots when they play Buffalo. I felt like defensively they would shut down the Bills through the air and they would pound them in a ball control game.. Now after the last two weeks, I am not sure I want to. But on the flip side it is NE or nothing for me.

Jets cannot move on from Darnold until they have Lawrence locked up. I am not trading him to draft Fields or any other QB besides Lawrence in the next draft.

I was too distracted all week to share why I was so high on the Rams this week and it boiled down to the Bears offense. This is my team and I know it well. Losing Daniels was a huge deal because half the reason why the offense has sucked for 1.5 seasons is the OL. The Panthers could not take advantage of this (why I bet the Bears last week) but I knew the Rams would obliterate the Bears on offense. Had no doubt in my mind what happened last night would happen. I had forms of nerves on a "what if the Bears defense shows up and does the same" but the Rams have McVay and a talented offense top to bottom so felt pretty confident.

All to say the Bears are the same team week 1 as they are week 7. There is too much talk about records and are they as good as blah blah. Same goes for most teams honestly. It boils down to matchups, injuries, and who has an advantage that can take over a game.

The Bears vs. Saints.... on paper it seems like the Saints should kill the Bears but..... it is supposed to be very bad weather. Fair warning to hold off on hammering Brees just yet.
How bad is the weather? Saints have been much much better in “cold” games over the years.

How bad is the weather? Saints have been much much better in “cold” games over the years.
Wind supposed to be 20mph+ but quite a bit can change between now and then. Saints should win because the Bears have no shot on offense anyway, but if real bad wind it could make this game tighter.

man, I would actually love if the Pats could somehow slip and get either Fields or Lawrence for next year.

League is better when they are good and a villain

Bucs, Steelers, Chiefs and Ravens.

One of those 4 is this seasons champion.

Bucs the best defense of the 4 and the best value of the 4 to win the 'ship.

Back