Week 7 SEC Discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Brutal day Saturday. Just awful. Really been struggling the last few weeks, so hopefully nobody is following. Still a ton of good info in this thread each week, so glad everyone is contributing.

2016: 63-62-5

Week 6: 3-10-1

Week 7 plays:

BYU -7
BYU/MSU OV 57.5
Duke/Ville OV 71.5
Memphis -11.5
Stanford +3
Arizona +8
Boise -31.5
MTSU -2.5
Iowa St +13.5
USF -19.5
UNC +8.5

Last edited:
SEC Week 7 PR lines:

Miss St +8.5 @ BYU
Alabama -8.5 @ Tennessee
Mizzou +5 @ UF
Ole Miss -5 @ Arkansas
LSU -15.5 vs Southern Miss
UGA -17.5 vs Vanderbilt

[video=youtube;y4N08MrTO4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4N08MrTO4g[/video]

Miss St @ BYU (Friday 10:15) -7/61
Vandy @ UGA (Noon) -10.5/44 (Webb?)
Bama @ UT (3:30) +14/53.5
Missouri @ UF (4:00) -11/49.5
Ole Miss @ Arky (7:00) +4.5/59.5
So Miss @ LSU (7:30) -17.5/57.5

I played a few sides - Wasn't really interested in betting many sides this week - Bama, GT, Iowa St were ones I wanted to bet but GT opened higher than I expected will see what that line does. Could have quite a few totals this week depending what we see this afternoon

SEC:
Alabama -10 -120
Miss St/BYU OVER 52.5
Missouri/Florida OVER 44.5
Ole Miss/Arkansas UNDER 68

Other:
Iowa State +14.5 -120
MTSU -1
Northern Illinois +3
Oregon State +13
UVA +3
Duke/Ville OVER 69.5
Memphis/Tulane UNDER 60
UConn/USF UNDER 56.5
VT/Cuse OVER 63
UNC/Miami OVER 58
K State/Oklahoma UNDER 65.5
Kansas/Baylor OVER 66.5
Wake/FSU UNDER 52
Colorado St/Boise UNDER 60
Utah/Oregon State UNDER 21.5 1H
Cal Poly/Portland State UNDER 67.5
Lafayette/Army OVER 46.5

Last edited:
LSU opening so high is the only spread that really surprised me. I'm a full TD diff on that one but I admit I don't feel super confident with that number especially given USM last game. I may try to watch that one or do some more research because I need to find out if I should be taking the points or not

same here about LSU - So Miss, surprised at the opening line.
UTSA played their best game ever, So Miss one of their worst
So Miss with 3 turnovers and gave up 3 plays over 70 yards
So Miss is better than last week and think they cover the 24

Best to you this week GPS

BYU's top two tacklers listed as questionable for State game (Warner + Pau'u) Just something to keep an eye on. Also interested to see Reuben Fosters status for Bama when someone hears something. GL this week GPS

same here about LSU - So Miss, surprised at the opening line.
UTSA played their best game ever, So Miss one of their worst
So Miss with 3 turnovers and gave up 3 plays over 70 yards
So Miss is better than last week and think they cover the 24

Best to you this week GPS

I mean we're talking about a decent mid major here. I get that LSU gets the Coach O bump and they did get to rest up and get the OL and LF healthy but this is a big number. I guess Kentucky did jump on them and get out to a 35-10 lead in the opener and it took some crazy stuff for them to come back and win a game they lose more often than not. I remember watching USM put 31 on a really good Washington defense last Christmas and while they made some absurd catches they showed they can move it against a solid defense. I prefer to back points being scored but not sure they miss the number.

BYU's top two tacklers listed as questionable for State game (Warner + Pau'u) Just something to keep an eye on. Also interested to see Reuben Fosters status for Bama when someone hears something. GL this week GPS

Thanks for the info on BYU tacklers. Foster had concussion but don't imagine he gets held out.

I played a few sides - Wasn't really interested in betting many sides this week - Bama, GT, Iowa St were ones I wanted to bet but GT opened higher than I expected will see what that line does. Could have quite a few totals this week depending what we see this afternoon

SEC:
Alabama -10 -120

Other:
Iowa State +14.5 -120
MTSU -1
Northern Illinois +3
Oregon State +13
Would love to hear your MTSU thoughts, been following them and WKU, was surprised by WKU this last week but I lean MTSU in this game.

Saw that UF-LSU will likely play on 11/19, and their games against USA/Prebyterian will be moved to their scheduled bye weeks.

Would love to hear your MTSU thoughts, been following them and WKU, was surprised by WKU this last week but I lean MTSU in this game.

I was handicapping this game initially because I thought it would be a good spot to potentially bet an OVER. I don't love it - I sort of bet it on impulse when I saw it was under 3 but I don't think I have a huge edge on it. For me it really came down to me liking the MTSU offense more than I like the WKU offense. Both defenses are pretty bad and ST's pretty comparable. I've felt this WKU team took a pretty significant step back this year and I still feel that way - it's really in all phases but the turnover at QB has been a big deal from last year to this year. I like MTSU coming off of the bye week and it being homecoming for a rivalry game. La Tech averaged almost 8 ypp last week against WKU and MTSU has the ability to really explosive while their defense has been pretty good about preventing tons of explosive plays and stiffening in the red zone and adjusting really well in the 2H of games. I like MTSU and I don't like WKU this year - think MTSU gets it done something like 42-35.

SEC:
Alabama -10 -120

Other:
Iowa State +14.5 -120
MTSU -1
Northern Illinois +3
Oregon State +13
Kicking myself for not jumping on the 10 with Bama, good play there imo...

SEC:
Alabama -10 -120

Other:
Iowa State +14.5 -120
MTSU -1
Northern Illinois +3
Oregon State +13

mooooooooooooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Kicking myself for not jumping on the 10 with Bama, good play there imo...

Thanks, Tim. If you like Bama and feel priced out I would propose looking at a TT OVER bet on gameday. Let's figure it's totaled between 52-57 with a line of -12.5. Forecast would be for roughly a 33.5-21 game. Bama has gone over 33.5 in every game this season and last week could have gone for 60+ had they not fumbled twice going in to score. Defense or ST will on avg get you 7 so you need an offense to find 27 in a game in which Bama should lead significantly early and in which Tennessee has to start trying to throw it around like an Air Raid offense and Bama could create short fields. I tried to give Tenn the benefit of the doubt and call their secondary average but I'm starting to think the better descriptor is bad. The speed of the Bama WR is going to kill them and Hurts' mobility helps to nullify some of their DL strength. Also a fun trend, a Bama WR usually adds a few million to his pocketbook after getting the game against the Vols on tape:

Ridley 7 for 88
Cooper 9 for 224 2 TD
Norwood 6 for 112 1 TD
Cooper 7 for 162 2 TD
Maze 5 for 106
Jones 12 for 221
Jones 7 for 54
Jones 6 for 103
Hall 13 for 185 2 TD

Those are the leading Bama receiver numbers for each game of the win streak. For whatever reason it's just always a game where a WR plays really well and I think we could see a couple guys have monster games this year based on how I've seen the Vols regress in that dept each week.

Nothing noteworthy from Orgeron's press conference. Fournette considered questionable but no real discussion on injuries since the players had the weekend off and today is the first practice since Thursday. I'll update as the week goes and more info is available.

AD Joe Alleva did open with a brief discussion about the Florida makeup. Basically said it's a difficult situation, drew a line in the sand by saying LSU has a home game on November 19th and that won't change. I think there is a decent chance that will come back to bite him.

Nothing noteworthy from Orgeron's press conference. Fournette considered questionable but no real discussion on injuries since the players had the weekend off and today is the first practice since Thursday. I'll update as the week goes and more info is available.

AD Joe Alleva did open with a brief discussion about the Florida makeup. Basically said it's a difficult situation, drew a line in the sand by saying LSU has a home game on November 19th and that won't change. I think there is a decent chance that will come back to bite him.

This whole thing is so bizarre. It's like both sides have now gotten their feelings hurt and refuse to give in. SEC office needs to tell them they need to fix it or neither team is eligible for a division title

mooooooooooooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Duke/ville over 69.5
Memphis/Tulane under 60
Miss St/BYU over 52.5
Uconn/usf under 56.5
Vt/cuse over 63
UNC/Miami over 58
K state/Oklahoma under 65.5
Missouri/Florida over 44.5
Southern Miss/LSU over 53
Ole miss/Arkansas under 68
Kansas/Baylor over 66.5
Wake/FSU under 52

FWIW - The UNC/Mia total will likely be cancelled. I'm pretty sure they didn't intend to put a total out on the game and it's currently again OTB so that one will prob be refunded. I'm not super mad about it either way, pretty sizable drop off from Kaaya to backup from what I was reading this morning but even so they could just line up and run it time and again against heels and get in the 30's.

Games cancelled and not made up should count as a loss to both teams. Problem solved. They will figure it out from there.

Games cancelled and not made up should count as a loss to both teams. Problem solved. They will figure it out from there.

At first I thought you were saying that to me in regards to my above post - I was thinking boy that would be a bummer if they took my money from me on that bet for no reason haha

Interesting thing I heard today: Alabama has given up 400 yards passing 5 times under Saban. Is 5-0 in those games

Twink, there is no way this is only Florida's fault. Both sides are responsible for making this more difficult than it had to be. And if Alleva thinks that Alabama should give up their bye week if LSU played the game 10.29, then I'm sure we could get behind a rule change that says that we get a bye every time our opponent does before we play them

Interesting thing I heard today: Alabama has given up 400 yards passing 5 times under Saban. Is 5-0 in those games

Twink, there is no way this is only Florida's fault. Both sides are responsible for making this more difficult than it had to be. And if Alleva thinks that Alabama should give up their bye week if LSU played the game 10.29, then I'm sure we could get behind a rule change that says that we get a bye every time our opponent does before we play them

That is a really surprising stat. I'm thankful that the growing legend of Austin Allen cemented himself on that prestigious list.

Another fun one - Alabama defense has scored 8 TD this season. Alabama defense has allowed 9 TD this season. The race is on, Joshua Dobbs!

Up until the Ole Miss loss last year, I don't think a winning QB had more than 23 pass attempts against Alabama.

Also, Alabama is 126 out of 128 FBS teams in opponent penalties/game. Interestingly, Ohio St is 125th. Amazing that teams play their cleanest games of the season against the two most talented teams in the country

Trying to get in the Delta Dental Suite for the UT Bama gm!
Crossing my fingers.
I jumped ALL over -10
we may struggle to field a healthy team Sat

Miss St @ BYU (Friday 10:15) -7/61
Vandy @ UGA (Noon) -10.5/44 (Webb?)
Bama @ UT (3:30) +14/53.5
Missouri @ UF (4:00) -11/49.5
Ole Miss @ Arky (7:00) +4.5/59.5
So Miss @ LSU (7:30) -17.5/57.5
Are my eyes going bad or did you use purple on 2 lines in this post?

True LSU likes their bye before Bama.....no hiding that. Alleva is a moron in my opinion...no denying that.

If this isn't more FLA's fault someone needs to tell me how. I get it, they don't want to come to BR. I would not either.
Then why the fuck wasn't it played Sunday or today(or Sat night) in Gains?

What is more probable? Do you think both schools thought they just wouldn't have to play it lol?

Trying to get in the Delta Dental Suite for the UT Bama gm!
Crossing my fingers.
I jumped ALL over -10
we may struggle to field a healthy team Sat

If you get in the suite, kick every executive you see in the balls for me.

I was handicapping this game initially because I thought it would be a good spot to potentially bet an OVER. I don't love it - I sort of bet it on impulse when I saw it was under 3 but I don't think I have a huge edge on it. For me it really came down to me liking the MTSU offense more than I like the WKU offense. Both defenses are pretty bad and ST's pretty comparable. I've felt this WKU team took a pretty significant step back this year and I still feel that way - it's really in all phases but the turnover at QB has been a big deal from last year to this year. I like MTSU coming off of the bye week and it being homecoming for a rivalry game. La Tech averaged almost 8 ypp last week against WKU and MTSU has the ability to really explosive while their defense has been pretty good about preventing tons of explosive plays and stiffening in the red zone and adjusting really well in the 2H of games. I like MTSU and I don't like WKU this year - think MTSU gets it done something like 42-35.

WKU may have been looking ahead to MTSU. I am not really sure how good La Tech is.
This game is getting SO MUCH hype here in Nashville. (Since Vandy suxs)
I'll keep my ear to the ground and post anything I hear on the radio or the locals.
Haven't seen a total yet but would be on the OVER for sure (really no matter what it is, they can't make it high enough) I really like Stockstill @ QB
it is supposed to be very nice football weather here on Saturday low 80s sunny, showers Fri Night
If I am not in Knoxville for UT/Bama, I will head out to catch this game. This really should be a exciting game.

If you get in the suite, kick every executive you see in the balls for me.
and say its from a Bama fan! That'll be a quick exit
Ya know.... I could kick my high school buddy in the nuts for you. He's pretty high up there

True LSU likes their bye before Bama.....no hiding that. Alleva is a moron in my opinion...no denying that.

If this isn't more FLA's fault someone needs to tell me how. I get it, they don't want to come to BR. I would not either.
Then why the fuck wasn't it played Sunday or today(or Sat night) in Gains?

What is more probable? Do you think both schools thought they just wouldn't have to play it lol?

I imagine that at least one reason for not having the game this weekend was that Gainesville didn't want to tie up any resources to a football game if they were going to be needed elsewhere in the state for hurricane relief. Now obviously the storm wasn't as severe as originally thought, but you'd think that of all schools, LSU would have been a little more understanding. Maybe Florida saw a potential loophole and tried to exploit it, but until proven otherwise, I have to assume that they made the decision they did for the right reasons. But because of the storm, somebody is going to have to bend a little bit. And the way they are both are acting right is stupid. Figure it out and play the damn game.

and say its from a Bama fan! That'll be a quick exit

Say it's from a dentist and they'll probably understand, laugh, and then make sure the fridge is stocked in their private jet for the ride home while they figure out more ways to screw the patients and dentists for their own profit

Tons of Tenny injuries, but that Kamara kid is pretty good. Looked better that Hurd.

He is def better than Hurd, IMO. They are a nice combo but Kamara is way underutilized. He was actually at Bama but transfered. He and Saban didn't seem to get along too well, he was suspended and hurt a couple times his freshman season before he left. He is actually from metro Atlanta. He will be a productive NFL RB, Hurd will be a wasted draft pick. I actually liked the other kid too that spelled him.

WKU may have been looking ahead to MTSU. I am not really sure how good La Tech is.
This game is getting SO MUCH hype here in Nashville. (Since Vandy suxs)
I'll keep my ear to the ground and post anything I hear on the radio or the locals.
Haven't seen a total yet but would be on the OVER for sure (really no matter what it is, they can't make it high enough) I really like Stockstill @ QB
it is supposed to be very nice football weather here on Saturday low 80s sunny, showers Fri Night
If I am not in Knoxville for UT/Bama, I will head out to catch this game. This really should be a exciting game.

Total is 70.5. I like the over also but not sure how much more involved I want to be in the game. My guess is it goes up but if for whatever reason the under takes money I may just have to bet it. Please do post anything local you read on game

Also, if anyone has some type of database where this is easy to pull up - has Alabama ever had a total in the 60's against a conference opponent? That's where this one opened - 60. I can't remember there ever being a total that high in the 12 years I've been a Bama fan. I should have bet it by my numbers but against Tennessee I have a strict policy to not bet anything that would keep me from fully rooting for a 70-0 Bama win and spoil my victory cigar.

I imagine that at least one reason for not having the game this weekend was that Gainesville didn't want to tie up any resources to a football game if they were going to be needed elsewhere in the state for hurricane relief. Now obviously the storm wasn't as severe as originally thought, but you'd think that of all schools, LSU would have been a little more understanding. Maybe Florida saw a potential loophole and tried to exploit it, but until proven otherwise, I have to assume that they made the decision they did for the right reasons. But because of the storm, somebody is going to have to bend a little bit. And the way they are both are acting right is stupid. Figure it out and play the damn game.
There is no doubt they made the correct call based on the information that was available on Thursday afternoon. However, it's absurd they never considered a contingency, and weren't forced by Sankey to put one on the table, prior to that. There were no major shifts in the track or forecast from Tuesday until the call was made, but for some reason they were allowed to keep saying "We're playing at the scheduled time in Gainesville on Saturday" until it was too late to make any other arrangements for Saturday through Monday.

Alleva is an idiot and I can't stand him. He should have been more vocal about what was going on earlier in the week to shine light on what Florida was trying to do. But he waited and now comes across as being completely uncooperative which will eventually come back to haunt him unless Tennessee wins this weekend. LSU was willing to play anywhere over the weekend, fly in and out on the same day to not take up hotel rooms, host it, play at a neutral site, etc. He should have made all that known up front. He has legitimate reasons for not wanting to play it on the 19th, but he didn't deliver them the way he should have so now he just looks like a whiner, and will look even worse when he is forced to play it.

Maybe it will finally get him fired.

MOT said it GPS, for me.

Also, wtf is Sankey doing? Is he there to let these 2 schools go back and forth publicly and look awful to all of NCAAF?

SEC shoulda laid it out, but I agree with ALL mot said above.....so knowing all that, you see what I mean?

Incredible stats here from RBR article:

"Following Saturday’s game in Fayetteville, Pro Football Focus broke down the quarterback play for each team, and one particular metric stood out above all others:

What Alabama did to Arkansas quarterback Austin Allen on Saturday night really can’t be overstated. Allen dropped back to pass 61 times, and was under pressure on 42 of those plays. That’s 68.9 percent of his dropbacks. To put that into context, Allen was pressured on 37.8 percent of his dropbacks through the first five weeks of the season — one of the highest rates in the nation. Combined, the Alabama defense finished the game with 46 total pressures, including seven sacks and nine quarterback hits. Seven different players registered at least four pressures, including backup edge defender Terrell Hall, who managed to register a sack and four hurries, despite rushing the passer just eight times. One of the most dominant team performances you’ll ever see from a pass-rushing standpoint, they made life miserable for the Arkansas quarterback.

That number is simply absurd. For some perspective, the NFL QB who was under the most duress in 2014 was pressured roughly 45% of the time. Allen had to deal with pressure on more than two-thirds of his drop-backs, which makes his performance nothing short of incredible.

To be sure, some of that pressure was of the manufactured variety as Jeremy Pruitt sent an extra rusher on several occasions, which will leave some vulnerability on the back end. Still, to put up the numbers he did in the face of that level of pressure is impressive and bodes well for his future.

By contrast, Jalen Hurts was pressured on fewer than a quarter of his drop-backs. Should that continue, this offense will not be stopped.

Roll Tide."

Full PFF grade recap. If you aren't reading this site each week, I highly recommend it: https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-alabama-arkansas-grades/

[FONT=&quot]Alabama Crimson Tide 49, Arkansas Razorbacks 30[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here are the biggest takeaways and top-graded players from Alabama’s 49-30 win over Arkansas:[/FONT]
[h=3]Alabama Crimson Tide[/h][FONT=&quot]Quarterback grade: Jalen Hurts, 72.7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hurts finished the game with an average grade, but that is more indicative of what he was asked to do rather than his play not being impressive. He was rested by midway through the fourth quarter and dropped back to pass just 18 times in the game. What really helped was how little pressure he was under, with the Arkansas defense getting there on just four of those 18 dropbacks. Perfect on throws either behind the line of scrimmage, or up to 19 yards downfield, Hurts took what the defense gave him and kept moving the chains when needed, behind a dominant running game.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top offensive grades:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TE O.J. Howard, 76.4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]C Bradley Bozeman, 75.8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OT Cam Robinson, 74.2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OT Jonah Williams, 73.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WR ArDarius Stewart, 71.6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dominant running game powers Alabama[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With big runs from three different running backs, Alabama’s running game found the big plays to blow this game open. Damien Harris finished as the team’s leading rusher, rushing for 118 yards, including a 57-yard run off the left end. He benefited from good blocking, with just 38 of his yards coming after contact. That wasn’t the case for Bo Scarborough, who had his best game since arriving at Alabama, with 41 of his 56 yards coming after contact. True freshman Joshua Jacobs saw just three carries before leaving the game injured, but that was enough time for an impressive 56-yard run, although he did fumble to end that drive. One player who really stood out as a run-blocker was tight end O.J. Howard. Whether it was sealing defensive ends at the line of scrimmage, or linebackers at the second level, he did his part to keep defenders from the running backs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top defensive grades:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CB Minkah Fitzpatrick, 88.7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LB Shaun Dion Hamilton, 83.9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ED Tim Williams, 82.5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ED Terrell Hall, 81.8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S Ronnie Harrison, 80.3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pressure, pressure, pressure[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What Alabama did to Arkansas quarterback Austin Allen on Saturday night really can’t be overstated. Allen dropped back to pass 61 times, and was under pressure on 42 of those plays. That’s 68.9 percent of his dropbacks. To put that into context, Allen was pressured on 37.8 percent of his dropbacks through the first five weeks of the season — one of the highest rates in the nation. Combined, the Alabama defense finished the game with 46 total pressures, including seven sacks and nine quarterback hits. Seven different players registered at least four pressures, including backup edge defender Terrell Hall, who managed to register a sack and four hurries, despite rushing the passer just eight times. One of the most dominant team performances you’ll ever see from a pass-rushing standpoint, they made life miserable for the Arkansas quarterback. CB Minkah Fitzpatrick earned the highest grade of the game, including his 100-plus-yard interception return for a touchdown.[/FONT]
[h=3]Arkansas Razorbacks[/h][FONT=&quot]Quarterback grade: Austin Allen, 63.2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This was definitely Allen’s worst game of the year so far, but with the amount of pressure he was faced with, it’s hard to blame him too much. He’s performed very well under pressure so far this year, but completed just 35.5 percent of his passes under pressure against Alabama. When he was given enough time, he went 14-for-18 for 216 yards and a touchdown, but even with his early-season performances in the face of pressure, the sheer volume he faced added up on Saturday night.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]C Frank Ragnow, 82.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WR Jared Cornelius, 78.6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OT Dan Skipper, 69.3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WR Dominique Reed, 68.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WR Keon Hatcher, 67.6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cornelius has a big day downfield[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When the Razorbacks were able to make things happen on in the passing game, wide receiver Jared Cornelius was often a big part of it. He caught five passes in the game, with three of them coming on passes 20 yards or further downfield, while he also took a short pass 57 yards. Despite Alabama cornerback Minkah Fitzpatrick’s big day, Cornelius picked up 102 yards on three catches when matched up against him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LB Dwayne Eugene, 78.6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CB DJ Dean, 76.2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LB Dre Greenlaw, 75.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DT Taiwan Johnson, 73.5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LB De’Jon Harris, 71.5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wise Jr. shut out as a pass-rusher[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One of the big individual matchups coming into this game was supposed to be defensive end Deatrich Wise Jr. going up against Alabama left tackle Cam Robinson. With Wise Jr. splitting time between the right and left side, and Alabama able to rely on their running game as much as they were, it didn’t really happen like that, and we saw them lined up against each other when Wise rushed the passer just seven times. Still, it wasn’t a good game for him overall, managing to generate zero total pressures on 15 pass-rushing opportunities.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Texas A&M Aggies 45, Tennessee Volunteers 38[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here are the top-graded players and biggest takeaways from Texas A&M’s 45-38 double overtime win over Tennessee:[/FONT]
[h=3]Texas A&M Aggies[/h][FONT=&quot]Quarterback grade: Trevor Knight, 70.0[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was another up-and-down performance for Knight. He made a handful of throws on go routes that were in absolutely perfect place, but then he’d spike an easy wide receiver screen into the dirt a few plays later. Even on the post route in overtime, Knight forced Christian Kirk to make a miraculous catch on what was a wide-open throw. Thankfully he was rock-solid carrying the ball, picking up 116 yards on 15 carries, including that huge 62-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WR Josh Reynolds, 82.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WR Christian Kirk, 78.9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RB Trayveon Williams, 76.5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]C Erik McCoy, 75.9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WR Frank Iheanacho, 71.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Playmaking trio fuels offense[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As you can see from the grades above, wide receivers Josh Reynolds and Christian Kirk and running back Trayveon Williams were the lifeblood of the A&M offense, accounting for 386 of the Aggies’ 592 total yards. Kirk’s return to form couldn’t have come at a better time, as the A&M offense had to rely on quicker passes with how much they were getting overpowered upfront. QB Trevor Knight was pressured on 35.9 percent of his dropbacks despite having 29 of his 39 passes leave his hand in 2.5 seconds or less (meaning he was under very quick pressure).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DT Daylon Mack, 81.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DE Myles Garrett, 80.7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CB Priest Willis, 80.4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DT Kingsley Keke, 79.8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LB Claude George, 77.4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Missed tackles almost sink Aggies[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There were some impressive individual performances on the Texas A&M defense, but as a whole there was one glaring issue all game long: tackling. They combined to miss 31 tackles on 101 attempts. That’s almost averaging a miss once every three attempts. Safety Armani Watts (who made the game-sealing interception) missed seven tackles to lead the team, while linebacker Richard Moore missed more tackles (4) than he made (3). With their tackling woes, the Aggies were lucky to come out of this one with the W.[/FONT]
[h=3]Tennessee Volunteers[/h][FONT=&quot]Quarterback grade: Josh Dobbs, 66.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The stat line for Dobbs definitely does not match up with his grade in this one, and for good reason — it wasn’t him doing much of the work in the pass game. Of his 391 yards, 314 of them came after the catch. And when he did try to throw the ball down the field, the results weren’t inspiring. On throws targeted 10-plus yards past the line of scrimmage, Dobbs was 2-of-14. It wasn’t a bad performance from Dobbs, but his pass-catchers deserve more of the credit than he does for the Vols’ gaudy passing game production.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RB Alvin Kamara, 88.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]C Coleman Thomas, 74.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LT Brett Kendrick, 72.8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WR JaJuan Jennings, 71.7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WR Tyler Byrd, 70.4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alvin Kamara puts on an incredible performance[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After an early fumble at the tail end of one of the most impressive runs after a catch on a screen pass that you’ll ever see, the Volunteers’ backup running back (starter Jalen Hurd was out with an injury) had one of the highest-graded performances of any running back this season. On 26 touches he broke 13 tackles, averaged 5.6 yards after contact per rush, and 21.6 yards after the catch. It’s a shame the game couldn’t have gone on any longer, as Kamara was playing on another level Saturday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LB Colton Jumper, 84.4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DE Derek Barnett, 83.7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DT Danny O’Brien, 79.3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DT Kahlil McKenzie, 78.6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DE Corey Vereen, 77.4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Derek Barnett outplays Myles Garrett[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Myles Garrett may have been hampered by injury, but this battle between two of college football’s best edge rushers goes to the Tennessee defensive end Derek Barnett. Barnett had a sack, three hits, and three hurries on 33 pass rushes to earn his second-highest pass-rushing grade of the season. He also had a pass defensed when asked to split wide and defend a seam route run by A&M wide receiver Josh Reynolds — one of the most freakishly athletic plays you’ll see from a 265-pound man all season.[/FONT]

Back