Week 2 Preseason Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Odds coming

Please let‘s try to leave the in-game stuff for the in-game thread. That way people don‘t need to sift through in-game comments in order to find insights into whatever games are left to place pre-game wagers on

Im assuming from some his comments Rodgers prob not gonna play any preseason, after a good opening drive Love still looks like a hot mess, who the fuck throws 3 ints in a preseason game? I seriously dunno if I’ve ever seen anyone do that!! Gotta think he plays the entire 1st half vs saints. Lean saints 1st half!!

guessing mac n cheese will get some reps this week, I def lean panthers 1st half with Faker and darnold battling it out I’d think at least one of them do better than Jones. Think I might look to play pats 2nd half tho, assuming that will mostly be Zappe and corral, Zappe looked pretty damn good imo I’ll take him vs Corral all day!

If week 1 was any indicator I’d say it pretty likely Matt Ryan plays the entire 1st half for colts, I’d think they would like to get a td drive or 2 out of him so I’ll prob take them at least 1st half against lions.

I’d like to hear tannenhill takes lot of 1st half and then play Willis/titans in the 2nd, think he might light up some backups backups before this preseason over with!!

Without a doubt rolling with Steelers this whole preseason. Pickett looked good vs 3td-4th stringers, they might not have a great starting qb but their 3 man rotation for these preseason games is about as good as anyones imo. We saw jags lack of depth play out already, Huge mismatch after Lawrence leaves the game.

Chargers be tempting, chase Daniel will continue carving up preseason and he way better than anything dallas has playing behind Dak.

Have to read up this week and try to figure out if burrow and 1st team gonna play any this week? Would love to play them vs qrtr if he gets a drive while Daniel Jones blowing chunks for giants. Giants prob the play once the starters out tho. Tyrod will prob continue looking better than Jones while he gets to play against backups.

Can’t fade Zach Wilson since he out. Glad he not out for season so we still get to see him throw plenty of ints!!

Only line DK hung is Chi/Sea. Total is 39.5 so safe to say they did some adjustments. The books are likely just blindly adding another 4-5 points to the totals & crossing their fingers.

Only line DK hung is Chi/Sea. Total is 39.5 so safe to say they did some adjustments. The books are likely just blindly adding another 4-5 points to the totals & crossing their fingers.

As long they entice some under money to come in guess it don’t matter, be interesting to see where they go after open whether ppl jumping in overs? There no way I want a higher total over on the freaking bears! They one the few teams who played to a under and there nothing about their offense 1st string and beyond that makes me think they gonna start scoring points. If there a team w crappier weapons than Chicago I have to think real hard on who it would be. By some chance this got bet up a tad I think I would prob hold my nose and take a shot on under.

Dallas had 17 penalties for 125 yards and of course mccarthy says it no big deal, yea coach, I’m sure you will get it cleaned up!! Lol

Damn near all of them came out in the low 40s! Kinda figured if they made bears 39.5!! I want to say they went up in week 2 last year also just on the assumption starters play longer this week (my memory sucks tho so I could be wrong!), not this much tho! Bears game got bet up a point already!! If that gets to 41.5 im gonna hold my nose and play that under!!

I forgot Burrow had to have his appendix taken out few weeks ago, heard he back on practice field this week but I assume there no way he plays any snaps, prob not next week either but def not this one. Giants are 2nd biggest favorite this week!! It a damn shame cincy doesn’t have anyone behind burrow I trust at all!!

Crazy only ravens are bigger favs than NYG. Really would like to get some plus money on cincy 1st qrtr just fading the time Daniel Jones be in the game but all the qbs behind burrow are awful. Ugh.

Bears/seattle total been bet all the way up to 42.5 now! Little nervous seattle will score with the qb battle going on and lock penchant for looking good in preseason but bears offense scoring more than 14 would be somewhat shocking to me!! Is seattle really gonna score 28+? Bears did stupidity bring in a defensive minded head coach so you would think they at least play competent d! They held kc to only 1 td after mahomes left. I gotta play this under on principle as I said several days ago if it got bet up a bit from open I would have to bite on under.

I dunno how bad seattle defense is but it should look a lot better against the crappy qbs and lack of nfl caliber weapons bears sporting!! I’d think Carroll would be on his team this week after getting shredded by every qb who played in last weeks game!! Think I will be greedy and parlay seattle ml w under.

Gonna be tough to know who plays in the pats/panthers game as they having joint practices this week, seems like last year teams put more stock into these and kinda mailed in the actual preseason game.

So far I’m on

seattle ml/u42.5
Colts 1st half ml
Steelers +3.5

That all far as for sure plays as of now, I got several more leans but think selective is better.

Might end up on chargers, Daniel’s is far better than anything dallas has behind Dak and I can just see cowboys looking even sloppier this week!! Bad coaching doesn’t fix itself, now everyone talking bout how sloppy they are I think it prob gets worse! Lol.

Eagles intrigue me but I’m still scared of the browns even tho watson looked like a guy who hasn’t played football in a long time last week!

I’d like to fade love but saints qb room doesn’t inspire any confidence, I think both these d’s better than the offenses so agree with @VirginiaCavs on this under If anything.

Bengals are another crappy qb room behind burrow who I’m sure prob won’t play. Still Gmen -5.5? I dunno bout all that!!

They done messing around with the free ravens money, as much I love betting them In preseason im not about to lay -7 in a preseason game! I guess maybe I’ll just stick ravens ml to end a few parlays?

If I play Monday night I’ll be on atl, fading jets never a bad idea even tho it better when Wilson plays! Dunno why anyone cares if his surgery goes well today? Stop lying to yourselves jets fans, if you have any sense you will be drafting another qb this upcoming draft where there gonna be a bunch of them way better than Wilson will ever be! I said it when they drafted him and he done nothing to prove me wrong, he sucks!

2DB weird that you see 42.5, I'm seeing 39.5 still. Also Danny Burk on VSIN said this game opened Seattle 3.5 & got bet up to 5.5, he played it at 4.5. I still see 3.5 though. I'm laying it for the QB reason you mentioned.

2DB weird that you see 42.5, I'm seeing 39.5 still. Also Danny Burk on VSIN said this game opened Seattle 3.5 & got bet up to 5.5, he played it at 4.5. I still see 3.5 though. I'm laying it for the QB reason you mentioned.

It maybe was just a glitch on score app? That only place I looked while doing this, it was showing 42.5 earlier but you right I see it back down to 39 now. That sucks, guess I shoulda checked DK when I was there betting baseball today and grabbed it if it was really that high at one point. Damn, I loved u42.5, not as bullish on 39, lol. It shows it was 42.5 and moved a lot today but I’m not sure where those lines from or if that really happened? lol. They tend to be fair close on lines and since I was just working card out I wasn’t too concerned at the time. That blows tho. I don’t think I could bring myself to play a preseason teaser! Lol, do they even allow those?

I dunno where to post this but just wanted to say Clay on espn a fucjing retard. I just watched some garbage mock draft on espn and he giving grades and he a clown. Loving a team that has fornette and Etienne as the only real starting RBS! Lmao. If Fornwtte your lead back i promise you not winning your fantasy football season!

Looks like the line back down to seattle -3 or -3.5 depending where ya look. The total stuck back on 39 tho, that really sucks, I was seriously excited to play under 42.5! That was gonna be a pretty big preseason bet for me!

Yeah I think the 5.5 & 42.5 were real but apparently the Drew Lock news hit & they fell back down to the opener. Banking on Geno playing better than whoever the backups for Chi are. Not much of a stretch.

Yeah I think the 5.5 & 42.5 were real but apparently the Drew Lock news hit & they fell back down to the opener. Banking on Geno playing better than whoever the backups for Chi are. Not much of a stretch.

Not at all, i think it turns into a better 1st half bet now tho, I assume geno now plays 1st qrtr and maybe 2nd but then it be some total scrubs for seattle after halftime, I don’t even know who it is behind lock and geno? I do think geno makes the under way more appealing tho, I don’t even mind it back down to 39 without lock. That all I played was under.

I prefer seattle 1st half -3 to -3.5 for game.

What the fuck are the bears even doing? I thought it was totally ignorant they hired a defensive coach, then they got rid of any weapons Fields had to work with, it like they want him to fail!! Somehow bears have jumped into contention for the worst run team in the league!! Giving the jets and Houston’s of the world a run for their money!!

I havnt seen this play/option iyet but I was listening to a podcast last night where someone suggested playing bears to be the lowest scoring team in the league this year at 5-1, that seems like a really good bet to me! Falcons could be a worse team (maybe) but 4 of bears last 5 at home, they not gonna be high scoring anyways but you would think those games on that crappy field be even lower scoring!! I like that prop better than 11-1 for them to have worse record, houston, atl, jets, could all give them a run for that crown but think they all score more points than the bears.

Agree on that 1H

Seems like the right way to go about it, No interest in the 2nd half with bunch of awful qbs playing for both sides far as I know. Under seems pretty good too, I woulda loved to have that 42.5 tho!

I really like colts 1st half Saturday, think they let Ryan play quite a bit or until he has a few good scoring drives anyways.

Don’t think I like any the Friday games., def lean panthers 1st half, that be only 1 but I don’t love getting involved in these ones where the teams practiced against each other all week.

That was rough. Good calls with the under. Pitt +3 tomorrow is it for me.

Im assuming from some his comments Rodgers prob not gonna play any preseason, after a good opening drive Love still looks like a hot mess, who the fuck throws 3 ints in a preseason game? I seriously dunno if I’ve ever seen anyone do that!! Gotta think he plays the entire 1st half vs saints. Lean saints 1st half!!
I saw some of the replay Saturday morning. I thought 2 of the 3 INTs were not his fault. I can remember one for sure should've been caught but it bounced off receiver hands into DBs hands. And I'm pretty sure another one was not in Love either

Is this the place peoplecsay who's expected to play and who is not?

NE playing some first teamers an Car is not supposedly. PJ Walker and Corral will alternate quarters. Line has moved accordingly.

Charlie Weis said some Rams first teamers were going to play? The last spread I saw doesn't think so.

I saw some of the replay Saturday morning. I thought 2 of the 3 INTs were not his fault. I can remember one for sure should've been caught but it bounced off receiver hands into DBs hands. And I'm pretty sure another one was not in Love either

One did hit receivers hands but it wasn’t a good pass, if I recall correctly receiver had to contort himself to get hands on it, or stretch out real far? I don’t remember now but I recall seeing something where they were showing the picks and excusing him for 2 of them and I remember thinking “I dunno, that kinda feels like it on him to me”. I remember thinking 2 of them wernt good passes, anyways still think he sucks, lol.

So who's Qbing for Saints? I didn't see any of their game last week

So who's Qbing for Saints? I didn't see any of their game last week

Not shamus, Ian book I think for most the snaps, lol. It a total pass for me, or maybe under? Think the defenses on both sides are way better than the offenses with these qbs. Saints do have Andy Dalton also, if they have him playing vs backups backups in the 2nd half he might be able to put up points?

Saints D got after the Packers in practice by all accounts

Saints O line was getting pushed around also from reports

Saints D got after the Packers in practice by all accounts

Saints O line was getting pushed around also from reports

Oh, they had joint practices this week also? I don’t like these games where they had those, lot of times coaches take those way more serious and we see next to nothing in the game. Def lean under.

Holy shit. Pats are up to -5.5, are we not gonna see Baker and darnold tonight?

Doesn’t sound like we gonna see much of either these guys. Ruhle said it was gonna be mostly young guys and 2nd-3rd stringers. Corral looked awful in the 1st game: pats up to -6.5 now! Word must be getting out panthers not playing anyone! I’d def like Zappe vs corral but no way am I laying 6.5 in a preseason game!!

I gotta assume pats gonna play mac n cheese and the 1s some for the line to be shooting up like this? Not sure he much better than Hoyer but if that pushes Hoyer back to getting reps vs 4th stringers he will certainly move the ball, as I mentioned already I def like Zappe in the 4th qrtr.

Panthers team total under 16.5 makes sense to me if it gonna be mostly Corral qb’ing in this game. Books seem to agree hoyer and Zappe gonna put up points with this line and pats team total being 23.5! I think panthers d gonna be good this year but I dunno how loaded they are with depth? They let Washington score 15 points in the 4th qrtr last week!!

So mac n cheese and the 1s expected to play tonight agsinst panthers backups: that indeed will put hoyer and Zappe up against backups backups later in the game. That explains the line shooting up to -6.5, I still don’t think I can lay it but I don’t want the points with how awful Corral looked last week, I didn’t like him coming out so him looking bad no surprise to me. I don’t think he ever gonna be a startling caliber nfl qb. I truly believe Zappe has a better chance to make it, at least as a quality backup. You can just tell, the ball comes out quick and on time, soon as he back foot hits the ball gone and was on his wrs soon as they came out their breaks.

Back