Preseason week 3 discussion

Seems like there plenty of teams who coulda actually used him and started him this year. I think he coulda been a good fit in falcons system and I have no doubt he better than Ridder! Obviously he prob wasn’t gonna start for anyone right away, not enough time to learn playbook but by week 5-6 maybe.

So niners gave up 3 1st rounders and got a 4th back!! I still think all the taking heads who been trashing them over picking Lance need to slow their roll. Sure they whiffed on him but they also have a loaded team full of good picks! Not to mention they got their starting qb with the last pick in draft! Niners brain trust has done a lot more right than wrong, everyone makes mistakes, especially with 1st round qbs!! At least they were smart enough to realize it was a mistake and move on, it the teams who double down on their mistakes who always in the basement!

So niners gave up 3 1st rounders and got a 4th back!! I still think all the taking heads who been trashing them over picking Lance need to slow their roll. Sure they whiffed on him but they also have a loaded team full of good picks! Not to mention they got their starting qb with the last pick in draft! Niners brain trust has done a lot more right than wrong, everyone makes mistakes, especially with 1st round qbs!! At least they were smart enough to realize it was a mistake and move on, it the teams who double down on their mistakes who always in the basement!
Read yesterday about the headache that Lynch is dealing with due to Bosa holding out, said it's the first time he's had to deal with such a star in a position of power like that. Pretty much everything you'd expect a control freak to say when he has lost control of a situation. Obviously he's done well to avoid it to this point but time to put on them wheelin' and dealin' shoes Johnny!

Apparently once the season starts if he chooses to hold out each game is a forfeit of $990k so I assume shit gets done quickly but he's not incurring any fines for camp up to this point.

The Lance thing was a disaster, no need to sugar coat that. I would've assumed you were wasted if I somehow slept through last year and woke up to hear you say Brock Purdy is the starting QB for SF and pretty sure I'm plenty familiar with him lol. Crazy game.

That move was a real hard one to get over when that skillset is not something they wanted anything to do with...

But they constantly draft well late with absolute studs - Kittle, Warner, Tufunga, Purdy, Debo, etc. etc.

Don’t think I have any interest laying -7.5 for game when I’d guess Trey Lance play most the 2nd half? Much rather have anything less than -7 for 1st half w niners starters vs backups!
Lance didn't even roll out to practice yesterday after he heard Darnold won the backup. I'd be surprised if he even suits up.
Let's Say For Shits And Giggles... Purdy Comes Out For A Drive Or 2. Scores A Td.

Now Sam Comes Out...He Wants To Show There Was A REASON WHY He Was Given Back-Up.

Lance Comes Out...Needs To Show The League Why He Is Worth Picking Up/Why 9ers Blew It Not Making Him #2/9ers Need Him Out There To Show The League He Is The Shiznit.

Niners Seems To Be The Play. They Could Cover The Over Themselves!
9ers -7 Over 38

Let's Say For Shits And Giggles... Purdy Comes Out For A Drive Or 2. Scores A Td.

Now Sam Comes Out...He Wants To Show There Was A REASON WHY He Was Given Back-Up.

Lance Comes Out...Needs To Show The League Why He Is Worth Picking Up/Why 9ers Blew It Not Making Him #2/9ers Need Him Out There To Show The League He Is The Shiznit.

9ers -7 Over 38

I prefer the 1st half -4.5. Purdy and darnold vs backups.

Bosa situation is a nothing burger. They gave him the summer off...
Lynch seemed like he was pulling his hair out in that bit I read, completely frustrated and he didn't expect it to get to this point. Not sure what he'd gain by admitting that if it didn't mean anything. I'm sure trying to squeeze all those guys into the cap down the road would be frustrating, they all gonna want to get paid sooner than later

Lynch seemed like he was pulling his hair out in that bit I read, completely frustrated and he didn't expect it to get to this point. Not sure what he'd gain by admitting that if it didn't mean anything. I'm sure trying to squeeze all those guys into the cap down the road would be frustrating, they all gonna want to get paid sooner than later

Helps when they're saving 50 million/year at the QB position...

9ers -7 Over 38
Lance already been traded mate

Helps when they're saving 50 million/year at the QB position...

Pretty sure that was the whole idea behind drafting Lance. They knew they were gonna have to have a qb on rookie deal to keep team together. Even cheaper now with Purdy, he can’t be making dick!!

Wow nm they are honestly just handing the ball off 3 times for Tanny? That's the run he was going to get?

Pretty sure that was the whole idea behind drafting Lance. They knew they were gonna have to have a qb on rookie deal to keep team together. Even cheaper now with Purdy, he can’t be making dick!!
Curious what a 7th round contract is, can't be for more than a couple years

Yikes - and 9ers rake during rounds 3 and 4...

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 3 (Compensatory)
Round 3 (Compensatory)
Round 4
Round 4 (via Dallas)
Round 5 (Compensatory)
Round 5 (Compensatory)
Round 6
Round 6 (Compensatory)
Round 7

@2daBank what’s on the card for me to rebound lol

Browns playing Baker 1h and Trask 2h. Ravens playing JJ and Brown I think again. JJ good enough to win I suppose. But I lean Tampa.

If Matt Barkely is hurt and we get a ton of Kyle Allen to close out the game then I like Bills, I think.

Browns I assume we get a lot of DTR into the second half but I don’t know KC backup plans. That Bouche dude been okay.

Jets Giants line seems like a lot of points!

@2daBank what’s on the card for me to rebound lol

Browns playing Baker 1h and Trask 2h. Ravens playing JJ and Brown I think again. JJ good enough to win I suppose. But I lean Tampa.

If Matt Barkely is hurt and we get a ton of Kyle Allen to close out the game then I like Bills, I think.

Browns I assume we get a lot of DTR into the second half but I don’t know KC backup plans. That Bouche dude been okay.

Jets Giants line seems like a lot of points!

Giants+6 is really the one I been eyeing the most. I didn’t have time to get over to Illinios this morning. I’ll try to look at few more the later ones and see if I like anything else.

I havnt did any reading on it or heard coaches this week but I know dallas isn’t playing starters and raiders been beast this preseason. They def worth looking at

Whole day seems like an audition for future insurance agents of America.

Lots of these guys will be bouncers next week

You guys think Dallas will have Lance playing today? He can’t know much the offense or hasn’t had a chance to practice w them yet, seems like it be kinda a bad idea. Raiders have hung 34 points in each game, gotta think O’Connell will get a bunch of run today and he been pretty awesome.

You guys think Dallas will have Lance playing today? He can’t know much the offense or hasn’t had a chance to practice w them yet, seems like it be kinda a bad idea. Raiders have hung 34 points in each game, gotta think O’Connell will get a bunch of run today and he been pretty awesome.
No way, he might still be packing

Dobbs not playing for Cards, it's been a couple days and he actually does know the playbook since OC was his QB coach last year. Doubt Trey has even left SF yet

Bills run 2 plays for 2 yards each and call timeouts after each?

Going to give Bears another possession!

No way, he might still be packing

Dobbs not playing for Cards, it's been a couple days and he actually does know the playbook since OC was his QB coach last year. Doubt Trey has even left SF yet

Yea, I didn’t really think they would just making sure. That really only way I see them hanging with raiders. The guys they been trotting out this preseason not gonna do it!

Back