Week #5 of CFB (9/25-9/27)

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
'08 YTD: 24-24-3, -2.40 units

I'll fix this thread later...as it's 2am, and i'm just jumping online (briefly) to post what i played tonight. But basically juicing out for the first 4 weeks.

Thurs. 9/25

Oregon St (+25) over USC (-110) for 1.5 units W

Fri. 9/26

Louisville (-3) over UConn (-110) for 1 unit L

Sat. 9/27

Auburn (-6) over Tennessee (-110) for 1.5 units

Alabama (+7) over Georgia (-110) for 1.5 units

South Florida (-8.5) over NCST (-110) for 1.5 units

Virginia Tech (+7) over Nebraska (-110) for 1.5 units

Hawaii (-3) over San Jose St (-110) for 1 unit

Purdue (+1) over Notre Dame (-110) for 1.5 units

Nevada (+4) over UNLV (-110) for 1 unit

Michigan (+6) over Wisconsin (-110) for 1 unit

Fresno St (-6) over UCLA (-110) for 1 unit

Maryland (+10.5) over Clemson (-101) for 3/4 unit

TCU (+18.5) over Oklahoma (-110) for 3/4 unit

Penn St (-15) over Illinois (-102) for 3/4 unit

Troy (+17) over Oklahoma St (-101) for 3/4 unit

Be back later with more on these games...additional plays...etc.

:cheers:

Last edited:
very briefly, in terms of the 2 weekday games...

USC seems unbeatable, and there shouldn't be anything stopping them from an appearance in the national championship game. That said, going back 10+ years, they haven't beaten the Beavers once by over 24 points. They've had a couple long breaks following the Virginia and Ohio St blowouts...and now enter conference play, with both Oregon and Arizona St on deck the next 2 (normal) weeks. They'll win the game, no doubt...but by more like 14 pts, rather than this number. Trojans might have an issue or two in the secondary as well, fwiw.

UConn runs the ball very well. Louisville defends the run very well. Lorenzen sucks cock, and has become an INT machine lately. Griffin totally outplayed him last week, in just a comparison of QBs. On the other side, Cantwell picked the KSt defense apart...as Louisville surprised the shit out of me with that upset. They definitely got their stuff together, compared to the Kentucky game...and they're getting healthier, like at WR. Revenge game for the Cardinals at home doesn't hurt either. But if they can continue to stop the run, or at least contain it...then you eliminate UConn's offense. Baylor showed that UConn's defense can't handle speed all that well...which, fwiw, KSt had their issues with also against Louisville the other week. Lastly, Louisville's got a couple 'softer' games on tap after this...where UConn has a 3 game stretch on the road of Louisville, UNC, and Rutgers...followed by the next 2 at home against Cincy and WVU. In other words, they got their work cut out for them...especially Tyler "INT" Lorenzen...before they close the year with USF and Pitt.

anyways...that's my take on the weekday games. the weekend games (auburn, bama, usf, vatech, & hawaii) will have to wait until another time. sleep calls...

gl yanks ... hope Tyler continues his BJ barrage for you.

Tend to agree with the Ville play. I am a wimp and refuse to go against that trojan team but certainly respect you for making that play and your reasoning behind it. Looking hard at both alabama and VATECH , so if you find the time and have it in your heart to give me thoughts on those i would appreciate it.

Also , while ncstate will be without starting qb Russell Wilson and without their best defensive player , that game looks like it will be played in bad weather or atleast rain. I am sure usf is used to some rain coming from ....well .. south florida. But if it is a hard rain it could make that a tough cover against a stout defense. Then again the rain might hurt what might otherwise be a loud crowd after the ECU upset. Anyway , just wanted to share the weather info with you for the little it is worth and beg for some insight on bama and VATECH.

Great thread as always and good luck this week yanks.

made 4 additions tonight, which i'll add to the top post in a few. reasonings later...along with the other weekend games.

Purdue (+1) @ (-110) for 1.5
Nevada (+4) @ (-110) for 1
Michigan (+6) @ (-110) for 1
Fresno St (-6) @ (-110) for 1

brings it up to 11 plays already for the week. :tiphat:

Looks like youre going to be an action junkie this week:smiley_acbe:

BOL on em yanks, eyein a couple of those... IE. bama, and purdue

and hunt also makes some very convincing points on UM.... ability to stop the run and lookahead spot for wisky. might play em too

GL:cheers:

gl yanks ... hope Tyler continues his BJ barrage for you.

Tend to agree with the Ville play. I am a wimp and refuse to go against that trojan team but certainly respect you for making that play and your reasoning behind it. Looking hard at both alabama and VATECH , so if you find the time and have it in your heart to give me thoughts on those i would appreciate it.

Also , while ncstate will be without starting qb Russell Wilson and without their best defensive player , that game looks like it will be played in bad weather or atleast rain. I am sure usf is used to some rain coming from ....well .. south florida. But if it is a hard rain it could make that a tough cover against a stout defense. Then again the rain might hurt what might otherwise be a loud crowd after the ECU upset. Anyway , just wanted to share the weather info with you for the little it is worth and beg for some insight on bama and VATECH.

Great thread as always and good luck this week yanks.

i'll be back later for more on these games, but quickly...

Bama.
UGA hasn't been putting up the points i expect from them. We know of the o-line concerns...and i also have concerns about their pass defense as well. Now of course they should win this game, and they are indeed way deeper than Bama. That said...i think Bama has what it takes to keep this game very close, if not steal a win on the road. And the main reason is that i see Bama winning the trenches...on both sides of the ball. I just don't see it...i believe it. That's why i think/believe Bama matches up very well with UGA right now.

VaTech.
Who has Nebraska played, really? And do they deserve this kind of respect yet, being favored by 7 over a solid team? My answers...basically 3 cupcakes, and hell no. VaTech is off 2 very tough teams in GT and UNC. They've played and beaten some very good teams/defenses already. Nebraska hasn't. NMST and SJST, lol. No wonder the stats look good, and like a corner's already been turned for that program. Well not so fast, mi amigo. In the same spot that Testicle St came into town last year, in comes by far the strongest defense/competition Nebraska's faced this year...and (i believe) harsh reality for the cornhuskers.

USF.
NCST is off the huge upset...and USF underperformed last week. That said...NCST does not have the offense to keep up here (see the Scary or Clemson games, as examples), providing USF shows up offensively...like they did against a very good Kansas team. Bottom line though, i attempt to do my own power rankings...and by no means do i claim to be good at it...but nevertheless, i made USF a 20 pt fav here. My only worry though is how the USF offense looked last week. And yes, hopefully the weather doesn't continue that struggle. But despite last week, NCST's offense doesn't worry me against the USF defense...and the weather will work both ways. Then add in the NCST losses of key personnel, and i honestly believe my power rankings won't be far off at all...as i expect it to get ugly for them.

Also, about USC...
I hear ya, bro. They are the top of the class right now. The only thing i can add is how well Riley does against them. Well that, and the fact that the beavs are a completely different team at home. Just think they keep it relatively close, fwiw...meaning by about 14 pts, which is close in relation to USC this year lol.

:shake:

There it is. The first OSU bet I've seen. Think the Beavers and Wolfpack get it done for ya. GL this weekend Yanks.

Looks like youre going to be an action junkie this week:smiley_acbe:

BOL on em yanks, eyein a couple of those... IE. bama, and purdue

and hunt also makes some very convincing points on UM.... ability to stop the run and lookahead spot for wisky. might play em too

GL:cheers:

:shake: Cap

yeah, the UM play i made is based on another text i got from hunt. but after seeing the gauntlet of a schedule that Wisky has on deck, i had to follow for a bit. but for UM to keep it close, they will have to protect the ball better...and not make the mistakes they were making against ND. hoepfully that'll be the case.

git sexy brotha...what do you think of PSU/Illini? thinking of taking PSU half and game..

git sexy brotha...what do you think of PSU/Illini? thinking of taking PSU half and game..

ty, brotha :shake:

gotta get back to work, and get home for the night...but i like PSU...just not sure about the spot.
so maybe the 1H is the way to go. for the game, i'd want it at 13.5 or lower. but it's only because of what they've got on deck. not that they'll be looking past illinois, per se...but on some level, i gotta believe they're looking at what's on tap.
bottom line...like PSU...but could see a backdoor cover based on all that. and fwiw, imma considering the hova here. (just gunshy on totals/overs, thanks to this Yag clock rules taking away so many plays/game.)

btw...last thing before i bail...

don't think it's necessarily the greatest spot for fresno...but it's roughly only a 4 hour drive, so not the biggest roadie by any means...and i think it's been 8 freakin' quarters since my Bruins have last scored an offensive TD. so had to play it for a bit...

which (again) also speaks volumes about tenny, and their lack of offense, imo...and why i have no problem laying the 6 pts on auburn at home. the Vols anemic offense, and pitiful qb, should get ass-raped by the tiger defense...who let one slip away agaisnt LSU last week.

Already with you on Bama, and may join you on a few others. Solid lookin card Yanks!

GL this week!

:cheers:

Liking as we talked about last night...

I added UL,VT,BAMA,AUBBIE and USF to UM and Purdue plays..

Should be a good week...

the thursday night factor is whats keeping me away from osu. sc under the lights with the entire country watching is not worth F'n with.

gl this week yanks (cept for fresno, bruins win :+D)

:smiley_abcs:

what a mother f-cking incredible 1st half. 21-0 beavs...wow!

gives a 45 pt cushion for the cover :tiphat:

Well, 1-1 heading into the weekend. As sweet as the thurs nite game was, the friday nite game was fukin Yag. Ville can be downright retarded at times...but it is what it is.

Anyhow, i couldn't leave well enough alone...and added 4 more (action) plays for saturday.

Maryland (+10.5)
TCU (+18.5)
Penn St (-15)
Troy (+17)

All at 3/4 of a unit, and all at various (mostly 5d reduced) odds.

BOL today :cheers:

the thursday night factor is whats keeping me away from osu. sc under the lights with the entire country watching is not worth F'n with.

gl this week yanks (cept for fresno, bruins win :+D)

thx, junky. same to you...cept with the bruins, lol. :shake:

and VAP :shake:

sry for not getting into all the thread's tonight, or for coming back with more reasonings behind these weekend games...but whatever's been going on with the site has been a pisser...for all of us. hopefully it'll get resolved soon...but wanted to wish everyone good luck today, just the same.
:shake:

lastly, been looking ahead to week six some...and depending on today's outcomes, and where the lines are, here are some leans i have going in:

USF over Pitt
Utah over Oregon St (let down, & a roadie)
WVU over Rutgers
UNC over UConn (just not liking the tards)
Ole Miss over Scary
Texas Tech over K St
GT over Duke
Auburn over Vandy
ND over Stanford
Mizzou over Nebraska
Texas/Colorado over
Bama over Tucky
UCLA over Wazzou
Zona over UW
Testicle St/Dildos over
Baylor over Oklahoma (if i'm catching enough, lol)
Wisky over tOSU
USC over Oregon (hammering anything under 2 scores)

obviously results/injuries/lines/etc will play a big role...but these are jsut (very) early leans for week six. but i can almost guarantee that i'll be on USC, and against Oregon St, next weekend.

Back