UTEP+5½
07:00 PM

Boston College+10½
Virginia Tech-10½
Georgia+6½
Alabama-6½
Central Arkansas-7½
Missouri State+7½

does anybody think florida state found something in the new qb ? seems like they changed up their style of play. Brad Powers was on FSU last week because he saw momentum in the jacksonville state game. I thought he was crazy. And I still think FSU is pretty bad

does vandy have a pulse ? number is alot for missouri

feel that oklahoma state is gonna own the line of scrimmage against baylor. I don't think baylor is strong on the lines this year.

does anybody think florida state found something in the new qb ? seems like they changed up their style of play. Brad Powers was on FSU last week because he saw momentum in the jacksonville state game. I thought he was crazy. And I still think FSU is pretty bad

feel that oklahoma state is gonna own the line of scrimmage against baylor. I don't think baylor is strong on the lines this year.
I think Norvell is going to win big at FSU. I believe the darkest has passed. The new QB is a positive development. I'm buying Norvell and looking for spots.

Alabama drop to -4.5 at BM......
Wonder what the total will be in this game.....
Think we got discount on the line due to Lane lighting up Saban’s D

LSU a line I expect and you’d have to hold your nose but I have to think they play way better of that is even possible at this point

Major major rivalry game

Just looked for first time here after lunch.

Auburn -3 at South Carolina? Seems like two teams that are pretty even.

I would think Kentucky competes with Vols, +7 seems good number to take UK on?

I'd be inclined to take LSU...saw it came down to 13.5.

What is status of Virginia QB? Back up seemed pretty bad from my occasional glances. Probably lean with Wake even with the primary Cavs QB.

UMass is back in rotation! Good for them. I would assume they get drilled, the line says as much.

Middle Tenn just won their first game of the year and now laying 7.5 home vs North Texas? Neither team is good, looks odd.

That Ok St - Baylor game could be interesting. Assuming Sanders would be back this week?

Would this be the week that Georgia's O shortcomings might cost them this week? Or is their D that good? I'd probably side with the better offensive team in this one who should matchup better vs UGA O with the pretty certain assumption that Saban going to have that Tide D much better prepared this week. As much as I respect Georgia D...wondering how much can they limit Bama O?

We really need a couple later kickoffs than 8:00! Third straight week of nothing kicking after 8:00.

Right, the turnovers killed Louisville, but also kind of take the focus off how bad their defense was, again. GT only ran 56 plays, but averaged 8.04 ypp, by far their best on the year. GT averaged 5.70 ypp in their 3 other games combined.

This LV D is just as bad as they were last year unfortunately and they've lost 11 turnovers this year through just 4 games, last year they lost 19 turnovers in 13 games.

I was wondering same thing bout vandy, I have no clue if they got anything but if they do mizzou laying 20 feels crazy. On the other hand wasnt lsu -21 at vandy? Mizzou just beat LSU, and LSU covered easily at vandy. I’m not into that line of capping just makes the number seem more reasonable than when I 1st saw it and the huge culture shock of seeing mizzou -20 vs and sec team!!

can’t wait to see the total In the okie lite/Baylor game. That feels pretty low scoring to me.

Right, the turnovers killed Louisville, but also kind of take the focus off how bad their defense was, again. GT only ran 56 plays, but averaged 8.04 ypp, by far their best on the year. GT averaged 5.70 ypp in their 3 other games combined.

This LV D is just as bad as they were last year unfortunately and they've lost 11 turnovers this year through just 4 games, last year they lost 19 turnovers in 13 games.

as I said in the dog thread I need to get bashed over the head for continually believing this ville team is better than they are, or that they gonna improve cause it clearly not happening. Tech came in with the turnover prone qb in that game yet ville fumbles 100x then failed to get the one or 2 mistakes Simms made,

Hard look at liberty over cuse

i really like that liberty transfer qb. He got some wheels., they been playing a bunch of Swiss cheese defenses tho. Even his performance against Wku looking less and less impressive as it appears Wku defense has regressed from a season ago. At times cuse defense has impressed me but then duke puts up 38 on them??!! If the cuse team of the 1st 3 weeks shows up this be Willis toughest test. The only qb resembling Willis feet cuse has faced would be Gtech Sims, he only rushed for 40 yards against them which been his lowest Rushing total of the year. My initial reaction was liberty as well but now I’m kinda having some doubt,

Last edited:
I was wondering same thing bout vandy, I have no clue if they got anything but if they do mizzou laying 20 feels crazy. On the other hand wasnt lsu -21 at vandy? Mizzou just beat LSU, and LSU covered easily at vandy. I’m not into that line of capping just makes the number seem more reasonable than when I 1st saw it and the huge culture shock of seeing mizzou -20 vs and sec team!!

can’t wait to see the total In the okie lite/Baylor game. That feels pretty low scoring to me.

Vanderbilt and Derek Mason was left for dead last year after just losing at home to UNLV by 24 pts...then in comes Mizzou as a 21 pt road fav and Vandy upset them!

Craziness.

Vanderbilt is pretty bad in the red zone. Should've had their 4th RZ INT on the year (SC dropped it as memory serves). They get a decent drive about one out of every 3 or 4, but then when it comes to actually converting it into points, it has been a low percentage. No surprise they rank dead last nationally in Red Zone scores, only 3 out of 8 trips, 37.5%. Their TD % is only 25%. On the TD % there is a team worse than Vandy if you can believe that, Syracuse is just 12% on scoring TDs when in the RZ!

Vanderbilt and Derek Mason was left for dead last year after just losing at home to UNLV by 24 pts...then in comes Mizzou as a 21 pt road fav and Vandy upset them!

Craziness.

Vanderbilt is pretty bad in the red zone. Should've had their 4th RZ INT on the year (SC dropped it as memory serves). They get a decent drive about one out of every 3 or 4, but then when it comes to actually converting it into points, it has been a low percentage. No surprise they rank dead last nationally in Red Zone scores, only 3 out of 8 trips, 37.5%. Their TD % is only 25%. On the TD % there is a team worse than Vandy if you can believe that, Syracuse is just 12% on scoring TDs when in the RZ!

as I was reading this post and you said there was actually a worse red zone team in my head I was thinking “don’t tell me it cuse”, lol. Without looking I’d assume cuse red zone d has been pretty good at least.

Kansas State QB Thompson out rest of year.

Fr Will Howard started vs TCU and will go from here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-12 cfbstats com - Will Howard 2020 Player Statistics - Kansas State Wildcats.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-12 cfbstats com - Will Howard 2020 Player Statistics - Kansas State Wildcats.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 2
Just looked for first time here after lunch.

Auburn -3 at South Carolina? Seems like two teams that are pretty even.

I would think Kentucky competes with Vols, +7 seems good number to take UK on?

I'd be inclined to take LSU...saw it came down to 13.5.

What is status of Virginia QB? Back up seemed pretty bad from my occasional glances. Probably lean with Wake even with the primary Cavs QB.

UMass is back in rotation! Good for them. I would assume they get drilled, the line says as much.

Middle Tenn just won their first game of the year and now laying 7.5 home vs North Texas? Neither team is good, looks odd.

That Ok St - Baylor game could be interesting. Assuming Sanders would be back this week?

Would this be the week that Georgia's O shortcomings might cost them this week? Or is their D that good? I'd probably side with the better offensive team in this one who should matchup better vs UGA O with the pretty certain assumption that Saban going to have that Tide D much better prepared this week. As much as I respect Georgia D...wondering how much can they limit Bama O?

We really need a couple later kickoffs than 8:00! Third straight week of nothing kicking after 8:00.
LSU does indeed suck tremendously on defense.
I said in another thread I think but I expect much better effort this week.....whatever that means.

Huge huge rivalry game that will be dirty. These teams hate each other

Right, I don't expect offense to be an issue for LSU...even though that LSU running game, what is up there?

But Florida's D continues to show us that they either give up chunk yards or can't get off the field. And that Texas A&M game will not make Marco Wilson's draft hype highlights for sure, their supposed best DB.

So while I don't think LSU is a very good team, + 2 TDs vs another team that isn't great on D in a rivalry...I'll take that.

We don't know, well you might, but whatever is going on in that lockroom and with the coaches could sink LSU, but if they care I do agree we see pretty good fight and effort. Just not going to expect they all of a sudden get 'good', but might expect + the points they are 'good enough'.

Layed Lafayette

man their injury report a string of Covid bro. So how much they been able to practice? Haven’t played since sept 24th. Coastal more physical and controls top, better on 3rd down on both sides the ball. I feel like Ull could get worn down here. That even a bigger problem cause thus far this year they been a much better 2nd half team. If coastal having success running it 65% of the time in the 1st half I dunno if ull will have the energy to come back?

man their injury report a string of Covid bro. So how much they been able to practice? Haven’t played since sept 24th. Coastal more physical and controls top, better on 3rd down on both sides the ball. I feel like Ull could get worn down here. That even a bigger problem cause thus far this year they been a much better 2nd half team. If coastal having success running it 65% of the time in the 1st half I dunno if ull will have the energy to come back?
I don't realize all the covid outs, need to check it out. Thanks

Right, I don't expect offense to be an issue for LSU...even though that LSU running game, what is up there?

But Florida's D continues to show us that they either give up chunk yards or can't get off the field. And that Texas A&M game will not make Marco Wilson's draft hype highlights for sure, their supposed best DB.

So while I don't think LSU is a very good team, + 2 TDs vs another team that isn't great on D in a rivalry...I'll take that.

We don't know, well you might, but whatever is going on in that lockroom and with the coaches could sink LSU, but if they care I do agree we see pretty good fight and effort. Just not going to expect they all of a sudden get 'good', but might expect + the points they are 'good enough'.
To your 1st sentence:

LSU in another stubborn move, off his best performance and what we have been waiting for in the number one RB recruit in the country in Emery, was forced into “rotation”

Idiotic. Not that the offensive line gets a break here either because they don’t. But why oh why they didn’t run Emery more off a game like last is concerning and Orgeron gets blame there

To your 1st sentence:

LSU in another stubborn move, off his best performance and what we have been waiting for in the number one RB recruit in the country in Emery, was forced into “rotation”

Idiotic. Not that the offensive line gets a break here either because they don’t. But why oh why they didn’t run Emery more off a game like last is concerning and Orgeron gets blame there

didnt the smart person responsible for the offense take off to call plays for panthers?

LSU does indeed suck tremendously on defense.
I said in another thread I think but I expect much better effort this week.....whatever that means.

Huge huge rivalry game that will be dirty. These teams hate each other
if they can run, they can move the ball on the Gators.

didnt the smart person responsible for the offense take off to call plays for panthers?
Sure no one wanted him gone. Apparently Linehan calls the goal line and RZ plays exclusively which I wasn’t aware of and I bet many were not.

I’m sure that changes going forward.

Sure no one wanted him gone. Apparently Linehan calls the goal line and RZ plays exclusively which I wasn’t aware of and I bet many were not.

I’m sure that changes going forward.

oh yea, I wasn’t suggesting that. I doubt there was any way to keep him, prob won’t be long for panthers either till someone snatches him for a head coaching job! Seems to be a fast rising star.

is that Scott linehan as in same guy I’m pretty sure used to be oc or HC even for St. Louis rams when they were terrible? If so, that guy sucks!

In Virginia's defense, the weather was ugly, original lefty qb seemed off by it. NC St is looking like they might be special. They got down and it was just sort of a mess. I wonder about QB situation but I'm looking to write that performance off

I’d fade Miami after that performance Saturday night. The Clemson effect is real.

That is pretty interesting. But there are teams missing...like UNC last year and Pitt in 2016. Pitt won and covered the two games as favorites that were after Clemson to end the year and UNC won their next 2 of 3 straight up, but did slump until their season finale. Also missing VT in 2017 who won their next 3 after Clemson (2-1 ATS), then went 2-2 to close the season.

I think the overall point is valid, but it seemed a little cherry picked to make the overall record look more impressive?

That is pretty interesting. But there are teams missing...like UNC last year and Pitt in 2016. Pitt won and covered the two games as favorites that were after Clemson to end the year and UNC won their next 2 of 3 straight up, but did slump until their season finale. Also missing VT in 2017 who won their next 3 after Clemson (2-1 ATS), then went 2-2 to close the season.

I think the overall point is valid, but it seemed a little cherry picked to make the overall record look more impressive?

Maybe the point doesn‘t apply to teams that do really well against Clemson — like those two that you mentioned? So it still applies to Miami?

The point is still strong even though not exactly the complete picture. For years NC State had played Clemson tough (OT in '16 and one score game in '17), so I can't say the author's intent was to exclude teams that play well vs Clemson.

To your 1st sentence:

Why didn't Clemson run Etinne in the 2H against your Tigers?

Love this angle.
That's not the only angle going against Miami. Regardless of whether it was Clemson or someone else. getting their bubble burst like that will be reflected in the next week's performance.

The guy used the 7 ACC teams that play Clemson every year. Of course, that gives your observation validity in a different way since Miami isn't one of those seven.

Why didn't Clemson run Etinne in the 2H against your Tigers?

That's not the only angle going against Miami. Regardless of whether it was Clemson or someone else. getting their bubble burst like that will be reflected in the next week's performance.
You’d have to tell me

Back