Week 2 Preseason Discussion Thread

Pats laying the same -6.5 for 1st half as game? But the 1st qrtr line is -1? Something gotta be a mistake there doesn’t it?

I gotta assume pats gonna play mac n cheese and the 1s some for the line to be shooting up like this? Not sure he much better than Hoyer but if that pushes Hoyer back to getting reps vs 4th stringers he will certainly move the ball, as I mentioned already I def like Zappe in the 4th qrtr.

Yeah I think I was fortunate to win with giants ML last week. I think Pats are prime tonight!

They agree with you! Baker and Sam maybe a possession or 2 each = 1q. Then Hoyer and Zappe eat

I just can’t lay -6.5 in preseason tho! I ended up playing the panthers tt un 16.5 cause I just don’t buy into Corral at all, I’m assuming we gonna see a lot of him pj walker if they don’t plan on playing the 1s or much of baker/darnold. Really just didn’t know how to attack it even tho I do think pats the right side.

That one was kinda small, more on the u38.5 in packers/saints game. Packers are slow in the regular season, can’t imagine they be in much a hurry in the 2nd half this game, plus I just like both these defenses better than the offenses, especially without much the starters playing.

They agree with you! Baker and Sam maybe a possession or 2 each = 1q. Then Hoyer and Zappe eat

From what I read from Ruhle this week im
Not sure if they even both play a series? Sounded like they got their work in during the joint practices and he plans on playing mostly youngsters tonight.

Honestly at this point if you wernt sharp enough to jump on pats-3 (I certainly wasn’t, I actually leaned panthers till learning nobody gonna play much if at all!), think best thing to do now maybe play the ml and parlay it with something like ravens ml on Sunday! Off top my head think That should get it to about ev money!

So no Dalton either? Whole game is book’s? I assume love will prob play a ton also with maybe that other guy taking the 4th qrtr. I could be looking at this wrong, there a chance both teams let these backup qb’s throw a lot. Long as their execution in the red zone sucks it be ok! Lol.

I went ahead and grabbed colts+3 and Steelers ml when I was there today. I want colts 1st half also but wasn’t out yet. Just wasn’t sure those numbers be there 2marro. I’ll prob add colts 1st half along w Steelers team total over assuming it like 20.5..

Love was able to move the ball vs a deep 9ers defense just couldn’t overcome 3 picks vs that same elite defense.

Expect him to be okay tonight

So I was wrong about colts playing Ryan, sounds like he got his work in the joint practices but I still don’t hate the bet, far as I know lions ain’t playing starters much either and Foles then Ellingher for colts better than the qbs lions roll out after Goff.

I think you giving your niners preseason d too much credit, he isn’t good.

Saints have a deep defense, too, but perhaps I did. He was able to get big chunk plays vs guys who won’t make the team so yeah I overrated they 9ers third stringers!

I have no faith in the 9ers today. If they aren’t playing Lance that means no other big guns. Purdy for 30+ mins sounds like a white flag.

I think parlaying your plays today with Chiefs ML 1q and 1H are pretty safe. Chiefs 1H is -6.5 vs -5 game! They’ll score early and completely give in like they did vs Bears in the 2h

I think parlaying your plays today with Chiefs ML 1q and 1H are pretty safe. Chiefs 1H is -6.5 vs -5 game! They’ll score early and completely give in like they did vs Bears in the 2h
Is it verified that Pat is playing? This week is the worst...trying to figure the mix with starters and scrubs. Seriously hope my team plays no one!

Is it verified that Pat is playing? This week is the worst...trying to figure the mix with starters and scrubs. Seriously hope my team plays no one!

Attachments

• DAC7B83F-5C38-43F9-B16F-491372159031.png
    DAC7B83F-5C38-43F9-B16F-491372159031.png
    679.3 KB · Views: 2
Saints have a deep defense, too, but perhaps I did. He was able to get big chunk plays vs guys who won’t make the team so yeah I overrated they 9ers third stringers!

I have no faith in the 9ers today. If they aren’t playing Lance that means no other big guns. Purdy for 30+ mins sounds like a white flag.
Yea this is all nada. Really can’t take shit from it outside watching the rookies, younger guys. Even then sometimes it’s Ian Book throwing it so you’re fucked either way.

Yea this is all nada. Really can’t take shit from it outside watching the rookies, younger guys. Even then sometimes it’s Ian Book throwing it so you’re fucked either way.
I don't watch. Hopefully the exhibition season yields NO NEWS. Like it didn't happen. August is a great month for actual football.

Believe he finished 12-24 for 113 yards and one td, he might have lost a fumble, im not sure who turned it over while they took 45 min to finish the last 2 min of the 1st half!,!? Him and book I thought looked equally mediocre which helped us get the under cash! despite the clock operator in New Orleans appearing to be drunk as somehow we would go 30 min stretches where maybe a minute came off the game clock! Lol. The last 2-3 min of 1st half was freaking redic, up until then the under looked great, after both teams handing the ball back and forth to each other giving Pack a fg then eventually saints a td I was pretty nervous going into 2nd half! Luckily the mediocre qb play continued on both sides and under took the chedda!!

Also Cashed panthers tt un 16.5 despite my guy Zappe throwing a pick 6 that made it way more nerve racking than it had to be. Corral was maybe even worse than advertised! He was so bad that multiple times panthers put walker back into the game, I’m assuming cause Corral was so bad he wasn’t allowing the coaches to evaluate anyone! Lol. Anyways gotta love it, 3-0 to start preseason week 2!!

I havnt found any totals I love today but I think it be wise to continue hunting unders especially with the teams who had the joint practices this week (I’m not sure which all teams had them or everyone did??).

i feel like this gotta be a set up or something cause I have no clue why Steelers are dogs to the jags? I passed on the points and played the ml, as I keep saying Steelers might not have a high end starter but they have 3 very good preseason qbs who should shred the jags who have proven not to have any quality depth! Typically it makes me nervous when I can’t figure out why I line is what it is and I truly have no clue wtf oddsmakers thinking w this one, I didn’t care tho, too much value not to play Steelers imo.

Sounds like mahomes and the 1st teamers are not only playing but might play majority of the 1st half!! Gotta like kc 1st qrtr -1, dunno if Washington starters playing but if Wentz is they even more fade worthy imo! Lol. Kc laying -6.5 for the 1st half I don’t like as much the 1st qrtr. Think it says all we need to know bout kc playing guys the fact that they bigger favs for the 1st half than they are game!

Could it be any more typical titans that Willis isn’t for sure the backup yet and it might be Woodside? Lol. I guess if tannehill your starter why not have a crappy, underwhelming backup!! I like Willis to continue to shine today, not only do I love his talent I love his mental makeup, I was shocked how far he fell in the draft and honestly while I know he would make a ton of mistakes he would be my starter, not on some teams but on this team where we have seen the ceiling of what they are with tannenhill garbage ass behind center, absolutely!

Anyways I’m debating how to play this game? Do I want to ignore my own advice of hunting unders this week and play titans team total over 20.5? I think Willis will be good for 2 td drives, one big play, one good drive with several mistakes in between! can titans get another when woodside in the game? I’m not so sure. Maybe the over 38 the way to go? (Again ignoring my own advice, lol). I think it possible Willis gives a td away or at least makes a mistake that puts bucs into prime scoring position but as mentioned I believe he will also make plays for titans scores!! I assume trask is gonna get a ton of work again this week and I think he could turn out to be a solid qb, ravens backups shredded the titans secondary, only 7 of their combined 35 passes hit the ground as they threw for a collective 268ish yards w a tuddy. Gotta like trask chances of success.

Fuck it. Sign me up for the over 38!!

I’ve already talked bout Steelers plenty and already locked In on their ml but I’m also gonna play their team total ov 19.5

I’ve wasted enough time in the raider/fish game, nothing to see there, I couldn’t find anything of note/value anyways. I don’t think fish gonna play any their offensive toys, not sure bout Tua who has apparently looked pretty bad in practice lately, he won’t look any better if they put him out there with backup wrs! Kinda sounds like it a good bet fish try to work on their run game which naturally leads me to leaning under 41.5, If there a play I think that is it. Maybe 1st half under 22.5?

Sounds like mahomes and the 1st teamers are not only playing but might play majority of the 1st half!! Gotta like kc 1st qrtr -1, dunno if Washington starters playing but if Wentz is they even more fade worthy imo! Lol. Kc laying -6.5 for the 1st half I don’t like as much the 1st qrtr. Think it says all we need to know bout kc playing guys the fact that they bigger favs for the 1st half than they are game!

Have big golf plays parlayed with chiefs 1q 1h

I don’t understand this line other than Jags starters likely to play a lot but who cares

Yea it seriously makes me nervous how odd it is. I’m with you, I don’t think it even matters if jags starters play a half. Steelers have a legit qb battle going and 3 guys who all should shine in 2nd half of preseason games so I don’t get it at all! That worries me, I prefer to understand a line and simply disagree, I have no idea wtf they thinking here?

Dallas/chargers 1st half un19.5. I don’t want any part of the full game 36.5 total as chase Daniel the kinda guy who will carve up backups backups and think he prob plays the entire 2nd half. Give me the higher part the total w a guy name stick playing qb for changers as they focus on backup running back battle!! Cowboys are the cowboys, if Staley d let’s those garbage qb’s and inexperienced wrs score so be it, I don’t think it happening. Maybe 17 points in the 1st half imo.

So here everything I played for tonight:

Steelers ml and tt ov19.5
Bucs/tits ov 38
Raiders/fish un41
Dallas/chargers 1st half u19,5

Played SF/Minn under 38 1/2

A combined 54 players between the 2 teams are not expected to play tonight.

A quote from a Vikings site, "The Minnesota Vikings had a fantastic week of joint practices against the San Francisco 49ers. Both teams were uber-competitive and we saw some ferocious battles throughout.

ESPN’s Kevin Seifert mentioned after day two of practice that he wouldn’t be surprised if the Vikings rested their top line players. The idea being they got a lot of reps during practice and didn’t need the in-game reps."

And from a 49ers site, "The 49ers are playing it very safe in their second preseason contest vs. the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday evening. With another game in Houston just five days away, San Francisco has elected to rest virtually all of their presumed starters."

I'm guessing both coaches want to get this game over as quickly as possible.

Played SF/Minn under 38 1/2

A combined 54 players between the 2 teams are not expected to play tonight.

A quote from a Vikings site, "The Minnesota Vikings had a fantastic week of joint practices against the San Francisco 49ers. Both teams were uber-competitive and we saw some ferocious battles throughout.

ESPN’s Kevin Seifert mentioned after day two of practice that he wouldn’t be surprised if the Vikings rested their top line players. The idea being they got a lot of reps during practice and didn’t need the in-game reps."

And from a 49ers site, "The 49ers are playing it very safe in their second preseason contest vs. the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday evening. With another game in Houston just five days away, San Francisco has elected to rest virtually all of their presumed starters."

I'm guessing both coaches want to get this game over as quickly as possible.

Yep. I didn’t really dig into this one but most the teams the week of joint practices don’t have much interest doing much in preseason: just gotta make sure they don’t have some really good rookie backup qb or one those vets like chase Daniel playing the whole 2nd half for chargers and will prob rip up Dallas 3rd and 4th string. I like it, just figured the 3/4 plays I had tonight was enough! Lol. Gl buddy

I got no clue wtf to do with browns/Philly? Sounds like gonna just be bunch of garbage playing on both sides. I dunno if that means even Minshew won’t play? Eagles need to make some decisions bout which wrs they gonna keep, you would think it be helpful if they played someone who could throw the ball!! That total really low.

@twinkie13

All good here. Got married last August and actually in the hospital right now for the birth of my first. Wife and daughter are doing well but it was an emergency c section after a 20 hour labor so we have to stay a few extra days. NFL preseason helped me get through the boredom at the hospital lol. With the newborn I imagine ill be at the house all fall and more involved with in games. Hope all is good wit you

Re: Philly vs Clev. I would love Philly here if starters were going to play some, but if neither team is going to play starters then there’s an edge to Cleveland. Clev is 4-0 in preseason games under Stefanski and Phi is 0-3 under Sirianni.

A lot of guessing in these games, but also think Saleh tries to win. He is another one who is undefeated in preseason as a head coach.

I know the masses will be on Balt (and understandably so), but this storyline is way too public at this point. If Arizona lets McSorley take the bulk of snaps he will carve up his old team. Maybe take the points here as Balt can continue its winning ways but not cover.

Trying to fill in the blanks for the Cards. Collins and Marco Wilson for sure on defense, Simmons expected. Still only starter on offense is the left guard. McSorely starting as expected. No Kyler or Colt.

Last edited:
Trying to fill in the blanks for the Cards Collins and Marco Wilson for sure on defense, Simmons expected. Still only starter on offense is the left guard. McSorely starting as expected. No Kyler or Colt.

Kinda shocked bout it but I didn’t play any the preseason games today. I cant lay the -6 in preseason, don’t like anything to go with them far as a parlay partner.

Was hoping I could find some confirmation eagles would use Minshew in the 1st half since they looking to slim down their wr room this week, you would think they need a decent qb to evaluate the 6-10 wrs! If that the case I woulda played eagles 1st half as sounds like this gonna be a battle for the 3rd qb on browns roster in this game, Minshew vs them is adv eagles imo.

Re: Philly vs Clev. I would love Philly here if starters were going to play some, but if neither team is going to play starters then there’s an edge to Cleveland. Clev is 4-0 in preseason games under Stefanski and Phi is 0-3 under Sirianni.

Even if I knew Philly would play Minshew majority the 1st half I would like Philly as they try and evaluate the wrs beyond the top 4 which locked in. The problem after Minshew the qb room ugly with guys I can’t imagine make the roster, I don’t want any part of the guys after him!

A lot of guessing in these games, but also think Saleh tries to win. He is another one who is undefeated in preseason as a head coach.

I know the masses will be on Balt (and understandably so), but this storyline is way too public at this point. If Arizona lets McSorley take the bulk of snaps he will carve up his old team. Maybe take the points here as Balt can continue its winning ways but not cover.

I think the storyline was pretty well known by last year w ravens as they were going for the record. I agree with you about the spread tho, I think ya gotta suck it up and lay the juice on ml to back balty.

Not only Philly but the 1st half over 17.5 is really tempting if Minshew the guy taking the qb snaps! I think Philly gonna throw a fair amount if the things I read are true they have 6 wrs battling it out for probably 2 spots behind the top 4 guys!! Makes sense to me they would need to throw quite a bit to see which guys step up!!

Anyone is better than than Rosen. But 1H is probably a good play!

Just gotta hope Minshew playing and I couldn’t really find confirmation of that. Don’t wanna get fucjed like Steelers tried to do us yesterday not even letting Pickett play a whole qrtr! I read everything I could find and had no clue they were gonna waste 1.5 qrtrs of the starters w trubisky, then even more painful was only giving pickett last 5 min of 2nd and 1 drive in 3rd before putting Rudolph in, unless they came to senses and decided after Mitch stunk it up that Pickett was gonna be starter I still don’t understand why he would get so little time. Feel super lucky we escape that one w the W, that was my biggest bet of preseason so far and the rotation they did almost beat us!

Back