NE
SF pk

Cinci
Dallas -14

Pitt
Jax pk

Minny
New Orl -5

had no idea what to put NE/Niners game at. too much bias for my niners and no idea how Vegas/ general public reacts to their loss

for the lines out so far, I see value in New Orleans and NYG. I had -9 for NYG, and that was the opener- already down to 7. weird. Thinking of taking what I consider value with NYG. Kind of scared with Minny. They are not a good team to me.

lot like they're holding off ATL/GB on Rodger's status. Also Cinci/Dallas holding off- likely for Palmer's status

It could be anyway but it it would really suprise me ....

no its out. NE -3 (-120)

I know a QB isnt the entire team, but NE with Cassel is just not impressive. The Bye may help, but 17 vs KC, 19 at Jets, and 13 vs Miami? Just dunno if he can take advantage of Niners piss poor rush and secondary.

Its not Cassel it's the OL and lack of running game along with the conservative game plan. I saw it in the Jets game . They constantly beat the NE OL and rushed or hit him. There was the 1 perfect pass he threw downfield to Moss in the 4th quarter which he needed 1 more second to step into and just came up short on. You cant have an unexperienced QB playing behind by an OL that cant protect and no running game . What do Miami do ? Just blitz the shit out of him. No QB has a chance w/o time . Look at the SD 1st H @ Oakland. Every single snap they beat the SD OL even if they rushed just 3 .

SF has managed to beat bad teams and they have issues in pass defense and even with there WRs.

All comes down to pass protection and some healthy RBs. Its not like NE has a stud back there using the always hurt Maroney and a bunch of castoffs who have found roles in NE. Considering the context NE has basically been what one should expect . They lose brady in the beginning of game 1 that has to be a shocking event and distracting from the game at hand . Week 2 with a conservative game plan they executed all day vs NYJ . Week 3 after a tough hard fought game they faced a Miami team off a spanking and Miami always plays NE well . Wasnt that Brady achilles ? His play down in Miami ? They also elevated Ronnie Brown that game to the featured back. Just a great spot for Miami ......

I hope the talk of O'Connell seeing some time drives the line down .....Just alot of teams who are close in talent and the teams in the better spots will prevail....

:cheers:

Denver , Zona and Miami look like plays on the surface .....Over Houston and Houston ? Emotional game for the Texans and city of Houston ??:cheers:

agree on zona and miami nut...prob be on both...call me a sucker, but i may give indy a look...peyton tears houston a new asshole everytime they get together...pretty tough ot loss for houston; indy off a bye and had some time to get people healthier plus these next two games are pretty important for them to pick up Ws considering the following 5 games...colts have a tough stretch here. what the hell is car doing as 10 pt favs against anyone? ridiculous. i also like sf and will probably play them...thought it shoulda been about a pk too...ne has to travel half way around the damn world and i think sf will be able to score on em. jax also on my radar as they always play pitt well and pitt off a short week...absolutely horrible ats on the road since bruce arians and it should be a very physical game for a team that is already beat up while jax is getting healthier...hopefully pitt will win handedly and we'll get a good line here...the eagles without westbrook are a completely different offense imo...he just does so much; his replacements are good but he just adds so much to his team...i wouldn't even think of buying an eagles ticket with him out of the lineup...that would mean my money is depending on a very inconsistent, non-clutch mcnabb. does detroit finally pick up a win here with the ghost of matt millen gone? off a bye with chi off a nice win...that's going to be an interesting line...if they make detroit more than +3 they're making a mistake imo..

I am just torn on where Indy is at the moment . Kinda funny they played Jax in consecutive weeks now square off. Would think losing a close game at Jax is better then losing a close game at home to Jax . Just thought -3 was BEGGING for Indy action . I mean why not open it -3.5 ? Would the hook really sway away Indy backers ? So a curious OPENING LINE IMO.

Without Sanders there run defense is very weak. They have played 3 games and vs teams who have showed to be bewteen medicore and possible playoff contender and not looked good . The scary part is they basically played THREE 1 dimensonal offenes so far with Orton and Da bears , Tavaris and the Vikings and Garrard and the Jags . Really Jacksonville made no attempt to throw the ball simplyjust handing it off . The Texans actually have a running game and passing game these days . Just a lean at this point have to look at this further .

As far as NE goes just SF as a similiar opponent to NYJ. So looking at NE in that one ....

So agree with the Westbrook thoughts . I seriously have no idea how anyone really liked Philly today knowing Westbrook was out. I went over that game so many damn times and kept asking what I am missing that this stupid line keeps moving and there is supposedly "sharp" money on Philly . I assumed all day as soon as Westbrook was announced out the line would drop but it went up ..still pissed I miss that one..not only was he out but now Buckhalter ishurt , Andrews hs been oit on the OL and LJ Smith was out.

Agree about Chi and Det. Not sure about KC but they always seem to be a live dog,,

1) dallas, 2) tampa, 3) tenn, 4) phila, 5) chicago

32) stl, 31) det, 30) seattle, 29) kc, 28) ne

Heres a trend that supports Arizona:

The Cardinals are 13-0 ATS (+10.8 ppg) since 1989 when the line is
within 3 of pick at home when they lost and failed to cover their last
two games, winning every game straight up.

I'm so mad Indi lost last week and that Denver lost at KC. I don't like betting against good teams off losses, but man are these tempting

I still consider Houston a good team, they got what they wanted all game, and even shut Jax out imo the 1st half (outside the fake punt for 40 yrd TD). Not sure if Houston will be as pumped as any chances they had to do something this yr left in OT, altho fighting for 1st win is important and [playing in front of fans, the motivation has got to be a key down after the deflating loss. I want to take Houston, but dunno if Indi fixed their problems during the bye. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME ATS NUMBERS OF TEAMS OFF THEIR BYE? I mean teams fighting for the 1st win lose their spark and motivation after a few losses. Hopefully its still there for him. Gotta read some articles on it.

Why denver nut?- besides off a loss, I cannot see a reason to back Denver. I've been waiting for Denver to play an above average team with a real D and respectable offense (think TB, Tenn, GB, Chicago, Carolina, etc.) Was really hoping to get value. I've bet against Denver every week this yr so far- lost Oakland, got fucked on SD ML, hit NO, didnt play KC nearly as big as i shouldve). I mean Denver has not done much this yr- beat Oakland week 1- oaklands first game jitters, stole one from SD, NO misses a 40 yrd FG that wouldve taken the lead and likely won it with less than 2 minutes left, lost to KC. I mean they easily can be 1-3. Tampa should be able to limit that offense, and score at will against this D. I just dont like Denver off a loss...

TB/Den - interesting game. Denver got beat on the road and TB won a big game at home. As I noted in another thread, TB defense looked awesome. I am really concerned with the QB position. Griese isn't the anwer and going on the road makes me cringe with Griese at the helm. He threw picks at the worse times the last two weeks but TB still found a way to win. Sorry but can't bet TB on the road with him at QB. If I were Denver, I would stack the line and make Griese beat me. He should be good for at least 2 picks a game. Early thoughts though.

tampa -4.5

Thats crazy bro. Your telling me that TB is 8 pts better on a neutral field? IMO DEN on a neutral field is still better . I had a strong feeling DEN would lose @ KC and they basically did it like I expected so thats not such a bad loss as it looks .

TB was involved in a close game at home vs GB which was injured and banged up. Nice win but not fantastic . They game @ CHI they stole and CHI gave them no doubt in my mind they were outplayed that day. Bears just didnt step on there throats . They also hung up around with NO and played fairly well but NO is a team on there level . DEN offense is just gonna be to explosive I think to contain. As ATP said and its been like this for years and I have followed TB very closely going to many of there games although never seemed to see a home game for them ...NO, Miami twice , think Buffalo ,etc over the years to watch them...Anyway they defense always is a top 5 unit at home but more closer to solid but medicore on the road. They wont be able to score enough IMO to keep up with Denver . If the Broncos get 27-28 cant see how TB gets to 24 +...

This is gonna be an interesting year . Dallas is the best time and there flaw is so obviously timely mistakes that cost them points or give there opponent points . Happened every big game with Romo in previous years and every damn game so far in 2007 . There simply is no excellent team. There are some excellent offenses and excellent defenses but few teams have a solid combo on both sides of the ball.

Now that the STL has fired Linehan and the jury is out and possibly CIncy with Palmer looking to be out for awhile there are no terrible teams and no excellent teams . There are a large group of teams in the same range .....

TB and Tenny have done what they had to do to win but these type teams never do do well in the playoffs . Every once in awhile when they have a stout and historically great defense its possible TB teams with Shaun KIng as QB and recent Bears or Ravens teams with there lackluster Qbs .....

Just scary how narrow the margins are bewteen teams IMO.....:shake:

Why denver nut?- besides off a loss, I cannot see a reason to back Denver. I've been waiting for Denver to play an above average team with a real D and respectable offense (think TB, Tenn, GB, Chicago, Carolina, etc.) Was really hoping to get value. I've bet against Denver every week this yr so far- lost Oakland, got fucked on SD ML, hit NO, didnt play KC nearly as big as i shouldve). I mean Denver has not done much this yr- beat Oakland week 1- oaklands first game jitters, stole one from SD, NO misses a 40 yrd FG that wouldve taken the lead and likely won it with less than 2 minutes left, lost to KC. I mean they easily can be 1-3. Tampa should be able to limit that offense, and score at will against this D. I just dont like Denver off a loss...

Well we all know how much I liked KC catching 10 at home vs Denver because as I said the Cheifs are not nearly as bad as people were making them out to be and a close look at there play only reiterated that IMO. Same deal with Denver there was nothing to show the Broncos were this great team just a team with a very good offenses talking advantage of favorable situations . The big key as said DEN didnt make any big offensive plays in either 2nd H vs SD or NO and hung on due to what happened more then what they made happen. Never a good sign IMO if one is looking to lay 9 or 10 pts on the road with that team.

There is winning and there is beating a team . That distinction is something I always include in my analysis.

Just like DEN had not really beaten there opponents neither IMO has TB . As ATP said Griese INTs are concerning of course its another nice subplot having him return to Den again ( see his comments about motivation @ Chicago). TB had a chance to win @ NO but they didnt make enough plays late in the game after a terrible 1st half . Big reason why Garcia I believe was pulled as the starter . Then they host ATL . Well like most young teams ATL will struggle on the road . Then they steal a game @ Chicago. They came back down 10 with 6 to play and just a terrible job by Chicago IMO but looking at the stats who cant throw for X amount of yards when you heave it up as many times as Greise did .

I dont like that it appeared to open at -3.5 and got knocked to -3 . Have to check into that aspect . I thought Den was slightily better then the Saints by -0.5 or 1 pt theoritcically and TB was at best equal to NO . So given its in Den expected -4 worst case ...so alot curious as to the line being -3.....I am not sure TB could win @ Arrowhead ..and its best offensive player is still hurt in Galloway .....

FWIW I have actually gone 4-0 in games involving DENVER so far ..had them @ Oak , had SD +1.5 in week 2 , had NO around +5 and had KC +10 ....

I guess I dont think TB can score at will on any offense ...Larry Johnson and Charles still look better then Earnest Graham and Warrick Dunn IMO ...plus they wont get on run as much at home IMO ......

:shake:Jury is still out but thinking Denver wins this one

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

basically it looks like we agree that both teams stole or pulled out with wins where they were not clearly the better team despite 3-1 records ..so have to think home field edge looms large @ Denver.....

Huge emotional spot for HOU, but man is that a must win for Indy..1-2 coming off a bye and TENN at 4-0 already....a bet on HOU is a bet against Indy making the playoffs..

Injuries are a huge concern, and I certainly think they are down...I told many I thought it would be their year to shrink to wild card status..I just thought it would be to JAX....I don't know if I'm ready to write em off totally though...

Manning is the type of QB that can handle a situation like this and the bye was at perfect time..no way it closes at 3 though.

Zona is a must play for me under 3....I don't like that they'll be without Boldin, but they've done that before..

The spot for Buffalo is a must fade, esp against a team like Zona that can move the ball...defense is much better at home too..

Huge emotional spot for HOU, but man is that a must win for Indy..1-2 coming off a bye and TENN at 4-0 already....a bet on HOU is a bet against Indy making the playoffs..

Injuries are a huge concern, and I certainly think they are down...I told many I thought it would be their year to shrink to wild card status..I just thought it would be to JAX....I don't know if I'm ready to write em off totally though...

Manning is the type of QB that can handle a situation like this and the bye was at perfect time..no way it closes at 3 though.

I agree with your train of thought. I'd love to take Houston here and the line makes me think they win SU, but Indy really needs this game.

Arizona is the most attractive side this week. I'll be back later with more thoughts on other games.

I saw something last night, and it made me decide, that Bruce Arians should be fired, and possilby even Mike Tomlin. About Mike Tomlin, this guy was handed for the most part a good team. Usually new coaches have to build up. The Steelers were a veteran sqaud and a superbowl winning sqaud. Therefore, in my mind, he hasnt proven that to be a good coach. In my mind he looked baffled the first half last night. Arians is just an idiot pure and simple and I think he needs to go immediatly. There is no two ways around it, we have a bad offensive line. But there are ways around it. Shotgun, screens, quick slants. Anything. The guy makes no adjustments and I think he should be fired ASAP

I agree, there is no way an offensive coordinator shouldn't be able to make adjustments. Instead of doing 5 and 7 step drops why don't they try to get the ball out of Ben's hands quicker it just doesn't make sense.

Actually glad to hear you say that AG that was my point all along . I guess maybe I was to harsh on Ben for not making adjustments but you are right 3 straight weeks of the same shit and no adjustments . Pretty simple like you guys said just ackowledge you need to get the ball out quicker ....

What did they have anothe 200 yd performance with nearly half on 2 plays . A g reat job by Ben fighting off a sack something I did priase him for last week and the throw he squeezed in for the 1st time ...other then that next to nothing...

This is why I was done on Pitt so no reason to expect improvement which I can at least say there was some in the 2nd H yesterday . Not much but some progress....:shake:

Kinda agree this is the year INDY regresses . As you can only overcome so many injuries ......so them losing would not be a suprise ....

Actually glad to hear you say that AG that was my point all along . I guess maybe I was to harsh on Ben for not making adjustments but you are right 3 straight weeks of the same shit and no adjustments . Pretty simple like you guys said just ackowledge you need to get the ball out quicker ....

What did they have anothe 200 yd performance with nearly half on 2 plays . A g reat job by Ben fighting off a sack something I did priase him for last week and the throw he squeezed in for the 1st time ...other then that next to nothing...

This is why I was done on Pitt so no reason to expect improvement which I can at least say there was some in the 2nd H yesterday . Not much but some progress....:shake:

I guess it was a misunderstanding last week, I dont think anything is wrong with Ben. Hes injured but his play isnt being affected. When your line is getting bombed you should at least throw in a few screens. He didnt call one. Arians is making NO adjustments, and if Tomlin doesnt see that, then he needs to go too

in your opinions, which game last week had the most deceptive score? in that the final score did not indicate the playing of both teams for the whole game?

I think 1) Arizona-NYJ. Jets D was murdered all game but 7 turnovers and a blocked punt was the difference and let Favre throw the TDs. 2) Buffalo-STL 3) Pittsburhg-Balt

i do also. hopefully i can talk myself into getting off of indy as a square ass play and just playing the total

This line has dropped to 46.5 on my book from 47.5. Anybody see any injury news or are the betters betting this down?

also, think Houston definitely deserved the W over Jaxsonville. Jax had the fake punt- turned TD, but otherwise held Jax under 100 yrds rushing. I think they executed their gameplan very well, and forced Garrard to beat them- which he did

How bout Zona and NYJ 0-0 after 1 quarter ..then 31-0 jets , 21-0 Cards and 22-14 Jets ....

Besides SD and Buffalo would say alot of the dogs played even better then the close finals. I think Minny qualifies though ......

Also no way I bet Philly ? Letdowns dont really occur in the NFL ....especially with such narrowm talent gaps its more about perception changing quickly and taking out value .....I think Philly stinks and wouldnt lay -5 with them .....Wash beat DAL despite the fact DAL has there usually fuck ups .......

No Westbrook and No Philly ....Every game in the NFL is tough B2B divisional opponents isnt the end of the world..I dont want to bet Wash if everyone does like SF last week but if the line stabilizes then I may...Skins got somemojo working on offense now...I think might be reasonable with Westbrook in .....

definitely with Westbrook in- Philly is way better. And agreed that perception is what makes/breaks in the line. Lets look at this from line perspective

MNF- Dallas -6.5 over Philly= Dallas -3.5 over Philly neutral field
last week- Dallas -10.5 over Wash= Dallas= -7.5 over Wash neutral field
=Philly -4 over Wash neutral field+ home field= Philly -7.. no?

also, in some aspects, this game is much more important to Philly. lose this they are 2-3, 0-2 to conference.

also, saying Philly stinks is a stretch. Without their star RB, they were 3 inches away from winning at Chicago in a must-win for Chicago. Outside of that their only loss was by a 4 pt loss to superbowl favorite Dallas @ Dallas.

As far as perception taking value away, I think this is the exact case of why Philly is not the -7 as I expected vs Wash. As with most night game losers, perception should be strongly low on Philly, and high on Wash for upsetting America's team. I don't think we see -5 if Philly gets the extra 3 inches (or either of the 2 Akers FGs).

just my opinion again, and despite this/other rants I make about this game, I still may not play it. However, just think value and motivation is there with Philly this week.

Arizona is my favorite play this week

Also, I think Westbrook plays this weekend. Trying not to be biased, but imo for a must win you bring your best player on the field even at 75% (75% westbrook > buckhalter)

May stay off of Houston. Houston after this game get 3 very winnable ones at home vs miami, cinci, detroit. So even if they drop this they can start 3-4. Although that may not be what they say, they all see it.

can we get some discussion on this NYG/Sea line?

I had this as 9- same as the opener, and I guess early 'sharp' money drove it down to 7- which is looking very attractive to me. Seattle is plainly a bad road team. I'm not the biggest Giants fan, but honestly they havnt lost in a long time, and in Cincinatti OT game mustve been at least a wakeup call to stay sharp. Both teams off their byes, so neither team should come off flat. Both teams have strong pass rushes, but after that, I cannot see anything Seattle can even compare to the giants

CIN Bengals +17.5 -110

DAL Cowboys -17.5 -110

Guys isn't this to much??? Is it worth to take Bengals to cover this spread???

I like way too much WEEK 5.....this can not be good.

Week 5 LEANS:

IND -3
BAL +3
GB -7
WAS +5.5
DET +3.5

DEN -3
ZONA -1
NE -3

:popcorn:

definitely with Westbrook in- Philly is way better. And agreed that perception is what makes/breaks in the line. Lets look at this from line perspective

MNF- Dallas -6.5 over Philly= Dallas -3.5 over Philly neutral field
last week- Dallas -10.5 over Wash= Dallas= -7.5 over Wash neutral field
=Philly -4 over Wash neutral field+ home field= Philly -7.. no?

also, in some aspects, this game is much more important to Philly. lose this they are 2-3, 0-2 to conference.

also, saying Philly stinks is a stretch. Without their star RB, they were 3 inches away from winning at Chicago in a must-win for Chicago. Outside of that their only loss was by a 4 pt loss to superbowl favorite Dallas @ Dallas.

As far as perception taking value away, I think this is the exact case of why Philly is not the -7 as I expected vs Wash. As with most night game losers, perception should be strongly low on Philly, and high on Wash for upsetting America's team. I don't think we see -5 if Philly gets the extra 3 inches (or either of the 2 Akers FGs).

just my opinion again, and despite this/other rants I make about this game, I still may not play it. However, just think value and motivation is there with Philly this week.

Arizona is my favorite play this week

The way I kinda approach it is ....

Dallas was -6.5 vs Philly but what would be if they played again after the game unfolded ? Sort of okay how accurate was that line . Which I think the way it went down if they met again at Dallas the number would be similiar in the future . Now with Wash the Skins won SU and the number looked big to begin with and closed at +10 and alot of places . My guess is next time if they played we would be looking at more like Dal -8 ...

So I would kinda expect the neutral field value to be around -1.5 Philly which of course is simple a guessestimate ....I tend to assign -3.5 for homefield ....

So would expect something closer to -5 for the Eagles vs Skins but minus Westbrook and its more like -4 .......

Then I would weigh the situatiions for both teams and etc.....

I dont mean Philly stinks . I just think they are like half the teams in the NFL a solid team with flaws. I just think they looked better then they were @ Dallas because of teh final score , as I said Pittsburgh cant find the end zone and has about a 1000yards of total offense in 4 games so nothing impressive there , they lost @ Chicago and granted they were close but Bears take the 1st possession and go right to the end zone making Philly look uphill game..true they really should have won vs the Bears but in Chi defense they had some banged up players as well and lost Lloyd sadly there best WR early on .....

To be honest the way Wash has played since week 1 and the way Philly has played week 1 the Skins definetly look like the better team. I dont have high regard for Zona and NO but watching Pitt play for 3 weeks there is nothing impressive about beating that team or holding its offense down ...and besides beating Dallas the Skins played Dal much tougher .....What I love about Philly is D. Jackson as the kid is a stud....

Basically I just feel that Philly @ Dallas was so misleading .....and just dont see a problem with Wash playing @ Philly this week.....

I do KNOW that its a slippery slope to see Philly lose SU on TV and the Skins beat America's team and have them square off next week.....

Right now my lean would be Skins 1st H as the momentum hopefully carries over from Dallas ..

Starting think we see alot of 8-8 , 9-7 and 10-6 teams in 2008....

can we get some discussion on this NYG/Sea line?

I had this as 9- same as the opener, and I guess early 'sharp' money drove it down to 7- which is looking very attractive to me. Seattle is plainly a bad road team. I'm not the biggest Giants fan, but honestly they havnt lost in a long time, and in Cincinatti OT game mustve been at least a wakeup call to stay sharp. Both teams off their byes, so neither team should come off flat. Both teams have strong pass rushes, but after that, I cannot see anything Seattle can even compare to the giants

Dont forget no Plax though and he is there offense ....That's a big distraction taken away for the defense ....curious to see what they look like w/o him

Seattle is who knows what at this point ...they should have Engram and Branch back though ...

I just think the Cincy game is representative of this team when they are glaring favs . Hence the poor home record ..

Won by 3 laying -13 to Cincy , LYR failed to cover at home laying -6 and -7 but did vs SF laying -9.5 , previous failed as -13 pt favs and -5.5 pt favs but covered as-6 and -9.5 , covered laying -7 and failed as -9.....anyway seemingly medicore laying mdium sized spreads and higher at home...

Also NYG after the BYE might be the worst team in the history of the NFL think they are 4-15 SU and like 1-4 under Coughlin but check that as its a guess as to what I remember reading....

Not sure I like NYG here but early start helps them as well

CIN Bengals +17.5 -110

DAL Cowboys -17.5 -110

Guys isn't this to much??? Is it worth to take Bengals to cover this spread???

I am assuming they feel Fitzpatrick must start . They knew ahead of time last week as it was said Palmer was told Sat night he couldnt play on Sunday . Well Saturday night I saw some heavy CLE flow ......

Anyway its hard to say what is fair as I have no idea about what Fitzpatrick could do here ....Dallas off a home loss...If Dallas hangs 35 on Cincy what can the Bengals do on offense ?

Based on the total they dont expect much from Cincys offense like 13 pts .....I tend to feel that if you like the dog play the TeamTotal over as you tend to get an extra way at winning ..BUT here I wouldnt be suprised to see a 28-10 final and think what books expect ....Dallas will always be to fat....

Back