Week 7 Discussion Thread

Well after watching titans come off no practice for 2 weeks and dominate bills I’m less inclined to think the ull Rona means as much! Lol

In Virginia's defense, the weather was ugly, original lefty qb seemed off by it. NC St is looking like they might be special. They got down and it was just sort of a mess. I wonder about QB situation but I'm looking to write that performance off

ncst is way better than anyone realized. Their play calling is very good. Leary is a legit qb. I feel like -4.5 vs duke might be a straight up gift!!

Well after watching titans come off no practice for 2 weeks and dominate bills I’m less inclined to think the ull Rona means as much! Lol

yeah....I thought that too. But...here is my ultimate thought on that. Sure Tennessee wasn't able to practice and their schedules and stuff thrown into chaos. But so did Buffalo, no they were able to prepare and practice like normal, but the scheduling was thrown way off in getting ready for this game, and I don't think we would ever know because players and coaches very rarely let on to this kind of thing, but maybe just maybe was Buffalo spending any time thinking about their next game vs Kansas City? A game vs an unbeaten conference team is big no matter what their name is for playoff seeding, but maybe Buffalo thought about all the shit that had been going on with Tennessee the last couple weeks and took them a little lightly and maybe they knew their game vs KC was originally supposed to be in 2 days, instead they play Tennessee tonight and the KC game gets moved.

I have no idea, but I do think it is possible the thought of playing the defending Champions at home on a Thursday night, then rescheduled to Monday night may've played some kind of role. I think they took their prep lightly I think maybe they took Tennessee lightly.

And Buffalo was without CB White and LB Milano and a couple contributors on O, sets up poorly for them.

Who knows and what does it mean for ULL? Probably nothing.

ncst is way better than anyone realized. Their play calling is very good. Leary is a legit qb. I feel like -4.5 vs duke might be a straight up gift!!

They are in the same conference and are in the same state and haven't played for 7 years? Example A why super conferences suck.

yeah....I thought that too. But...here is my ultimate thought on that. Sure Tennessee wasn't able to practice and their schedules and stuff thrown into chaos. But so did Buffalo, no they were able to prepare and practice like normal, but the scheduling was thrown way off in getting ready for this game, and I don't think we would ever know because players and coaches very rarely let on to this kind of thing, but maybe just maybe was Buffalo spending any time thinking about their next game vs Kansas City? A game vs an unbeaten conference team is big no matter what their name is for playoff seeding, but maybe Buffalo thought about all the shit that had been going on with Tennessee the last couple weeks and took them a little lightly and maybe they knew their game vs KC was originally supposed to be in 2 days, instead they play Tennessee tonight and the KC game gets moved.

I have no idea, but I do think it is possible the thought of playing the defending Champions at home on a Thursday night, then rescheduled to Monday night may've played some kind of role. I think they took their prep lightly I think maybe they took Tennessee lightly.

And Buffalo was without CB White and LB Milano and a couple contributors on O, sets up poorly for them.

Who knows and what does it mean for ULL? Probably nothing.

fair points and that makes me feel little better for sure. Cause I think coastal has some real physicality advantages and all the Ull time off can’t be good. Plus Ull has not been good in any 1st half so if coastal able to establish their ball control early not sure Ull have the energy to come back. I’m thinking coastal 1st half ml then also a play on the +7.5.

Don’t think coastal is going to be able to stop the LaLa rushing attack
Elijah Mitchell is excellent. This is a well coached team.

I'm also thinking Coastal tt under. This would fly right in the face of present narrative of Coastal offense. Arky St was an interesting win, but Campbell and Kansas are to build stats.

Elijah Mitchell is excellent. This is a well coached team.

I'm also thinking Coastal tt under. This would fly right in the face of present narrative of Coastal offense. Arky St was an interesting win, but Campbell and Kansas are to build stats.

Campbell ran for 5.2 yards per carry. LaLa has one of the most explosive rush offenses in the country.

Don’t think coastal is going to be able to stop the LaLa rushing attack

I just hope ull plays true to form thus far on the season and starts slow! I played coastal 1st half +4.5.

Ull has multiple linebackers and d-lineman on covid list. Coastal rushes 65% of the time gaining 4.3 per carry, ull allows 4.2 per carry.

Yes Ull rush attack strong but costal 33rd in the nation allowing 3.8 per carry. Laffy taffy not nearly as committed to the run as costal and my biggest thing, Costal 5th in country converting 58% of 3rd downs, ull defense allowing 46% success on 3rd down!! Where it really gets interesting ull only converts 35.9% their 3rd downs while coastal d 22nd in country only allowing a 34% success rate on 3rd down! I feel like coastal is gonna be able to really control the pace of this game as they enjoy on average having the ball over 35 minutes a game while Ull only has it 27 minutes a game! Coastal doesn’t pass ass much but they complete a much higher percentage their passes.

to me this all points to a good ull team I like but been dealing with Covid getting worn down by a team who is very physical and grinds teams down.

Tell you one thing. If ull does start strong and hit some big plays but coastal is controlling top I could def see Ull run out of steam after the adrenaline wears off!

I just dont like CSTL road track record. They have never beaten anyone. Except of course ULL in 2018 happen again? I dont know what happened in that road win but the line was only +3. I am not trusting this road dog, good season or not.

I just dont like CSTL road track record. They have never beaten anyone. Except of course ULL in 2018 happen again? I dont know what happened in that road win but the line was only +3. I am not trusting this road dog, good season or not.

I have all but chosen to ignore home/road this year. We shall see if it a mistake!

Suppose this could be a good time for one the smart folks around here to point out this seasons home/road record! :).

I have no action on the game (yet) good luck either way. I might get involved in game we'll see. I want to see If Coastal is bad Coastal on the road, and over matched by a well motivated team. Or is ULL rusty. Maybe if Rusty I get a better line, I would love to see that. So yea get paid on your first half is fine with me.

I have no action on the game (yet) good luck either way. I might get involved in game we'll see. I want to see If Coastal is bad Coastal on the road, and over matched by a well motivated team. Or is ULL rusty. Maybe if Rusty I get a better line, I would love to see that. So yea get paid on your first half is fine with me.

to be perfectly honest I don’t love the idea of “rust”, I am worried them hyped up to play again negates what was turning into a trend for them of starting slow! Actually think after reading your link im more concerned about 1st half than I woulda been had this been normal circumstance since laffy taffy been slow starters all year!!! My one saving grace could be they to jacked up to play and make some effort mistakes!!!

ULL was in peak form with time to prepare vs Iowa State.

The following two games they messed around and need to rally to come back. If they don’t fall behind early they should win by DD.

Ull has multiple linebackers and d-lineman on covid list.

I remember they were without DT Humphrey and LB Dillon in their last game (which was 3 weeks ago). I assume those two are back now. Who else is on the "list" or do you have a link?

I remember they were without DT Humphrey and LB Dillon in their last game (which was 3 weeks ago). I assume those two are back now. Who else is on the "list" or do you have a link?

pretty sure those were still out. Let me if I can find again

I see those 2 still listed as illness plus 2 more backers and another defensive lineman. But maybe they play. It says unknown. If they had it tho that means their stamina probably not so hot even if they play.

Dillon listed here at least as being back:

Remember what we have seen, I would not make a bet on or against a team based on presumed players out. I do think it hurt ULL vs Ga Southern, just so many other games it has been overblown in.

Dillon listed here at least as being back:

Remember what we have seen, I would not make a bet on or against a team based on presumed players out. I do think it hurt ULL vs Ga Southern, just so many other games it has been overblown in.

that wasn’t at all up top of reasons for the bet. It was all the things I listed about coastal ball control, ull slow starts, 3rd down conversion advantage on both sides. I just think coastal physicality will match up with them. Honestly I’d preferred no Covid since now ull might be more jacked to start fast, they been slow starters all year. Hoping they over hyped and make few mistakes.

I'm hopeful of a competitive game. I do think that Coastal Carolina has grown and improved this year, but if 2019 is any indication, they had a long way to go to compete with a ULL A game.

Pesonally I don't know what to make of the game and don't believe I see a bet for me unless I have some kind of vision in the next 30 minutes.

ULL's O "should" be good, but they really haven't played to that level in any of their 3 games this year. We haven't seen the best ULL team yet this year, even in their ISU win, not exactly a complete game out of them. Coastal, pretty sure we've seen the best they got (1st H vs KU, vs Ark St). Not sure what we get tonight though.

Did see another article that lists Humphrey as back and two additional LBs. I would probably expect and assume a ULL roster at full strength.

www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/sports/ul_lafayette/article_a4d9ce88-0d8a-11eb-a532-cbbd76102380.html

This a reverse line movement game? More tickets on Coastal and line going up for ULL?

I'm hopeful of a competitive game. I do think that Coastal Carolina has grown and improved this year, but if 2019 is any indication, they had a long way to go to compete with a ULL A game.

Pesonally I don't know what to make of the game and don't believe I see a bet for me unless I have some kind of vision in the next 30 minutes.

ULL's O "should" be good, but they really haven't played to that level in any of their 3 games this year. We haven't seen the best ULL team yet this year, even in their ISU win, not exactly a complete game out of them. Coastal, pretty sure we've seen the best they got (1st H vs KU, vs Ark St). Not sure what we get tonight though.

Did see another article that lists Humphrey as back and two additional LBs. I would probably expect and assume a ULL roster at full strength.

www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/sports/ul_lafayette/article_a4d9ce88-0d8a-11eb-a532-cbbd76102380.html

has to be considering where line flying up.

This a reverse line movement game? More tickets on Coastal and line going up for ULL?

I don’t worry bout that. Never bought coastal being real popular, masses usually take the ranked team. Plus Ull everyone darlings

God dammit. That where coastal should have edge but couldn’t get off field on 3rd. He had all day.

Back