***Week 7 CFB, Week 6 NFL In-Game***

I have proven it...the last time (or 2 times) we did this. I'm not going to do that AGAIN because you're too lazy to even attempt to prove yourself correct. Statistically, he's the best 4th quarter QB in the history of the league. He also is either at or very near the top in 4th quarter comebacks.

You want to focus on "elimination" games and offer that he chokes without showing one iota of truth. Even if you're right (which, until you show proof, you're not)....they don't even get to that "elimination" game without him bringing them back a few times in the 4th quarter during the regular season.

lol, can someone offer "proof" to this guy that Romo sucks in the 4th quarter when the Cowboys win or go home? I'm going by memory.

Not sure what kind of patterns the Giants are running there, looked like three straight line run and stops. Not too difficult to cover.

lol, can someone offer "proof" to this guy that Romo sucks in the 4th quarter when the Cowboys win or go home? I'm going by memory.

All I remember is some fumbled snap on a fg in a big game...other than that I recall nothing and go a step further to say "who gives a shit about romo, the Cowboys have been irrelevant for years"

I was eating dinner. This game wouldn't have eliminated Dallas from the possibility of winning a Super Bowl. Those are the ones Romo loses. In the 4th quarter. By throwing interceptions, or fumbling, or being stopped on downs.

he did do pretty shitty in Week 17 against the Eagles that one year

but I refuse to argue about it because I don't care

you win, mate

Yeah, it's happened. It's happened for every QB in the game most likely. Tip wants us to believe it happens often, or everytime Romo is in that situation.

I do know one thing. The Browns aren't gonna win the SB or anything. So its funny and kind of cute to see tip get so excited about football this late into the season for the first time in 15 years

And I will continue to go by memory until you give me ONE contrary example.

Yeah, it's happened. It's happened for every QB in the game most likely. Tip wants us to believe it happens often, or everytime Romo is in that situation.

fuck, youve got me pulled in. Losing 44-0 or whatever to your your division rival to make the playoffs at home is something that does not happen to most QB's. Led his team to a donut. That's a choke. Watch Silver Linings Playbook, they talk about it more in depth

All I remember is some fumbled snap on a fg in a big game...other than that I recall nothing and go a step further to say "who gives a shit about romo, the Cowboys have been irrelevant for years"

Yep, he did that too. He fumbled a snap at a crucial time and cost them that game....8 or 9 years ago. Based on that, people like Tip (and their "memories") just say "Romo is a choker" without knowing, or even caring to know if that's actually true.

You're right about the Cowboys, they haven't been relevant for years, and it's a pointless debate in the end. It just grinds my gears when people spout off about stuff without knowing if what they're saying is even remotely close to the truth. And to continue to spout off, in the face of evidence that says otherwise, is just someone being a douche.

I just googled it, and it has happened much more for him than other qbs. Not all in big games, but in the fourth quarter with a game on the line he is average at best

fuck, youve got me pulled in. Losing 44-0 or whatever to your your division rival to make the playoffs at home is something that does not happen to most QB's. Led his team to a donut. That's a choke. Watch Silver Linings Playbook, they talk about it more in depth

That's not a choke, and it's not what Tip is talking about. Losing 44-0 is proof that your QB choked?

And I will continue to go by memory until you give me ONE contrary example.

Again, I have...in the other thread(s) that we brought this up. It's pointless for me to do it again, because you just proved that you won't remember anyway. Right?

Going off my memory here, but yeah Romo has led his team back in the 4th quarter plenty. But he's thrown that game crippling interception a few times. The Cowboys are basically on national TV every week, so his fuck ups are seen far more then most QB's.

Again, I have...in the other thread(s) that we brought this up. It's pointless for me to do it again, because you just proved that you won't remember anyway. Right?

Humor me and do it one more time. How has he performed … late in the games … when Dallas has had to win or go home? You know, how NFL quarterbacks have been measured since great lizards walked the earth.

Humor me and do it one more time. How has he performed … late in the games … when Dallas has had to win or go home? You know, how NFL quarterbacks have been measured since great lizards walked the earth.

Yep, he did that too. He fumbled a snap at a crucial time and cost them that game....8 or 9 years ago. Based on that, people like Tip (and their "memories") just say "Romo is a choker" without knowing, or even caring to know if that's actually true.

You're right about the Cowboys, they haven't been relevant for years, and it's a pointless debate in the end. It just grinds my gears when people spout off about stuff without knowing if what they're saying is even remotely close to the truth. And to continue to spout off, in the face of evidence that says otherwise, is just someone being a douche.

I just read and article (and can't for the life of me get cut and paste to work right now), he is one of the best in qbr in the 4th quarter overall, but in the last 3 minutes of the fourth he is one of the worst with more interceptions than anyone active

take that for what it's worth

Here you go...21 4th quarter comebacks, and 25 game-winning drives. 5 of them were in December. 9 of them were in November.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RomoTo00

Now, you can show us the games that you're referring to where Tony Romo's team had a chance to win (or comeback) in the 4th quarter of a "win or go home" game. Since you say there are so many, and he's such a choker, it shouldn't take long to find them.

Back