Week 6 What Are We Learning

Dallas is awful. That's not something that needed to be learned but 4 straight home games with a huge deficit. Not good.

NFC Norris has 4+ wins each. First time at this point in season since realignment in 2002 (I believe this was the shefty tweet).

Baltimore games are fun!

Philadelphia lucky to play Cleveland.

NFC South is wild and wacky!

Fields just gets the job done.

The quarterback play in this league is atrocious, the last 3-4 years have been abysmal with QB play. Even with the refs calling DPI every 5 minutes, the quarterbacks stink.

Lions need an edge rusher, probably 2. They were already in the market for one prior to the Hutch injury. Just something to monitor moving forward.

Glen and Ben Johnson will be hot commodities during the playoffs, another thing to monitor how those situations go if the Lions make it and go deep. Jets seem to be the betting favorite for Johnson, but he wants a perfect situation...he was smart to turn down Carolina even though he is from the Carolinas I believe. He would be excellent at Dallas, but I personally don't think Dak is it. We'll see.

Drake Maye might be a good one. He can make plays. Caleb looks better every week. Bo Nix isn't that bad, and Jayden Daniel is awesome. This is encouraging for QB play moving forward.

Dallas is awful. That's not something that needed to be learned but 4 straight home games with a huge deficit. Not good.

NFC Norris has 4+ wins each. First time at this point in season since realignment in 2002 (I believe this was the shefty tweet).

Baltimore games are fun!

Philadelphia lucky to play Cleveland.

NFC South is wild and wacky!

Fields just gets the job done.
Eagles definitely lose if AJ Brown were out

As an Eagles fan, let me just thank your boys @HUNT and @B.A.R. for what they did to dallASS. That was BEAUTIFUL.

Sucks about Aiden. Brutal injury. I think you could actually hear it on the broadcast. It was LOUD

Dallas was going to get raped. Lions wanted this since last year, shit they wanted them in the playoffs last year. Hutch will be alright, he will be back for next year which is good news. Break of the tibia bone which is better than having your fibula break. No nerve damage, not a compund fracture. Good a news you can get for that ype of injury, just hope for a successful operation and recovery. He broke his other leg in 2019 or 2020, just glad it wasn't that one, or it would have maybe ended his career.

Dallas was going to get raped. Lions wanted this since last year, shit they wanted them in the playoffs last year. Hutch will be alright, he will be back for next year which is good news. Break of the tibia bone which is better than having your fibula break. No nerve damage, not a compund fracture. Good a news you can get for that ype of injury, just hope for a successful operation and recovery. He broke his other leg in 2019 or 2020, just glad it wasn't that one, or it would have maybe ended his career.
Yeah. They were out for payback clearly. I thoroughly enjoyed watching that, especially since my team continues to play Yag as fuck even off a bye against a trash team

Last thoughts on Detroit....

Last two games Goff has gotten back to last years production. I was worried the first few weeks.

Running game humming.

Defense much more sound. Something about Seattle games...

Everyone contributing in the receiving game. Nice to see Sam get a big one.

We had lost 5 or 6 straight to Dallas.

This ranks in the top 4 of wins...

- 2024 worst Jones loss at home
-1991 Wild Card Win
-1994 MNF Classic in OT
-Calvin Johnson game (329)

Here's a link to that 2013 game.

Look at the box and also wild Detroit had to rally.

The stains played their 3rd road game in a row yesterday and covered.
Bills play their 3rd tonight.

3 road games in a row used to be a thing.

-1991 Wild Card Win
-1994 MNF Classic in OT
Congrats on the win and all.....but damn. Top 4? Baby steps I guess.

Within the span of an hour two players made their first attempt at toting the ball, one for Dallas, one for the Raiders, and they both had the ball peanut punched out. In fact, the peanut punch has become rampant in the league. Moral - do not use first timers on your half of the field.

Zach Moss fumbled in the Bengals game and didn't see another touch the rest of the night. Only came in for some 3rd down pass blocking. Chase Brown fumbled late but miraculously the ball bounced out of bounds. He got the game sealing TD run. Moral - you can fumble but don't lose possession.

Cowboys aren't winning anything of consequence this year, of that there's no doubt. I'll only say that last year they also had a week 7 bye and they used it to retool the offense....the next 7 games they scored 43, 23, 49, 33, 45, 41 and 33 and Dak became an MVP candidate. So they've shown they can do some productive things over the break. They should also get Parsons and Bland back. Playoffs are not out of the question yet in what is a flawed division. And they still beat the Steelers this year for which I am grateful. You know how Auburn fans say they can go 1-11 as long as the one is against Bama?

How bad were the Raiders yesterday? Here are the Steelers scoring drives:
9 plays 37 yards FG
10 plays 43 yards FG
6 plays 30 yards TD
5 plays 3 yards FG
7 plays 80 yards TD
1 play 7 yards TD
6 plays 18 yard FG

One drive for 80 yards......they scored the other 26 points on 138 yards of offense. The Raiders were just a bonanza of freebies, even the 80 yard drive was pushed along by a roughing the passer call on 3rd and 18(!). Fields got two roughing calls in his favor that game.....he may not have gotten two his whole time in Chicago. It pays to be Tomlin's QB. BTW Tomlin was chasing points in the 2nd quarter....they scored a TD at 6-7 and went for two, and missed. DO NOT CHASE TWO POINTS IN THE FIRST HALF should be one of the 10 commandments of coaching.

I'm thinking the Ravens put out the tape on how to slow down Jayden Daniels. They'll controlled their pass rush and didn't allow Daniels to venture free, especially to his right. We'll see if other teams follow suit.

If Detroit does not make the super bowl this year, the Hutch injury is going to be one of the bigger 'what ifs'....just really tough to replace a DPOY frontrunner. Not anything new that we learned but came away even more impressed with Jayden Daniels in a loss, he looks like he's been in the league for a few years with his maturity, awareness, etc

Top 4 wins vs Dallas ***
Ohhh, I didn't know they had won that many.....

My favorite was my first trip to Ford Field in 2007 and Romo drove the 11-1 Boys on a game winning drive in the last 2 minutes, throwing a TD to Witten. This after he had fumbled on 3rd and 6 at the 40 and had to convert on 4th down.

When you give one of these monster contracts to your QB and they're not the guy you're screwed for years. Off top of my head id say Trevor Dak Watson Wilson Jones (not as bad) SF will make same mistake with Purdy i think. It causes u to have to lose other great players eventually due to cap. Bad enough if they are the guy.
Hutchinson huge loss for lions. I think it costs them legit chance at sb.

The quarterback play in this league is atrocious, the last 3-4 years have been abysmal with QB play. Even with the refs calling DPI every 5 minutes, the quarterbacks stink.

Lions need an edge rusher, probably 2. They were already in the market for one prior to the Hutch injury. Just something to monitor moving forward.

Glen and Ben Johnson will be hot commodities during the playoffs, another thing to monitor how those situations go if the Lions make it and go deep. Jets seem to be the betting favorite for Johnson, but he wants a perfect situation...he was smart to turn down Carolina even though he is from the Carolinas I believe. He would be excellent at Dallas, but I personally don't think Dak is it. We'll see.

Drake Maye might be a good one. He can make plays. Caleb looks better every week. Bo Nix isn't that bad, and Jayden Daniel is awesome. This is encouraging for QB play moving forward.
This recap is spot on to me on all fronts

Last thoughts on Detroit....

Last two games Goff has gotten back to last years production. I was worried the first few weeks.

Running game humming.

Defense much more sound. Something about Seattle games...

Everyone contributing in the receiving game. Nice to see Sam get a big one.

We had lost 5 or 6 straight to Dallas.

-1991 Wild Card Win
-1994 MNF Classic in OT

Here's a link to that 2013 game.

Look at the box and also wild Detroit had to rally.

I can't simply because of the hutch injury, but I'm hearing he could be back for NFC ship. Who knows. Depends on the body.

As much as I'd like to see Ben Johnson coaching the Jets I would be beyond shocked if it happened. The Washington job was the one he should have taken. They have a good owner and possibly a good GM that they hired from San Francisco as well as the number two pick which was used on Jayden Daniels.

I think their were rumors that he wanted 10 million a year which is really an insane ask for any first time head coach. It wouldn't surprise me if he just isn't interested in being a head coach at this time because that was as good a situtaion as possible. Turning down Carolina and that owner makes sense but the Washington opening was a good one.

As much as I'd like to see Ben Johnson coaching the Jets I would be beyond shocked if it happened. The Washington job was the one he should have taken. They have a good owner and possibly a good GM that they hired from San Francisco as well as the number two pick which was used on Jayden Daniels.

I think their were rumors that he wanted 10 million a year which is really an insane ask for any first time head coach. It wouldn't surprise me if he just isn't interested in being a head coach at this time because that was as good a situtaion as possible. Turning down Carolina and that owner makes sense but the Washington opening was a good one.

Definitely a lot of money, who knows. He's got it made in Detroit. He just became OC two years ago. He's pretty much a genius like Mcvay.

Definitely a lot of money, who knows. He's got it made in Detroit. He just became OC two years ago. He's pretty much a genius like Mcvay.
Helps to be loaded at skill positions and a QB that can both remain upright and be competent

That's typically a rare find when it comes to job openings

Helps to be loaded at skill positions and a QB that can both remain upright and be competent

That's typically a rare find when it comes to job openings

It helps to have a helluva oline. Goff without a oline is a different QB.

If he's the genius everyone thinks he is there isn't a chance in hell of him taking the Jets job. Aaron Glenn is the Detroit coordinator they are more likely to hire since this team doesn't care about scoring points and Glenn was a very good player for guess it.... the New York Jets.

I think the Washington job was the one to take but maybe he would rather stay a coordinator a few more years. After what Johnson has done with Goff I could see him elevating Dak and despite what Dallas has become it will always be a big time job. I'd have to question the sanity of Ben Johnson if he turned down Washington and the chance to draft Daniels and then one year later took the Jets job.

If he's the genius everyone thinks he is there isn't a chance in hell of him taking the Jets job. Aaron Glenn is the Detroit coordinator they are more likely to hire since this team doesn't care about scoring points and Glenn was a very good player for guess it.... the New York Jets.

I think the Washington job was the one to take but maybe he would rather stay a coordinator a few more years. After what Johnson has done with Goff I could see him elevating Dak and despite what Dallas has become it will always be a big time job. I'd have to question the sanity of Ben Johnson if he turned down Washington and the chance to draft Daniels and then one year later took the Jets job.

Jets aren't the smartest organization but eventually one of these hires is going to hit. In the NFL you hire offensive head coaches that's what has been winning. Ben Johnson is pretty much in the position he can do whatever he wants and is the hottest commodity in the NFL for coaching. Just think Dallas is the better fit personnel wise but who knows what he's thinking.

Jets aren't the smartest organization but eventually one of these hires is going to hit. In the NFL you hire offensive head coaches that's what has been winning. Ben Johnson is pretty much in the position he can do whatever he wants and is the hottest commodity in the NFL for coaching. Just think Dallas is the better fit personnel wise but who knows what he's thinking.
Jets don't hire offensive coaches and I'd be surprised if that changes.

Has been insanely elite by every metric last couple years. But without Salah it’s going to drop off a cliff.
The stats say its elite but thats because opposing offenses know they don't have to score much to win so they play conservatively.

The stats say its elite but thats because opposing offenses know they don't have to score much to win so they play conservatively.

The #s on a per play basis considering the time they spent on the field has them historically up there all time.

But that’s long gone now as you can see now…

They need a true rebuild. No OC coming to this team.

The #s on a per play basis considering the time they spent on the field has them historically up there all time.

But that’s long gone now as you can see now…

They need a true rebuild. No OC coming to this team.
Those stats are total nonsense. How did the great Saleh and his defense look against the Niners. Now there is no shame in losing that game but the defense was awful.

Those stats are total nonsense. How did the great Saleh and his defense look against the Niners. Now there is no shame in losing that game but the defense was awful.

Defense was really bad that game. But that’s Kyle with 6 months off to attack his former DC scheme. Too easy.

This goof DC for the Jets looks lost as a HC.

Defense was really bad that game. But that’s Kyle with 6 months off to attack his former DC scheme. Too easy.

This goof DC for the Jets looks lost as a HC.
He's no more of a goof than the last loser but I look forward to him being fired.

I actually got to watch the entire Saints game after baseball with an early exit.
What a fucking weird game. Think BAR pointed it out, the South WILD man.

I think Rattler is the future . I hope Carr is out for the year(no malice intended).
You get the QB cheap and on the come up…build around it. That’s the way.

Anyone else watch the game? Very curious on others thoughts.

I actually got to watch the entire Saints game after baseball with an early exit.

I think Rattler is the future . I hope Carr is out for the year(no malice intended).

I wanted the Jets to use a mid round pick on Rattler and I agree that he has a chance.

That game was weird as fuck. I played the Saints +14.5 then +5.5 when it looked like Baker was hurt. Still can't believe the +14.5 couldn't cash.

Back