Week 1 What Are We Learning

I'd be real nervous if I was the coach at Florida State because its just a matter of time before Deion takes over. Speaking of Deion I could not be more shocked at how good of a coach he is; recruiting was expected but the results on the field speak for themselves.

Couple quick UM thoughts... More to come in the B16 thread...

Corum looked hesitant at times. I'll attribute that to first game back after a major injury.

JJ looked ultra impressive. No surprise on my end, but I think that will surprise a lot nationally.

WRs and TEs were solid.

Tough to evaluate the OL. ECU wanted to sell on the run, so the run blocking wasn't great. With basically 10 starters on the OL, they will find the right mix. Pass protection was excellent.

Dline wasn't great, as far as pass rush. With that being said, ECU plays were more quick than you hope as far as recording sacks etc.

Kicker is an issue. Big time.

Love the basically 50/50 play distribution through the meat of the game.

Couple quick UM thoughts... More to come in the B16 thread...

Corum looked hesitant at times. I'll attribute that to first game back after a major injury.

JJ looked ultra impressive. No surprise on my end, but I think that will surprise a lot nationally.

WRs and TEs were solid.

Tough to evaluate the OL. ECU wanted to sell on the run, so the run blocking wasn't great. With basically 10 starters on the OL, they will find the right mix. Pass protection was excellent.

Dline wasn't great, as far as pass rush. With that being said, ECU plays were more quick than you hope as far as recording sacks etc.

Kicker is an issue. Big time.

Love the basically 50/50 play distribution through the meat of the game.
My quick UM thoughts; didn't cover the spread and I'm not too happy about it.

I'd be real nervous if I was the coach at Florida State because its just a matter of time before Deion takes over. Speaking of Deion I could not be more shocked at how good of a coach he is; recruiting was expected but the results on the field speak for themselves.
87 new players is unheard of yet Sanders pulled it off successfully.
Would surprise me if Fla. St. be open,never know.I think Florida and A&M is the HOT SEATS,imo.

South Carolina cannot protect Rattler. That O line looks awful tonight. Cocks should be concerned when you consider UNC ranked 120th in sacks last year.
Brutal.

I am curious to see the UNC defense against even an average OL in order to properly cap them.

Early games can be fool's gold with regard to sacks, etc.

I wanted to chime in on this and I say no way. Norvell has it going on. Regardless what happens tomorrow night in the showcase of the week.

Pretty amazing though for Sanders. That’s a big fucking win. Alotta people shit on this team.
We will learn more as it goes on especially in a few weeks, but that looked like coaching to me and his kid looking pretty fucking good. Whatever happens they will have this day. And I love Neon. One of my favorite athletes of all time.

I’ll say this though. He does it his way and that’s cool. But this team will get drilled soon. I’d save all the receipts and energy in the pressers….no disrespect, but gotta be a little different when having these post game pressers. Yea energy was high and y’all killed it. I know he got a group to play crazy great today. It was awesome.

He was Coach Prime in taglines all summer and even tonight on the ticker. I noticed and my Father the same…we both said “does he like that moniker? Seems gimmicky..”

Saw later it was Coach Sanders. Same channel, same ticker.

I was sitting next to someone with a Pedo St ticket. Wow. I’ve read multiple tales on the outcome in Happy Valley.
I do like that in a coach though

I was sitting next to someone with a Pedo St ticket. Wow. I’ve read multiple tales on the outcome in Happy Valley.
I do like that in a coach though
Not like they weren't dominating that 2h

They had just given up a soft tuddy drive. They was covering.

LA Tech is as bad as advertised but SMU wasn't as good as I expected, either. I'm curious what the line will be for OU.

Harris for UTSA is still rusty from injury and single-handedly cost them that game. That and a penalty on a FG attempt that led to 7 instead of 3 which was the difference in the game. UTSA was the right side but until Harris is accurate again you can't trust them. Houston won't win games relying on defense and holding teams to 14.

As BAR has said the new rules really shave a handful of plays away with Michigan. Other teams, not so much.

Week 2 Odds at FanDuel, so far:

Domers -7.5 @NC State
Michigan -38.5 UNLV
Iowa -3.5 @ Iowa State
Colorado -2.5 Nebraska
OU -14 SMU
Bama -6.5 Horns
Auburn -5.5 @ Cal

I watched every play of Tulane/S Bama

Michael Pratt picked right up where he left off. That kid is good. Why he was in late…well. That’s for debate. I think he’s banged up and they possibly hold him out for Ole Miss.
With Pratt, the Wave will be fine and aiming for another New Years 6

We need a running list of who the new clock rules helped/hurt..not based on stats but your own 2 eyes.

I will say Penn State definitely practiced the 2 minute drill at the end of half throwing to the sidelines. Didn't see many teams doing that yesterday.

Michigan definitely won't score as many points this year, especially if the defense doesn't generate turnovers.

Wyoming run game will chew the hell out of clock and did. Their T.O.P was ridiculous last night.

Texas Tech still goes Nascar speed regardless.

USC doesn't a give a fuck, and most of the PAC 12 doesn't sans UCLA. UCLA is more of a systemic offense based on flow and rhythm, so It's understandable. The rest of those teams just go, go.

Wisconsin is interesting with the spread. It was weird watching them open it up. Run game ahead of pass game right now.

Iowa is still Iowa, regardless of QB.

All I can think of right now off top of dome.

Had Sam Houston +24 so watched game. Both offenses made the defenses look like the Steel Curtain. Wow, some bad offense. I think BYU is going to be in big trouble in the B12, even though it's not a defensive league. Their offense looked horrific.

Between Week 0/1, won about 5 units but had to work for it. Got lucky and got off some losers Live betting, like Col St. +15 (vs closing line of 10). Had just awesome line value from betting early on most of my bets but it didn't translate all that great - i.e. had Fresno/Purdue U54.5 vs. close of 46 and that was basically lost at half. Again, managed to hedge out on some losers Live betting which saved the weekend.

Love Petrino. had A&M -37 and up 42-10 mid to late 4th they're still chucking it big time. Got the cover TD late. Heard Franklin did similar in PSU/WV game. Love it when coaches know the big spreads and try to cover, probably for the alums betting. Reminds me of Snyder's 1st stint at K St.

Gotta think some of the PAC12 games are going to be lined at around 80. not sure who all plays each other but USC, Wash, Org, Col, maybe Cal all can light it up.

Had Sam Houston +24 so watched game. Both offenses made the defenses look like the Steel Curtain. Wow, some bad offense. I think BYU is going to be in big trouble in the B12, even though it's not a defensive league. Their offense looked horrific.
Mate it's the only way we compete, almost like Oklahoma runs the conference.

Much like not over-reacting to week 1, I also need to not hold onto my preconceived notions from the preseason. Nothing glaring thus far, but something I need to constantly remind myself so I don't continue to lose money betting on/against certain teams

I don't think you can take too much away from the Alabama game due to opponent, but everything I saw was encouraging. If Milroe can play like that and improve as the season goes on, I don't see how anyone takes his job outside of injury

No news here but I'm not nor never have been a fan of Ewers. And nothing changed this weekend, and thus I'm becoming less of a fan of Sarkisian's. And I really want Sarkisian to do welI. But I just don't get it. I'm happy that the poor choice of hair and Chic Fil-A diet are gone. Great. And the intermediate throws are still good. But the pocket presence remains bad. The footwork is suspect, on a good day. Improvising consists of throwing the ball 15 rows deep into the stands. And the deep balls remain good awful abysmal. I don't think DBs should be able to fair catch them, but they could if allowed.

I'm waiting for Ewers to prove me wrong. The wait's about done. I'll revisit this around 10P next Saturday night.

No news here but I'm not nor never have been a fan of Ewers. And nothing changed this weekend, and thus I'm becoming less of a fan of Sarkisian's. And I really want Sarkisian to do welI. But I just don't get it. I'm happy that the poor choice of hair and Chic Fil-A diet are gone. Great. And the intermediate throws are still good. But the pocket presence remains bad. The footwork is suspect, on a good day. Improvising consists of throwing the ball 15 rows deep into the stands. And the deep balls remain good awful abysmal. I don't think DBs should be able to fair catch them, but they could if allowed.

I'm waiting for Ewers to prove me wrong. The wait's about done. I'll revisit this around 10P next Saturday night.
Ditto. I never liked Ewers last year and didn't understand the hype coming into this year

I didn't know much about Wyoming and still don't but that game is why I watch CFB. Resiliency, want and grit, personified. Tech was up 17-0 eleven minutes into the game. It was going sideways for Wyoming. A significant size and talent advantage for Tech but Bohl and his team never gave in.

This was an incredible play by the Wyoming QB that effectively won the game in OT.

I didn't know much about Wyoming and still don't but that game is why I watch CFB. Resiliency, want and grit, personified. Tech was up 17-0 eleven minutes into the game. It was going sideways for Wyoming. A significant size and talent advantage for Tech but Bohl and his team never gave in.

This was an incredible play by the Wyoming QB that effectively won the game in OT.

I tried to talk myself into playing Wyoming ml all week, like I told @Br@ssknux in his thread it was just so hard cause their passing game is usually so freaking bad! Doesn’t much matter who playing qb it usually the same mold, big strong kid who throws his body around, usually has a cannon but accuracy a issue. They go long as possible hardly even attempting to throw but every once in awhile out of nowhere they come up w enough plays to get them a drive they gotta have. When tech jumped all over them I honestly stopped paying attention and kinda figured I be lucky to cash w the +14. Despite their issues there no way I’d want to go there to open my season if I was a power 5!

Colorado is one

How bout the other side the spectrum, every typical square in the world will be pounding Utah laying under a td against a baylor team who just got beat pretty handily as 4 td favs while utes had little problem w gators. I have no idea if Utah qb might play but if he does it will really be lopsided!

I could probably convince myself to play baylor, preferably it gets bet up over 7. Gators did throw for a lot of yards it just didn’t lead to any points. Problem is I think bears qb got injured in that game, think I might need him to play. The bright side for baylor is their struggles mostly were defending the pass, this might be a better matchup for their d. I dunno. just know this one has to be way up there in terms of games the average person will see week 1 results and think playing Utah a layup.

Purdue's D must have been really proud of themselves getting torched by Mikey Keene for one of the LBs on the 2 deep (backup but got some snaps) getting booked at 4am Sunday morning....

1693836883171.png

Want to get in front of this too. Alllllllllottttttta Tiger fans today saying “why do we play these games 1st”

Chickenshit talk. LSU plays these games and has for years. Everyone else is catching up and will do it too in conference realignment.
Next year USC in Las Vegas and then a Clemson home and home. I’ll take it every fucking time.
Win or lose it’s for the brand.
And the Noles are likely in the playoffs and look pretty damn good.

Want to get in front of this too. Alllllllllottttttta Tiger fans today saying “why do we play these games 1st”

Chickenshit talk. LSU plays these games and has for years. Everyone else is catching up and will do it too in conference realignment.
Next year USC in Las Vegas and then a Clemson home and home. I’ll take it every fucking time.
Win or lose it’s for the brand.
And the Noles are likely in the playoffs and look pretty damn good.

I agree that FSU looks really good. And I agree 100% on playing these games.

I’d be concerned by some of the quotes I read from postgame about them buying into the preseason hype. Also saw where one of the beat writers accused the secondary of giving up in the 2nd half. CFB nerds were the only ones I saw preseason that were concerned about the plan to move Harold Perkins to a true middle LB. He was virtually invisible last night to my untrained eyes. Don’t think it’s a season ender by any stretch for LSU. And maybe it’s more beneficial to learn this about themselves game 1 rather than game 6 or whatever

I agree that FSU looks really good. And I agree 100% on playing these games.

I’d be concerned by some of the quotes I read from postgame about them buying into the preseason hype. Also saw where one of the beat writers accused the secondary of giving up in the 2nd half. CFB nerds were the only ones I saw preseason that were concerned about the plan to move Harold Perkins to a true middle LB. He was virtually invisible last night to my untrained eyes. Don’t think it’s a season ender by any stretch for LSU. And maybe it’s more beneficial to learn this about themselves game 1 rather than game 6 or whatever
Agree on all accounts. If that’s what Perkins looks like at middle linebacker, time to go back to what works. Complete non factor.

The CB concern I had is real. Very. But that kid was dropping dimes and the Noles are super legit. All around legit. I don’t see a weakness period.

Back