Week 15 Lookahead Lines/ BetOnline Openers and Discussion

I think we are in Rivers head. 9 in a row and he’s had some awful games at Arrowhead. Allen will get his for sure and I don’t think they have the stones to stay committed to the run (which we can’t stop). Wind won’t play much of a factor IMO. Worried about Butker he looked awful last week and has missed some XP’s. Fairly confident we get enough stops to win. Perryman and Mebane out both big losses for them.

I’d think the wind/weather be a bigger issue for the kicking games than the passing attacks, both qbs w really strong arms. Wouldn’t think 15mph or less would hamper them much.

I think that Philip Rivers is a Hall of Famer. I hate his face and hate playing against him, but as the kids say "game respects game". This dude has never gotten the breaks so many other QBs have gotten. He's been cursed with poor coaching (minus Marty), injuries every year, and just some awful awful luck over the years. Cant stand him but he belongs among the great QBs of the last 25 years. Hate but secretly love him as a player.

Def think he more deserving than Eli!!

Its all I’ve thought about since the game ended Sunday. This game is the season in my opinion. I am not confident about going up to Seattle next week. Wrap it up here and let’s get homefield. Wish I was going. Already sold my playoff game 1 tickets and will be there if we make the AFC Championship. GL to us aplous

Seachickens rushing attack could have a field day.

Patrick Mahomes first 10 games this year:
231-345 67% completions
3150 yards
31 TDs
7 Int
117.4 Rating

Tom Brady vs Pittsburgh, Regular Season Career (10 games):
260-377 69% completions
3124 yards
25 TDs
4 Int
111.8 Rating

Wentz confirmed to have a fractured vertebra in his back. Looks like rest will heal the injury and not lead to any lingering effects. The Eagles have to shelf him for the rest of the season, regardless of their playoff chances, right?

Gordon looks good in light warmups... Those who saw him warm up in London (when he didn't play) say he looks much better this evening

game is in Carolina though twink
My bad.....retract all I said then.

I have season tix and I coulda sworn my kids been screaming about “going to the game all week”

My bad.

To add....Cam has been pretty hot about a broom sent to him last year after the Saints swept CAR and some Shit that Cam Jordan been sayin.....

CAR could be super motivated.

I’d find other games.......fuck, it’s MNF anyway. Plenty of time to chase lol...

It’s Cam’s shoulder, Dan. It’s shot for sure. Look at the depth and strength of his throws and where they’re going. Nothing beyond 15 yards. Hell, twice now Riverboat Ron has brought Heinecke in just to throw Hail Mary passes at the end of the half. Cam I wouldn’t be surprised gets surgery the week after the season...0% Chance his shoulder is good. Call him a lot of things, but that SOB is tough, he knows he’s limited right now...which also leads to why/how so much of the offense has been run right through CMC. Just think the Panthers are a wounded duck right now. Saints can attack them in any way they want with their strengths IMO

Honestly makes the 3rd and 4th & Goal pass calls last week seem even worse

Cleveland (u6) goes 2-1 and KC (+127 division) loses next week in Seattle and i say fuck off to the NFL futures market for good

Phillip Rivers is a madman. I like everything about this dude, everything. Nine kids, he has the means and the love. Teammates love him, opponents respect him, much to admire, most want to hate. I'm all about Phillip Rivers.

All true but he’s not a winner.

He is the modern day Dan Marino. Great numbers. Great stats.

May even be a great quarterback.

But he’s unfortunately playing in same era as William Nethaniel Bellichek. William owns Rivers like no other QB.
He always seems to have Rivers number.

Chargers are improving though. Smart team they actually figured out that no Nfl Db can cover Mike Williams in the end zone. Dude is Olympic level high jump athleticism.
Best red zone threat in the league.

Having said that William will just double Mike in the end zone and eliminate him from the game.

Cowboys defense likely gets exposed by dog catcher Andrew Luck.

This is a nice spot for Cowboys defense to mail it in. I’m pretty sure that they should want no part of Indy this Sunday.

A great opportunity for Dallas to have a collective mail in day off effort.

This is a nice spot for Cowboys defense to mail it in. I’m pretty sure that they should want no part of Indy this Sunday.

Agree w/Colts play here. Crazy how under the radar this team is.

Yep, don’t understand all the Lynn haters. He’s starting to look like the real deal. Definitely out coached meatball last night.
His mismanagement of the clock at the end of the Broncos game did cost them the win, but who wants a bye and HF anyway there I guess.

And can count on Rams beating Eagles which even with a Cowboys loss would wrap up division.

Damn. Bet 3 games on Tuesday (GB, Den and Det/Buff under) and all 3 have now moved against me.

There are always a couple teams who play hard down the stretch even though they are out (or basically out) of playoff contention....wondering if NYG and Oak are those teams?

There are always a couple teams who play hard down the stretch even though they are out (or basically out) of playoff contention....wondering if NYG and Oak are those teams?

So true, every year there are a few and then there are a few that are opposite.

Then you have a team that will stink it up for a few months and have a surprise week 16 performance.

Drives me nuts.

Yep, don’t understand all the Lynn haters. He’s starting to look like the real deal. Definitely out coached meatball last night.

I loved going for 2 but I’ve watched too many charger games last 2 years where I really questioned the play calling/coaching

The issue is not going for 2 when you scored to cut it to 8...that’s when the math says you should go for 2. This way, you can still tie the game with a 2 on the next TD if you don’t get it, or win it with an XP next TD if you do. He set it up so it was do or die, with no do over. That seems like someone who is less “calculated and prepared,” and more someone who is just flying by the seat of his pants (which has been proven with his clock management many times in the past).

The issue is not going for 2 when you scored to cut it to 8...that’s when the math says you should go for 2. This way, you can still tie the game with a 2 on the next TD if you don’t get it, or win it with an XP next TD if you do. He set it up so it was do or die, with no do over. That seems like someone who is less “calculated and prepared,” and more someone who is just flying by the seat of his pants (which has been proven with his clock management many times in the past).

Which is why you know that the Lynn praisers would be hating on him if KC doesn‘t happen to blow the coverage on that 2-pointer.
(So I agree with you)

For sure he is a winner, 2x super bowl as player. Paid his dues many times, benefits from Phillip but I pull for him, top 1/3 coach

It would be interesting to make a thread and have everyone rank the head coaches. After that decision last night, Lynn loses a few points, but agreed that he’s still one of the better coaches in the NFL. But does that say more about him, or more about the state of head coaching in the NFL? It’s an interesting topic.

For sure he is a winner, 2x super bowl as player. Paid his dues many times, benefits from Phillip but I pull for him, top 1/3 coach

I’m curious as to when you changed your opinion on him being a top 1/3 coach. When I listed him in my top 15 (2 weeks ago) you took exception to it, now you’re calling him a top 10 coach yourself. I’m glad we seem to agree, just found it funny.

Yeah, he was just so bad at Pitt and KC, right?!

Doesnt matter, he cost them a win in that DEN game. I'm not saying he's a bad coach at all. Its just another example of a coach not knowing clock management at the end of the game and these guys are paid way too much to make that mistake, even if they perform well in another game. Instead of simply running the ball, they threw a WR screen pass that Phyllis chucked in the dirt. Denver won the game as time expired. it was actually an egrigous error, it wasnt even being agressive, it was flat out stupid.

Right. Most fans have no clue themselves, and don’t even think in those terms. The vast majority of them.
Haha, yeah most fans think they’d be good coaches themselves. Lynn is a solid coach. He screws me every time I bet against him. 8-2 over the last two weeks and both losses were brutal Chargers’ covers.

fast forward to 8:30 mark coming out of the two minute warning, DEN with no timeouts left. A run and punt bleeds the clock to about 1:10 or perhaps you run and get first down, it happens. Denver is just about at midfield with 37 seconds left in the game, when they should have been out of time and game over. Its common sense. I dont know why these morons dont get someone to manage situations like this for them. Perhaps coaches are overwhelmed during the game, I can get that. So hire someone to stand there and tell you what to do. See it time and time again in college and pros.

fast forward to 8:30 mark coming out of the two minute warning, DEN with no timeouts left. A run and punt bleeds the clock to about 1:10 or perhaps you run and get first down, it happens. Denver is just about at midfield with 37 seconds left in the game, when they should have been out of time and game over. Its common sense. I dont know why these morons dont get someone to manage situations like this for them. Perhaps coaches are overwhelmed during the game, I can get that. So hire someone to stand there and tell you what to do. See it time and time again in college and pros.
I remember. The one time I bet on them!

I’m curious as to when you changed your opinion on him being a top 1/3 coach. When I listed him in my top 15 (2 weeks ago) you took exception to it, now you’re calling him a top 10 coach yourself. I’m glad we seem to agree, just found it funny.

I still dont think he is top ten, I did suggest it was absurd that he was better than McDermott, that might have been lil harsh, maybe I feel guilty now and want to like him cuz he is likable.

At the end of the day, they are winning cuz of Phillip but the team has chemistry and that is on the HC.

He deserves respect for sure.

I still dont think he is top ten, I did suggest it was absurd that he was better than McDermott, that might have been lil harsh, maybe I feel guilty now and want to like him cuz he is likable.

At the end of the day, they are winning cuz of Phillip but the team has chemistry and that is on the HC.

He deserves respect for sure.
Very likable guy. I’ve been a fan ever since the near fatal car wreck with Todd Haley. Lynn went from almost dying to back at practice in less than two weeks.

So true, every year there are a few and then there are a few that are opposite.

Then you have a team that will stink it up for a few months and have a surprise week 16 performance.

Drives me nuts.

It's called "gambling"

Followed by bitching about the refs/coaches/players/Beerguy

Back