Week 4 Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Thursday night game is quite intriguing...

The Bengals season was over if they lost that game to the Jets. They can breathe for a bit now, but they play 3 of the next 4 on the road after this with the first two being Baltimore and a stingy New Orleans defense. So, once again, this is a big one.

Miami stole one at home despite being badly outplayed. This team is much improved, no doubt. This match-up will be fun. Injuries at RB for the Bengals? We all know the big cap here is the Bengals OL...

The Vikings stole one at home after trailing most of the game. They head to the dome to play the Saints. The NOLA defense is very strong and likely will cause some issues for Cousin Kirk here. Interesting game here as well, imma feeling the home dog as of now...

Classic AFC South match with the Titans at the Colts. Matty was better last week, and we know how important Pittman is for that offense. At some point, JT is going to breakthrough. This division looks to be a 3 team battle till the bitter end. These games count as two basically... no leans...

The Bears head to the Meadowlands to face the previously un-beaten G-men. New York lost another receiver this week. My cap here is Chicago DL vs New York OL. We saw Danny running for his life at times versus a strong Cowboys front. On the other side, the Bears like to run the ball this year. The Giants gave up a lot on the ground versus Dallas. Hold my nose, but initial lean to the Bears...

The banged up Chargers head to Houston. The team in the league I have the least amount of info on so far is the Texans. The Chargers are an absolute mess. They refuse to use their star RB. Justin is hurt yet they are having him throw pass after pass until the clock hits triple zeroes down 28. This coach flat out sucks. The LT is now gone. Good golly. I need to cap Houston a bit more, but I cannot imagine laying more than a FG with this team on the road right now.

Let us not forget this is a rematch of a wild one last Boxing Day... Chargers vs. Texans - Box Score - December 26, 2021 - ESPN

I'll get back in a bigger post to the Lions and Seahawks battle. Just to note, Swift is hurt even more now...

The Jets head to Pitt to play the Steelers. The question is, when do they go to the rookie Pickett? Not too many thoughts here myself, for now....

I am anticipating the Eagles and Jags game quite a bit. Obviously, this Jacksonville team has been a nice surprise. On the other side, the Eagles are rolling right along so far with a fun offense. The line seems about right. I want to look at totals a bit but at times the Eagles offense has went quite for a quarter or a bit more...

The Cowboys host the Commanders, and this line almost makes these two EVEN on a neutral surface. I'm sorry, but that is a bit wrong. This DC team doesn't impress me whatsoever. You can score on them and if you have an aggressive defense, hits will be layed on @Joe Public favorite QB. I saw what I needed from Dallas on Monday night. Both RB's ran well, the OL seems to be getting better. Coop simply plays the game solid. The defensive line was dominant. This team can win games without being flashy. Despite their coach, this team is improving.... heir most likely be action on this game from myself on the Boys...

The Browns head down to the ATL to face the Falcons. I like Atlanta, they are fun to watch. They will score and give up some yards as well. last week was the best I have seen Jacoby look in a while. Obviously, we know how good the ground game is. This total is near 50 for a reason. For myself, this is likely a stalk on the total, maybe find a discount on the over at some point...

Kliff and the Cards head to Carolina. Listen, this Cards team isn't very good right now. A few of us started writing them off late last year as a fade in their playoff game and were proven correct. Coach is likely finishing his time up in Glendale. He just is very average and game management is not pretty at times.... tough game to gauge here but lean Panthers...

Somehow Denver is 2-1 playing some awful football. First and foremost, we all know how bad the coach is. He is in over his head right now. Despite plenty of offensive talent, this team struggles to score. Russ looks somewhat washed up. Can they improve? You would think. They might as well start now. The Raiders are getting ready to implode. The crazy loss to the Cardinals followed by a tough one at Tennessee leaves this as a must win. The Donks defense is pretty good as always. This has the classic feel of a Raiders win or at least 2-3 quarters of great play. Either way, think it gets tight. Total may be a smidge high here...

High ankle sprains are one of the hardest injuries to deal with. They simply take time, and Mac Jones is going for a second opinion from what I read. They head to Lambeau to face the Pack. Green Bay controlled that game in Tampa after controlling the last 3 quarters vs the Bears. This is a perfect game to put into a ML parlay in my opinion. The game won't be pretty and the 40.5 total denotes as much. My angle, once the injuries are sorted out, would likely be a Patriots TT under in some way. My one concern is how well the Bears ran at times. With that being said, GB should be able to key in on that defensively...

Kansas City heads to Tampa Bay for a big game versus the Bucs. Tampa has the injury problems and we saw Tom having to throw to unknown option last week. Weird loss for the Chiefs versus Indy. As good as Patty is and some of the other skill players, they are missing a few elements on offense in my estimation. The blowout in Zona week one was a bit of fool's gold. They had trouble moving the ball versus the Chargers until the 2h and a shift in momentum. Obviously, the box last week was not very Kansas City esque. I'll watch this total all week and hope that the public drives it up. That may be hard with remnants of the hurricane nearby? Shall see. I simply do not see consistent scoring on this one First quarter under will be looked at heavily pre and in-game...

Talk about the Cali Bowl next Monday...

Quick turnaround for Dolphins considering QB concussion, travel, a huge undeserved win and having to worry about the hurricane where they live. Situationally this has to favor the bengals, no?
I think Miami might be the better all around team but the situation favors Cincy in a big way. Bengals want that 1st home win. Miami just won an absolute war. I have to look at the health of their secondary because without a healthy X Howard Cincy wrs should be able to win downfield.

I keep staring at that total wondering why it's so low? Cincy hasn't played an offense like the Dolphins. Hill won't get stopped 2 games in a row. They can present some serious matchup problems, but only if Tua can get time. Waiting to see what's up with Armstead LT also he looked banged up lw.

I just think both teams with great wrs and exploitable cbs each team getting to 23+ is likely. I don't know if I want to step in front of Miami right now.

Buffalo had the Miami defense on the field for 40+ minutes of game time and 90 plays in heat near 100 degrees. How can they NOT be tired and banged up still with the short turnaround. Couple that with the fact that this game means the difference between 2-2 or 1-3 for Cincy with a road game at Baltimore up next. I think Cinci rolls.

Here is a question.....How on earth are the Dolphins getting away with calling Tua's injury a back injury? The entire world saw him hit his head and stumble around like Tommy Hearns after a Hagler right hand.

Buffalo had the Miami defense on the field for 40+ minutes of game time and 90 plays in heat near 100 degrees. How can they NOT be tired and banged up still with the short turnaround. Couple that with the fact that this game means the difference between 2-2 or 1-3 for Cincy with a road game at Baltimore up next. I think Cinci rolls.

Here is a question.....How on earth are the Dolphins getting away with calling Tua's injury a back injury? The entire world saw him hit his head and stumble around like Tommy Hearns after a Hagler right hand.
Yeah we all know he was concussed.

Is Mixon ok? Because if he is, he should have a big day

Bills should beat the Ravens. Last week there were a ton of missteps that lead to that loss. Clock management was a huge issue, as was the absence of c Mitch Morse (who I thought was going to be g2g). The offense just couldn't get the job done. Allen had a bad game, skipped a wide open td to McKenzie and nearly threw 2 pick sixes. I have to think that he rights the ship this week. Ravens have secondary probs Parker torched them lw. Buffalo's defense played great lw, especially with the injuries piling up. They still generated pressure and Edmunds is playing great ball. Have to keep an eye on who plays but looks like Dane Jackson & Poyer were limited in practice today-if they both go I'll be on the Bills ats.

I agree on Cincy over Miami in this spot. Both defenses in that Buffalo/Miami game were on the field for 60+ snaps. I'm sorry, but there's no way I can bet on that when it's a short week and you've had to travel. Oh, and btw, to me, Cincy has to be just as desperate in this game as they were last week. 2-2 is light years removed from 1-3 when you're talking about the playoffs.

The bad news is, if you didn't get this line early, a lot of the value may be gone if you don't think you can trust Cincy to win by a TD. Which ... normally I might say yes, but this team has had so many problems blocking, it's tough.

Cincy may be worth a two team ML spot though. Put them with GB and you're looking at around -130. This gives you more value than a two team teaser, you're basically taking the two points you'd waste in Cincy and giving them to GB, then getting an extra point down to a PK.

I'm also with Lex. Good bounceback spot for the Bills, obviously the biggest worry with them is really just the injuries on defense. But I think statistically the Ravens have the worst secondary in the league through three games? I think? I've read their might be weather in this one though coming up from the hurricane in FL. So it's something to watch.

Bosa on IR now for chargers

Team is missing their best lineman on both sides of ball now

Team looks like they are just gonna have one of those years where everything goes wrong

Fins at 3.5 now, cant imagine it drops to 3
Probably not. DK is still offering up that ML/7 pt lead wager. I'm not a big fan of laying -190 on a game that I feel could go either way but there's two ways to win with this wager. If someone had a partner into wagering they could play this both ways, possibly double up, hmm...

Jameis not at practice again, 2nd straight day…DA said yesterday he expects to play but Red Rifle 2nd day running 1st team. Taysom 2nd

This has to be a terrible spot for fish. Not only did Tua get banged up but that defense was on the field all freaking day against the bills! Now they gotta travel for this bs short week gams? There is no fucking way fish defense can possibly give their best here! Bungals should dominate this game imo.

I agree on Cincy over Miami in this spot. Both defenses in that Buffalo/Miami game were on the field for 60+ snaps. I'm sorry, but there's no way I can bet on that when it's a short week and you've had to travel. Oh, and btw, to me, Cincy has to be just as desperate in this game as they were last week. 2-2 is light years removed from 1-3 when you're talking about the playoffs.

The bad news is, if you didn't get this line early, a lot of the value may be gone if you don't think you can trust Cincy to win by a TD. Which ... normally I might say yes, but this team has had so many problems blocking, it's tough.

Cincy may be worth a two team ML spot though. Put them with GB and you're looking at around -130. This gives you more value than a two team teaser, you're basically taking the two points you'd waste in Cincy and giving them to GB, then getting an extra point down to a PK.

I'm also with Lex. Good bounceback spot for the Bills, obviously the biggest worry with them is really just the injuries on defense. But I think statistically the Ravens have the worst secondary in the league through three games? I think? I've read their might be weather in this one though coming up from the hurricane in FL. So it's something to watch.

I don’t have any problem laying anything less than a td on cincy tonight. If Miami defense is able to deal w burrow and all those weapons after being on the field the entire game against the bills I’ll tip my cap. Maybe bungals team total over if ya worried bout ats?

Interesting tweet.

Clevta
2h
Only twice since 2000 has a D played 90+ snaps then turned around & played again on a Thurs or Fri. 2016 Bucs allowed 43 to ATL on a Thursday & the 2020 Saints allowed 33 to the Vikings on Christmas Friday. Do what u will with that.

Any update on Tua would be much appreciated. Won't change much for me other than units but have seen plenty sit for much less than that Sunday.

Last edited:
Zay Jones managed a limited practice on Friday, so I think he'll be fine to play.

No Amon-Ra St. Brown for Detroit. Looks like Chark will manage to play tho

I think they can hang and score with them…Balty D hasn’t been what it once was, that is very true.

Want to see who plays for Buff D for sure, you got intel there?
Dane Jackson & Poyer are both questionable. Would love to get Oliver back for the d line but the D should be in better shape than they were vs Miami, & they played great. I really want Poyer in because he's a game changer.

Been a while for this 8:30 AM Central start time

Don’t know how you boys out West do it
Too fucking early even on Eastern time. Interesting that both Min & NO play again next week. I thought the teams playing in London got the bye the following week in the past couple years because they were notoriously shitty the following week. Am I imagining this?

Too fucking early even on Eastern time. Interesting that both Min & NO play again next week. I thought the teams playing in London got the bye the following week in the past couple years because they were notoriously shitty the following week. Am I imagining this?
No you’re not imagining

I think it is up to the team if they want their bye to be the week after London. More teams are choosing to play the week after, especially this early in the year. Hell, I don't even know if it would have been possible this year anyway because byes don't even start until Week 6

Teams get to choose, guess some prefer not to which is idiotic to me but to each their own

Back